Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Default Writing our own Legen-wait-for-it.......daries

From what I've seen, I am most certainly looking forward to the upcoming Legendary items. That said, i do feel there are some missed opportunities. There are some items they passed over that I would have used (MU Gul'Dan's Skull, the Book of Medivh, Varian Wrynn's swords, etc), but more than that, I'd love to see weapons that are legendary because we did awesome things with them. Also, there are some under-represented class cultures out there. So, if you were going to design a legendary, how would you do it? What are your legendary weapon fantasies?

Some thoughts:

A pair of Fist Weapons that are actually exceedingly well built dwarven mugs for Brew-masters. Part of the quest is you going into a bar used by Legion Cultists for recruitment and secret meetings and starting a brawl with them.

Something to do with the Sun for Paladins. It would either be of Tauren, Tol'vir or Arrakoa make. I'm either thinking a special stone for healing, a spear that we cast into the sun that comes back down infused with it's power, or a sheild.

A spell book of our own writing.

A lantern or something similar that gives of moonlight, allowing us to recolor our spells to look like moonlight.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:08 AM

Eternal

As for the MU skull of Gul'dan, I don't think it has much power anymore, Illidan might have absorbed all of it. As for Shallamayne, if Varian isn't in fact dead he may still wield them.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:47 AM

World Builder

Legendary one handed mace

Totem of Kar'dash : The first orc shaman

Kar'dash lost their true name to history, but they are remembered in story as a hero who led the first clans in communing with the elements, and demonstrated their power against the primals and breakers

a fragment was taken to Azeroth while a fragment was left in Oshugun

The totem allows intense connection to the elements, summoning elemental allies just as kar dash did

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 04-29-2016, 08:57 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I wouldn't have minded repairing the Bloodhoof Runespear with the blessing of its past wielders and the aid of the Bloodhoof totem Sunroc. Technically and old, legendary weapon, but it's rebirth would technically also make it a new weapon.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:07 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I wouldn't have minded repairing the Bloodhoof Runespear with the blessing of its past wielders and the aid of the Bloodhoof totem Sunroc. Technically and old, legendary weapon, but it's rebirth would technically also make it a new weapon.
That'd be sickkk.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:33 AM

Eternal

Arms warriors go to Pandaria and try to retrieve Gorehowl from the room it was left in, a task no other person has been able to do since Garrosh left there. It's surrounded by tha energy that was drawn to it. The Arms warrior must overcome his anger and master it in order to wield Gorehowl. Also better help show the difference between fury and arms, fury lets their anger guide them while arms tempers it and controls it with precision.

Special flavor stuff can be some orc NPC recognizing it or a pit lord being afraid of you because of wielding the axe that slew Mannoroth twice.

I'll try to think of another. There's a severe lack of Kalimdor artifacts, I think only Windwalker goes there and that's only to head into Skywall.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:19 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

I would have really liked a new blood tempered ranasar using the blood from some high level demon, that could have been cool and imo better than rets getting ashbringer (which like frostmourne should stay out of player hands)

I also would have liked kaelthas's cloak to show up with the cool 3d model and everything

I would also like legendary glyphs which would be like warlock green fire allowing you to alter your classes thematics, like allowing fire mages to be blood mages or giving rogues more choice on where they fall on the spy-> pirate spectrum or silver light for paladins/priest

I would also like priest PoH and divine hymn to a music clip (maybe just for the priest? idk) like lament of the highborn while casted/channeled

also stuff for paladins to define blood knight vs silver hand vs sunwalker and druids to allow tauren/nelfs to be different from worgen/trolls

like I think worgen should have their feral dps form be a feral worgen not a cat and trolls should have panthers and maybe snakes over bears?

shaman could also change around which elements do what (fire bolt, lightning blast, windy chain heal, water blast? earth bolt? lots of possibilities)
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 05-03-2016, 01:04 AM

Keeper of the Grove

We've killed Archimonde in Draenor, and we know demon body parts hold power. The cinematic shows Archimonde leaves a corpse behind, so is stands to reason that some spellcasters may be able to harvest that body for things like his eyes, or a rogue could maybe steal things like his tongue or fingers.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:13 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
We've killed Archimonde in Draenor, and we know demon body parts hold power. The cinematic shows Archimonde leaves a corpse behind, so is stands to reason that some spellcasters may be able to harvest that body for things like his eyes, or a rogue could maybe steal things like his tongue or fingers.
I got that feeling that was where the class trinkets came from tbh
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg

Tags
gear, world of warcraft