Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Somehow won first with my Druid with a transmog that's just a full set lol

I'm sad I couldn't have been a smartass and just been in my glowy blue cat form for it.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:12 PM

Arch-Druid

They went all out for the music in Argus. The Raid's music is fucking glorious, this is some Dark Souls / Bloodborne level of goodness.

5:37 dat piano dem goosebumps.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:01 PM

Elune

The music for 7.3 is sounding quite distinct and unique.

This one's my favourite.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
The music for 7.3 is sounding quite distinct and unique.

This one's my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiQQFhxRZSc
Reminds me a bit of Outland.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:11 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
If said avatars had to be made powerful enough to extricate the Old Gods they could, which is something Sargeras wouldn't have needed in an avatar used for just battling armies of demons. Using avatars wouldn't amount to anything if doing so safely meant having to withhold the power necessary to actually overpower and remove the threat.

Projecting themselves into smaller bodies wouldn't mean it'd take less power being needed to uproot the Old Gods from Azeroth. Unleashing that much power through avatars on the surface would probably pose the same sort of risk to the world-soul as reaching down and ripping out Y'shaarj directly did, if not even greater risk, as it would be the whole Pantheon (sans Sargeras) doing it instead of just Aman'thul.
So now there is a precedent. I'm sure that if Azeroth is not corrupted and do not die, she'll finish inside an Avatar to avoid destroying every life residing upon her body ( that's weird said like this but ... . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:22 AM

Demon Hunter

To me, much of the music, in both vids, has a very 'twisted reflection of ulduar' kind of vibe to it.

I like it. Shadows of argus in particular is quite enjoyable.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:34 PM

Arch-Druid

That Black Temple variation in the first minute.

Old 08-18-2017, 04:08 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Joeygiggles#1104

https://m.imgur.com/a/McO7c

This was on MMO, texts between 2 people one being Genki, I don't know who that is. I'm leaning towards fake
Old 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post

This was on MMO, texts between 2 people one being Genki, I don't know who that is. I'm leaning towards fake
Unless Micky is being super tight lipped, he would've told me if he was back "for one term." It's possible he did write a tie-in short story, but he almost assuredly doesn't have the time to write for the game itself. I'm guessing towards fake.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Unless Micky is being super tight lipped, he would've told me if he was back "for one term." It's possible he did write a tie-in short story, but he almost assuredly doesn't have the time to write for the game itself. I'm guessing towards fake.
All I needed to hear to wash my hands of that leak. Didn't feel right either way, seemed like it was trying too hard to seem believable.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:18 PM

Arch-Druid

No dev would be that open before an official announcement anyway.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:34 PM

Sentinel Queen

Dividing the end game zones was what broke it for me.

It does sound pretty cool, though.

Edit:
God, these spells look amazing. They might be enough to make me main my shaman.

Last edited by Mending; 08-18-2017 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-18-2017, 04:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Yeah the new caster animations are all great. I don't think I've commented on mage, but it's made me fall in love with the class all over again.

Old 08-18-2017, 05:49 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Although it's almost certainly fake, it's absolutely amazing. It's the fake leak I'd choose if possible.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

It's too hard to take any 'leak' seriously when they all suddenly come out after the texture in the game files. Given the fact that there seems to be a 99% chance the expansion isn't getting announced next week the expansions smaller details are in all likelihood unknown to the vast majority of people in Blizzard.

Another new thing seems to be looking too into the blog post as having new customization options hidden in the images.....which are anything but new.

Last edited by Leviathon; 08-18-2017 at 10:32 PM..
Old 08-19-2017, 12:55 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

So, does anyone have a quick list of the names of the planets in the Invasion Points from 7.3? I'd update Wowpedia, and stuff my head with more pointless names.

EDIT: So I found the right patch notes that added the names. Are there are any rifts that were not renamed in 24651?

Last edited by Xarthat; 08-19-2017 at 02:24 AM..
Old 08-19-2017, 06:47 AM

Elune

So, I was wondering; the artifact appearances from those solo challenge scenarios or whatever that are being removed come the next expansion, will I realistically have time to get one considering the following:

1. I didn't buy Legion, meaning I'll have to start from scratch with the gearing and everything (shit, I don't even know where to start, to begin with), and:

2. I don't have much time to play, 2-3 hours a day, tops. Some days - not at all.

So will I be able to bring a main up to date and do the challenge scenario for the weapon appearance before it's removed? What about alts?

Last edited by Gortrash; 08-19-2017 at 06:50 AM..
Old 08-19-2017, 06:55 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gortrash View Post
So, I was wondering; the artifact appearances from those solo challenge scenarios or whatever that are being removed come the next expansion, will I realistically have time to get one considering the following:

1. I didn't buy Legion, meaning I'll have to start from scratch with the gearing and everything (shit, I don't even know where to start, to begin with), and:

2. I don't have much time to play, 2-3 hours a day, tops. Some days - not at all.

So will I be able to bring a main up to date and do the challenge scenario for the weapon appearance before it's removed? What about alts?
Probably. The gear you can acquire on Argus should be good enough, and you'll have plenty of time till the next expansion gets released.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:56 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:

Med'an is canon, him being a Guardian is non-canon.

Fake.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:04 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

Yes, I think. Next expansion is still at least one year away, come 7.3 it'll be easier to gear up. You'll have enough ilvl to make the challenges easier. Only possible problem is how many times the mage tower will be up once people leave Broken Shore behind to do Argus content.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 08-19-2017, 07:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecay View Post
Med'an is canon, him being a Guardian is non-canon.

Fake.
Actually, as of Chronicle Vol. 2, it really does not seem he is. I really wouldn't be surprised if they completely retconned him and introduced some material (not sure if a comic) that would rewrite his storyline.

In any case, that one "leak" is too much of a wish list to be true. Humans rebuilding their old kingdoms? Hah.

Last edited by Marthen; 08-19-2017 at 07:10 AM..
Old 08-19-2017, 07:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Yes, I think. Next expansion is still at least one year away, come 7.3 it'll be easier to gear up. You'll have enough ilvl to make the challenges easier. Only possible problem is how many times the mage tower will be up once people leave Broken Shore behind to do Argus content.
Elaborate on the mage tower thing, please. I've been out of the loop for a very long time so I don't know. Is it required/connected?
Old 08-19-2017, 07:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
In any case, that one "leak" is too much of a wish list to be true. Humans rebuilding their old kingdoms? Hah.
A perpetual favorite for both expansion concepts and "leaks", and for obvious reasons that we've all gone over a thousand times.
Also, a surefire way of way of telling that it's not going to happen, for equally obvious reasons that we've all gone over a thousand times.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:30 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Elaborate on the mage tower thing, please. I've been out of the loop for a very long time so I don't know. Is it required/connected?
You can only do the challenges while the mage tower is up. Players need to do Broken Shore content to (re)build it (and the other two buildings).

That said, there will be a Broken Shore emissary in 7.3, so it's unlikely that players won't continue doing BS quests and building the tower
Old 08-19-2017, 07:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
You can only do the challenges while the mage tower is up. Players need to do Broken Shore content to (re)build it (and the other two buildings).

That said, there will be a Broken Shore emissary in 7.3, so it's unlikely that players won't continue doing BS quests and building the tower
I see. Will catching up on alts in order to do more than one class's challenge be a problem?
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion