Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2017, 03:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
This.

Guys, like, seriously. The death of Obi-Wan? A second Death Star? Trying to make the Han Solo freezing an excuse for trapping Luke? Those were really stupid.

I think I've said it before, but I do prefer the prequel trilogy, when considered its own standalone product. The setting is much more better, and you actually feel like you're in a fantasy world. In the OT nothing feels alien, and the landscapes are all mostly Earth-like.

The PT had a wider universe, but the OT was pretty limited. Everything the OT could tell, has already been told. Episode 7 should have been something new, not OT redux.
I think Han was literally put on ice because they didn't know if Ford would come back for the next one. But yeah, they're not meant to be looked at as serious sci fi dramas. Even Lucas described it as fun space adventure with fun characters.

Quote:
Time will prove George Lucas right, he risked and innovated, and I can't say the same for the future of the franchise, where we will see the OT exploited to hell and back, with nothing really new in the horizon.
I agree. Lucas told a completely new story and opened up the universe to be exploited with it's numerous concepts and worlds. It's really a shame the new movies just stick to remaking the OT. Could have used all that EU material without copying it, like the Solo twins concept, Luke not being a chickenshit loser, and so on.

Quote:
You're a liar if, watching Star Wars as a kid, you didn't love Jar Jar Binks.
I hope you step on a Lego. I liked Qui-Gon
Old 04-21-2017, 04:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
I hope you step on a Lego. I liked Qui-Gon
Truth hurts, but if it makes you feel better, we were all retards with shit taste back when we were little kids.

Funnily enough, I remember no one liked Anakin lol. It was all lightsabers, droids, and lizard people. Pod racing was a missed merchandise opportunity by not giving it better characters.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 04-21-2017, 04:56 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Funnily enough, I remember no one liked Movie Anakin lol.
Fixed. Afaik people actually liked TCW Anakin.

The Prequel Trilogy's main problem was that they (mostly) portayed him as a whiny half-psycho emo. Which was not really Hayden to blame, but rather the love story dialogue cheesefest. (Kinda reminds me of the Olicity controvery in Arrow.)

And imo the next Anthology Movie will be Obi-Wan, since, let's face it, he's still the most popular character.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:14 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM

Elune

Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I already posted that pages ago. Get with the times.
Member #14
Old 04-21-2017, 08:22 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

It wasn't Hayden's fault, Lucas wrote that stupid line.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Fixed. Afaik people actually liked TCW Anakin.

The Prequel Trilogy's main problem was that they (mostly) portayed him as a whiny half-psycho emo. Which was not really Hayden to blame, but rather the love story dialogue cheesefest. (Kinda reminds me of the Olicity controvery in Arrow.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5uf1bkQQ-s

And imo the next Anthology Movie will be Obi-Wan, since, let's face it, he's still the most popular character.
I was talking about EP1 in particular. EP2 and EP3 Anakin was kinda popular with the girls, but that's it. I didn't really give a damn about him.

TCW pretty much fixed the entire prequel cast of characters, and is my favorite Star Wars production, far above the movies.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
This.

Guys, like, seriously. The death of Obi-Wan? A second Death Star? Trying to make the Han Solo freezing an excuse for trapping Luke? Those were really stupid.

I don't even hate the ewoks. I understand why they are there, for kids. You're a liar if, watching Star Wars as a kid, you didn't love ewoks and Jar Jar Binks. They were retarded? Yes. But they were there for the kids, just like most romance scenes are there for the women, and I'd argue most of them, specially EP2, were much worse than any kid stuff. I remember girls my age back when the movies released obsessed with the pretty boys and the stupid ass romance plot.

I think I've said it before, but I do prefer the prequel trilogy, when considered its own standalone product. The setting is much more better, and you actually feel like you're in a fantasy world. In the OT nothing feels alien, and the landscapes are all mostly Earth-like.

The key is to view each trilogy as a separate product. Aside from lightsabers, a few droids, two characters, and a few names, the PT has nothing to do with the OT. Zero. And it's better that way. Time will prove George Lucas right, he risked and innovated, and I can't say the same for the future of the franchise, where we will see the OT exploited to hell and back, with nothing really new in the horizon.

The PT had a wider universe, but the OT was pretty limited. Everything the OT could tell, has already been told. Episode 7 should have been something new, not OT redux.
It has flaws, but it's still a masterpiece, even EP VI has the great saga of Luke and Vader. Vader's redemption is one of the best moments of SW.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:09 PM

Arch-Druid

To change a bit the topic.

It will be interesting, who of the Rebels Characters really will survive.

If we can follow all the stuff said at this year's celebratation....

...then Hera will be alive at the Battle of Endor, ditto Rex.

Callus... might also survive. While there isn't any real proof yet, it looks more and more likely that the fan theory about him being/becoming Crix Madine might be true afterall.

The Rest ... IDK

Last edited by Vineyard; 04-22-2017 at 12:51 AM..
Old 04-21-2017, 05:16 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

I kind of want Rebels to go all Rogue One and have nobody else survive the battle of Scarif.
Member #14
Old 04-21-2017, 05:24 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
I kind of want Rebels to go all Rogue One and have nobody else survive the battle of Scarif.
I absolutely want that. And from the way the trailer presents itself, Hera might be the only survivor of the crew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
To change a bit the topic.

It will be interesting, who of the Rebels Characters really will survive.

If we can follow all the stuff said at this year's celebratation....

...then Hera will be alive at the Battle of Endor, ditto Rex.

Callus... might also survive. Will there isn't any real proof yet, it looks more and more likely that the fan theory about him being/becoming Crix Madine might be true afterall.

The Rest ... IDK
First time I hear that theory. Pretty mind blowing.

I'm not so sure about Thrawn anymore. His novel sets some things that would make his supposed death in Rebels pretty wasteful. The Noghri assassin is in but Filoni loves red herrings. They played the season premiere at the celebration and spoilers are out. Shit gets serious in there.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 04-21-2017 at 05:30 PM..
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Episode 8 is about a force tree.

Especially w hen you look at the teaser. they are inside the force tree alot
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I absolutely want that. And from the way the trailer presents itself, Hera might be the only survivor of the crew.
I think Kanan will bite the bullet, but otherwise he and Ezra will become sort of local protectors of Lothal. It will keep them out of the way of the rest of the 'Original Trilogy' period, but with enough wiggle room to give 'em EU content if necessary. I seriously do not see them killing off Ezra.

Hera and Chopper we know will survive. Fenoy has heavily been hinting/headcanon'ing that Rex is the white bearded commando on Endor, so he's probably fine too.

Kallus will either literally become Dash Rendar and/or survive. It's a gut feeling, but I don't get the vibe they'll have him turn 'full rebel' and then kill him off immediately. A heroic sacrifice slash redemption-equals-death would've fit when he was still wearing the Imperial uniform, but not now.

Zeb is arguably the most 'expendable' of the main cast and honestly I'm surprised he's made it this far. Either he or Kallus is going to die saving the other. It's like pottery, it's rhymes.

Sabine... honestly I don't know. Mandalore's ambiguous EU situation throws it into whack. It's probably the one part of the show that is difficult to predict. Vorenus- I mean, Rau is a dead man walking by virtue of his 'mentor' role that never ends well. Her brother will die, her father and probably her mother are screwed as well. Sabine herself I have no idea about.

Last edited by Drusus; 04-21-2017 at 10:10 PM..
Old 04-22-2017, 01:01 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
First time I hear that theory. Pretty mind blowing.
I don't thnk they will kill him, he's just too popular.

Plus (Big Novel Spoiler.)

Also, reemember that his "exile" in the new canon was actually a ruse, with the Chiss actually using the Empire for whatever danger they afraid off. (Which is currently spekulated to be Snoke, not the Yong.)

And as for Callus=Madine

Well,

That theory appeared about Feb last year or sooner, long before Callus actually became a good good.

Main reasons:

- He looks very similar to Madine.
- Madine's old EU background was similar.

And now look at Callus' look in the Season 4 Trailer.

Also another reason, they might go this route is this.

