Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 AM

Elune
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlie View Post
Those are fair points and you're right, it happens a lot with these sorts of companies.

But to say it about Blizzard? Because they've been working at a slug's pace with their content lately? Nah.

They want this game out just as much as anyone else does. But unlike so many would love to think, I'm sure they're working their asses off to get it done. And not just so they can make some money, but because they want to make their fans happy.

I know most people on this forum are really into the story and the lore. And yeah, Blizzard is pretty bad at it. It's true and it's unfortunate in many circumstances when a lot of things don't make sense within the game. But that doesn't make them a bunch of greedy assholes who see their player base only as dollar signs.

Call me a fanboy or whatever you want, but I've never been disappointed with WoW. The content is always fun and engaging. The developers don't just shovel shit onto a pile and call it content for the sake of putting money in their pockets. It's just that the problems come about when there isn't enough of that content.
Oh, I'm certainly not claiming they're not working their asses off or that they don't still have the passion and drive for it. They clearly do.

I'm saying their structure and some of the good ol' boys in the company's structure are actively damaging their creative development process.

Personally i've not been "disappointed" with WoW so far either - I will play WoD, and i'm sure i'll enjoy it. But in a lot of aspects, their recent products in terms of WoW have been a far cry from what they should have been, and the more they made their development process transparent, the more it seemed that the issue was on the executive decision-making side, and not the actual creative side.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:22 AM

Priestess of the Moon
BattleTag: Frostbane#1378

I was looking at the "Story of Warcraft" page and, you know, I feel like they should have a Siege of Orgrimmar section by now. Preferably with wallpaper of that cool artwork with Garrosh fighting in the city.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Elune

Harrison Jones in Warspear has been replaced with Belloc, finally. I'd prefer Brann to Jones but meh I guess you can't have everything.

Stormshield's PvP Keep has a number of human NPCs with Gilnean accents/voiced but no Worgen thus far.

It looks like the Horde capital has had some more decorations put in. Not a whole lot, but the Tauren and Blood Elf districts certainly look less sparse.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 AM

Elune

I found it interesting that they said that we aren't going to visit the orge island in this expansion, but may visit it in a future expansion.

So does that mean that AU-draenor is sticking around long term... or we get connected to another AU-draenor?
Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
I found it interesting that they said that we aren't going to visit the orge island in this expansion, but may visit it in a future expansion.

So does that mean that AU-draenor is sticking around long term... or we get connected to another AU-draenor?
Blizzard have un used/forgotten islands in this game... why I never.

Cough
Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:

They've pretty much said that AU Draenor is sticking around for the long term. That's why they've put so much work into it. It's only a fan theory or hope/despair that it was going away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:32 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Blizzard have un used/forgotten islands in this game... why I never.

Cough
All those islands... Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Tel'Abim...

Of everything in the Warcraft universe, I've been dying to see those the most.

Really wish Blizzard would do a sea expansion next!

Last edited by Klungo; 08-21-2014 at 08:36 AM..
Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klungo View Post
All those islands... Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Tel'Abim...

Of everything in the Warcraft universe, I've been dying to see those the most.

Really wish Blizzard would do a sea expansion next!
How about we go back in time to see the ancestors of the orcs instead? It'll be just like the last two expansions but with more orcs and no draenei because they didn't crash yet. We'll call it... Forebears of Draenor.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
They've pretty much said that AU Draenor is sticking around for the long term. That's why they've put so much work into it. It's only a fan theory or hope/despair that it was going away.
So then we are going to have to kill a lot of AU or MU versions in order to make sure that they don't meet up lol
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtheria View Post
How about we go back in time to see the ancestors of the orcs instead? It'll be just like the last two expansions but with more orcs and no draenei because they didn't crash yet. We'll call it... Forebears of Draenor.
I'm all for more orcs.

But we can't call it that: Draenor is a draenei name!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:58 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klungo View Post
I'm all for more orcs.

But we can't call it that: Draenor is a draenei name!
World of Warcraft: Orclords of Orcnor.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:09 AM

Elune

Orc Icon (War3)

World of Orcraft: Orclords of Orcishland of Orcs
Old 08-21-2014, 09:31 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Really, I just want an Old Kalimdor expansion (done via naga use of Neptulon's trident to raise it from the ocean) with a naga invasion event (introducing naga with legs prepared to destroy the land-dwellers) and end boss N'Zoth.

I just keep thinking "man, imagine if they mixed the Emerald Dream ideas with the concept of the Emerald Nightmare and lost areas of Kalimdor. You could get a lot more mileage out of it instead of wasting it on a raid".

Actually, I also want and Argus expansion with a decisive Kil'jaeden raid at the end. I figure, if you based each zone on a type of demon, you'd end up with an amazing expansion.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 AM

Eternal

Man it's good to be an orc this expansion. Or every expansion. It's just good to be an orc player in general.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusha View Post
Man it's good to be an orc this expansion. Or every expansion. It's just good to be an orc player in general.
Not if you don't like the racist, genocidal, unsympathetic, chronic stupid evil villain bat.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being serious.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellick View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious.
Warcraft games are perfect for orc fans.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:38 AM

Eternal

I'd rather take slivers of lore that can be worked with to formulate RP and backstories than no lore like every single other race in WoW that's not human.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:41 AM

Elune

im a human warrior. only thing that goes wrong for me is the gear dependency cycle of the expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
So then we are going to have to kill a lot of AU or MU versions in order to make sure that they don't meet up lol
Or they'll forget about half of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:57 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Or they'll forget about half of them.
Maybe, we seem to be killing off a bunch of the MU/AU versions already so when their living MU/AU counterpart comes up, we know which version they are...

But this will still be my own thorn and why I have to end up just ignoring the story all together or go crazy trying to figure out who is who.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 AM

Eternal

Quote:
*Orc player bro-fist*
Old 08-21-2014, 10:41 AM

Elune

As a Draenei player, Warlords is pretty good to me as well, even if some of the changes to lore and decisions in storytelling I find objectionable. For every one of those, thankfully, there are great new additions and the fleshing out of previous lore such as the Rangari, Artificers, and beyond.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:50 AM

Elune

WoD made me make an orc RP character. I've never done that before because orcs are just so boring to me. But the Shadowmoon are incredible.

I also made a Rangari draenei.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:51 AM

Eternal

By the way, when are we getting the next episode of Lords of War? The one that'll feature Grommash, if I'm not mistaken.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft