Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft RTS Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 AM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

I had a similar idea with the wisp and the artificer. The wisp gathers resources and creates the lower tier buildings. The artificer then improve upon these and build the more advanced tiers.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:56 AM

The Digger

Specifically, I was thinking that the Priestess would build structures protoss-style, and she could use this ability in combat. One specific structure I was thinking off was the Geyser, which is a temporary building that assembles in seconds. It then periodically erupts, stunning any enemy units standing on it, and healing any friendlies in the area.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post
Specifically, I was thinking that the Priestess would build structures protoss-style, and she could use this ability in combat. One specific structure I was thinking off was the Geyser, which is a temporary building that assembles in seconds. It then periodically erupts, stunning any enemy units standing on it, and healing any friendlies in the area.
That would be very useful for hit and run tactics.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:14 PM

Demon Hunter

Human Icon (War3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
Oh well, I'll dive in a bit on this topic.
I like your Nagas and their Faceless ones. They would fit as an Old Gods faction.

Now, to my fanwank faction.
The Protectorate of Kalimdor:
[...]
I like the general idea, however, I would say high elves are all dead/blood elves by wc4 (which I imagine in a distant futur) and tauren mixed up instead of furbolgs (the protectorate can have good relation/be helpful to the furbolgs but or some reason I don't see the appeal of making them playable).

Now for why the Tauren would be there. I see the Horde going back to their old ways after years of failed redemption. Imagine Garrosh is not "this terrible thing that happened to the new Horde", but just "the first sign that the horde will always be what it once was".

When the orcs fully go back to their conquering ways, the goblins and ogres (maybe the trolls, but I'd like a troll faction) would follow, but the tauren be like "yo guys we don't agree, peace and love" and get ass pounded. Driven out of Mulgore, they use their connections through the druids circles (Cenarion Circle is the name??) to seek refuge with the NE.

I also like your covenant idea. Blood elves and Forsaken distance themselves with the Horde and take a more aggressive stance in the Northern Eastern Kingdom, while the Horde mainly acts in Kalimdor.

So you have two main conflict: in Kalimdor, the Horde vs the Protectorate, and in the Eastern Kingdoms, the Alliance vs the Covenant, then Troll and Naga as more of a background threat to all (acting on both continents).

In terms of units, I'd see the protectorate with a large tanky melee frontline with Draenei paladins (justiciar?vindicator?) and Tauren warriors (the latter would have more damage but the former would have some sort of healing/magic), Night elven Sentinel backline damage dealers and mix of NE druids, Tauren shamans and draenei... mages? for utilitary spellcasters.

The Horde would have their wc3 best melee/ground unit trait, with grunts being the most powerful t1 units, ogres for higher level, mix of ogre-magi, shamans and goblin techguys as offensive type support spellcasters.

Alliance would be relatively well rounded but better at defense because of gnomish/dwarven tech. Powerful late game air with gryphons and such, lotsa heal on the ground with human priests...

Covenant would be zerglike or wc3 scourgelike with the forsaken being the bulk of their forces, but the BE part would be high cost powerful mages, maybe some bloodknights. Basically the idea is to show the undead part as endless and expandable whereas the blood elves are still few and each one of them is valuable.

No idea yet for nagas and trolls, be intrested to see them together with some old gods mix, like the trolls had to go to them in hope of restoring their strenght of old and rebuild an empire or smthing .

Ill think more of units and such if you're alright with me using some of your ideas Yaskaleh .
Old 01-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhulDjinn View Post
I like the general idea, however, I would say high elves are all dead/blood elves by wc4 (which I imagine in a distant futur) and tauren mixed up instead of furbolgs (the protectorate can have good relation/be helpful to the furbolgs but or some reason I don't see the appeal of making them playable).

Now for why the Tauren would be there. I see the Horde going back to their old ways after years of failed redemption. Imagine Garrosh is not "this terrible thing that happened to the new Horde", but just "the first sign that the horde will always be what it once was".

When the orcs fully go back to their conquering ways, the goblins and ogres (maybe the trolls, but I'd like a troll faction) would follow, but the tauren be like "yo guys we don't agree, peace and love" and get ass pounded. Driven out of Mulgore, they use their connections through the druids circles (Cenarion Circle is the name??) to seek refuge with the NE.

I also like your covenant idea. Blood elves and Forsaken distance themselves with the Horde and take a more aggressive stance in the Northern Eastern Kingdom, while the Horde mainly acts in Kalimdor.

So you have two main conflict: in Kalimdor, the Horde vs the Protectorate, and in the Eastern Kingdoms, the Alliance vs the Covenant, then Troll and Naga as more of a background threat to all (acting on both continents).

In terms of units, I'd see the protectorate with a large tanky melee frontline with Draenei paladins (justiciar?vindicator?) and Tauren warriors (the latter would have more damage but the former would have some sort of healing/magic), Night elven Sentinel backline damage dealers and mix of NE druids, Tauren shamans and draenei... mages? for utilitary spellcasters.

The Horde would have their wc3 best melee/ground unit trait, with grunts being the most powerful t1 units, ogres for higher level, mix of ogre-magi, shamans and goblin techguys as offensive type support spellcasters.

Alliance would be relatively well rounded but better at defense because of gnomish/dwarven tech. Powerful late game air with gryphons and such, lotsa heal on the ground with human priests...

Covenant would be zerglike or wc3 scourgelike with the forsaken being the bulk of their forces, but the BE part would be high cost powerful mages, maybe some bloodknights. Basically the idea is to show the undead part as endless and expandable whereas the blood elves are still few and each one of them is valuable.

No idea yet for nagas and trolls, be intrested to see them together with some old gods mix, like the trolls had to go to them in hope of restoring their strenght of old and rebuild an empire or smthing .

Ill think more of units and such if you're alright with me using some of your ideas Yaskaleh .
No, no blood elf sympathizers allowed.

you can play with the horde and the Forsaken/blood elves, just keep your fel claws out of my Protectorate.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:15 PM

Demon Hunter

Blood elf sympathizer? Don't insult me please.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:08 PM

Eternal Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhulDjinn View Post
Blood elf sympathizer? Don't insult me please.
Likewise.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:43 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Girls, girls. 'Let's not bicker, and argue, about who killed who.'
...Triumvirate has it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Triumvirate; you weird.
Welcome to the club. Have a drink on the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I like this guy.
If you're interested in creating custom factions & heroes in Warcraft 3, I mod that over at The Hive Workshop (Also at Wc3C.net).

My primary Project Thread:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...ehere_.303712/

Tags
fanwank, rts, warcraft, wololo