Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Mountain Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Amen, brother! Preach it!

Anyway, since I seem to be talking to myself on this thread, let me go ahead and say that if Blizzard are going to put style before substance, let me say that we played games with low-key graphics for gameplay and sometimes story before hi-def graphics were an issue, and that I don't understand the ever-increasing demand for things to get more and more realistic.
I don't see any evidence to suggest that Blizzard is putting "style before substance". There is plenty substance to Warlords and failing to realize that is plain ignorance, which people in this very thread are guilty of. Although some people enjoy it more than others.

You also seem to underestimate how game-changing it actually is to have these new models and the increasing quality of all the in-game graphics. It really is something magnificent. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting the game to look and feel like a fresh new experience worthy of the year 2014.

Last edited by Barlie; 08-22-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

The cinematics aren't in yet right
righ
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Odok#1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakitori View Post
So...

*drags a crate of glue in, grabs a stick, and whacks it a few times*

I'm still not wholly getting the outrage about flying not being immediately implemented for max level WoD. Like, if you want to argue that it makes doing things like dailies or farming faster, then sure. I can't really argue that. But saying it's this super fun, amazing thing that makes the entire game for you? I just don't get that. It's not like I never sat back and admired the view from my flying mounts (well... okay, the view up to the draw distance, go toaster!), but for the most part, it was just a fast way to get around and do things. I didn't really notice a difference out on Tol Barad, and I spent a few weeks there just farming for the fox kit pet and picking herbs. I mean... I guess I can see some appeal, but at the same time, this doesn't feel like it should be such a big damn deal.

And yet it's apparently going to be the thing (or one of the major things) that kills World of WarCraft. Which just seems to weird to me.

That and people saying the new models don't count as content for the expansion, so we're getting screwed. I wonder if that applies to the Cata revamp and new class/race combos, and pandas being playable without having MoP.

...and then, when these people do get a blue's attention and things look calm and rational, it turns into the usual hostile "The devs are incompetent and don't know what they're doing! Anyone who even remotely disagrees are brown nosing fanboys! WHY WON'T THEY TALK TO US ON THE FORUMS ANYMORE!?" bullshit threads. From people who have been threatening to quit since motherfucking Cataclysm.

*puts the stick down*

Sorry, just wanted to ve- hang on.

*picks the stick back up, whacks the damaged carton some more*

Rabble rabble rabble models rabble!

*puts the stick down*

...so WoD looks like it might be fun. I'll have to pick it up eventually, right after I upgrade my toaster a bit.
I think no flying is very healthy for the game. It is, ultimately, increased convenience as a reward for work put into the game. Giving that convenience without earning it makes everything feel cheapened. Plus I think level design is wasting in flyable zones. Icecrown didn't feel intimidating at all because of it.

I do hope they enable flying eventually though, for non-current content. It really does cut down on tedium. I like the notion of building an Aviary in your Garrison and getting it to level 3 to unlock flying (as in you have to keep a level 3 aviary in your garrison to have access to flying).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
I wonder what will happen once the next expansion comes out regarding garrisons. Will they get a counterpart in the new zones, or become another graveyard feature nobody uses?
They've mused a few times that it's unlikely garrisons exactly as they are will be carried forward, but the system itself most likely will in new iterations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtide View Post
For playing a fantasy game, some of you have a really withered imagination.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Some po int in The legendary questline guldan shows upp att grommashs place and puls The "your foundries are gone drink" grom basically says no and Then tells guldan to get out guldan laughs. Also drekthar vo is just hilarious
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Eternal

I thought Micky was supposed to write a short story. Hellscream was by Robert Brooks.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:12 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

All the warlocks seem to have been replaced in the Cleft of Shadows with new ones (like Neeru Fireblade being replaced with Arnak Fireblade), as well as Grant Thathung in the Valley of Strength (now there's Grunt Arhung). Ureda is still a mage trainer, so maybe she ended up siding with the rebels after all?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post

All the warlocks seem to have been replaced in the Cleft of Shadows with new ones (like Neeru Fireblade being replaced with Arnak Fireblade), as well as Grant Thathung in the Valley of Strength (now there's Grunt Arhung). Ureda is still a mage trainer, so maybe she ended up siding with the rebels after all?
Ureda is weird in that there was two of her. I'm thinking they originally intended her to be a boss but then abandoned it.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:16 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: kam#1475

heh, nice to see vol'jin's horde isn't on the persecute warlocks bandwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
Just remember, the Alliance is only ever allowed to passively defend itself against the Horde, and Taurajo was Azeroth's equivalent of the Holocaust.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
The almost identical names annoy me, it's like they put on those joke glasses with mustaches attached to them.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirnheim View Post
heh, nice to see vol'jin's horde isn't on the persecute warlocks bandwagon
I always figured the Darkspear's (well, Trolls in general, really) perception of Warlockery was rather different than most, given their own penchant towards the art of voodoo (and the Zandalari tradition of Demoniacs).
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
The almost identical names annoy me.
I agree but Grunt Thathung becoming Grunt Arhung is pretty much perfect.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

It'd have been kinda neat had they made the Cleft of Shadow the Cleft of Voodoo. Pretty sure that's my opinion and mine alone.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:27 AM

Eternal

Question, did they actually change the physical appearance of the replacement NPCs or just renamed them?

The new shaman trainers that replaced the Dark Shaman bosses got new names, appearances, and armor, for example.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

They should be using some of the countless forgotten NPCs they have introduced over the years instead of just going "Bob cheesebutt is now Obb Buttcheese"
Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 AM

So, checked out the current build myself.

Dunno how long it's been like this, but the orc grunts in orgrimmar and footmen in stormwind use now the updated armor.

Also, the helmets some of the Grunts at Warspear wear have been recolored to fit better to the shoulderpads.
Attached Images

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.

Last edited by handclaw; 08-22-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 08-22-2014, 10:58 AM

Eternal

Is that helmet also part of the new grunt armour set?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:59 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League

Love it.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
Is that helmet also part of the new grunt armour set?
Nope. It's a (npc only?) helmet from WotLK and a few grunts at Warspear used it, though, with a yellow helmet texture (as that was the only one which existed). A recent build added a new texture which fits better the color scheme of the grunt set.

So far it isn't aviable at the armory.

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM

Glaive Thrower

Jesse Cox posted his lore interview with Christie Golden and Micky Neilson.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't give a summary but I'm sure you guys are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_UjqwCOYs
Old 08-22-2014, 11:32 AM

Hon hon hon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
I love Yrel's voice.
I really hope that we will see more of her, even after WoD. I look how she say Felen, by the way !
Old 08-22-2014, 11:38 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klungo View Post
Jesse Cox posted his lore interview with Christie Golden and Micky Neilson.

I haven't watched it yet so I can't give a summary but I'm sure you guys are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI_UjqwCOYs
The only thing I didn't like was Christie comparing AU Draenor with Blackmoore's Azeroth.

In TotA, Blackmoore's Azeroth was as unstable that Thrall realizing present is important literally evaporated that timeline.

I don't see how that is comparable to AU Draenor (unless Garrosh arrival is just the beginning for it to start exploding).

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 08-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Elune

So cool thing, the second spell caused by multistrike comes out of your right hand in the nelf casting (normal spells come out of the left).

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

They need to add some gutteralness to Drek'thars voice. Feels like I'm being talked to by a Tyrael not an orc.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
They need to add some gutteralness to Drek'thars voice. Feels like I'm being talked to by a Tyrael not an orc.
Where's the Drek'thar clip?

Tags
warlocks of draenor, world of warcraft