Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Default WoW's Final Quest Chain!

Some of you might have noticed that I've been posting less lately. That is because I've been busy hacking Blizzard's computer network and poring through their database for new information about upcoming games. Much to my surprise, I discovered that they've already planned how they're going to end WoW, and I've finally dragged myself away from playing the Diablo III alpha build to post it here. It's quite unexpected, if I do say so myself, and while I can't relay all the information here's a rough description of it.

Cutscene cues.

Med'an stands in front of the Tomb of Sargeras, looking impatient. He smiles as he sees Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream approach.

Med'an: At last! I'm glad you two have arrived. We don't have any time to waste! Sargeras the Dark Titan, Lord of the Burning Legion, has awakened and will soon return to this world unless we work together to stop-

Garrosh: (Ignores Med'an to taunt Varian) Hmph, I knew I smelt human scum!

Varian: (Glowers) Savage swine!

Garrosh: (Glares) You dare? Die!

Varian and Garrosh charge each other and exchange blows with axe and sword until Med'an, with a sigh, blasts them apart with an arcane blast.

Med'an: Calm down, you two! We've all lost people close to us because of this war, but we'll lose even more if we continue to fight. We need to work together!

Garrosh: A true Warchief doesn't ally with weaklings!

Varian: I hope Sargeras destroys all of you!

Med'an: (Watches as the two walk away) Huh, how unfortunately predictable...

Cutscene ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Med'an
Objectives
Defeat the Army of Light and then report to Kil'jaden at the Throne of Kil'jaeden in Outland.

Description
Ah, finally! One of Azeroth's mightiest heroes has arrived! I'm pleased to see that there are still some in this world who aren't blinded by hatred and are able to recognize the true threat! *chuckles* Allow me to introduce myself. I am Med'an, son of the wizard Medivh and the half-orc assassin Garona, and the new Guardian of Tirisfal.

Now...as for why you were summoned here, it has become apparent to me that Sargeras the Dark Titan, Lord of the Burning Legion, has awakened and plans to return to this world. As Guardian, it is my sworn duty to carry out my father's hopes of seeing a new dawn rise for Azeroth...but I cannot proceed until I learn how the Burning Legion intends to summon Sargeras. Fortunately, a unique opportunity has presented itself...

Perhaps you've heard of the Army of the Light (class)? Their creation has been the much spoken goal of the naaru as an alleged weapon of justice and righteousness to smite the evil of the Burning Legion with...but what the naaru don't want you to know is what use this 'Army of the Light' will be put to once the Legion is vanquished. You see, through careful research of forgotten tomes and ancient lore I have discovered that the naaru aren't as...how shall I say this?...tolerant as you might believe. They desire nothing less than a universe of purity, and once the demons are gone they'll turn on the mortal races next with their Army as their vanguard. However, if you strike at this Army preemptively on the naaru's secret homeworld...you'll not only save all worlds in the Great Dark Beyond from their zealotry but also earn the trust of the Burning Legion.

Go forth and destroy the Light, (name). This hearthstone I pickpocketed from A'dal will bring you to Naaru's secret homeworld. Return to me once you've learned what the Burning Legion plans...

Progress
Hurry, (name)! Until we discover how Sargeras will be summoned to Azeroth, every moment that passes brings us closer to our doom! Only by destroying the Army of the Light can we begin to make ourselves safe!

Completion
Hm? What does this mortal desire of Kil'jaeden the Deceiver? Wait...you look familiar. Have we met before? Yes, I think so...someplace that began with 'Sun' and- oh, nevermind. It's probably not important. Now, how can I help one who has done so much to earn favor in the Legion's sight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil'jaeden
Objectives
Return to Med'an at Suramar and let him know what you've learned.

Description
You want to know how the Burning Legion plans to summon our Lord Sargeras to Azeroth? Hm...normally I wouldn't trust such strategic knowledge to one of your kind, (race), but after hearing of your exploits against the naaru and the despicable Army of the Light it is clear to me that you share the Legion's vision of a chaotic universe and will become a welcome asset to our cause...heh.

To usher in a new Age of Chaos upon the face of that puny planet the Legion will perform a ritual at the Tomb of Sageras where the Dark Titan's power has long slept. Agents are already in place to ensure that this comes about, but we still need a mighty magical artifact known as the Medallion of Aegwynn to break the barriers between dimensions. Once the Medallion is in our grasp, nothing will be able to stop us!

Do you understand what I'm asking you, (race)? Return to your homeworld of Azeroth and find the Medallion of Aegwynn for us. If you succeed, your reward will be great beyond your feeble imagination.

Completion
Ah, welcome back, (name). It does this Guardian's heart well to see you safe and sound again. Tell me...what have you learned?
Quote:
Objectives
Kill Alexstrasza the Life-Binder and bring the Medallion of Aegwynn to Med'an.

Description
The Burning Legion needs the Medallion of Aegwynn to successfully summon Sargeras, you say? Hm...that's not good. You see, according to my sources my grandmother's medallion is currently in the possession of the Red Dragon Queen, and while the unenlightened might believe that there would be few places safer for it than the talons of Alexstrasza...I'm afraid that the Life-Binder is actually evil! She's been using brave adventurers like yourself all these years to do her dirty work and kill the rival leaders of the other dragonflights so that she can unite the dragons under her infernal tyranny and conquer the world! And while I was hoping that dealing with her could wait until after we've denied Sargeras entry to Azeroth, this new development forces our hand.

Go to the Life-Binder's sanctuary, end her reign of terror, and retrieve the Medallion of Aegwynn for me! I cannot leave such a dangerous artifact in the hands of one so sinister in these dark times!

Progress
Is that doubt I see on your face? I can understand your hesitation, but I assure you the words I speak are truth. After all, you've already fought and defeated Malygos, Deathwing, Ysera the Corrupted, and Nozdormu's evil twin from counter-Azeroth's future's past! Surely you can see the logic in Alexstrasza being next!

Completion
Excellent work, (name). With Alexstrasza dead, that's one last obstacle that'll stand in my wa- er, I mean, one less danger we need to worry about. Now, listen closely. I'm afraid I have some bad news...
Quote:
Objectives
Kill Rehgar Earthfury, Maraad, Jaina Proudmore, Rohan, Hamuul Runetotem, Broll Bearmantle, and Valeera Sanguinar.

Description
Tell me, (name), have you wondered why I stand alone here? Why my allies in the remade Council of Tirisfal are strangely absent? It is because...they have all been corrupted by the Old Gods!

Yes, it is shocking, I know, that such noble souls would fall prey to their dark whispers, but it appears that we underestimated the full diabolical reach of the Old Gods. My friends didn't realize that in their many victories against the Twilight's Hammer and the other minions of these necrophotic entities that they were steadily losing something even more important inside themselves. *sighs*

It saddens me greatly to ask this of you, but please...kill the members of the Council of Tirisfal. You'll be doing them a favor by freeing them from the taint of the Old Gods, even though it means their deaths. Trust me on this, to live with such horrific corruption inside you is a burden no one should have to bear. You never know when it'll seize control.

Progress
Don't let the Council deceive you, (class). They will lie about their corruption and may even seek to turn you against me with their words, but don't believe them! It is up to you to do the right thing!

Completion
And so it is done. Once again, the Guardian destroys the Council of Tirisfal. I truly am following in the footsteps of my father, aren't I? At least I know that it won't be much longer before this all comes to an end, (name).
Quote:
Objectives
Destroy the titan Aggramar and return with the blade Taeshalach to Med'an.

Description
You have done well, (name). Thanks to you neither the Army of the Light nor Alexstrasza will interfere with mortals ever again, and you saved the souls of the Council of Tirisfal from an even worse fate. Moreover, with the Medallion of Aegwynn in my hands and my spellcraft in place there is only one more thing I need to complete my duty and put an end to this war between Azeroth and the Burning Legion once and for all – Taeshalach, one half of the ancient sword Gorshalach which shattered itself in twain when its master, the Dark Titan Sargeras, fell into madness.

With Taeshalach in my possession, I can perform a ritual that'll ensure this will be the last time Sargeras even contemplates journeying to this world. However, the blade is currently wielded by Aggramar the Titan, the Pantheon's commander in their battles against the demons of the Burning Legion. Stealing this weapon would normally be beyond even your great abilities, hero, but I have learned through secret sources that Kil'jaeden the Deceiver has an ambush in waiting for Aggramar. This magic stone will transport you to the site of the planned assault. Once there, I want you to use your favored status with the Legion to join the attack, ensure that Aggramar is defeated, and then return to me with his sword.

Hmm, what do you mean that sounds suspicious? Have I led you wrong yet, (name)? Besides, don't you remember what happened in Ulduar? You're obviously going to have to fight the Titans when they return to Azeroth anyway to stop them from 'reordering' the world, so you might as well deal the first blow. Consider this another preemptive strike!

...Still not convinced? How about I throw in an epic spectral armored bear mount to sweeten the deal?

Progress
There's a spectral armored bear with your name on it waiting for you when you get back. Don't disappoint the bear!

Completion
You've triumphed? Excellent! Aggramar's death- er, I mean, your success pleases me greatly, but there isn't time to celebrate yet. One last deed remains to be done...
Quote:
Objectives
Defend Med'an for 20 minutes from the Cenarion Crusade of the Ebon Earth's Zandalarian Deathsworn of the Shattered Accord + Ravenholdt.

Description
Now that everything I need to perform the ritual is available I shall start immediately. The armies of the Alliance and Horde under Varian Wrynn and Garrosh Hellscream have already arrived at Suramar, but they are too busy fighting each other to hinder-*coughs* sorry, I mean help us.

More pressing is the Cenarion Crusade of the Ebon Earth's Zandalarian Deathsworn of the Shattered Accord + Ravenholdt. They've been tricked by the Burning Legion into believing that I am possessed by the Dark Titan himself and plan to reunite his consciousness and power instead of stopping such a terrifying outcome. You must protect me, (name)! Once my ritual is complete everything will become clear!

...and I'll give you an epic spectral chromatic Twilight dragon flying mount and Zeratul vanity pet too!
Cutscene cues.

Med'an: At long last, it is done. Everything is complete! This is a great day...for me, Sargeras the Dark Titan! Bwhahaha! (morphs into the Lord of the Burning Legion and combines Gorribal and Taeshalach to reforge Gorshalach)

Sargeras: Surprised? You really shouldn't be...and if you expected this and went along because you assumed you could fight and defeat me...think again! Because of the quests you've done for me I'm now regarded as a friendly NPC to you, and you wouldn't dare harm me before I give you your quest rewards! This is the end...of the World of Warcraft! (swings Gorshalach and destroys Azeroth)

Cutscene ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeras, the Dark Titan
Completion
Well done, (name). You have served me exceptionally well...so well, in fact, that I am appointing you to take Archimonde's place in my legion. The story of Azeroth has come to a conclusion, but your epic story as the favored servant of Sargeras is just beginning! Mount your new spectral chromatic Twilight dragon and take to the winds of the Twisting Nether. There you will find new worlds awaiting my coming and new riches and epic gear for you to earn! With me as your faction leader your days of adventuring will never end! Mwhahaha!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 AM

Eternal

All he has to do is promise us better gear and we will sell Azeroth the fuck out.

Also, I think I heard that Thrall decided to be Guardian instead?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Awesome, Rowan Seven, AWESOME xDDD.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Cenarion Crusade of the Ebon Earth's Zandalarian Deathsworn of the Shattered Accord + Ravenholdt.

Best. Faction. Ever.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:34 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Cenarion Crusade of the Ebon Earth's Zandalarian Deathsworn of the Shattered Accord + Ravenholdt.

Best. Faction. Ever.
Agreed so fucking much.

And what does it say about me that I find the idea of playing as commander of an extradimensional demonic army hellbent on universal destruction with a demon god as my faction leader extremely awesome?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
According to my datamining Thrall does temporarily become the Guardian of Azeroth, but after Empress Azshara gobbles up Nordrassil with her tentacles and transforms into Lavos in Patch 6.7 the Son of Durotan is promoted to Guardian of the Great Dark Beyond by Elune and creates the Guardian Corps to combat the intergalactic parasitic menace. Med'an reassumes the position of Guardian of Azeroth in the aftermath following a 12-issue comic mini-series featuring soliloquies every other panel, an unrealistically proportioned female elf side-kick who doesn't have any lines, and Cho'gall feigning death in every issue only to return alive and well in the next.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:06 PM

