Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 AM

Eternal

Default Why is mmo-champ so anal?

I had this chat with someone earlier, though can't remember which thread it was on, but it does bring up something I've found increasingly apparent in the last few years. Maybe its been like this for longer, but of late it seems even more so.

I long since got given a ban on the official forums, as apparrently many others have done because of the mods there being extremely stringent on anything you post. I got banned once for just raising my tone about a lore subject when it got heated, making it impossible to have a discussion on anything there. To which end i quit trying to post anything on the official forums.

now for a while mmo champ and its lore section seemed much more open to discussion, you could freely talk about things without the mods there intervening, which was great, infact it felt like the freedom of discussion like I've had on SOL.
but lately, it seems the mods on mmochamp have become much like those on the official forums, hard up and willing to ban anyone for so much as saying one word out of tone, even if its not directed at another poster. Been banned by their infamous scrapbot for saying fuck to many times.

I've seen enough complaints here about mmochamp, anyone else finding it hard to even have a conversation there? I've had some really awesome private conversations with people on it, but the threads themselves feels like walking over glass most days.

Last edited by Tauren Paly; 05-26-2014 at 08:13 AM..
Old 05-26-2014, 08:13 AM

Problemsolver

Don't know. Don't care.

Stop comparing SoL to other WoW-sites. We are superior in every aspect, and that goes without saying.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 AM

Eternal

MMO Champ, lore section included, is more active even when nothing new is around. The problem is, there are a lot of trolls there who know how to get around bans from the modbot. Try avoiding threads which are definitely going to rustle your jimmies.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post
Don't know. Don't care.

Stop comparing SoL to other WoW-sites. We are superior in every aspect, and that goes without saying.
Or everyone else is worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:31 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Don't like the place. I seem to remember someone saying how Humans and Blood Elves have the highest populations and how that means they hold the highest number of douchebags, well MMO-Champ is like that. The higher the number of users, the higher the number of them being dbags.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I'd say some threads on there are either troll fiesta, troll circle jerk, a combination of the two, or just circlejerking... Rest are just players that are pretty serious and want straight answer from the game.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:27 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Don't like the place. I seem to remember someone saying how Humans and Blood Elves have the highest populations and how that means they hold the highest number of douchebags, well MMO-Champ is like that. The higher the number of users, the higher the number of them being dbags.
I made that comparison to humans and blood elves. And tis true, guess it works in the same regard to how many are on certain forums.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

People tend to dislike others with the same negative traits as them.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 AM

Banished

I dunno if it is MMO-c posters being stupid or not... But there are tons of people there that seems to suffer from the "Annual pass (for lack of better words) trauma". They think they are GUARANTEED an invite to the Alpha/beta because they are subscribed for so long... But it isn't like that at all... So I suppose I can call it a delusion.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Arch-Druid

Golden Yak posts there. It's more than enough for me to forgive their sins.
But the policy of the site itself and their relationship with Blizzard are quite annoying.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
Golden Yak posts there. It's more than enough for me to forgive their sins.
But the policy of the site itself and their relationship with Blizzard are quite annoying.
Yep, I can even remember it wasn't as anal about what was said some years ago, where as now its as conformed as the official site. I dunno, are they paid by blizzard to report on stuff, and so blizzard has them by the globes?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:04 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauren Paly View Post
I had this chat with someone earlier, though can't remember which thread it was on, but it does bring up something I've found increasingly apparent in the last few years. Maybe its been like this for longer, but of late it seems even more so.

I long since got given a ban on the official forums, as apparrently many others have done because of the mods there being extremely stringent on anything you post. I got banned once for just raising my tone about a lore subject when it got heated, making it impossible to have a discussion on anything there. To which end i quit trying to post anything on the official forums.

now for a while mmo champ and its lore section seemed much more open to discussion, you could freely talk about things without the mods there intervening, which was great, infact it felt like the freedom of discussion like I've had on SOL.
but lately, it seems the mods on mmochamp have become much like those on the official forums, hard up and willing to ban anyone for so much as saying one word out of tone, even if its not directed at another poster. Been banned by their infamous scrapbot for saying fuck to many times.

I've seen enough complaints here about mmochamp, anyone else finding it hard to even have a conversation there? I've had some really awesome private conversations with people on it, but the threads themselves feels like walking over glass most days.
But if it's so anal, why don't you like it?

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
But if it's so anal, why don't you like it?
Is that an offer, are you offering me anal?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yep, I can even remember it wasn't as anal about what was said some years ago, where as now its as conformed as the official site. I dunno, are they paid by blizzard to report on stuff, and so blizzard has them by the globes?
I dunno, because I rarely visit their forums. I was talking about different issue.

MMO-C and a few others commercial sites have a lot of privileges, compared to other fan sites. Sometimes MMO-C even promotes itself by 'downvoting' the official WoW site in a shady manner. Even before the time, when the blue posters have started to appear at Curse sites, it looked like that someone from Blizzard was behind the whole thing to allow them doing whatever they want. They've datamined stuff even before it was legal. And everyone was okey with it. Even now, official Blizzard fan sites have certain agreements that limit their work in various areas of activity, while MMO-C can do such prohibited to other sites work and they are even free to post such stuff at their main page. Don't forget that despite all of this, official fan sites don't get practically anything from Blizzard in return. While Curse sites can do whatever they want and they are the only ones that have serious privileges from Blizzard. And they make money from it.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Eternal

I have just wondered where their funding comes from, advertisement? I block all adverts.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:08 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
I have just wondered where their funding comes from, advertisement? I block all adverts.
The curse network is pretty big, but I'd say advertisement makes up a huge chunk of its revenue.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

It is a shithole because of the overzealous mods and a larger population means you have a fuckton more trolls and assholes.

Here, we can get away with: political discussions/insults/religious bitching/casual racist jokes/sexist jokes and such, because we are generally laid back. MMO Champion is anal over those kinds of things and bans people over mild things like being "uninviting" in a thread, or simply calling someone a troll/idiot, or anything they personally disagree with.

In short: they are a bunch of oppressive dookers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.

Last edited by Ganishka; 06-01-2014 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-01-2014, 02:53 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganishka View Post
It is a shithole because of the overzealous mods and a larger population means you have a fuckton more trolls and assholes.

Here, we can get away with: political discussions/insults/religious bitching/casual racist jokes/sexist jokes and such, because we are generally laid back. MMO Champion is anal over those kinds of things and bans people over mild things like being "uninviting" in a thread, or simply calling someone a troll/idiot, or anything they personally disagree with.

In short: they are a bunch of oppressive dookers.
put exactly what you just said on a thread and you'd be banned for a month.
I've called people on there trolling on it before and been given bans, I was even being civil about calling them on it, but nope, that one T word and there precious crapbot homes in on you.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The curse network is pretty big, but I'd say advertisement makes up a huge chunk of its revenue.
Doesn't suprise me at all.

Do Curse own WoWhead?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Doesn't suprise me at all.

Do Curse own WoWhead?
No. ZAM owns WoWHead.

Tags
gay joke, internet