Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Fan Works

Old 12-09-2016, 10:38 PM

Banished

Hey, I'm new here but have been into WC for over a decade. I found this spin and I dig it. But I have some questions.

First one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
I'm now imagining giant-sized apples.

On the other hand, the population decreased drastically, so there was much less demand for food.
Question. What is Quel'thalas status after Arthas' invasion ends? Is it totally Zombieville, an empty ruin like in one of the RPG books, or is it like how it is in WoW (banged up big time but still working as a country).

Secondly, when you get to WC3 are you including elements from Wrath of the Lich King and Rise of the Lich King (like Arthas' sidekicks who filled in for the Human's Campaign's Captain or Invincible) for the Arthas focused bits?

Last edited by Saygin; 12-10-2016 at 01:42 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 01:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saygin View Post
Hey, I'm new here but have been into WC for over a decade. I found this spin and I dig it. But I have some questions.

First one:

Question. What is Quel'thalas status after Arthas' invasion ends? Is it totally Zombieville or is it like how it is in WoW (banged up big time but still functional).

Secondly, when you get to WC3 are you including elements from Wrath of the Lich King and Rise of the Lich King (like Arthas' sidekicks who filled in for the Human's Campaign's Captain or Invincible) the Arthas focused bits?
Hello there! Glad you enjoy it. As for your questions;

1) Not exactly a zombieland, as most of the undead leave, more like a wasteland (with a deteriorating climate) filled with groups of blood elves, wretched and undead.

2) I will, but "altered" so they fit the RTS lore, not vice versa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would any mod reading this at some point of time please change the name of the thread to Project: Historian's take on Warcraft - Preview Thread? Thank you.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:11 AM

Banished

I have another question: What is Dalaran like after Archimonde Sandcastles it to death? Is there still a Kirin Tor? Does it get bubbled?
Old 12-10-2016, 02:20 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I have another question: What is Dalaran like after Archimonde Sandcastles it to death? Is there still a Kirin Tor? Does it get bubbled?
Some Kirin Tor do survive, but it's mostly what we can see in The Frozen Throne, a ruin. I do not plan to go beyond the events of The Frozen Throne, but presumably, the bubble would get up some time after those.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:55 AM

Banished

One last question for today: Are you handling magic like how it was in the RTS games where its lines looked more blurry than today's (like WC2 Mages picking up tricks from WC1 Clerics, or fire magic by itself being called demonic)?

Or to put it another way: Is magic more Warhammerish in that there doesn't look to be as big of a gap between safe Arcane and not safe Fel?
Old 12-10-2016, 03:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
One last question for today: Are you handling magic like how it was in the RTS games where its lines looked more blurry than today's (like WC2 Mages picking up tricks from WC1 Clerics, or fire magic by itself being called demonic)?

Or to put it another way: Is magic more Warhammerish in that there doesn't look to be as big of a gap between safe Arcane and not safe Fel?
Let's say I am going with a reinterpretation of Chronicle, so that it is more reminiscent of the RTS games, but still follows that book. For example, I interpret Fel and Arcane as being opposed, yet very still close, being two sides of the same coin (actually, I think that is what Blizzard intended there, though some may disagree).

Or, as another example, I intepret Fire magic as being wholly destructive, unlike its other counterparts, meaning it is more corruptive and often leads those who focus solely on it towards darker kinds of magic (such as Fel magic), hence why some consider it demonic, although it is still an Arcane school of magic.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:19 AM

Banished

Here's a silly question: Does Arthas purchase the help of Goblins in his war on High Elves?
Old 12-11-2016, 07:12 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Here's a silly question: Does Arthas purchase the help of Goblins in his war on High Elves?
Yes. Though it is less of purchasing their help and more of intimidating them.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM

Banished

I have another Arthas question. Is he actually Undead in this work? I figure from how WC3 had him run into a snowstorm in Northrend and Illidan pointing how he smelled like death he was supposed to have been reanimated
Old 12-12-2016, 04:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I have another Arthas question. Is he actually Undead in this work? I figure from how WC3 had him run into a snowstorm in Northrend and Illidan pointing how he smelled like death he was supposed to have been reanimated
I am not sure if these really prove he was supposed to be undead in Warcraft III. The text following his disappearance into the snowstorm spoke of losing the last vestiges of sanity, not really of death, and I think Frostmourne granting meant he wouldn't really have to care about such things anymore. As for smelling like death, that could simply be an allusion to being filled with necromantic energies.

The way I see it, Frostmourne took Arthas' soul, made him immportal (which would mean he did not age and did not have to eat, sleep and so on) and filled him with necromantic energies. Which would technically allow him to be classified as undead, it's just that he did not become one by dying and being reanimated.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:00 AM

Banished

One last Scourge wonder: Have you gone over how the day to day of the Scourge works? Like, what do they use the gold for? Do they have living civilians (who aren't cultists)? How many Lordaeron nobles, officers, and other higher ups joined the Scourge?

Last edited by Saygin; 12-12-2016 at 05:06 AM..
Old 12-12-2016, 06:39 AM

Eternal

Quote:
One last Scourge wonder: Have you gone over how the day to day of the Scourge works? Like, what do they use the gold for? Do they have living civilians (who aren't cultists)? How many Lordaeron nobles, officers, and other higher ups joined the Scourge?
As far as gold is concerned, it is an ingredient used in their summoning rituals. As for living civilians, no, they really do not. And a great deal of many joined. I want to follow the angle that Blizzard alluded to back in the early 2000s, that the Scourge (or more precisely, the Cult of the Damned) is to humanity what the (old) Horde was to the orcs.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:27 AM

Banished

Do demons still come back after dying?
Old 12-14-2016, 05:32 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Do demons still come back after dying?
Technically, yes, though I am not sure how long they'd regenerate yet, and if it'd apply to the upper echelon as well.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:05 PM

Banished

So do Gilneas still put up their wall and ride out the Scourge and Legion?
Old 12-15-2016, 02:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
So do Gilneas still put up their wall and ride out the Scourge and Legion?
The Wall does indeed get built, that's something present for more than a decade. I am not sure how I will tackle Gilneas during the Third War yet, though, I have some ideas but nothing set in stone yet.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:44 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
The Wall does indeed get built, that's something present for more than a decade. I am not sure how I will tackle Gilneas during the Third War yet, though, I have some ideas but nothing set in stone yet.
Mostly because the author has no access to information from within? Well, the Gilneas Brigade could tell him everything that happened up to the point they departed.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:58 PM

Eternal

Hey, do you plan on mentioning anything about the popular and religious holidays? Such as Winter Veil, Noblegarden, Hallow's End...?

It would be cool to learn of the origins and meaning of these dates, as well as any supernatural significance (ghosts on Hallow's End?).
Old 01-03-2017, 12:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Hey, do you plan on mentioning anything about the popular and religious holidays? Such as Winter Veil, Noblegarden, Hallow's End...?

It would be cool to learn of the origins and meaning of these dates, as well as any supernatural significance (ghosts on Hallow's End?).
A little bit here and there, yes.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM

Eternal

How does the Warlow cabal relate to the Cabal cult that exists within the Shadow Council, led by Grandmaster Vorpil?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 AM

Eternal

Quote:
How does the Warlow cabal relate to the Cabal cult that exists within the Shadow Council, led by Grandmaster Vorpil?
After Ner'zhul takes control of the orcs on Draenor, he strikes an alliance with Vorpil, who rallies the remnants of the Shadow Council of Draenor. They name it Cabal, to basically honor the old Cabal once led by the Elder Shaman.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:22 PM

Critter

Hey there, just discovered this forum lately while looking for good maps of the Eastern Kingdoms. So... are you going to actually publish a book with all of this, or post all of the chapters online or something? Cause I've read most if not all of your excerpts, enjoyed the Azeroth, Lordaeron, Gilneas chapters, absolutely love the political and physical maps, and am in general anxious to read the whole work from start to finish. And as I've been reading posts about a part 2 lately, I've been wondering if that meant there was a completed part 1 floating out there somewhere.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaanarash View Post
Hey there, just discovered this forum lately while looking for good maps of the Eastern Kingdoms. So... are you going to actually publish a book with all of this, or post all of the chapters online or something? Cause I've read most if not all of your excerpts, enjoyed the Azeroth, Lordaeron, Gilneas chapters, absolutely love the political and physical maps, and am in general anxious to read the whole work from start to finish. And as I've been reading posts about a part 2 lately, I've been wondering if that meant there was a completed part 1 floating out there somewhere.
Hello there.

I intend to "publish" it, as in electronically, in the format of a book, yes. The plan formerly was to release it about a year ago, but the work sort of grew in size nearly thrice the number I had intended, and I was pretty over-occupied the second half of the year. At the moment, I hope to release it, as in Part One, within the timeframe of several months.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:38 PM

Banished

After reading your work, I ask if Arthas is Ner'zhul's puppet like in WC3 or if he's somehow in control like in that book Golden wrote.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waydin View Post
After reading your work, I ask if Arthas is Ner'zhul's puppet like in WC3 or if he's somehow in control like in that book Golden wrote.
He's not mind controlled, if that is what you ask. Don't think he ever was, even in Warcraft III.

Tags
cartography, creative