Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 AM

Eternal

What I'm curious about is how they will explain it for the player character changing into something else. Let's say Nightborne for example actually happens, how would that be explained in game?

One idea I had was that the player character dies to a threat, it can be the enemy in the next expac or really a variety of threats like something similar they did in some artifact quest chains to build up future threats. After the player dies the new subrace character comes in, takes their armor/weapons and promises to continue their legacy.

Or will it just be instant transformation and acting as if you were always that subrace the whole time?
Old 10-23-2017, 04:17 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
What I'm curious about is how they will explain it for the player character changing into something else. Let's say Nightborne for example actually happens, how would that be explained in game?

One idea I had was that the player character dies to a threat, it can be the enemy in the next expac or really a variety of threats like something similar they did in some artifact quest chains to build up future threats. After the player dies the new subrace character comes in, takes their armor/weapons and promises to continue their legacy.

Or will it just be instant transformation and acting as if you were always that subrace the whole time?
second option, you'll probably ( for a nightborne for example ) start in a phased suramar under Elisande reign, and see the alliance and horde arrive soon after the shield goes down, after that you decide to help azeroth and go into the world and then start leveling experience. For the Felborne DH, you could also be an Nightborne falling to the fel power, being teached by a random demon, and then joigning the Illidari after the event in Suramar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Nothing, this is Scrolls of Lore, every conversation on here slowly distills down to Sylvanas, Lorderon or Worgen. I'm pretty sure that theres a mathematical truth to this.

Last edited by engal; 10-23-2017 at 04:19 AM..
Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

maghar and blackrock (i almost wrote blackcock) and dark iron dwarves are not subraces.

I have been thinking about how we would be able to unlock these, a few logical conclusions revolve around rep gating, another around buy this for 5 bucks, but that is kind of not so plausible given well.... Races are free, and wow isnt f2p

Also the fact that blizzard wants (and Actually HAS figured out a way) to reward players with these things Proof: https://i.imgur.com/IK6ToYb.png wowhead discord

Given this wasnt fake:

the conclusion is quite logical

Unless Ornyx was just trolling to get into someones panties.

But i find that to be unlikely.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:05 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
Wrong perspective. Joining the Horde isn't always about fighting the Alliance, or at least it shouldn't be. Rather, it'd be more forming an alliance with the Blood Elves, to whose efforts of diplomacy they'd likely more readily respond to.
Yet, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria and, to a smaller extent, Legion has made me wary. It seems that "Horde Leader decides to steamroll the Alliance and the rest of the faction cheerfully goes along until it's time for the last patch" is kinda of a trope in WoW. And that's not to mention the Royal Apothecary Society and Wrathgate.

That's the thing with making a previously neutral race Horde. Somewhere down the line the story will "progress" to the point they'll be cheerfully backstabbing half the guys that got their back. Alliance is not half as bad because mostly it's reactive to whatever the current Warchief's nefarious plans are.

It's bad enough with the Blood Elves and the Draenei. If I had any way in WoW, even if we had to keep the two factions, these races shouldn't flag for PvP for each other.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:27 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Yet, Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria and, to a smaller extent, Legion has made me wary. It seems that "Horde Leader decides to steamroll the Alliance and the rest of the faction cheerfully goes along until it's time for the last patch" is kinda of a trope in WoW. And that's not to mention the Royal Apothecary Society and Wrathgate.

That's the thing with making a previously neutral race Horde. Somewhere down the line the story will "progress" to the point they'll be cheerfully backstabbing half the guys that got their back. Alliance is not half as bad because mostly it's reactive to whatever the current Warchief's nefarious plans are.

It's bad enough with the Blood Elves and the Draenei. If I had any way in WoW, even if we had to keep the two factions, these races shouldn't flag for PvP for each other.
Fine. As long as some moron doesn't snort the nostalgia dust and try to bring back the early games in an incompatible era, it's not about that kind of shit. Thrall's Horde has basically been destroyed by this point, and it's looking iffy as to whether or not the Devs have learned their lesson since they put Sylvanas on the throne.

But ideally, and I'm speaking in terms of how it'd be if the Devs weren't pants on head retarded, the Nightborne could join with the Blood Elves on the Horde without any expectation of having to backstab everyone.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:48 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Fine. As long as some moron doesn't snort the nostalgia dust and try to bring back the early games in an incompatible era, it's not about that kind of shit. Thrall's Horde has basically been destroyed by this point, and it's looking iffy as to whether or not the Devs have learned their lesson since they put Sylvanas on the throne.

But ideally, and I'm speaking in terms of how it'd be if the Devs weren't pants on head retarded, the Nightborne could join with the Blood Elves on the Horde without any expectation of having to backstab everyone.
If the Devs weren't, as you put it, "pants on head retarded", which means, if they didn't try to force the Faction business any more than they have to, there would be no Horde. Each nation would have their own treatises and alliances, maybe with mutually distrustful factions. I imagine some remnant Alliance might still exist between Stormwind, Ironforge and Gnomeregan, as some remnant Horde between Orgrimmar, the Shadowspear and, maybe, Thunderbluff. Factions like the Exodar, though, would be on good terms with both Night and Blood elves, who hate each other, and maybe with Thunderbluff and Stormwind, while keeping their distance from the orcs, trolls, dwarves and gnomes.

In such a scenario, yes, the Nightborne might enter an alliance with the Blood Elves. Indeed, it would make sense, given their similar trajectories and all. But only because such an alliance wouldn't demand them submit to a power-crazed undead or orc. To them, the "Horde" would be a non-entity.

Alas, such delicate balance of diplomacy doesn't fit the MMO mold, so...
Old 10-23-2017, 08:04 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Kalontas#2949

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Why do people want more races?

And more specifically why would you want to play as an arrakkoa or a naga.

Sub races > that stuff.
Because arakkoa and naga are superior to your ugly mammal butts. Oh, I'm sorry, that's what your faces look like.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Alas, such delicate balance of diplomacy doesn't fit the MMO mold, so...
I don't really see the problem with the existence of a Horde and Alliance, so much as I have an issue with all out war between them just because they're Horde or Alliance. The handling's just been pretty bad, and doesn't leave anyone satisfied.

The Alliance gets upset because the Horde beats them for awhile, and the Horde is upset because they know they've been beaten over the head with the villain bat and there's a 0% chance it'll end well for them.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:59 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarthat View Post
Because arakkoa and naga are superior to your ugly mammal butts. Oh, I'm sorry, that's what your faces look like.
Only people wanting those races are furries anyways.

.... Which might actually fit alot of people here.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:41 PM

Arch-Druid

A void elf:

(Not really, this is just a Tyrande skin in Heroes of the Storm, but I saw it in the B.net app avatars and just thought: "why not?")

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
A void elf:
(Not really, this is just a Tyrande skin in Heroes of the Storm, but I saw it in the B.net app avatars and just thought: "why not?")
Void Elves were just invented as an excuse to share a racial ability with Night Elves in the form of Shadowmeld. Pass it on.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:05 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Void Elves were just invented as an excuse to share a racial ability with Night Elves in the form of Shadowmeld. Pass it on.
That'd make sense actually.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:10 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I don't doubt it.
When I used to tinker how to make them a nelf subrace, making up an explanation to Shadowmeld was troublesome.

But I hope they are called "high elves" anyway in the end.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
But I hope they are called "high elves" anyway in the end.
Deep Elves, actually. Or Low Elves.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Deep Elves, actually. Or Low Elves.
If they are going to change the name, they should at least give them a cool name.

Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

The next expansion will feature an arcane storm and a conflict between mage factions.

They're also giving Alleria the same role Illidan had in his character story, with the Illidari.

Last edited by Krainz; 10-23-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Hey guys just popping back to tell you markie zuckerberg called and said the new race would be void naga
Old 10-23-2017, 08:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Nah we gotta go full edgelord. Fel void naga.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:12 PM

Banished

fel voidborn SAVAGE naga. beat that

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 10-23-2017 at 09:48 PM..
Old 10-23-2017, 10:04 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Default #savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
fel voidborn SAVAGE naga. beat that
They're from Draenor.

Hello, Porimlys.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:16 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
They're from Draenor.

Hello, Porimlys.
it's implied in the SAVAGE part nazja pls

----------------

For the sake of the helves fans, i hope the "void" in these void elves amounts to an alternate form during shadowmeld, because otherwise they'll be (even more) triggered. Because even like that I can already imagine the "OMG WE WERENT ASKING FOR VOID ELVES WE WANTED HIGH ELVES" cries.

Last edited by GenyaArikado; 10-23-2017 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-23-2017, 10:27 PM

I stand corrected, then.

I hope that these void elves have tattoos (or warpaint?) like Alleria and tha she is their racial leader just like Turalyon the Lightforged's..
Old 10-23-2017, 10:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
I stand corrected, then.

I hope that these void elves have tattoos (or warpaint?) like Alleria and tha she is their racial leader just like Turalyon the Lightforged's..
You want them to wear leather vests and have a motorcycle as their mount too?
Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
You want them to wear leather vests and have a motorcycle as their mount too?
Motorcycles are belong to the Horde.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Motorcycles are belong to the Horde.
Sounds like something to go to war over.
Closed Thread

Tags
world of warcraft, wow legion