Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14176  
Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Westlee Westlee is offline
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,085

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
so now we`ve seen the short story and all that. how did garrosh get his gorehowl in nagrand/
Karazhan.
  #14177  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Klungo Klungo is offline

Glaive Thrower
Klungo's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
so now we`ve seen the short story and all that. how did garrosh get his gorehowl in nagrand/
I don't think it's explained in the story.

But I believe the only explanation is that the one Garrosh uses is Grom's.

I'm sure Garrosh didn't have it when he arrived in Draenor, he didn't have his own during the cinematic, and he already killed Kairoz, so there's really no one with the power to retrieve his old one from Azeroth.

And considering we won't be seeing Grom or Garrosh fight at the same time (with Garrosh dying in Nagrand and Grom being a raid boss for later in the expansion), it's possible for both of them to use the same one at different times.

Last edited by Klungo; 08-22-2014 at 02:10 AM..
  #14178  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:11 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
It makes him kinda Kokiri-like I think.
*remembers Kokiri forest tune*

God no..NOOO. What have you DONE.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
  #14179  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
It makes him kinda Kokiri-like I think.
I have no idea how that looks.

To me it looks like the exact same run animation as male human, but I actually don't have much of a problem with that.
  #14180  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:32 AM
Aldrius Aldrius is offline

Site Staff - Moderator
Aldrius's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I have no idea how that looks.
Spritely, more youthful.
__________________
"The Demons did their job well. You creatures are as reckless and bloodthirsty as they ever were."
  #14181  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default



NOOOOOOOO. MAKE IT STOP.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
  #14182  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:36 AM
Yakitori Yakitori is offline

Arch-Druid
Yakitori's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,074

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I have no idea how that looks.
Like Young Link in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Obligatory "go play them if you haven't" comment.
__________________
Disgruntled Forsaken Stable Master
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee."
  #14183  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:37 AM
neoshadow neoshadow is offline

Elune
neoshadow's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,395

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post


NOOOOOOOO. MAKE IT STOP.
if malfurion went full deku tree, I wouldn't mind it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Neocat's got it all figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
  #14184  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I haven't been to Orgrimmar in a while so I don't know if this is new but Overlord Runthak is finally gone (RIP) and has been replaced by Overlord Natoj.
By "in 'dis togetha", does he mean the rock he's stuck in?
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
  #14185  
Old 08-22-2014, 02:58 AM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
"When the past and present collide, the fate of all worlds hangs in the balance."
—The Prophet Velen
So when did Velen say this?
  #14186  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Yakitori Yakitori is offline

Arch-Druid
Yakitori's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,074

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
That's a hoof
Someone fed him some Noggenfogger, huh?
__________________
Disgruntled Forsaken Stable Master
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee."
  #14187  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:07 AM
Last of the Thunderlords Last of the Thunderlords is offline

Sentinel Queen
Last of the Thunderlords's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 831
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
So when did Velen say this?
As far as I know he never says it in-game but the quote is attributed to him in the introductory trailer for this expansion.
__________________
I fight for the Greater Good.
  #14188  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:17 AM
Jiggler Jiggler is offline

Sentinel Queen
Jiggler's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vienna, AUT
Posts: 915
BattleTag: Jaggler#2762

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
Someone fed him some Noggenfogger, huh?
It's just the giant Flaskataur.
__________________
"Rise like a Phoenix. Out of the ashes, seeking rather than vengeance, retribution"
  #14189  
Old 08-22-2014, 03:20 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Jiggler, your avatar is adorable and makes me hungry at the same time. Then it makes me feel guilty for the idea of brutally tearing into a screaming cartoon sandwich.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
  #14190  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 AM
Yakitori Yakitori is offline

Arch-Druid
Yakitori's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,074

Default

So...

*drags a crate of glue in, grabs a stick, and whacks it a few times*

I'm still not wholly getting the outrage about flying not being immediately implemented for max level WoD. Like, if you want to argue that it makes doing things like dailies or farming faster, then sure. I can't really argue that. But saying it's this super fun, amazing thing that makes the entire game for you? I just don't get that. It's not like I never sat back and admired the view from my flying mounts (well... okay, the view up to the draw distance, go toaster!), but for the most part, it was just a fast way to get around and do things. I didn't really notice a difference out on Tol Barad, and I spent a few weeks there just farming for the fox kit pet and picking herbs. I mean... I guess I can see some appeal, but at the same time, this doesn't feel like it should be such a big damn deal.

And yet it's apparently going to be the thing (or one of the major things) that kills World of WarCraft. Which just seems to weird to me.

That and people saying the new models don't count as content for the expansion, so we're getting screwed. I wonder if that applies to the Cata revamp and new class/race combos, and pandas being playable without having MoP.

...and then, when these people do get a blue's attention and things look calm and rational, it turns into the usual hostile "The devs are incompetent and don't know what they're doing! Anyone who even remotely disagrees are brown nosing fanboys! WHY WON'T THEY TALK TO US ON THE FORUMS ANYMORE!?" bullshit threads. From people who have been threatening to quit since motherfucking Cataclysm.

*puts the stick down*

Sorry, just wanted to ve- hang on.

*picks the stick back up, whacks the damaged carton some more*

Rabble rabble rabble models rabble!

*puts the stick down*

...so WoD looks like it might be fun. I'll have to pick it up eventually, right after I upgrade my toaster a bit.
__________________
Disgruntled Forsaken Stable Master
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... That is coffee."
  #14191  
Old 08-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
So...

I'm still not wholly getting the outrage about flying not being immediately implemented for max level WoD.


Quote:
Flight at Max Level and Price Reduction - Untergrenze der Verhandlungsbasis
No Flight, No Deal.
btw - haven't you heard? Looks like No Flight at all now.




Quote:
I wonder if that applies to the Cata revamp and new class/race combos, and pandas being playable without having MoP.
Yes.

Quote:
"The devs are incompetent
They are.

Quote:
don't know what they're doing!
They don't.

Quote:
Anyone who even remotely disagrees are brown nosing fanboys!
They.... may or may not be, depends on the topic.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 08-22-2014 at 04:55 AM..
  #14192  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Last of the Thunderlords Last of the Thunderlords is offline

Sentinel Queen
Last of the Thunderlords's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 831
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Post

I wonder what will happen once the next expansion comes out regarding garrisons. Will they get a counterpart in the new zones, or become another graveyard feature nobody uses?
__________________
I fight for the Greater Good.
  #14193  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Quirnheim Quirnheim is offline

Eternal
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Niagara Region, Canada
Posts: 4,850
BattleTag: kam#1475

Default

lol

"We da horde. Tauren, orc, troll and all the rest"

can't even be bothered to say the others names
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Fuck your dumb gamergate shit I'd rather be pegged by Sylvanas than read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
  #14194  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:31 AM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
I haven't been to Orgrimmar in a while so I don't know if this is new but Overlord Runthak is finally gone (RIP) and has been replaced by Overlord Natoj.
I was hoping for Saurfang.

I guess Trollgrimmar is now the thing.
  #14195  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:32 AM
Grunn Grunn is offline

Arch-Druid
Grunn's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,528

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
So...

*drags a crate of glue in, grabs a stick, and whacks it a few times*

I'm still not wholly getting the outrage about flying not being immediately implemented for max level WoD. Like, if you want to argue that it makes doing things like dailies or farming faster, then sure. I can't really argue that. But saying it's this super fun, amazing thing that makes the entire game for you? I just don't get that. It's not like I never sat back and admired the view from my flying mounts (well... okay, the view up to the draw distance, go toaster!), but for the most part, it was just a fast way to get around and do things. I didn't really notice a difference out on Tol Barad, and I spent a few weeks there just farming for the fox kit pet and picking herbs. I mean... I guess I can see some appeal, but at the same time, this doesn't feel like it should be such a big damn deal.

And yet it's apparently going to be the thing (or one of the major things) that kills World of WarCraft. Which just seems to weird to me.

That and people saying the new models don't count as content for the expansion, so we're getting screwed. I wonder if that applies to the Cata revamp and new class/race combos, and pandas being playable without having MoP.

