Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yeah, but if you're gonna use a German word, why not use a word that actually means what you want to say?
its not german, its reikspiel :^)
Old 06-13-2016, 05:37 AM

Elune

Total Warhammer is amazing. It made me like playing as the Empire. Their minis looked too goofy and I had trouble taking them seriously. Nice nods here and there as well. A vampire von Drak. I found it to be a cool easter egg. Dude's a pussy so makes sense why he never challenged the von Carsteins. Wish vampires had more heroes, like a necrach or Vlad.

So Age of Sigmarines, whatever happened with the souls of the dead vampires? From what I see Nagash has control over lots of souls so why isn't he bringing the old gang back?

Last edited by SmokeBlader; 06-13-2016 at 05:42 AM..
Old 06-15-2016, 05:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Total Warhammer is amazing. It made me like playing as the Empire. Their minis looked too goofy and I had trouble taking them seriously. Nice nods here and there as well. A vampire von Drak. I found it to be a cool easter egg. Dude's a pussy so makes sense why he never challenged the von Carsteins. Wish vampires had more heroes, like a necrach or Vlad.

So Age of Sigmarines, whatever happened with the souls of the dead vampires? From what I see Nagash has control over lots of souls so why isn't he bringing the old gang back?
Some have come back under Nagash, yes.

Neferata as the kingdom of New Lahmia and is under the control of Nagash.(He can speak through her body)
Mannfredd wants to serve Nagash, but Nagash just wants to punish him.
Ushoran is the father of the Flesh-eater Courts(deluded cannibal ghouls) and Nagash is hunting him down to enslave him and gain control over the courts.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:47 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I prefer my finecrap Alarielle, or maybe just her handmaiden.

This hero looks kinda neat.

All in all, I'm not sure how to feel about this release wave. There are some concepts I like, but it's not really all that exciting to look at. Lizardmen, where art thou?
Old 06-27-2016, 04:12 PM

Eternal

That last one looks very 40k. The honeycomb arms look mechanical.

A lot of these are okay. I don't mind them, but im not interested. There's also a lot of 40k feel about them.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:46 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

So the Realmgates Wars series ends with the wars for the all-gates, the gate forts that connect to the Allpoints/Eight-Points, which in turn connects to the Varanspire in the Realm of Chaos. According to what I have heard here are the results.

* Life: Alarielle wins against the Glottkin by ring out (throws them into a river) and conquers the Gate of Ghyran.
* Metal: Archaon and Argentine maintain chaos hold over the Gate of Chamon. Apparently Thostos Bladestorm(a Lord-Celestant that had his own series), gets eaten by Dorghar and can't be resurrected. Argentine gets his ass kicked by Dracothion which is not playing around this time.
* Fire: Vandus Hammerhand(Sigmar's Posterboy for Sigmarine's version of Ultramarines) beats Skarbrand and the Fyreslayers take control of Ignax from Chaos(not sure if temporary or permanent)
* Death: Nagash betrays Sigmar and forces the Stormcast to try to conquer the Gateof Shyish alone. They fail. He tries to conquer the gate by himself. He fails and blames Sigmar for his failure.
* Beasts: Gate of Ghur remains unclaimed because of a new power appearing in the realm.
* Light and Shadows: Nobody can get to the the Gate of Ulgu or the Gate of Hysh and those that do return can't explain what's going on there. (Expect elf stuff here.)

So the final result is:
Closed Gates: Life, Fire and Heavens.
Owned by Chaos: Metal and Death.
Unclaimed: Beasts.
Nobody knows: Shadows and Light.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:11 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Treemen are awesome. I'm glad they expanded fantasy's aesthetic instead of rebooting it.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 10-12-2016, 09:05 AM

Elune

Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Anyone want to see my really shitty first time paint jobs on some Dwarf mini's that I have?

Last edited by Erthad; 11-09-2016 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-09-2016, 06:25 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:19 AM

Elune

A new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay's been announced by Cubicle 7, the same guys behind The One Ring RPG.

Oh and they're also doing a separate Age of Sigmar one but it's not like anybody cares about that.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:08 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
A new edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay's been announced by Cubicle 7, the same guys behind The One Ring RPG.

Oh and they're also doing a separate Age of Sigmar one but it's not like anybody cares about that.
Interesting to see they still "care" a bit about Fantasy. Or maybe they just sold the license.

By the way, reminder that we have a new thread for Age of Sigmar here: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...d.php?t=221170

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~

Tags
warhammer