Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2013, 12:06 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Default Let's Play!

Anybody watch LPs or make their own? I'm trying to get started on making one of my own. It's the first time I've tried something like that and just wondering if anyone here had experience. Managing a youtube channel, recording game footage, running an emulator, recording and editing sound and video, and so on. I'm a noob in all aspects, but I like LPs and I see so few that are actually good and entertaining, so I wanted to make my own.

For my first game, I wanted to do something near and dear to my heart and something I was well familiar with and woulnd't be too technically demanding. So I went with the PS1 classic, Final Fantasy IX.

So I have the original PS1 discs and I'm running the game on the ePSXe emulator on my PC. I have FRAPS for recording. Besides that I'm kind of lost. I need some sort of user-friendly, lightweight video editing software to put it all together.

Anyway, if anyone happens to have any knowledge or advice, please let me know.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:21 PM

Elune

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4m8Fu8hYKZxtrnFONgaQjA

Don't complain, just watch the one completed game I`ve played, and I started hearthstone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Sorry to necro this, but I made a (very) rough first draft of the first video.

Skip ahead to around the 4:00 mark. That's where the actual gameplay starts. Apologies in advance for sounding kind of nervous and distracted, I was worried about my test run, so I was unable to really get into the game.

I've never done this before and it shows. I just tried to do a 'dress rehearsal' of sorts, to see if any problems turned up. Yes. Yes they did. There are some very bad video and audio glitches happening. Some of it is slowdown within the game itself, i guess because of the emulator? Some of the problems are from the recording software, like that entire first battle was skipped, and a lot of dialogue where there is scripted character movement is glitched pretty bad but as you may be able to tell, it was mostly playing fine in the emulator. Other stuff like the dialogue boxes glitching was already happening a little in the emulator but was exacerbated in the recording.

I'm using ePSXe emulator to play the game using the original game discs. I'm using OBS (open broadcaster software) to record footage because it was free. The the main problems are somewhere between those two. If anyone has experience with either one, please help! There is some perfect equilibrium of settings in the emulator and the recording software to make this work.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 11-20-2013 at 03:51 PM..

Tags
internet