Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Nostalgia time, remember this?

Crazy to think that this probably became either part of Mac'Aree or Krokun.

(R.I.P. Hayven)
Old 08-09-2017, 05:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Indeed I do! If you ever wanted to know how many red shirts I own, the answer is inside.

Also, another in game cutscene:

If I ask you a question here will you answer it?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
Crazy to think that this probably became either part of Mac'Aree or Krokun.
Don't forget that whole landmass southeast of the Broken Shore that was Thal'Dranah before they turned the Broken Shore into Thal'Dranath. I'm still betting they took that island and turned it into Argus, or a large part of it, anyway. You don't just pull out a Tanaan Jungle-sized zone out of your ass at the endpoint of an expansion. Course, they probably were working on it since the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
Worgen were always something that sounded neat though. I mean they even went with the story going with the common fan fic
Ok, fine. Pandaren were out of left field. Of course the entire expansion was.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:03 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Ok, fine. Pandaren were out of left field. Of course the entire expansion was.
Eh, people were wanting monks for a long time, and the only way they were going to be introduced if its pandaren came in to join the factions and train the other races on how to be one.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mertico View Post
If I ask you a question here will you answer it?
Sure.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:57 PM

Huntress

Fake leaks would work better if they read like they were poorly translated from Chinese. Like the other ones.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Don't forget that whole landmass southeast of the Broken Shore that was Thal'Dranah before they turned the Broken Shore into Thal'Dranath. I'm still betting they took that island and turned it into Argus, or a large part of it, anyway. You don't just pull out a Tanaan Jungle-sized zone out of your ass at the endpoint of an expansion. Course, they probably were working on it since the beginning.
I'm sure work started on Argus the second Thal'Dranath was canceled, as was alluded to me by a quest designer friend at Blizz, but I don't know if much was recycled considering Thal'Dranath was going to be filled with fel-blighted elven ruins.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:31 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah View Post
Eh, people were wanting monks for a long time, and the only way they were going to be introduced if its pandaren came in to join the factions and train the other races on how to be one.
Except that all pre-MoP Pandaren were simply Bremasters which, at the time, wasn't a monk spec.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Sure.
Thanks, I didn't have a real question but I appreciate your passion for Warcraft and your fame in the Warcraft community.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:48 PM

Banished

I can assume that Argus isn't the final boss

Old 08-09-2017, 11:00 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Shadow Orb

@Black Seas of Kul Tiras:
I would've called my fake expansion "Dark Heart of Kul Tiras", referring not only to Jaina's broken, void filled heart but also to her new thrall: Revenant Garrosh!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
Could also be a deliberate red herring. Remember they also added Ogre Hallow's End masks a few years ago and people were speculating that since it was how Worgen/Goblins were implied, it'd be the same.
That ogre mask red herring was laughable, and a rather pathetic attempt of Blizzard to cover up the datamined worgen/goblin masks (if they even made an effort at all).
Old 08-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
I can assume that Argus isn't the final boss

It could be that the fight takes place across two different areas, like the Fallen Avatar in ToS.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:47 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
It could be that the fight takes place across two different areas, like the Fallen Avatar in ToS.
According to the cutscene, the first image is where you fight Aggramar, the second one is where you fight Argus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:49 AM

Elune

Personally, I'd be more excited about things like class relics and armor dyes that truly expand character customization, rather than more hairstyles that add more of the same.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They are not gonna add dyes
Old 08-10-2017, 08:09 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I know; I'm just saying it's something that would be more interesting.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

probably not.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
If they ever add it, it'll be gated behind achievement and insane requirement, pretty much like the color variation of the artifact imho

Quote:
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:05 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

I just saw two Doomsayers sitting on the south side of the Violet Citadel staring at Argus with one of them saying:
"I've dreamt of this moment for so long, but not once did I imagine it being so... beautiful"
Old 08-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggler View Post
I just saw two Doomsayers sitting on the south side of the Violet Citadel staring at Argus with one of them saying:
"I've dreamt of this moment for so long, but not once did I imagine it being so... beautiful"
Nice, will check it out.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post

NAZJATAR
The ancient lands beneath the sea have been risen to the surface in wonderous glory. Queen Azshara’s wrath threatens all of Azeroth, and the search to destroy her brings the heroes of the Alliance and Horde to her risen empire.The Tidestone of Golganneth has been depleted, for a time. However the potential devastation proven by Nazjatar’s rebirth leaves no time to waste. Storm the tides of doom and reclaim the Tidestone, or drown in the glory of their wicked master.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it
The crater is the MAelstrom, the Heart of Azeroth. Nazjatar being raised would maybe" fill" that crater

The Hammer of Khaz’goroth, was seized by Magni Bronzebeard as soon as he returned to Azeroth. Suspected to be an uncontrollable defense-mechanism from the World Soul, he was trusted to take it to the Molten Core in Blackrock Mountain. But the seeds of darkness have rooted deep into Azeroth, and horrible truth has been revealed that the King of Diamonds, has been deceived. The whispers from the earth brought darkness into Magni’s mind. Now, the corrupted Dwarven Lord has forged a new army, and seeks to bend the Core of the Earth to even further shatter the world, unleashing his new master and his vile servants.

The king of diamond has been made a pawn self explanatory

The Aegis of Aggramar, once used to shield the Azeroth’s soul from madness, has been taken into friendly hands by Odyn and his Valajar once again. With the Titans imprisoned, the Highkeeper has found new purpose in uniting the remaining Keepers and their cause. Ra and Odyn lead the expedition to acquire the Discs of Norgannon. Where only the gates had been excavated, the city that lay beyond has been open at last. And inside, Uldaman, the Forge of Illumination. A Titan city locked under the deep places of the earth holds secrets to defeating the Old Gods. Only the enemy was a step ahead, and the Discs have been taken by horrors of the deep further into the forgotten vault.

The lord of Raven will turn the key He will open the forge of Illumination

THE INFINITE DRAGONFLIGHT
The Eye of Aman’thul, capped at the bottom of the Tomb, was our key into the Nether and defeating the Legion, as well as the prosperity of the Nightborne. The temporal powers granted by the Eye are now in the hands of the Infinite Dragonflight. Who have stolen the rings away to the Dragon Isles, where the Infinite plans a ritual to corrupt the Aspect of Time, Nozdormu. The quest for immortality has lead others to the Isles, and the events that play out could very well change of the course of destiny.

To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars The Circle being the eye of Aman'thul, and the stars are all the context of the nightborne talking about stars and such and getting their power from the eye

Quote:

Last edited by engal; 08-10-2017 at 02:12 PM..
Old 08-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Arch-Druid

All this talk of the next expansion makes me wonder what kind of feel they're going to aim at for it. Nailing down a good set of themes and tones, and conveying them properly, is probably more important than anything else.

I can see them aiming at a sort of high sea adventure/exploration thing. Hell, that might even flow well into N'zoth's pseudo-Lovecraft. A dark unfathomable presence lurking below. Cyclopean cities rising from the depths, its slumbering inhabitants waiting to be awakened once the time is right.

Though really, I'm hoping the old Darkspear Islands reappear. Can't have High sea adventure without some native savages, so maybe this will give the Trolls a chance to have something.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Watched a stream, the fight against Aggramar takes place on the ''World Soul'', As you can see it still hasn't even formed.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultCrazyTitanChefFrank

It's right behind Aggramar. (The place looks amazing btw.)
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion