Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 08:14 PM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Every leader but Tyrande.

Im accually starting to be serious about her being dead.
It would be pretty meh to kill the chosen one of Elune before resolving the plot of what the hell Elune is after all the hints in Legion. And I'm sure Elune can protect Tyrande like it has always happened. Even from her tree island being burned down.

About the Dark Iron, the Alliance have them since Cataclysm. Even the Thorium Brotherhood seemed to join the Alliance in WoD. They give nothing new to the faction.

Last edited by Whitrix; 11-04-2017 at 08:18 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

@Whitrix, that implies the devs care about the night elven story. They clearly do not - if it does not benefit or advance the Horde's interest either overtly or covertly, they don't really include it in the game.

Blizzard doesn't give the same quality of writing to the Alliance that they do the Horde. The same level of attention and detail and what have you. That much has been apparent to me since I started this....moronic crusade seven years ago.

JFC seven years I've wasted arguing on the internet about imaginary video game factions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:24 PM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Oh, and incidentally, it's not like the Zandalari ever had any sort of real falling out with the mogu or anything during their defeat on the IoT. So them joining the Horde is practically a promise that any future playable mogu will also be Horde, along with those fancy living statues they like so much.e.
The Zandalari in Throne of Thunder arn't the ones joining the horde. They abandoned King Rastakhan to follow their Seer / Doomsayer (forgot his name).
The zandalari still loyal to King Rastakhan will be joining the horde and they will be fightings these other trolls.

Edit: Subraces faction gain.
I really like the zandalar joining and that being a way to finally increase horde numbers more logically. I just disagree with Nightbourne and Highmountain. I think the argument someone gave how it's a bit fucked up for alliance players to see them now join the horde as well.
Maybe blizzard does it right and not have Nightbourne and Highmountain be part of the horde in a sense of war commitment but more like tradepartners and adventurers joining.

Last edited by taelon; 11-04-2017 at 08:29 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 08:25 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
He's been hanging around for over 10,000 years and nobody suspected anything?
I don't remember the excuse but yeah
Quote:
Also, how do we know this immortal Tauren is that one dragon?
He turns into a dragon right in front of us and the new chieftain in Legion questing.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:26 PM

Eternal

Lordaeron sure does have a weird placement of troops. Maybe Argentina declared their held territories neutral forcing both factions to go around them? Then again, no reason for either faction to just roflstomp them.

For people bitching about Suramar and Highmountain going Horde, remember that the Alliance gets to reclaim Gilneas and Stromgarde. If I recall in Legion, Dalaran is Alliance but allowed the Horde to stay.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:27 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Lordaeron sure does have a weird placement of troops. Maybe Argentina declared their held territories neutral forcing both factions to go around them? Then again, no reason for either faction to just roflstomp them.

For people bitching about Suramar and Highmountain going Horde, remember that the Alliance gets to reclaim Gilneas and Stromgarde. If I recall in Legion, Dalaran is Alliance but allowed the Horde to stay.
Gilneas: Abandoned and plague ravaged. Net loss.

Stromgarde: Abandoned with like, ten people left inside. Net loss.

Dalaran: Not Alliance, then.

Suramar and Highmountain: full populations, magic, dragons, you name it.

The favoritism is striking.
Quote:
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:30 PM

Eternal

I think these dark irons were get are the ones who stayed in Shadowforge and weren't yet under Moira's jurisdiction. Thus, the Alliance will get that whole new kingdom for themselves. Plus the Army of Light, who might not be huge in number but are very strong.

Anyway, what if Feathermoon Stronghold becomes the night elf capital? The Forsaken could get Stratholme, which is close to Quel'Thalas.

I also think there's a good chance that the Silver Hand joins the Alliance again, and the blood knights and Sunwalkers leave it.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
Gilneas: Abandoned and plague ravaged. Net loss.

Stromgarde: Abandoned with like, ten people left inside. Net loss.

Dalaran: Not Alliance, then.

Suramar and Highmountain: full populations, magic, dragons, you name it.

The favoritism is striking.
You yourself are biased. Gilneas wasn't ever abandoned, it had troops fighting all around, and Gilneas City had been reclaimed by the Alliance at one point (albeit the leader of that cohort was a black dragon).

