Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 04-22-2015, 01:59 PM

Poor Soldier
BattleTag: Mathias#1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
They aren't very stable then if people are cheating. They should control their libido.
I have a thousand and one faults, but being unfaithful was never really one of them.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:
I bet affluency and and fidelity are closely related where the wealthier someone is the more stable their marriage is. I don't think most wealthy people cheat.
What the hell? Is this a serious thought or is this one of those times when you are being silly?
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:20 PM

Elune

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2563461

Make DoD civilians go away. They have unions and that makes it more difficult to reprimand them or fire them. I remember in technical training we had a civilian that would try to get female students to wear his gloves to keep them warm because he was a creeper. People like that deserve to be fired and not protected by a union.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:37 PM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2563461

Make DoD civilians go away. They have unions and that makes it more difficult to reprimand them or fire them. I remember in technical training we had a civilian that would try to get female students to wear his gloves to keep them warm because he was a creeper. People like that deserve to be fired and not protected by a union.
It's so cute how you have constructed unions to be your boogeyman scapegoats.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
It's so cute how you have constructed unions to be your boogeyman scapegoats.
But I am just following in the example of Franklin Roosevelt!

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=15445
Old 04-23-2015, 02:10 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Rich people have more chances to get attractive men/women so they have a bigger chance to cheat.
lol, tell that to the crack whores and lowlives who'd blow your cock and let you put it in their pooper for another fix. I'd say their "chances" to cheat are as good (if not better) as someone with considerable wealth.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

You make one error PJ. Most humans are primitive, they only act how their impulses tell them. If they can they will do it and money helps in making people think they can do more than they otherwise would. Having mistresses is quite common among the wealthy.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
You make one error PJ. Most humans are primitive, they only act how their impulses tell them. If they can they will do it and money helps in making people think they can do more than they otherwise would. Having mistresses is quite common among the wealthy.
Agreed. I've known some fairly wealthy couples that were split asunder by infidelity. And no matter how high someone gets, they're still only human.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-23-2015, 10:00 AM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Agreed. I've known some fairly wealthy couples that were split asunder by infidelity. And no matter how high someone gets, they're still only human.
This is why you either invest in Omacron to become a cyborg robot immortal death machine of madness, or Anansi to attain godhood. Or both, like me. #whiteprivilege.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnahar View Post
This is why you either invest in Omacron to become a cyborg robot immortal death machine of madness, or Anansi to attain godhood. Or both, like me. #whiteprivilege.
I already have a mechanical pancreas (well, an insulin pump, so close enough). The first step of many.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 04-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Poor Soldier

Quote:
I already have a mechanical pancreas (well, an insulin pump, so close enough). The first step of many.
My God, more machine than man.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
My God, more machine than man.
Wrong pic.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Please. The obvious answer is to take all of the virgins out of the US jails and prisons, and than tie them screaming to an altar and sacrifice them to Set to be granted dark powers from beyond and become a demon in human form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:18 AM

Elune

A question then. When you die, you have the option to become a irl version of the forsaken. do you do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:21 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
A question then. When you die, you have the option to become a irl version of the forsaken. do you do it?
No, because without being able to feel or taste, to enjoy life, what good is immortality without pleasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
Please. The obvious answer is to take all of the virgins out of the US jails and prisons, and than tie them screaming to an altar and sacrifice them to Set to be granted dark powers from beyond and become a demon in human form.
Implying there are virgins in US jails.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Elune

Quote:
I didn't mean they never did. I said most of them don't. I just meant that marital problems are less likely to happen the higher you rise the income ladder. Divorce rates are highest for people in poverty and it goes down when income levels rise. The idea that rich people are more likely to cheat is false. I do think higher incomes generally means people will show more prudence with not only just money but their relationships as well. I definitely don't think they are less ethical than lower income people.

https://www.ncfr.org/sites/default/f...uly_2012_0.pdf
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Elune

Quote:
I didn't mean they never did. I said most of them don't. I just meant that marital problems are less likely to happen the higher you rise the income ladder. Divorce rates are highest for people in poverty and it goes down when income levels rise. The idea that rich people are more likely to cheat is false. I do think higher incomes generally means people will show more prudence with not only just money but their relationships as well. I definitely don't think they are less ethical than lower income people.

https://www.ncfr.org/sites/default/f...uly_2012_0.pdf
Why, I thought you didn't like the social sciences

However, the study you linked doesn't discuss infidelity, at least not as far as I can tell. Am I missing something? In fact, it seems to say that low-income and high-income couples expect similar things and hold similar values in regards to relationships.

However, the study says that low-income families are more adversely affected by problems like "economic and social issues such as money problems, drinking, and drug use." While such problems can also exist in higher income brackets, they have more security. A rich person with a drinking problem has more access to treatment.

I'm not sure that prudence with money necessarily translates into prudence in other areas. People tend to compartmentalize. While I wouldn't say that the rich are more likely to cheat (since that would assume some correlation between wealth and infidelity), I don't think they're necessarily less likely.

Also, getting information on infidelity is pretty difficult since it's one of those things people aren't inclined to be honest about.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:55 PM

Elune

Quote:
Why, I thought you didn't like the social sciences

However, the study you linked doesn't discuss infidelity, at least not as far as I can tell. Am I missing something? In fact, it seems to say that low-income and high-income couples expect similar things and hold similar values in regards to relationships.

However, the study says that low-income families are more adversely affected by problems like "economic and social issues such as money problems, drinking, and drug use." While such problems can also exist in higher income brackets, they have more security. A rich person with a drinking problem has more access to treatment.

I'm not sure that prudence with money necessarily translates into prudence in other areas. People tend to compartmentalize. While I wouldn't say that the rich are more likely to cheat (since that would assume some correlation between wealth and infidelity), I don't think they're necessarily less likely.

Also, getting information on infidelity is pretty difficult since it's one of those things people aren't inclined to be honest about.
I don't think a good study could be conducted on whether or not the rich cheat less or more. I just wanted to point out that they divorce less which is more of a unambiguous thing. When I pointed out how I didn't like how powerful people cheat on their wives Noitora responded with "So you hate rich people?" I don't think it is more common at the higher income levels and that it even might be less common. I suppose it segues into whether or not people that make money in a capitalistic society are also ethical.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:59 PM

Elune

Quote:
I don't think a good study could be conducted on whether or not the rich cheat less or more. I just wanted to point out that they divorce less which is more of a unambiguous thing. When I pointed out how I didn't like how powerful people cheat on their wives Noitora responded with "So you hate rich people?" I don't think it is more common at the higher income levels and that it even might be less common. I suppose it segues into whether or not people that make money in a capitalistic society are also ethical.
Ah, okay. I don't really think that wealth and ethics have much to do with each other. Plus, there's no one who's consistently ethical on everything; someone might be extremely ethical when it comes to family issues, but less so in business issues. Defining "ethical" is itself pretty complicated.

But that's just my opinion.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:05 PM

Elune

Quote:
Ah, okay. I don't really think that wealth and ethics have much to do with each other. Plus, there's no one who's consistently ethical on everything; someone might be extremely ethical when it comes to family issues, but less so in business issues. Defining "ethical" is itself pretty complicated.

But that's just my opinion.
How about we just say marital fidelity then? Is that more specific?
Old 04-23-2015, 02:09 PM

Elune

Quote:
How about we just say marital fidelity then? Is that more specific?
Sure, but the study only focused on the frequency of divorce. Divorce can be caused by many different factors, which may or may not have anything to do with infidelity.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
They aren't very stable then if people are cheating. They should control their libido.
There's more to cheating than just sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:25 PM

Elune

Quote:
Sure, but the study only focused on the frequency of divorce. Divorce can be caused by many different factors, which may or may not have anything to do with infidelity.
I know that. People don't even have to divorce after cheating. I just wanted to link something that is more easily tracked that had to do with marriage. Cheating is one way to betray your spouse. I do think a divorce means there was a failure somewhere whether is was fidelity or financially.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Quote:
I know that. People don't even have to divorce after cheating. I just wanted to link something that is more easily tracked that had to do with marriage. Cheating is one way to betray your spouse. I do think a divorce means there was a failure somewhere whether is was fidelity or financially.
Sometimes no even that excuse is needed.

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president