Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Druid of the Talon

Default Call of the Crusade: Sound File transcripts

So the Public Test Realm got a new build last night, and with it, SOUND FILES.
I'm working on getting a zip up with all the sound files, but that might that a few. (Found it online already: http://www.filefront.com/13947326/3.2-Sound-Files.rar//)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialogue between Tirion/Varian and Jaina upon arrival at the tournament:
Varian: Tirion.
Tirion: King Varian, Lady Jaina, welcome to the tournament, your place in the Coliseum is waiting.
Jaina: Thank you, it's the least I can do to support this, we need to stand together.
Varian: You ask much of me Tirion, to sit and watch...trusting the savages to keep themselves in check.
Jaina: I'm sure Thrall will have his people under control
Tirion: My people are here to make sure that they honor the rules of engagement, it will do your subjects well to see you in the stands.
Varian: Perhaps, I doubt the effectiveness of this gambit, it would be better served preparing our armies for the final assault, but if my presence is required in these games to gain your support in the battle...then I will remain...for now.
Of note here: Jaina's voice acting has been re-done. I don't know if the actual voice actor has changed, or just the voice acting, but the fact of the matter is that Jaina's voice is changed in this patch, including her "click" speeches as well as Hyjal/Undercity Battle, everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde entrance counterpart dialogue:
Thrall: Garrosh, I expect you to control yourself here. I do not want a repeat of the Violet Citadel.
Garrosh: Pah! That was a show of strength worthy of a leader, I only regret I did not kill that human before the mage interfered.
Thrall: We are guests here Garrosh, and you will conduct yourself honorably.
Garrosh: What honor is there in thrashing about with bludgeoned sticks, this is a waste of time.
Tirion: Welcome Warchief Thrall, Overlord Hellscream.
Thrall: Thank you for the invitation Lord Fordring, we look forward to observing these games.
Garrosh: Speak for yourself Thrall.
Tirion: I hope you will see the merit of these events in time Garrosh, we cannot win against the Scourge if we continue to war against one another.
Thrall: Wise Words
Garrosh: Words of a fool you mean! The Horde will destroy the undead without your aid human, or that of a pompous king!
Thrall: Garrosh! Enough!
Garrosh: Pah!
Tirion: Under my roof gentlemen, I trust you will behave.
Thrall: Of course Tirion, I apologize for his outburst, it will not be repeated.
Tirion: If you will follow me then.
As you can see, Garrosh acts like a retard again. He defies Thrall's word openly and in plain sight for anyone to see. I understand Garrosh being the son of Grom has earned him a lot of slack, but it's getting to the point now where Thrall is just appearing to be weak to not set him straight.

Interesting Dialogue:
Background info: One of the Tournament fights is an Eredar Demon, who is summoned by a Gnome Warlock... reading throught it is better explanining than I could do;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jaraxxus fight
Tirion: Grand Warlock Wilfred Fizzlebang will summon forth your next challenge, stand by for his entry!
Wilfred: Thank you Highlord! Now challengers! I will begin the ritual of summoning! When I am done, a fearsome Doomguard will appear!
Wilfred: Prepare for oblivion!
Wilfred: Ah ha! Behold the absolute power of Wilfred Fizzlebang! You are bound to ME demon!
Jaraxxus kills Wilfred: Trifling Gnome, your arrogance will be your undoing!
Wilfred: But I'm in charge her-
Jaraxxus: You face Jaraxxus, Eredar lord of the Burning Legion!
Tirion: Quickly Heroes! Destroy the Demon Lord before it can open a portal to it's twisted demonic realm!
Jaraxxus: Another will take my place...your world...is doomed! -dies-
Garrosh: Treacherous Alliance DOGS! You summon a Demon Lord against Warriors of the HORDE?! Your deaths will be swift!
Varian: The Alliance doesn't need the help of a Demon Lord to deal with Horde filth! Come PIG!
Tirion: Everyone calm down, compose yourselves, there is no conspiracy at play here, the warlock acted on his own volition, outside of influences from the Alliance, the tournament must go on!
Tirion: The loss of Wilfred Fizzlebang....while unfortunate...should be be a lesson to those of you who dare to dable in dark magic! Alas, you are victorious, and now must face the next challenge.
Again, the tension rises.
Following up the Eredar fight is this, there are two sets of dialogues, one if you are Horde, one if you are Alliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is the Horde version:
Tirion: The next battle will be against the Argent Crusade's most powerful knights! Only by defeating them will you be deemed worthy!
Garrosh: The Horde demands justice! We challenge the Alliance! Allow us to battle in place of your knights Paladin, we will show these dogs what it means to insult the Horde.
Tirion: Very well! I will allow it! Fight with honor!
Varian: Fight for the glory of the Alliance heroes! Honor your king and your people!
(Horde wins)
Garrosh: That was just a taste of what the future brings! For the Horde!
Tirion: A shallow and tragic victory, we are weaker as a whole from the losses suffered today, who but the Lich King could benefit from such foolishness. Great Warriors have lost their lives, and for what? The true threat looms ahead, the Lich King awaits us all in death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance:
Tirion: The next battle will be against the Argent Crusade's most powerful knights! Only by defeating them will you be deemed worthy!
Varian: Our honor has been besmirched, they make wild claims and false accusations against us! I demand justice! Allow my champions to fight in place of your knights Tirion! We challenge the Horde
Tirion: Very well! I will allow it! Fight with honor!
Garrosh: Show them no mercy Horde champions! Lok'tar Ogar!!!
*Alliance Victory*
Varian: Glory to the Alliance!
Tirion: A shallow and tragic victory, we are weaker as a whole from the losses suffered today, who but the Lich King could benefit from such foolishness. Great Warriors have lost their lives, and for what? The true threat looms ahead, the Lich King awaits us all in death.
Saved the best for last:

Following this "PVP" bout, is a fight against the Twin Valkyrs, nothing spectacular happens -before- the fight, and there is a different yell at the end based on your faction:

Varian: Not even the Lich King's most powerful minions can stand against the Alliance! All hail our victors! (or)
Garrosh: Do you still question the might of the Horde, Paladin? We will take on all comers!
(Eylirria, this kinda sucks actually..)

Blizzard is holding back on us... and there seem to be missing sound files that follow after the Varian/Garrosh yell... but this sound file by Tirion very telling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirion
Arthas! You are hopelessly outnumbered! Lay down Frostmourne and I will grant you a just death.
And truly, the best for last:

There is a Sargeras folder introduced in this patch, with one sound file:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeras
"You have FAILED me, Varimathras."
Guess we know who Varimathras was trying to summon during the coup in the Undercity, for sure now.

Last edited by Eylirria; 06-30-2009 at 09:33 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM

Eternal

Did the Alliance abused Garrosh when he was a kid? really I dont see any other explanation.

And why would Thrall keep him around? send him to I dunno entretain himself on the Razorfen downs
Megatron: You've forgotten something else: I am your prisoner. I've been granted conditional bail while we look for the Knights of Cybertron. Where in my bail terms does it say—where precisely does it say—that I have to risk my life to save a handful of strangers? Where does it say that?

Skids taps Megatron's Autobot badge.

Skids: Right. There. What does that badge even mean to you? How has wearing it forced you to modify your behaviour? I'm serious! How has being an Autobot in any way prevented you from doing exactly what you want? Because if the answer is "it hasn't"—then nothing you've said or done in the last six months counts for anything.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Keeper of Lore
BattleTag: Warlock#1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eylirria View Post
And truly, the best for last:

There is a Sargeras folder introduced in this patch, with one sound file:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargeras
"You have FAILED me, Varimathras."
Guess we know who Varimathras was trying to summon during the coup in the Undercity, for sure now.
Nifty! How does Varimathras fit into the coliseum though?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 AM

Druid of the Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Nifty! How does Varimathras fit into the coliseum though?
He doesn't, it's for the Undercity event, Horde Version, where they fight Varimathras at the end.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eylirria View Post
He doesn't, it's for the Undercity event, Horde Version, where they fight Varimathras at the end.
But why change that event? Most people have already experienced it.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
But why change that event? Most people have already experienced it.
They aren't changing it, Blizz is just adding voice overs for the characters.

Also, after Arthas appears in the Coliseum the floor collapses (don't know if it's Arthas who does it) and the raid falls into some Nerubian caves to fight Anub'arak.

Last edited by Arthek; 06-30-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthek View Post
They aren't changing it, Blizz is just adding voice overs for the characters.
I wonder if they gave voices to the other characters in the event, like Thrall and Sylvanas. They have little grunts and stuff, but all the dialogue they have is silent text.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:29 AM

Arch-Druid

Varian has also now unique greeting/farwell lines. (Again, he seems to be voiced by Chris Metzten personally.)

It's a nice addition that they gave Voiceovers to the Battle of the Undercity, makes it even more epic. We can finally here the full emotions of the charcters during the Event.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Glaive Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
I wonder if they gave voices to the other characters in the event, like Thrall and Sylvanas. They have little grunts and stuff, but all the dialogue they have is silent text.
Thrall, Varian, Jaina, Putress and Varimathras all have voice overs now. Sylvanas doesn't.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:43 AM

Keeper of Lore

Wait, Battle for Undercity had no voiceovers? I could swear it did... or is this only for Horde side?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM

Saurfang speaks up, too.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Oh well, it seems almost certain that Sargeras is going to play a role at some point in the future.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Wait, Battle for Undercity had no voiceovers? I could swear it did... or is this only for Horde side?
"I hate resorting to violence"

doesnt count as a voiceover.

I hate playing with out sound but that event makes me do it.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
I have not done the Alliance side of the quest line, but the Horde side, they only have generic quips they yell out at times, but none of the actual dialogue was spoken.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Romaneck View Post
Did the Alliance abused Garrosh when he was a kid? really I dont see any other explanation.

And why would Thrall keep him around? send him to I dunno entretain himself on the Razorfen downs
I think I've been over this. Garrosh has a tiny, TINY *****.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Keeper of Lore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScytheRexx View Post
I have not done the Alliance side of the quest line, but the Horde side, they only have generic quips they yell out at times, but none of the actual dialogue was spoken.
I swear the Alliance side is fully voice acted. And not just random phrases, I mean the whole thing. But it has been a few months.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:09 PM

Ethermancer - Admin
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

I remember scrambling to read the massive amounts of text between Varian, Jaina, and the rest of the entourage. Beyond that, the only real dialogue I can think of was Putress', not the Alliance leaders themselves.

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Eternal

I don't understand. In the fight with the two dialogues where the Horde and Alliance challenge each other, Tirion is condoning the fight but when one side wins, he is lamenting the victory and saying it only helps the Lich King...I don't understand.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
I don't understand. In the fight with the two dialogues where the Horde and Alliance challenge each other, Tirion is condoning the fight but when one side wins, he is lamenting the victory and saying it only helps the Lich King...I don't understand.
The training match turns into a slaughter fight.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
He assumes it would be an honorable duel, but we end up slaughtering the other side and kill them. He then realizes how fucked we are.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Am I the only one who thinks that's just an unbelievably stupid thing for Tirion to do? There's simmering tensions on both sides that are likely to explode any minute and he gives them the perfect opportunity to cut each others throats.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Elune

Tirion is a man of religion. He is an ultimate optimistic who has faith in people like all great Paladins/Jedis do!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Eternal

If Tirion and Eitrigg hug will it warm their hearts? But really I think something has affected Varian and Garrosh, they seem to be going a bit over the top with this.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:48 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Avenger View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that's just an unbelievably stupid thing for Tirion to do? There's simmering tensions on both sides that are likely to explode any minute and he gives them the perfect opportunity to cut each others throats.
Quiet you! Tirion´s manner of thought is that of a human which is clealry above all the other species on the Universe.

It relieves the tension as well as it serves as a sport, kind of like when you send Elves to the gallows, it rises the morale
Old 06-30-2009, 01:55 PM

Arch-Druid

Well, Varian and Garrosh's dialogue beforehand should have given Tirion a pretty good idea of what would happen should any opportunity of fighting be presented. He shouldn't have let them fight each other.

Idiot.