Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-03-2017, 04:35 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default Would it be better if we had GW2's gliding mechanism in WoW?

The current flying mechanic we have in WoW feels like a flying hack, very unnatural.

I would much rather have something akin to GW2's gliding, which has a variety of skills and mechanics to control the glide.

Thoughts?
Old 09-03-2017, 05:30 AM

Chimaera

At this point I think it's safe to say that a new game powered by a new engine (that could support any relevant and appropriate feature they may want to implement) would've been better.

Some systems would just feel out of place in WoW.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:55 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Not sure how GW2's gliding system works, but anything is better than the flying system in WoW.

In fact, the whole mount system in WoW is shit. It doesn't do anything other than let players travel at a reasonable speed in bigger high level zones.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:26 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Sure.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 11-04-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Old 11-09-2017, 04:07 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
Not sure how GW2's gliding system works, but anything is better than the flying system in WoW.

In fact, the whole mount system in WoW is shit. It doesn't do anything other than let players travel at a reasonable speed in bigger high level zones.
You jump and open your glider, granting a limited slow forward glide. If you are in mid-air when you run out, you fall. (Potentially to your death, but if you are high enough, you regain some of your glide energy so you can re-open your glider before falling, thus preventing falling damage.) You unlock mastery points that you can invest in ways to improve your gliding: e.g., being able to slow down for a controlled descent or speed up (consuming more energy), unlimited glide, gliding along magical leyline paths, and shortly turning invisible when "dodging" while gliding.

It also empowers Slowpoke to spam his annoyingly massive images of his gaudy characters in the hopes that someone will feed his vanity.

Last edited by Genesis; 11-09-2017 at 05:08 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 04:54 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
You jump and open your glider, granting a limited slow forward glide. If you are in mid-air when you run out, you fall. (Potentially to your death, but if you are high enough, you regain some of your glide energy so you can re-open your glider before falling, thus preventing falling damage.) You unlock mastery points that you can invest in ways to improve your gliding: e.g., being able to slow down for a controlled descent or speed up (consuming more energy), unlimited glide, gliding along magical leyline paths, and shortly turning invisible when "dodging" while gliding.

It also empowers Slowpoke to spam his annoyingly massive images of his guady characters in the hopes that someone will feed his vanity.
So like a shittier mount system? Pass. Being able to go to the washroom or get up and stretch while auto flying from Stormheim to Azsuna is better than having to pay attention or die.

Obviously slowpokes oversized character shots that ruin the format of my screen are the real important thing we are getting out of this.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 05:04 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
So like a shittier mount system? Pass. Being able to go to the washroom or get up and stretch while auto flying from Stormheim to Azsuna is better than having to pay attention or die.

Obviously slowpokes oversized character shots that ruin the format of my screen are the real important thing we are getting out of this.
I'm not really mentioning the high-risk system, but I'm thinking more on a realistic flying dynamic.

It sucks when you realize your flying gryphon is actually a helicopter in disguise.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
I'm not really mentioning the high-risk system, but I'm thinking more on a realistic flying dynamic.

It sucks when you realize your flying gryphon is actually a helicopter in disguise.
My paladin flies on a golden magic horse and my Draenei can somehow balance on a kite.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
My paladin flies on a golden magic horse and my Draenei can somehow balance on a kite.
Exactly.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:26 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Exactly.
You can't have my golden magic horse or illogical kite.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Troubadour

Quote:
You can't have my golden magic horse or illogical kite.
I want to murder them and set them on fire.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:40 AM

Eternal

Quote:
I want to murder them and set them on fire.
You say that to CelestiaSparkle's face! (I'd learn how to resize it, but since Slowpoke already ruined it...)

Tags
critical thinking, world of warcraft