Eternal

So you kill Jaina, Broll and Valeera...That's...unfortunate
Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
According to my datamining Thrall does temporarily become the Guardian of Azeroth, but after Empress Azshara gobbles up Nordrassil with her tentacles and transforms into Lavos in Patch 6.7 the Son of Durotan is promoted to Guardian of the Great Dark Beyond by Elune and creates the Guardian Corps to combat the intergalactic parasitic menace. Med'an reassumes the position of Guardian of Azeroth in the aftermath following a 12-issue comic mini-series featuring soliloquies every other panel, an unrealistically proportioned female elf side-kick who doesn't have any lines, and Cho'gall feigning death in every issue only to return alive and well in the next.
The Guardian Corps <3
Old 04-02-2010, 09:33 PM

Faerie Dragon

Progress
There's a spectral armored bear with your name on it waiting for you when you get back. Don't disappoint the bear!

I MUST NOT DISAPPOINT THE BEAR!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM

Eternal

Shadow Orb

This has awesomeness written all over it.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

This has FAKE written all over it.

If you could hack into Blizzard's servers, you'd be playing the Diablo III BETA build.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Fucking awesome. xD Best quest ever.

If they did this... OMG I can hear te hipotetical QQ in the forums xD

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post

If you could hack into Blizzard's servers, you'd be playing the Diablo III BETA build.
i don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but this is a year old post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:36 PM

(╯�□�)╯︵ ┻━┻
Get Off My Lawn!

There's a hidden message here.

The resurrection of this thread can only mean one thing.

WoW's next hero class will be the Necromancer.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Eternal

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
There's a hidden message here.

The resurrection of this thread can only mean one thing.

WoW's next hero class will be the Necromancer.
That was the purpose.

Indeed.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Eternal

I actually believe that Rowan is telling the truth and he actually hacked into Blizzard's network.
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 03-02-2011, 04:58 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:

For me, it has TROLL written all over it.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
For me, it has TROLL written all over it.
Zandalar, Darkspear, Jungle or Amani?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Zandalar, Darkspear, Jungle or Amani?
The Obvioustrololo tribe.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
The Obvioustrololo tribe.
You mean this one?

Last edited by Aedror; 03-02-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Pfft. For someone who has contacts at Blizzard, Omacron, you're a bit behind. I've already finished playing through the BETA builds of the Diablo 3 expansions (the new classes are Runemaster and Tinker) and am now fooling around with an early build of the Titan project which, despite info to the contrary, is actually a "Marvel vs. Capcom" style fighter based on Blizzard's licensed properties. The Thrall-Zeratul-Tyrael triple team is AMAZING (their assists are ridiculously cool!), but I'm stalled on the boss gauntlet because Diablo is CHEAP. I've KO'ed him three times in a row and he still keeps coming back somehow.

And yes, before you ask, all three Lost Vikings are playable.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Pfft. For someone who has contacts at Blizzard, Omacron, you're a bit behind. I've already finished playing through the BETA builds of the Diablo 3 expansions (the new classes are Runemaster and Tinker) and am now fooling around with an early build of the Titan project which, despite info to the contrary, is actually a "Marvel vs. Capcom" style fighter based on Blizzard's licensed properties. The Thrall-Zeratul-Tyrael triple team is AMAZING (their assists are ridiculously cool!), but I'm stalled on the boss gauntlet because Diablo is CHEAP. I've KO'ed him three times in a row and he still keeps coming back somehow.

Dude, Lt. Gen. Andorov's Zangief moves owns their @%&!, check it out.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Eternal

Quote:

You disappoint me Rowan, the question we all want answered is : Is Timmy playable?
Xie wants YOU to check Wulfang brainchild RIGHT NOW. SO click on this text
Old 03-05-2011, 07:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:

Oh, God. Can't wait for Sylvannas, Andariel and Kerrigan

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
All he has to do is promise us better gear and we will sell Azeroth the fuck out.

No, he's not. Rumor spread about Thrall being the guardian back in wrath, but this came from the comicbook series when Jaina asked Thrall to become part of the guardians of Tirisfal to Train Med'an. Thrall refused due to the importance happening with the war on the scourge, and thus numpties spread rumors around about him becoming 'the guardian of Tirisfal.

Please god sake can't people desolve this already?

Also, sorry op, but Varian and Garrosh are just to ego centric characters to apply themselves to something as important as saving the world, they onyl care about killing each other, get some more 'world saving' type heroes to replace them and to might be onto something.

Last edited by Brohgshaman; 03-13-2011 at 11:08 PM..