Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
You silly little people. It's obvious who the coolest character in the series is.

Is it not?

>>8<<
I dont get it?
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Mustrum Mustrum is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the corner of your mind
Posts: 4,990

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns View Post
I dont get it?
No, you wouldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

So yeah, some people don't seem to like Khal Drogo in the TV series. Not sure why.


While he is pretty personality-less, he's that way in the book, too. Not to mention that bit where he ripped out a guy's tongue after slitting his throat with the man's own weapon and reaching INTO the wound was very, very awesome.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
So yeah, some people don't seem to like Khal Drogo in the TV series. Not sure why.


While he is pretty personality-less, he's that way in the book, too. Not to mention that bit where he ripped out a guy's tongue after slitting his throat with the man's own weapon and reaching INTO the wound was very, very awesome.
The only part I didnt like about him that was he was portrayed to force Daenerys on their wedding night, where it was pretty consensual in the book.

Other than that, he was pretty damn how much I expected him to be.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns View Post
The only part I didnt like about him that was he was portrayed to force Daenerys on their wedding night, where it was pretty consensual in the book.

Other than that, he was pretty damn how much I expected him to be.
Eh, I never really liked the random "must-have-sex" moments Dany has in the books. I mean, I know women get horny like men at times, but she goes from being terrified of this guy to wanting to f*ck him until he doesn't wanna f*ck no more.


I mean, really, that whole bit after Drogo's lost his mind as a result of being "healed" by the witch was just stupid. I don't know of any woman not on all sorts of drugs who give a man in that state a blowjob while lamenting that she can't use her ladyparts instead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post

>>8<<
That took me a moment to figure out. I think.

Someone with little birds, right?

By the way, question. Jaime, how's it pronounced? I actually missed out on the entire series (going to buy it on DVD though). I've always read it as "Hai-me," though I get the feeling its "Jay-me." Which is just...strange to me.

You got Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin, Tytos, Kevan, Tygett, Tyrek.

And then "Jay-me."

Least with "Hai-me" it sounds a bit more exotic.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Eh, I never really liked the random "must-have-sex" moments Dany has in the books. I mean, I know women get horny like men at times, but she goes from being terrified of this guy to wanting to f*ck him until he doesn't wanna f*ck no more.

I edit out the the green bit, not sure if that was supposed to meant for spoilers for anyone using a different theme, shows up bright and noticeable on Horde Echoes theme? If so Ill be vague in this next line.

But wasnt that just a last ditch effort she was attempting though?

Quote:
That took me a moment to figure out. I think.

Someone with little birds, right?

By the way, question. Jaime, how's it pronounced? I actually missed out on the entire series (going to buy it on DVD though). I've always read it as "Hai-me," though I get the feeling its "Jay-me." Which is just...strange to me.

You got Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin, Tytos, Kevan, Tygett, Tyrek.

And then "Jay-me."

Least with "Hai-me" it sounds a bit more exotic.

Least with "Hai-me" it sounds a bit more exotic.
Its pronounced "Jay-me" in the show.

And oh, Mustrum, yea, now I got it with Arakiba's "little bird" reference.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)

Last edited by Ardeiute; 03-19-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
That took me a moment to figure out. I think.

Someone with little birds, right?

By the way, question. Jaime, how's it pronounced? I actually missed out on the entire series (going to buy it on DVD though). I've always read it as "Hai-me," though I get the feeling its "Jay-me." Which is just...strange to me.

You got Cersei, Tyrion, Tywin, Tytos, Kevan, Tygett, Tyrek.

And then "Jay-me."

Least with "Hai-me" it sounds a bit more exotic.
It's "Jay-Me."


And "Kevan" isn't exactly an exotic name.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
It's "Jay-Me."


And "Kevan" isn't exactly an exotic name.
Bleh.

And well...its got an "a" in it, at least. That's different!

(true though)
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Mustrum Mustrum is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the corner of your mind
Posts: 4,990

Default

I've always hated Daenerys. She completely fucks up Slaver's Bay and then wrings her hands bemoaning the fact that she can't help her children. These being the children who were better off before she entered their lives and who are now dying slow painful deaths because their Queen is too much of a little bitch to understand what it is to rule. A Queen who caused her pet DRAGONS to turn feral because she was too incompetent to either A) train them or B) allow that monsters sometimes need to do monstrous things.

And then she goes and fucks whatsisname, even though she recognizes that he's obviously a psychopath and doesn't really love her at all.

After she throws Jorah under the bus for 'betraying' her. He never fucking betrayed you, you slut. He came to you as a pawn of your enemies and betrayed them FOR you. By the Old Gods and the New, woman, figure it out! He was your most faithful servant, you fool!

The most vexing thing is that I suspect she is meant to be the protagonist.

Last edited by Mustrum; 03-19-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
SPOILERS

Dude, spoiler warning next time! Lucky I saw the location and knew I wasnt that far yet and stopped.
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Mustrum Mustrum is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the corner of your mind
Posts: 4,990

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns View Post
Dude, spoiler warning next time! Lucky I saw the location and knew I wasnt that far yet and stopped.
Color-coded for your convenience.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,090
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Color-coded for your convenience.
Color code doesn't help when we have multiple different color themes. Just put up a spoiler tag on it.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Ardeiute Ardeiute is offline

Arch-Druid
Ardeiute's Avatar
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,328

Default

As I said in a previous post, "Echoes of the past--Horde", stands out bright and clear, which I guess is still a warning, but I didnt know that was spoilering color till just now!
__________________
(Created by Unstable Portal)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Porimlys Porimlys is offline

Elune
Porimlys's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 9,979
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

Default

I can't stand any of the color themes besides vault of Uldaman for some reason >.<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorns View Post
As I said in a previous post, "Echoes of the past--Horde", stands out bright and clear, which I guess is still a warning, but I didnt know that was spoilering color till just now!
*shrug* I use the default theme.



Be nice if we had some sort of "click to see this" stuff that some other forums have. Would make spoiler-control easier to manage.


*poke* Warlock?
__________________

Last edited by Dithon1; 03-19-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Erthad Erthad is offline

Elune
Erthad's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stromgarde
Posts: 9,556
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Crossed Swords (War2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
*shrug* I use the default theme.



Be nice if we had some sort of "click to see this" stuff that some other forums have. Would make spoiler-control easier to manage.


*poke* Warlock?
I have wanted that for the longest time. Huge ass images get annoying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I have wanted that for the longest time. Huge ass images get annoying.
Indeed.

*poke* Warlock?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Gadinhad Gadinhad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,825

Default

*spoilers*











I raped the replay button on Viserys' pot of Gold. Just that kind of visceral savagery was refreshing. The thud he makes when hitting the ground is particularly satisfying, and amusing.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Cantus Cantus is offline

Ethermancer - Admin
Cantus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: DC, U.S.
Posts: 11,090
BattleTag: Cantus#1700

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithon1 View Post
Indeed.

*poke* Warlock?
I'll reopen the topic in the Admin forums, might help if another code monkey around here can help if Warlock's RL obligations take too much of a hold.
__________________

Rationalizing the irrational since 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Bryn Bryn is offline

Arch-Druid
Bryn's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,180

Default

*Entire post of SPOILERS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
He came to you as a pawn of your enemies and betrayed them FOR you. By the Old Gods and the New, woman, figure it out! He was your most faithful servant, you fool!
He kept on passing messages to her enemies for a long time, though. The thing that really set her off was that he was the one who let Robert know she was pregnant. He helped foil the assassination attempt on her and her baby, but he was the reason it happened in the first place. He put her in more danger than she'd already been in. And she still would have pardoned him if he'd taken responsibility for what he did and apologized instead of whining and trying to confess love to her. Barristan is her most faithful servant, IMO. He follows her because he respects her as a ruler, not because of some creepy Nice Guy crush.

Anyway, I liked the amount of screwing up Dany did in ADWD. I thought it made her a more human and believable character. Not sure if the Meereen situation is going to be handled well in the end, though. If she ends up failing and running away, leaving the region in chaos, how are we supposed to have confidence in her ability to handle Westeros?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Mustrum Mustrum is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the corner of your mind
Posts: 4,990

Default

*MORE SPOILERS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
Anyway, I liked the amount of screwing up Dany did in ADWD. I thought it made her a more human and believable character. Not sure if the Meereen situation is going to be handled well in the end, though. If she ends up failing and running away, leaving the region in chaos, how are we supposed to have confidence in her ability to handle Westeros?
Turns out humans are assholes and morons. She let her stupid little girly hormones ruin countless innocent lives.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Gadinhad Gadinhad is offline

Banished
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,825

Default

*spoilers*



If Eddard were still alive he'd take care of that spoiled little shit Daenerys. The Targerians need to be purged.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Dithon1 Dithon1 is offline

Needs A Hug
Dithon1's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over the hills and far away.
Posts: 6,136

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
*MORE SPOILERS*



Turns out humans are assholes and morons. She let her stupid little girly hormones ruin countless innocent lives.
Cynicism is the staple of this series.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Mustrum Mustrum is offline

Banished
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In the corner of your mind
Posts: 4,990

Default

MOAR SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadinhad View Post
*spoilers*



If Eddard were still alive he'd take care of that spoiled little shit Daenerys. The Targerians need to be purged.
I agree. Eddard wouldn't. He's got that whole 'honor' shtick, remember? I mean, seriously, he warned Cersei that he was going to expose her and Jaime! I love the guy, but he has a serious case of lawful stupid.

And actually, I would amend your comment myself. Daenerys needs to go, but Aegon's cool. He can stay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
game of thrones, literature, no one survives, song of ice and fire, spoilers, trickster's tag, trolling

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.