Yeah, it's actually a crazy planed (and most likely coming, since he's openly talking about it) "retcon" by Filloni, based on a total coincidence, but you know what?

Fuck it, I love it.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:57 AM

Elune

I'd kill for a conversation between Rex and Luke on Endor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I think Kanan will bite the bullet, but otherwise he and Ezra will become sort of local protectors of Lothal.
If you watch the new trailer you'll see the planet with stormy clouds is Lothal being harvested for kyber crystals.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I seriously do not see them killing off Ezra.
Me neither, but let me dream, dammit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Eternal

Hello Star Ward fans! I've got a few questions if you don't mind:

- What are the books that are now canon?

- In the new canon, what's the difference between the Old Republic and the Galactic Republic?

- Is there any hope that the Old Republic MMO will be made canon?

- Is Mas Amedda still alive as of Episode VII?

- Who were the living Jedi after the rise of the Empire? How did they manage to remain hidden?

- Is it likely we'll ever get a movie that takes place before Episode I?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
- What are the books that are now canon?
Here's a list from Goodreads

And the timeline of each of them

*You don't have to read them in order, as they're mostly stand-alone.

Quote:
- In the new canon, what's the difference between the Old Republic and the Galactic Republic?
There's not much info about the old republic, only that it looked ancient (similar with the aesthetics from Tales of the Jedi comics) and over time it became bloated and corrupt to the core.

Quote:
- Is there any hope that the Old Republic MMO will be made canon?
Zero. Maybe they will bring back certain elements, like they did with Thrawn, but the whole thing? Never.

Quote:
- Is Mas Amedda still alive as of Episode VII?
Not known but he is still alive as of ROTJ and present in the Aftermath trilogy.

Quote:
- Who were the living Jedi after the rise of the Empire? How did they manage to remain hidden?
Kanan, one of the main characters from the Rebels cartoon. His story is told in the Kanan: The Last Padawan comics. Ahsoka, though technically not a Jedi as she quit way before the Purge happened. She has a novel though I don't really recommend it as barely anything happens in it. Just know that she ran from planet to planet constantly to avoid drawing attention. There will be a new Vader comic this summer that takes place right after EPIII and he will face some Jedi in it.

Quote:
- Is it likely we'll ever get a movie that takes place before Episode I?
Most likely not. At this point they want to squeeze the OT cow dry, so expect a Boba Fett movie instead, as it was in the works but didn't officially take off.

*You should read the comics as some are even better than the new novels. Here's the list. My recommendations:

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir - Shows what happened with Maul after TCW cartoon

Main SW comic & Vader - They take place around at the same time and intertwine a bit, but you can read either without getting lost.

Kanan the last Padawan - Though you should watch the first season of Rebels at least.

Doctor Aphra - Should be read after Vader. She's a backstabbing archeologist and her comic develops the lore of the more ancient days of the galaxy.

Shattered Empire - It shows what happened right after ROTJ ended.

Poe Dameron - Only if you want to see more of the sequel trilogy era, and it's set a little before TFA.

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 04-26-2017 at 03:53 AM..
Old 04-26-2017, 09:19 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Is there any hope that the Old Republic MMO will be made canon?

Absolutely zero.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:52 AM

Not Sure If Trolling...

I would love to see a Plagueis-Sidious centered pre-prequel, also show us how did Dooku lose faith in the Jedi Order and his relationship with Qui Gon Jinn.

Too bad that is mostly not possible.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I would love to see a Plagueis-Sidious centered pre-prequel, also show us how did Dooku lose faith in the Jedi Order and his relationship with Qui Gon Jinn.

Too bad that is mostly not possible.
A Del Rey editor has mentioned one of their top requests is a Dooku novel. You can e-mail or tweet them if you want. Please include James Luceno as the writer. He'd be more than perfect. Just don't pester them. We can make it happen.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:10 PM

Eternal

Thanks SmokeBlader! I'll have to save that post for future reference.

But hey, after they do Boba Fett/ Han Solo, hell even Obi-Wan, couldn't we get stuff set in the past? I really like the setting of the prequels.

Tags
entertainment, kid stuff, star wars