Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:35 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Like son, like father.

Garrosh slipped on Riko's banana peel, after all. Thrall will tell you another story, though.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:43 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Jesus Chilton let's just spoil the entire expansion while we're at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odok View Post
Jesus Chilton let's just spoil the entire expansion while we're at it.
in nagrand you will find a green axe on a ogre mob 20 minutes into the zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:20 AM

Keeper of the Grove

The swords wielded by the Stormshield Gladiators are pretty unfitting. Could probably have picked better weapons. I actually like the Stormshield tabard though.

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Those NPC's conversations are great!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

You'd think that with Dota's origins, Blizzard would be making more references to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
I spoke with Zarhym today on the beta servers. He did tell me that it was a "really tough" decision on Bladespire/Karabor, since he felt their message wasn't gotten across properly because the beta only had the early versions of the faction hubs ready at the time - but that they are listening and are getting pretty close to completing the hubs, with a few minor changes going to be added.

He told me that he's going to speak to Holinka and the other level people about diversifying the Stormshield guards from all human as well, as he agrees that is kinda plain.

Genuinely nice guy too.

Should have told them that they wasted an opportunity to have a middle-ground by not making the core hub buildings in Ashran draenei architecture and ogre architecture like Karabor and Bladespire, with secondary race characteristics like they do now. This instead of human and orc architecture with secondary race characteristics.

Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Faction war can be done well, but Blizzard has half assed it and it has predictably flopped as a result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
It's not that wierd, it's just a fancy name for regular fisting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Well when you put it that way the Alliance has had plenty of fist-pumping moments lately.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
I doubt it.
At this point I'm afraid that the leaks were talking of the Everbloom dungeon ending in Stormwind.

From what they've been letting out recently, it seems a SW raid is off the table, and everything that happens in WoD will STAY in WoD.

We'll probably get some fancy demon bosses in the Citadel raid, and that'll be that.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:19 AM

Elune

So, here's a thought.

If WoD is expected to only have two raid tiers could that mean we get the next expansion announced at BlizzCon '14?
Old 08-21-2014, 05:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
So, here's a thought.

If WoD is expected to only have two raid tiers could that mean we get the next expansion announced at BlizzCon '14?
I almost feel that's part of the reason they're even having one - that, and the Warcraft anniversary.

Or they might do a 180 and throw a Titan teaser out there too.

The Warcraft anniversary is surely the biggest reason to have it, but I don't think they'll miss the opportunity to give the mixed hype for WoD a shot in the arm.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:26 AM

Elune

Quote:
So, here's a thought.

Doubt it. The Warcraft section will be busy with the anniversary, while Starcraft and Diablo expansions are announced.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Doubt it. The Warcraft section will be busy with the anniversary, while Starcraft and Diablo expansions are announced.

Too soon. Way too soon, they're going to focus majorly on 2.1 changes and plans for the future.

Starcraft definitely, it's high time.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
I almost feel that's part of the reason they're even having one - that, and the Warcraft anniversary.

Or they might do a 180 and throw a Titan teaser out there too.

The Warcraft anniversary is surely the biggest reason to have it, but I don't think they'll miss the opportunity to give the mixed hype for WoD a shot in the arm.
I have the gut feeling they've got to announce something for WoW. I don't think "Wow guys, thanks for ten awesome years! We've got the greatest fans!" can hold an entire convention without something big Warcraft related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Implying anybody goes to BlizzCon for SC and Diablo.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
I have the gut feeling they've got to announce something for WoW. I don't think "Wow guys, thanks for ten awesome years! We've got the greatest fans!" can hold an entire convention without something big Warcraft related.
Maybe some big Warcraft movie news.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klungo View Post
Maybe some big Warcraft movie news.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, definitely a trailer.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 AM

Elune

Ugh yeah..that movie...
Nvm, that's definitely why, Anniversary + Movie + SC2 expansion announcement.

Even if they manage the next expansion in 15 months, it would be way too soon for anything.

And Titan seems to have gone back to the drawing board last year, so it's pretty early for anything on it.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:24 AM

Eternal

That would be very weird. Announcing a expansion when the one before it hasn't even come out yet would probably be a huge spoiler and questionable marketing wise.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
That would be very weird. Announcing a expansion when the one before it hasn't even come out yet would probably be a huge spoiler and questionable marketing wise.
Blizzard wants to get in on the "1 new game a year" cycle like every other shitty developer is doing.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:36 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Blizzard wants to get in on the "1 new game a year" cycle like every other shitty developer is doing.
Or Activision is forcing them to do it.

What a fitting background.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:41 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
There are a number of legitimate reasons to be upset with Blizzard regarding Warlords of Draenor. Stick to those.

But don't make up BS like that to justify your feelings about them. Blizzard has never proven to be a company who is only in it for the money, no matter how you try to spin it.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:48 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutinz View Post
Exactly. But if it would be weird or not isn't the question.
The question is "Can you imagine Blizzard doing it?" - and I have to say for myself: I could see Blizzard do it.

They are masters of the hype train.

By then the Beta will be over and we've been datamining and spoiling everything there is in 6.0 anyway.
If there really will be only 1-2 smaller Patches like 5.1 and 5.3 and 1 additional raid-tier-patch like 5.2 and 5.4 in WoD, we'll know most of the story anyway.
And who says they need to have more than one panel for the post-WoD expansion if it's still in an early state?
They could again name it "The future of Warcraft" or whatever, talk a bit about WoD and the directions it could go, gameplay and storywise, than talk about post-WoD. Maybe how they want to evolve garrisons, what they learned from it, etc. blabla.

And then a small teaser image/gif/short film.

Imagine they would show for example... a more detailed, sligthly larger, more defined model of two ships. One evolved from the MoP Alliance ship, one from the Cata/MoP-Horde-Ship.
And they would give NO comment about it.
The fans and speculations would go wild.
South Seas expansion with everything between the two continents and Naga?
Or the Oceans east of the Eastern Kingdoms, west of Kalimdor i.e. the other side of Azeroth?
Oceans of Draenor and the Ogre Continent?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:49 AM

Elune

Well all companies are in it for the money, but I'd say the reason for Blizzard's success is that they legitimately have some artistic integrity and standards. Similar to the reputation Bioware used to hold, and a few other companies.

They clearly served as hubs for a lot of very talented and creative minds, and they gave them the time and leeway they needed.

However:

Times change.

Blizzard still sports a lot of talent and potential, but I think the management structure has become toxic and static over the past 6--8 years, and the massive success has not helped them in keeping their structure flexible and adaptive.

It's not without reason we get so many reports by former employees of massive nepotism, incompetence in management, and simply shoddy leadership.

It's fairly typical of successful companies that grow rather quickly, but it's especially sad with beloved gaming companies, because gamers have a hard time accepting that these companies aren't in fact non-profit or just in it for the love of it.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Who's the 3rd Orc on Gul'Dan and the Stranger? Durotan, or Terron'gor? That weapon looks like a staff to me.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:56 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Fenris Wolfbrother, I think.

"...For my holy wrath will know no bounds..."

Old 08-21-2014, 07:03 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
Well all companies are in it for the money, but I'd say the reason for Blizzard's success is that they legitimately have some artistic integrity and standards. Similar to the reputation Bioware used to hold, and a few other companies.

They clearly served as hubs for a lot of very talented and creative minds, and they gave them the time and leeway they needed.

However:

Times change.

Blizzard still sports a lot of talent and potential, but I think the management structure has become toxic and static over the past 6--8 years, and the massive success has not helped them in keeping their structure flexible and adaptive.

It's not without reason we get so many reports by former employees of massive nepotism, incompetence in management, and simply shoddy leadership.

It's fairly typical of successful companies that grow rather quickly, but it's especially sad with beloved gaming companies, because gamers have a hard time accepting that these companies aren't in fact non-profit or just in it for the love of it.
Those are fair points and you're right, it happens a lot with these sorts of companies.

But to say it about Blizzard? Because they've been working at a slug's pace with their content lately? Nah.

They want this game out just as much as anyone else does. But unlike so many would love to think, I'm sure they're working their asses off to get it done. And not just so they can make some money, but because they want to make their fans happy.

I know most people on this forum are really into the story and the lore. And yeah, Blizzard is pretty bad at it. It's true and it's unfortunate in many circumstances when a lot of things don't make sense within the game. But that doesn't make them a bunch of greedy assholes who see their player base only as dollar signs.

Call me a fanboy or whatever you want, but I've never been disappointed with WoW. The content is always fun and engaging. The developers don't just shovel shit onto a pile and call it content for the sake of putting money in their pockets. It's just that the problems come about when there isn't enough of that content.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft