Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Revenant Revenant is offline

Revenant - Moderator
Revenant's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,278

Default Design an epic encounter!

Inspired by posts such as this and this, and the Race-storming thread, I am making this epic encounter design thread. Anyone want to try and make the most extreme Warcraft encounter they can? Or discuss what kind of epic encounter you would like to see? It can be an abilities overview with boss tactics, or a narrative, or whatever. Do it!
__________________
^Ignored again.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Urth Urth is offline

Eternal
Urth's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,914

Default

I've got an idea for a raid that's short and fast like Trial of the Crusader but looks like Ulduar and if you don't kill the final boss, you get sucked into outer space and fall slowly to Azeroth's surface, watching as the moon explodes.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Hidden Hidden is offline

Warden
Hidden's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gnomeregan
Posts: 768

Default

In b4 Lon-Ami, Roblore and Drz.

: D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Well, two ideas and both are Deathwing oriented. One, you enter the raid by entering the instance portal to find a ship like the Orgrim's Hammer/Skybreaker, and mount it... then you start the event for a cinematic. The cinematic is the aerial navy versing the Black Dragons, and eventually Deathwing comes out and starts destroying ships. The fight is Deathwing against your ship, while the others are facing the dragonflight. You eventually wound his wing and he goes crashing down into the mountain side, and you go after him.

Idea two came from when I first saw a size comparison between him and a human. My first thought was "My God! He could be the raid instance!". Shadows of the Colossus-style, moving along from his tail to the back of his head (while he's flying, of course) and fighting goblins who are performing "maintenance" on his mechanical scales. When you get his health to a certain percentage, he does a small aerial twirl and your raid goes flying back towards the ground... and is saved by Rhonin
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Ku'ja Ku'ja is offline

Elune
Ku'ja's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cumbria, England !!
Posts: 8,080
BattleTag: Eregos#2913

Horde Flag

The idea of this thread just totally got me thinking of a Dissidia type game but Warcraft Villians and Heroes instead of FF ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Idea two came from when I first saw a size comparison between him and a human. My first thought was "My God! He could be the raid instance!". Shadows of the Colossus-style, moving along from his tail to the back of his head (while he's flying, of course) and fighting goblins who are performing "maintenance" on his mechanical scales. When you get his health to a certain percentage, he does a small aerial twirl and your raid goes flying back towards the ground... and is saved by Rhonin
that would be soo epic lol and make Deathwing seem very very powerful i could dig it
__________________

Run
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Stackattack Stackattack is offline

Arch-Druid
Stackattack's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,826

Default

i'm just gonna link an epic thread from mmo-champion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...rd-boss-is-up/

the guy made some pretty awesome fights. wish blizz used some of his ideas.
__________________
"Today Hellscream shall learn the lesson that Thrall failed to teach him...
Stormwind will never fall!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
RobLore RobLore is offline

Eternal
RobLore's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sweden!
Posts: 4,164

Default

Oh, guess I need to work on ideas for Cho'gall, Ragnaros, Al'akir, Nefarian, Tyr, Neptulon and Deathwing them (my ideas for all the end bosses in Cataclysm).
I believe a very major character should die during the Deathwing encounter.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

I designed the whole Icecrown instance in 2007, before WotLK announced. But can't do it now because haven't played WOW for too long.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Urth Urth is offline

Eternal
Urth's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,914

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLore View Post
Oh, guess I need to work on ideas for Cho'gall, Ragnaros, Al'akir, Nefarian, Tyr, Neptulon and Deathwing them (my ideas for all the end bosses in Cataclysm).
I believe a very major character should die during the Deathwing encounter.
No fair. I have Tyr as the first boss in my raid. Followed by Lord Shu of Skywall, The Immortal Tribe, Arnak Grimtotem, and Elder Magatha.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Ded Chikn Ded Chikn is offline

Elune
Ded Chikn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore, Marylan- *gunshot*
Posts: 6,315
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Default

Skadi the Ruthless was my idea, I take full credit for it.
__________________
"Make work your favorite. That's your new favorite."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Fordragon Fordragon is offline

Elune
Fordragon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Furillo, Furillo Province, Grand Duchy of Furillo
Posts: 5,517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Skadi the Ruthless was my idea, I take full credit for it.
They stole my idea to make Hodir, except they took out the part where you unfreeze people by casting Some "Just Friends" Spooning on them.
__________________
"Damn, snowcone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch? You best be ready for this shit, Cranberry Juice, cuz you bout to get FUCKED." -L Dubba E
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

I designed this three years ago. I'm not going to go with the details because they seem silly now especially the stats and numbers. And I think you won't like the story I made.

Nerubian Palace

Scorponok: A Arachnathid lord, he can dig ground and shoot poison bolt from his tail.

Queen Noal: A Nerubian queen with dozens of adds.

Anu'barak: He could fly up.


The Great Slaughter House

The Devourer: A giant flesh golem whose body parts were separated and will combine togetherduring the battle.

Rafael: A powerful obsidan statue, it will heal a bunch of Scourge and transform to Destroyer after they were killed.

Plagued Dragon swarm.(Designed by my friend)



Damned Sanctum

The Defiler: A dark spirit who'll possess those missing Scarlet hero's body to fight you.

Naze the Eternal: A powerful Lich who is turning Jaina, some people need to enter Jaina's mind to fight the dark shadows in her mind while others leave to take on the Lich and they'll meet again after Jaina's darkness was defeated.

Tyrannus the Darkbringer: A death knight who'll use all the debuff marks on players.



Silent Ice River Glacier

Lady Dejahna: The previous High Priestess, now a banshee, she'll use a lot of nasty debuffs to affect players' skills, even steal them to use for her own.

A Dire Skeletal Mammoth

Maxim the Ice Lord: The Lich King's most powerful revenant, use all kind of frost skills to freeze people.



The Frozen Throne

5 Jaina clones with different professions.

The Lich King+Tyrande(MCed).

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-13-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Stackattack Stackattack is offline

Arch-Druid
Stackattack's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,826

Default

omg NO SYLVANAS?!
__________________
"Today Hellscream shall learn the lesson that Thrall failed to teach him...
Stormwind will never fall!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackattack View Post
omg NO SYLVANAS?!
No, the main story is focused on Tyrande. I didn't let Sylvanas play a important role at that time because all I could think about is she either kill the Lich King or defeated by him, run away or fall to his control again. Jaina also didn't have much important role. I know Tyrande and the Lich King didn't have much link but that's exactly why I picked her because I think it will be more interesting and "challengeful" to create story for two characters that never met before.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I designed this three years ago. I'm not going to go with the details because they seem silly now especially the stats and numbers. And I think you won't like the story I made.

Nerubian Palace

Scorponok: A Arachnathid lord, he can dig ground and shoot poison bolt from his tail.

Queen Noal: A Nerubian queen with dozens of adds.

Anu'barak: He could fly up.
Scorponok! TERRORIZE!!!

Quote:
The Great Slaughter House

The Devourer: A giant flesh golem whose body parts were separated and will combine togetherduring the battle.

Rafael: A powerful obsidan statue, it will heal a bunch of Scourge and transform to Destroyer after they were killed.

Plagued Dragon swarm.(Designed by my friend)
Despite the lore change on the obsidian statues/destroyers to qiraji, the devourer is a pretty interesting, though now unoriginal, boss.

Quote:
Damned Sanctum

The Defiler: A dark spirit who'll possess those missing Scarlet hero's body to fight you.

Naze the Eternal: A powerful Lich who is turning Jaina, some people need to enter Jaina's mind to fight the dark shadows in her mind while others leave to take on the Lich and they'll meet again after Jaina's darkness was defeated.

Tyrannus the Darkbringer: A death knight who'll use all the debuff marks on players.

Silent Ice River Glacier

Lady Dejahna: The previous High Priestess, now a banshee, she'll use a lot of nasty debuffs to affect players' skills, even steal them to use for her own.

A Dire Skeletal Mammoth

Maxim the Ice Lord: The Lich King's most powerful revenant, use all kind of frost skills to freeze people.
Kalec-style fight... Maxim is a decent idea, as I always felt revenants are underutilized in WoW

Quote:

The Frozen Throne

5 Jaina clones with different professions.

The Lich King+Tyrande(MCed).
*puts revolver in mouth* I have to hear this storyline
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

i think al'akir fight should be a flying battle, flying in a massive tornado storm being, no mount of course thrown around with gust of winds and avoiding debris, while you try to follow his tiny version trowhing elementals at you while taunting you with intelligent taunts, emotional screams and mad rambling, (running around like hermes in GOW3) until you reach the core of the storm and he transforms into a gigantic thunder filled cloud tornado and the fight starts, his spells would be plating a whirlwind on the field which would throw you really far away into the storm you would then have to find a gust to return to the centre, in this case the camera would be always turned to the centre of the storm so you know which gusts to take Al'akir would also be gigantic and you could see him from any part of the storm, another spell would be a thunder barrier which would make certain angles of attack very dangerous, receiving a instant shock damage that would hit all players even if they were on the right angle and small gusts that would throw the player back or push him in, with two forms in the second phase, a wind form that would force everyone to stay in melle range with him, and a thunder storm which would damage everyone close to him, all this while avoiding debris, and as a special finisher which he summons a gigantic thunder that kills anyone that is in the core so they must go to the planted whirlwinds to escape the thunder and then find the gusts back in, when he reaches 50% of his life the storm starts to disappear and appears less whirlwinds, at 10% of his life the storm completely disappears and he turns back into his tiny form, both begging for mercy, asking to be killed and affirming that he won, as you start falling from the sky you have to kill his also falling sprite on freefall before you reach the ground(timed kill), or end squashed in the ground, but when the Al'akir dies his core breaks and gives you a slowfall buff called "Last whim of the Chaotic Winds", you land on a top of his broken core in a crater made by the falling core which is called Burial of the winds you can then loot creeks of the core out of various treasures, made from pieces of his killed children for him being the weakest of the elemental lords and shards of other elementals he eaten in his chaotic rampages, you leave trough the a small gust that throws you back into azeroth.

What do you think? i think i'm going to structure it better
__________________

Last edited by Ashendant; 04-13-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasterian View Post
Scorponok! TERRORIZE!!!



Despite the lore change on the obsidian statues/destroyers to qiraji, the devourer is a pretty interesting, though now unoriginal, boss.



Kalec-style fight... Maxim is a decent idea, as I always felt revenants are underutilized in WoW



*puts revolver in mouth* I have to hear this storyline
Actually I designed this 9 months before 2.4, I didn't know anything about Kalec except that unlucky blue dragon in the manga at that time.

As for Flesh Golem, I mean those armored giants with horns in TFT,

You really want to hear the story?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Anasterian Anasterian is offline

Arch-Druid
Anasterian's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886

Default

Sure I'll hear the story, but I'd put it in another thread... possibly the fan fiction board.

I'm digging up an old summary I wrote for an instance based off of the final hours of Gul'dan, where you CoT transform into orcs and join Rend and Maim on the isles. There was a deathknight WCII-style, Cho'gall, Drak'thul, Gul'dan and a small legion involved... The epic part is when you enter the instance and come out of a landing platform from an Ogre destroyer's boarding platform onto the war torn isles, then at the end where the essence of Sargeras shreds Gul'dan before he saps the last bit of power from the eye...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
I'm developing a really weird aversion to the color red...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

I don't want to start a new thread so I'm just gonna briefly tell you: It's mostly about Kel'Thuzad rose up again by that priest's help, drained Balazznar(His true form was known by the Crusade so he killed a numbers of them and run away) and Varimarthas(Dark Lady found he did not kill Balanzzar so banished him)' power, then attacked the Argent Dawn, caused heavy loss and let Naxxramas to fly. Meanwhile, "Jaina" and her master tricked Fandral about rez his son, let her and some strange spellcasters to get into Darnassus. Actually prepared the new undead plague, corrupted almost the whole city and transformed many nightelves into undead. Only the Temple was not affected, and Tyrande was fighting those undead, saw "Jaina" and ask for her help but got ambushed Then Naxxramas arrived, stole the World Tree's energy. Kel'Thuzad directly fought and captured Tyrande. Then the Lich King lured many heroes to a trap in ICC, after took down all those bosses(The clones ran away) you'll find the Lich King and Tyrande was not real, he absorbed all your hate and fury during the battle along with the World Tree's energy and built up a powerful Black Citidal as his flagship. You have to escape from ICC after defeated the "Lich King" with those heroes' help and return to all the important cities(UC, OG and Thereamore) to fight the Scourge, finally finished Arthas in Darnassus again and rescue Tyrande but unaware of the Lich King transfered most of the power into a new body.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
i think al'akir fight should be a flying battle, flying in a massive tornado storm being, no mount of course thrown around with gust of winds and avoiding debris, while you try to follow his tiny version trowhing elementals at you while taunting you with intelligent taunts, emotional screams and mad rambling, (running around like hermes in GOW3) until you reach the core of the storm and he transforms into a gigantic thunder filled cloud tornado and the fight starts, his spells would be plating a whirlwind on the field which would throw you really far away into the storm you would then have to find a gust to return to the centre, in this case the camera would be always turned to the centre of the storm so you know which gusts to take Al'akir would also be gigantic and you could see him from any part of the storm, another spell would be a thunder barrier which would make certain angles of attack very dangerous, receiving a instant shock damage that would hit all players even if they were on the right angle and small gusts that would throw the player back or push him in, with two forms in the second phase, a wind form that would force everyone to stay in melle range with him, and a thunder storm which would damage everyone close to him, all this while avoiding debris, and as a special finisher which he summons a gigantic thunder that kills anyone that is in the core so they must go to the planted whirlwinds to escape the thunder and then find the gusts back in, when he reaches 50% of his life the storm starts to disappear and appears less whirlwinds, at 10% of his life the storm completely disappears and he turns back into his tiny form, both begging for mercy, asking to be killed and affirming that he won, as you start falling from the sky you have to kill his also falling sprite on freefall before you reach the ground(timed kill), or end squashed in the ground, but when the Al'akir dies his core breaks and gives you a slowfall buff called "Last whim of the Chaotic Winds", you land on a top of his broken core in a crater made by the falling core which is called Burial of the winds you can then loot creeks of the core out of various treasures, made from pieces of his killed children for him being the weakest of the elemental lords and shards of other elementals he eaten in his chaotic rampages, you leave trough the a small gust that throws you back into azeroth.

What do you think? i think i'm going to structure it better
You're flying no mount, in a giant tornado the raid notices al'akir in a tiny form taunting the raid.

First Phase
Al'akir is in a sprite form running away from you, you have to follow him while avoiding coming debris and gusts of winds while he throws elementals at you.

Spells
Gust
a gust throws you into a set direction, no damage

Debris
a piece of rock comes you away avoid or take X damage

Summon elemental
a random elemental is summoned and attacks either the player or al'akir

Voice
when the player hits a gust
-"fly, baby fly."

when hit by a debris
-"squishy goes the mortal."

when he summons a elemental
-"who the heck are you and how did you get here, anyway fetch." throws elemental at player".
-elemental attacks al'akir
"what are you trying to do."
"kill you and eat you like ragnaros did to your son".
"ORLY? OM NOM NOM NOM." eats elemental

Second Phase
Al'akir reaches the centre of storm and turns into a huge tornado thunder cloud elemental, you can now hit him until he's 50%, he has both a meele attack and ranged attack that are not spells.

Spells
Anemoi
plants four whirlwinds on the battle field that will move slowly trough the battle, if a player hits ones he will thrown back into the storm and will have to find a gust that throws him into the core of the storm while avoiding debris

Aeolus
a small gust throws the player back, it works like the druid typhon but with a bigger range sometimes into a Anemoi whirlwind, it damages the player for X damage

Raijin
summons a thunder shield that damages anyone that attacks in that angle it protects in a 90º angle and will damage all players in a 180º angle for X if anybody hits or heals inside that angle

Thor
Al'akir summon a thunderhead that will vaporise anyone in the core, all players outside the core will receive shock wave damage that equals to X

Voice
You think you can beat me fool, I'm the wind itself, the untouchable that is felt , the destroyer of giants? come forth and try weak one."

-"north south east and west, winds of the world guard me from these foolish mortals."when casting anemoi

-"Nobody stands in my presence." casts aeolus

-"Thunders of the beasts protect me, your most caring master." casts raijin

-"Thunderan, i hope your adventure in azeroth goes well, i devout this kill to your safety." Casts thor

Third Phase
When the player reachs 50% of al'akir health, he changes between two fighting styles, changing them after a bunch of damage has been dealt he keeps thor before more two forms, the storm starts to subside.

Spells

Wind form
-Forces all player to stay in melle range with a wall of wind while the anemoi whirlwinds slowly rotate around the boss, suffers double damage from all melle, immune to ranged damage

Thunderform
-causes extreme damage to anyone in melle area that spreads to the other players, has 3 raijin shields around him that randomly change, takes double damage from ranged attack and is immune to melle damage

Voice
-"no, NO, NO, my sons my servants all killed, thundeeran where are you? i was always the weak one. yes weakness, too weak to protect children, too weak to protect servants, weak weak weak, i'm weak *hums for a while then suddenly stops*, NO IT WAS YOU YOU YOU YOU DIE DIE DIE DIE"

-while in wind form "WHEEEEEEEE! I'M BORED."

-while in thunder form "DIE VAPORISE DESTROY ERADICATE CASTRATE... *starts singing* I WILL NOT DIE I WILL SURVIVE, IN YOUR TIME OF DYING."

Final Phase
The storm subsides at 10% of al'akir health and the player and al'akir start falling into the ground below, the raid has a limited time to kill al'akir before they crash into the ground, al'akir turns into his sprite form, and has no spells, but slowly moves around a small area, that the player has to follow to deal damage

Voice
while falling, he passes trough the 5 stages of grief each time he loses 2% of his life

1-denial-"Victory is mine, you will meet your end at the ground, i will continue to wait for thundeeran i hope he's safe."

2-Anger-"NO NO NO, THIS WILL NOT COME TO PASS I'LL MAKE SURE YOU WILL DIE IN THE END."

3-bargain-"please spare it's just my nature i can't control it, this is what i'am chaos and wind unadultered, spare me and i will promise i'll keep myself tame and i'll reward you greatly with powers nigh imaginable."

4-Depression-"why me, why did i have to have a miserable life and suffer at the hands of everyone, why of all them i was born of wind and chaos, the uncontrollable and weakest."

5-acceptance"I was the weak one i was destined to die has i failed to protect my children, my servants, and finally my life, truly a waste of time this was, end my misery, once and for all."

when his core breaks
-"no more chaos, no more order, nor good or evil, this is it, the end for me, death like the mortals, peace, but in the end i realize life was worth living, huh who the heck are you?"

Spell
Last whim of chaotic winds
-the player is given a slowfall while the gigantic core of al'akir fall below and creates a massive crater, the raid falls slowly on top of the core, on the Burial of winds

Reward
The player searches the creeks of core of air and finds the shards of the sons and servants of al'akir shaped into weapons and armour, after a while a gust comes and pushes the player into the exit portal.

What do you think? from 1 to 10
__________________

Last edited by Ashendant; 04-13-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

I found it's really hard to design a good final boss without give huge life/damage deal after you spent so many ideas on the previous bosses. I gave the Lich King a few death knight skills at the beginning and everytime his health drops by 10%, he will get a new skill. But people like the Jaina clones and the Escape encounter better.

I was playing Guild Wars at that time so I found add environment effects into the instance is a very good idea, like reduce movement by 15% in Nerubian Palace. Reduce healing done by 15% in The Great Slaughter House. 9% chance to get stunned for 3 seconds after receive shadow damage in Damned Sanctum and all equipment's stats reduce 15% in Silent Ice River Glacier. Also three very nasty effect, will randomly pick one for the Frozen Throne encounter.
Reduce hit chance by 35%, have 50% chance to get charmed after use a spell and receive massive amount of frost damage every few seconds.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Stackattack Stackattack is offline

Arch-Druid
Stackattack's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,826

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I was playing Guild Wars at that time so I found add environment effects into the instance is a very good idea, like reduce movement by 15% in Nerubian Palace. Reduce healing done by 15% in The Great Slaughter House. 9% chance to get stunned for 3 seconds after receive shadow damage in Damned Sanctum and all equipment's stats reduce 15% in Silent Ice River Glacier. Also three very nasty effect, will randomly pick one for the Frozen Throne encounter.
Reduce hit chance by 35%, have 50% chance to get charmed after use a spell and receive massive amount of frost damage every few seconds.
ala aspect of kanaxai & realm of torment zonewide debuffs eh
__________________
"Today Hellscream shall learn the lesson that Thrall failed to teach him...
Stormwind will never fall!"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Slowpokeking
Guest
Posts: n/a

Default

As for the Jaina clones.
The leader death knight Jaina got some melee aoe, death coil for single damage and a mark that can deal damage over time, also greatly increase target's threat, a directly command that orders other clones to attack target.

The necromancer got Death and Decay, 3 disease debuffs(Dots, reduce damage dealt, increase damage taken and reduce healing taken) and some undispellable aoe debuff that will deal damage everytime a debuff is removed from.

The assassin got shadow step like skills and some high damage melee combo skills.

The priest got some dots and some aoe debuff to reduce the chance to hit, also create completley darkness, able to let player's attack hit on allies and deal damage.

The hunter(later changed to admiral for my play) use powerful shots to put people into sleep, remove all the buffs and got some execute like skills, high damage and only be able to use it when target got low health.

Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-13-2010 at 07:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
AndyJP AndyJP is offline

Eternal
AndyJP's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 2021
Posts: 4,508

Default

Krasus vs Rhonin
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Krasus vs Rhonin vs. Med'an vs. Garrosh: Clash of the mary sues
Fixt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.