...and then, when these people do get a blue's attention and things look calm and rational, it turns into the usual hostile "The devs are incompetent and don't know what they're doing! Anyone who even remotely disagrees are brown nosing fanboys! WHY WON'T THEY TALK TO US ON THE FORUMS ANYMORE!?" bullshit threads. From people who have been threatening to quit since motherfucking Cataclysm.

*puts the stick down*

Sorry, just wanted to ve- hang on.

*picks the stick back up, whacks the damaged carton some more*

Rabble rabble rabble models rabble!

*puts the stick down*

...so WoD looks like it might be fun. I'll have to pick it up eventually, right after I upgrade my toaster a bit.

People on the internet are angry and irrational, who knew?

I'm totally with you btw, flying is a minor convenience at the expense of gameplay, and until they add a compelling reason for flying to exist (like a proper physics engine or mounted combat) to reduce the problem of "helicopter questing" I'm of the view that its probably for the best to just get rid of it.

I wouldn't take what's said about it on the internet seriously anyway wow forums are always a place for the angry irrational drama queens who play the game (or don't play the game anymore but cant let it go as is increasingly the case) to bitch and complain about everything.
I have never seen any indication that they are any sort of accurate sample of what the wow fanbase actually thinks on an issue by issue basis.

To use the biggest forums rages from this coming expansion as an example:
No flying mounts, seen a couple of guys in trade complain about it, everyone in my guild either doesn't care or thinks its a good move.
Ashran, I have never seen anyone in the actual game complain about this, these bases and the associated complaints (too much human, etc) seem to be a complete non-issue to anyone I talk to in game.

Forums are whine and pet issues, given weight but the echo chamber and I find its best to ignore the opinions on them.
What I really cant stand is the self-importance generally attached to these opinions, its especially noticeable on mmo champ, the general attitude that the forums are here to approve design choices or art and (that dreadful word) to give feedback to the design team.

The dreadful idea that forums are for "feedback" seems to have filtered through them completely, that rather than being places to talk about the game they are places to lobby the development team.
  #14196  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Ujimasa Hojo Ujimasa Hojo is offline

Eternal
Ujimasa Hojo's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,216

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
lol

"We da horde. Tauren, orc, troll and all the rest"

can't even be bothered to say the others names
Funny thing is, "the rest" can beat the crap out of the Tauren, Trolls, and Orcs combined.
__________________




Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
  #14197  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:22 AM
miffy23 miffy23 is offline

Elune
miffy23's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 10,097
BattleTag: miffy#1110

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post




btw - haven't you heard? Looks like No Flight at all now.





Yes.


They are.


They don't.


They.... may or may not be, depends on the topic.
He knows this all better because Space Engineers.

Seriously though, saying they're incompetent is a bit silly. Management/direction may be incompetent, the creative side - nah, they're fine.
__________________
El. Psy. Congroo.
  #14198  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:46 AM
Commander Rotal Commander Rotal is offline

Sha of Disappointment
Commander Rotal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,095

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
He knows this all better because Space Engineers.
You're just jelly that your gryphon doesn't have Warp Nacelles.

Quote:
Seriously though, saying they're incompetent is a bit silly. Management/direction may be incompetent, the creative side - nah, they're fine
Yeah because the side quest ripping off JJ Trek on a rehashed Outand with rehashed enemies is such a convincing argument for stretching the creative muscles. Just about the only part about WoD that isn't old is the featurelist, and that's only because they cut half the gameplay.
  #14199  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Thunderbraid Thunderbraid is offline

Drunk Assassin
Thunderbraid's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,153

Default

I love Yrel's voice.
  #14200  
Old 08-22-2014, 07:45 AM
Last of the Thunderlords Last of the Thunderlords is offline

Sentinel Queen
Last of the Thunderlords's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 831
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Funny thing is, "the rest" can beat the crap out of the Tauren, Trolls, and Orcs combined.
Amen, brother! Preach it!

Anyway, since I seem to be talking to myself on this thread, let me go ahead and say that if Blizzard are going to put style before substance, let me say that we played games with low-key graphics for gameplay and sometimes story before hi-def graphics were an issue, and that I don't understand the ever-increasing demand for things to get more and more realistic.
__________________
I fight for the Greater Good.
Closed Thread

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.