Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You watched the final season?
Not yet. But I know what's about to happen.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Not yet. But I know what's about to happen.
Well I can't spoil it for you then.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Elune

Walt was sympathetic to me until the last episode, and then nothing changed

#teamWalt!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

I could always sympathize with Walt, but if you ask me he lost all pretense of being the good guy of the story in the first season when he turned down Gretchen and Elliot's money.

It is very is to see Walt's motivations, its just difficult to accept his means as anything other than villainous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-21-2013, 08:24 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 AM

Demon Hunter

Apparently there was a scene written for the finale that didn't make it set a little bit after him seeing Eliot and Gretchen on tv. He runs into one of his old students, pays him off, and then before leaving asks how he was as a teacher, to which the student says he was good.

I can sort of imagine that playing out well. Walt just had his Grey Matter 'fame' cut down, and needed to know he was good at this, at the least.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.

Last edited by Gandred; 10-24-2013 at 01:05 AM.. Reason: wrong words
Old 10-24-2013, 12:44 AM

The draconic Titleless - Mod
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandred View Post
Apparently there was a scene shot for the finale that didn't make it set a little bit after him seeing Eliot and Gretchen on tv. He runs into one of his old students, pays him off, and then before leaving asks how he was as a teacher, to which the student says he was good.

I can sort of imagine that playing out well. Walt just had his Grey Matter 'fame' cut down, and needed to know he was good at this, at the least.
The scene was written but not shot.

Quote:
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Old 10-24-2013, 01:04 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfElfDragon View Post
The scene was written but not shot.
Ah, apologies.
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:28 AM

Eternal

I will really miss this show. It's very rare for me to find a show and watch it all in a few days without getting at least a bit bored. I just wish we'd find out what does Jesse do after Walter dies.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Old 12-31-2013, 06:12 AM
BattleTag: CptCarrot #1688

So I was rewatching some random Breaking Bad scenes tonight and I discovered something

Y’know the dude that Jesse sees at the Plaza that sketches him out in “Rabid Dog”? The dude who was just waiting for his kid?

Turns out he was at the meeting with Declan in "Say My Name"!

Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Quote:
So I was rewatching some random Breaking Bad scenes tonight and I discovered something

Y’know the dude that Jesse sees at the Plaza that sketches him out in “Rabid Dog”? The dude who was just waiting for his kid?

Turns out he was at the meeting with Declan in "Say My Name"
*gasp*!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:27 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Little Brock get's poisoned by Walt, and Andrea is killed by Todd.
Okay. I'm now at episode 3 of season 5. What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I call bullshit on Walt poisoning the kid. I mean yeah, there's no way to deny it's happened, but from a story point of view... let's ignore the fact that Walt had holed himself up in his house to not get murdered - because that would have happened had he gone out. Let's ignore that he may or may not may have gotten, dunno, Saul to do it. Sounds unlikely in his state of mind, but whatever.

No what pisses ME as a viewer off is that THE MOST visual and thematical distinction of Walter White is NOT that he's evil, selfish, arrogant and kinda dumb in some respects - no, it's the fact that he's a damn bad lier. I mean "look at me, i'm lieing"-bad. The man couldn't lie to save his life. There is _no_way_in_hell_ that his performance of telling Jessie that he didn't do it was a lie. There just isn't. The "Gus did it"-part? Yeah. Lie as fuck. But the "i didn't do it"? No.

Is there any info if that was a last-second decission? Because it damn well looks like someone wrote the Jessie -scene and someone entirely different wrote the end.

Also: Lydia's German is practically unintelligable to a native speaker.

Last edited by Commander Rotal; 01-06-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
Also: Lydia's German is practically unintelligable to a native speaker.
That's pretty common in US-TV shows. This wasn't even that bad. You should watch Spartacus from season 2 onwards, when a bunch of germanic slaves join the revolt. It's hilarious.
Hammerbrew commenting on Anders Behring Breivik's killing spree - 2017
Old 01-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Sha of Disappointment

I know it's common, it just stands out in that episode because the other german speakers do a way better job ^^ (and i'm fairly certain one of them was an Austrian.)
Old 01-07-2014, 04:55 AM

Elune

Quote:
I know it's common, it just stands out in that episode because the other german speakers do a way better job ^^ (and i'm fairly certain one of them was an Austrian.)
You think that's bad? How about having a main character where a big deal of his characterization and plot come from his nationality only to have him voiced by an American without even anyone coaching him in that language. The voice actor is, I am quite certain, literally reading Serbian Latin text without any understanding of pronunciation or anything whatsoever.

Which is doubly sad because Serbian is spoken as it is written, had he only learned the 30 letters and how they sound he would speak very well using the "read only" method.

Welcome to GTAIV
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Goddess. Serbia wins this round, i guess.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Elune

Quote:
Goddess. Serbia wins this round, i guess.
Thank you, I'd feel proud for winning but...
Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

So I've started watching it finally. I'm on episode 4. TBH I haven't felt any real draw to continue, but I'm told that I have to wait till S2 to decide if I like it or not.

At this point it could basically be a radio drama. Literally you could just listen to the dialogue and you'd miss almost nothing.
Except for Aaron tripping on meth and mistaking the Mormons for bikers, that was hilarious.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:20 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufin View Post
So I've started watching it finally. I'm on episode 4. TBH I haven't felt any real draw to continue, but I'm told that I have to wait till S2 to decide if I like it or not.

At this point it could basically be a radio drama. Literally you could just listen to the dialogue and you'd miss almost nothing.
Except for Aaron tripping on meth and mistaking the Mormons for bikers, that was hilarious.
I enjoyed it from the very start but, in fairness, the first half of S1 is a slow-boil. But give it time, next thing you know you'll be halfway into S3 and can't get enough.

Part of what makes the show so good is the actor's performances. You'll have to watch more before you see what I mean but there's some brilliant scenes that, while it's all about the words, wouldn't be nearly as good without the facial expressions and body language of some very talented actors.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:56 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Rufin#1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
I enjoyed it from the very start but, in fairness, the first half of S1 is a slow-boil. But give it time, next thing you know you'll be halfway into S3 and can't get enough.

Part of what makes the show so good is the actor's performances. You'll have to watch more before you see what I mean but there's some brilliant scenes that, while it's all about the words, wouldn't be nearly as good without the facial expressions and body language of some very talented actors.
That's something I've noticed since the first episode. It is extremely well acted. They do a damn good job of acting like you'd expect someone to react in real life. All the body motions are facial expressions seem so organic compared to a lot of other shows.

Just finished S1.
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
Shut up your nipples are useless.
I'm a bit slow, but it's awesome.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:16 PM

Site Staff - Admin

Shadow Orb

Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Conjeror

"Mike is used to dealing with real-world criminals, he keeps failing to understand that Walt is a cartoon super-villain."

I just read this and its actually the perfect assessment of Walt and Mike's relationship on the show - with Better Call Saul supporting that notion too. I think that one of the reasons that Mike doesn't Walt so much is because Walt is a liar. Whether you're a cop or a criminal, Mike thinks if you make a deal with someone you should keep your word - which Walter is just unable to do.

Tags
#cowhouse, entertainment, hank kills dumbledore, television, wololo, you got me