Stromgarde has some holdouts outside of the capital city, with the League of Arathor. Stromgarde city itself had fallen to Galen Trollbane's undead.

Dalaran is indeed an Alliance member state.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
You yourself are biased. Gilneas wasn't ever abandoned, it had troops fighting all around, and Gilneas City had been reclaimed by the Alliance at one point (albeit the leader of that cohort was a black dragon).

Stromgarde has some holdouts outside of the capital city, with the League of Arathor. Stromgarde city itself had fallen to Galen Trollbane's undead.

Dalaran is indeed an Alliance member state.
Dalaran ain't no member state, boyo. If it allows the Horde it's neutral. Jaina was the last hope for an Alliance Dalaran but that's out the window now.
Quote:
Old 11-04-2017, 08:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I think these dark irons were get are the ones who stayed in Shadowforge and weren't yet under Moira's jurisdiction. Thus, the Alliance will get that whole new kingdom for themselves.
Aren't all non-Moira dark irons just twilight cultists?
Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Upright standing orcs confirmed for being on the way.

Upright. Orcs.

FINALLY.
OMG source please. This would make my DK look so much better.

Now I can start crusading for upright tauren.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
At the end of MoP Gilneas, Hillsbrad and Arathi Highland should have already been in controll of the alliance. So that really doesn't feel like a gain. Dalaran is as devisive as fuck as well.

The only gain their is the rebuild of Stromgarde. Which is a big thing. (It's a bit hard to see where the humans got the population/military to rebuild it especially after broken shore but horde suffers more from this.)

The horde also gained a stronger foothold in Arathi Highland. Which is extremely weird as their are no supply lines for them or anyway to get their.
Generally Arathis Highlands is 2/3th alliance and 1/3th Trolls with an outpost of the horde. In Loremaps I believe that their is a huge valley that opens the way from Arathi Highlands to the hinterlands which also made the Trollwars make more sense.
But gameplay wise Arathi Highlands is just a beauty for a faction war.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
It just goes to show the bias. Horde get actual sub races with large populations and unique models while Alliance gets reskinned shit.
How large a population are the Nightborne though, really? They were locked in to one (admittedly large) city for a very long time. They can't be that populous.

Also "unique models", I've read that the Zandalari trolls currently use NE animations, the Nightborne player models sure look more NE-ish to me, and aren't Highmountain tauren literally just Tauren models with some updates? That's sure unique right there.

We're both getting "reskinned shit" here, man.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelon View Post
The only gain their is the rebuild of Stromgarde. Which is a big thing. (It's a bit hard to see where the humans got the population/military to rebuild it especially after broken shore but horde suffers more from this.)
As far as population goes, if they're reclaiming Stromgarde, and Turalyon and Alleria are back, and Khadgar and Kudran are on Azeroth, then its about TIME that Danath Trollbane and the Sons of Lothar come home. I don't know how many of those soldiers from Honor Hold are from Stromgarde, but I bet they'll follow him to Stromgarde gladly.

Also, Tyrande is at that meeting of the Alliance leaders that ties in to the Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves unlock Quests. Apparently she's sitting down at a table or something.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
It just goes to show the bias. Horde get actual sub races with large populations and unique models while Alliance gets reskinned shit.

I wouldn't at this point be surprised if they don't fire/demote people who have Alliance mains given the blatant favoritism this "Faction War" bullshit shows. At least the Legion stuff had the faction shit on the back burner where it belonged. Instead, we get to drudge up the same old tired shit - the Horde gets to burn down a capital city and a zone, the Alliance "attacks but doesn't take" Lordaeron - so what's the point?

Also the amount of Horde players drooling about Sylvanas is hilarious. Once she starts pushing for lebensraum and going down the same path that Putress did("death to the living") It'll amuse me to watch the previously deeply natural and spiritualistic Horde suddenly be happy to haul around plague and genocide populations.
Do you ever get tired of whining your ass off? Like how do you do it. Do you ever just try to look for things that are cool?

I see the cinematic and my first thoughts as someone that like the Alliance are: Those Footman look awesome. Dwarves are awesome. Anduin's armor is really cool. Anduin's mass res is an awesome callback to the WC3 Paladin.

I see this expansion and I'm thinking, holy shit, Kul Tiras is amazing. The Alliance actually attacked the Forsaken and won! Stromgarde was rebuilt! Playable Dark Iron Dwarves is fantastic.

