Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Orc should die?
Doomhammer 14 48.28%
Blackhand 23 79.31%
Durotan 10 34.48%
Kargath 22 75.86%
Kilrogg 17 58.62%
Gul'dan 18 62.07%
Ner'zhul 18 62.07%
Grom 19 65.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Elune

Default Orcs who should die

So wich Orc should be killed during Warlords. Please cite reasons for each, and context. They do not need to die by our hands.

I personnally feel they should all die, besides Gul'dan who should find a way to get out of this, like the sneaky bastard he is. Though they wouldn't all be evil.

Blackhand is killed by us, we already know this.

Ner'zhul should be killed by Yrel or a Draenei since he's assaulting Shadowmoon.

Kargath should end up being killed by an Arrakoa while he tries to kill everybody. Kinda like a "oh fuck that was so close!" moment.

Kilrogg should be thrown in a Dark Portal that isn't connected to anything. He could always make a comeback later. And since he's in Tanaan Jungle, id expect him to be the one in charge of the Portal.

Doomhammer ultimately sides with Durotan but is killed by Blackhand in his raid.

Durotan dies by a mind-controlled Khadgar, a reverse to Garona's story.

Grom is killed during the assault on Shattrah.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:24 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
So wich Orc should be killed during Warlords. Please cite reasons for each, and context. They do not need to die by our hands.

I personnally feel they should all die, besides Gul'dan who should find a way to get out of this, like the sneaky bastard he is. Though they wouldn't all be evil.
There went my interest in this thread.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
There went my interest in this thread.
Did you even read the rest? Because technically, Kilrogg would come back in a later expansion.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:32 PM

Elune

Blackhand, as he's the only one whom I can't think to do anything interesting with. Aside from that, I'd kind of like as many as possible to survive and be imported into our Horde; we need to replenish our numbers.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilizhra View Post
Blackhand, as he's the only one whom I can't think to do anything interesting with. Aside from that, I'd kind of like as many as possible to survive and be imported into our Horde; we need to replenish our numbers.
So basically, you have an expansion titled "Warlords of Draenor" in wich the bad guys are the Warlords of Draenor and only one of them dies, the others joinining the Horde, wich is definitely not evil. Am I understanding right?

EDIT: Who's the idiot who put the Salandrin tags?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM

Elune

I'd like Grom to turn on Garrosh and kill his own son, either before we kill Grom ourselves, or even to end the war entirely with Grom becoming a good guy (in lack of a better term). I think Durotan will likely survive as well, same with Doomhammer, as Doomhammer is not listed as a Warlord of Draenor and they specifically said he will have a story arc with Thrall and Durotan on the Horde-side.

I have a terrible feeling Blizzard is going to use these Draenor Orcs to rejuvenate the Orcish population within the Horde, seeing as most of them were wiped out during the Siege of Orgrimmar. I don't see them killing off Durotan and company, and how can they possibly write them out of the story again, if Yrel and the alternate Draenei will be coming back to Azeroth with the Alliance?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 PM

Elune

Oh shit, I forgot Garrosh.

He should be killed by Kairoz. It's all part of his master-plan. If a mod happens to walk by, can he please add Garrosh to the poll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
I have a terrible feeling Blizzard is going to use these Draenor Orcs to rejuvenate the Orcish population within the Horde, seeing as most of them were wiped out during the Siege of Orgrimmar. I don't see them killing off Durotan and company, and how can they possibly write them out of the story again, if Yrel and the alternate Draenei will be coming back to Azeroth with the Alliance?
I don't want many Alternate Draenei to go over to Azeroth as well. I fully expect/want Velen, Akama, Nobundo and Co. to die during the expansion, with only Yrel coming back with us. Draka would be the Horde character that survives.

Basically, I feel this expansion should be a "what a waste" kind of thing. You know, realising huge mistakes were done after the Siege and all that.

Last edited by Trickster; 12-21-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
So basically, you have an expansion titled "Warlords of Draenor" in wich the bad guys are the Warlords of Draenor and only one of them dies, the others joinining the Horde, wich is definitely not evil. Am I understanding right?

EDIT: Who's the idiot who put the Salandrin tags?
Precisely. In large part because I'd think the Iron Horde would be fairly stupid if it was just a way of showing that orcs were really evil, so it shouldn't be that.

I suppose Kilrogg and Grom are expendable, as Grom's return would probably disrupt things, but I very much want Ner'zhul to return to the fold. And Durotan, and Orgrim.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Precisely. In large part because I'd think the Iron Horde would be fairly stupid if it was just a way of showing that orcs were really evil, so it shouldn't be that.

I suppose Kilrogg and Grom are expendable, as Grom's return would probably disrupt things, but I very much want Ner'zhul to return to the fold. And Durotan, and Orgrim.
Ok that's fine. But how would the Alliance react to all theses guys going in the Horde? And what's the point of the Siege of Orgrimmar if it doesn't have any impact that lasts more than one or two patches?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ok that's fine. But how would the Alliance react to all theses guys going in the Horde? And what's the point of the Siege of Orgrimmar if it doesn't have any impact that lasts more than one or two patches?
Getting rid of Garrosh and stopping the idiotic faction war. As for how the Alliance would react, it depends; if Ner'zhul decides the Shadowmoon Valley thing is a bad idea (allow me to say that I'm kind of annoyed that the Alliance gets dominance over the storyline of my favorite clan), it may well not be all that bad. Durotan and Orgrim aren't doing anything to the Alliance, to my knowledge.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

A priori, all of them.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Gul'dan and Ner'zhul should die the most.

More than anything I hope that the AU characters don't come over to the MU and become important characters.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Only Kilrogg should live because Bleeding Hollow is the best orc clan.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:21 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Only Kilrogg should live because Bleeding Hollow is the best orc clan.
AU Kilrogg doesn't look anything like the awesome MU Kilrogg.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:21 PM

World Builder

Runes

None of them should live.

Even if some don't turn out hostile.

None should leave WoD alive.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I think I'd only want Kargath and Kil'rogg to carry over to the MU.

Having Durotan and such seems a bit too ridiculous though.

Not sure who I want dead though, the obvious villains I guess.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post

Wouldn't it be better to have the expansion be used for something constructive in the future, instead of deleting its impact entirely? Surely something can be salvaged.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:27 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to have the expansion be used for something constructive in the future, instead of deleting its impact entirely? Surely something can be salvaged.
None of the above orcs.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
None of the above orcs.
Why? Especially the ones we've never really gotten a chance to speak to, like Durotan and Ner'zhul.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:29 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Why? Especially the ones we've never really gotten a chance to speak to, like Durotan and Ner'zhul.
Removes the impact of their MU variants.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Blizzard should develop new Orc characters and not cling to the past.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:32 PM

Eternal

Quote:

Cut the alive part and Im down.

Gul´Dan was a good character evil that wasnt misunderstood or had some childhood trauma or some old whisperings or daddy issues that drove him to his position

Just unrivaled ambition, pure greed, power lust, ego grown out of acomplishments... the good king of evil.

It would be pimpin if we could get that in this expansion but...

Then there is Ner´Zhul who has been both villian and hero, perpetrator and victim, noble and ambitious, abused and abuser. Would be nice to see it like that again.

Then Doomhammer was a mix between Optimus and Megatron and I love that idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Blizzard should develop new Orc characters and not cling to the past.
We got Garrosh last time they did that so... maybe pass

Then again he was the son of Grom and thats what got the ball rolling
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I don't think anyone who has an important role in the MU should survive WoD, unless as maybe a villain for the future (like Gul'dan); otherwise we have the issue Mutterscrawl described and it makes the expansion feel less like "a cool chance to revisit the past and interact with some big names in Warcraft lore" and more like a cheap way to resurrect them so Blizzard doesn't have to think up new characters.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:34 PM

Elune

Quote:
Removes the impact of their MU variants.
I personally don't think so. They're largely different people in any case, and it doesn't change what they did in the past.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:36 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I don't think anyone who has an important role in the MU should survive WoD, unless as maybe a villain for the future (like Gul'dan); otherwise we have the issue Mutterscrawl described and it makes the expansion feel less like "a cool chance to revisit the past and interact with some big names in Warcraft lore" and more like a cheap way to resurrect them so Blizzard doesn't have to think up new characters.
Exactly.

Give us another shadowmoon orc instead of Ner'zhul, his new apprentice after Gul'dan went evil.

Show us freaking Jorin instead of Kilrogg.

My Worldbuilding:

Tags
kar gaht is evul, kill rog is evul, orks, slay them all!