You don't have to live your life in perpetual misery.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:11 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Also the amount of Horde players drooling about Sylvanas is hilarious. Once she starts pushing for lebensraum and going down the same path that Putress did("death to the living") It'll amuse me to watch the previously deeply natural and spiritualistic Horde suddenly be happy to haul around plague and genocide populations.
People said she was going to do that in Legion because becoming Warchief was everything she needed to do whatever she wanted.

She didn't.

She even dislikes not being at the shadows anymore, actually.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:25 PM

Elune

Redshirtguy is reporting the following:

Also, at the end of MoP, the Alliance reclaimed Gilneas according to Varian.

The problem is that Gilneas is basically in the same shape as Southshore and is unlivable. The druids were trying to figure out how make the place inhabitable again.

So while the Alliance has Gilneas, it's still a plague hellhole.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:31 PM

Arch-Druid

What? Elaboration? Huh?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:33 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Redshirtguy is reporting the following:

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...22320761290752
...bwuh?

Also oh god this means the shippers aren't gonna shut up about him and Anduin.

Guess this does balance out Ebonhorn though huh?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

So Krakhed was right.

So there is a facility in Nazmir, where the Titans were doing experiments on Old gods. They were trying to solve the Old god problem; and you can imagine when you start experimenting on an Old god, really bad stuff has the potential to happen. What they ended up creating was something far worse; and this sorta new blood god — who you are going to see eventually (and this a huge amount of spoiler for you), but this facility only has one of the three seals remaining on it.

More at http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...battle-azeroth
Old 11-04-2017, 09:50 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Okay, I'll be going into much more detail in a blizzplanet article when I get home, but basic summary:

-There are new districts in SW and Org. Called Stormwind/Orgrimmar Embassy.
-SW embassy is on the farm behind the Cathedral district where Celestine of the Harvest used to be.
-Org embassy has replaced the goblin slums.
-Both are made entirely of garrison assets except for one new building in SW that looks like a cross between a farmhouse and a barracks (I think its for warfronts).
-The main building has a meeting of all faction leaders.
-Alliance leaders: Anduin, Turalyon, Alleria, Tyrande (yes she is there), Muradin, Mekkatorque, Genn, Velen, Aysa, and Wrathion (not present in the Org embassy)
-Horde leaders: Sylvanas, Baine, Liadrin, Rokhan, Lor'themar, Gallywix, Saurfang, Eitrigg, Nathanos, and Ji Firepaw.
-Baine, Nathanos, and Saurfang all have new models. Baine's is amazing, it looks just like the loading screen art.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 PM

Elune

I'm both amused and annoyed that the Night Elves get a district right away but oh no we can't have a Gilnean district in Stormwind, so here's you're fucking smoldering crater for years.

Though as it apparently uses Garrison stuff, it won't look out of place. Still though.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Elune

Did they move Celestine someplace else?

Kinda weird for them to completely shut out the Gilneans out of a capital city since they no longer even have their tree in Darnassus.

Also, any night elf assests in SW?

Lastly, what did they move the goblin area someplace else in Org?
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
I'm both amused and annoyed that the Night Elves get a district right away but oh no we can't have a Gilnean district in Stormwind, so here's you're fucking smoldering crater for years.

Though as it apparently uses Garrison stuff, it won't look out of place. Still though.
Not sure if its intended to be to a night elf district. There were no NPCs at all outside of the leaders in the main building, but the districts are much bigger than just that building so there are clearly meant to be NPCs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
Did they move Celestine someplace else?

Kinda weird for them to completely shut out the Gilneans out of a capital city since they no longer even have their tree in Darnassus.

Also, any night elf assests in SW?

Lastly, what did they move the goblin area someplace else in Org?
No new night elf assets, as I said there are no NPCs besides the faction leaders in the new district so I wouldn't count out her being there (her house is still there, but remade with garrison assets).

There's a sliver of the goblin slums left next to it (just the area where Boss Mida is) and the old NPCs are still there outside the main building (unlike in stormwind) not sure if it's intentional there like the mining trainer who is just swinging his pick axe into the air now.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 11-04-2017 at 10:02 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Does baines model use some the tauren animations and stuff?

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft