Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtheria View Post
That's a mess, yeah. I find it unlikely, however, that she would have the val'kyr before the worgen starting zone and never once use them - greater or lesser - to assault the Gilneans. In fact, if she had them, she wouldn't have needed the worgen because she could rain lesser val'kyr down upon Gilneas City from above, killing and raising every citizen she could find.

Aside from their complete absence, it'd be odd for her to show up with val'kyr, tell Garrosh to bugger off, start the invasion, force the Gilneans to evacuate, get pushed back, and then show off the val'kyr. It seems more likely that they start the invasion, force the Gilneans to evacuate, get pushed back, show up with val'kyr, tell Garry to suck it, then call him in to show them off.

I also find that it makes some level of sense for her to leave mid-invasion, since Garrosh apparently commanded it while she was gone - the only point at which that seems likely is during the time between Gilneas and Silverpine's questlines.

The three stories don't mesh well, though, that's true.
I think a part of the issue with the way Edge of Night is laid out is that some of it is nothing more than a vision of what's to come. While they do have the Wall opened up, it doesn't seem as if they have managed to make it past there yet, which means that the attack on Duskhaven could not have occurred yet; otherwise they would have already been inside and taking things over, and Sylvanas wouldn't be sending ships around to try and draw attention away from their attacks on the wall. Even with the crashing of the zeppelin during the Worgen leveling process, the Forsaken still would have had enough of a foot hold to not be dislodged.

Further, since we know that Wolfheart has to happen at some point between Worgen 1-12 (where the Worgen go to Darnassus and seek membership with the Alliance) and Forsaken 10-20, Garrosh couldn't have been in Silverpine throwing the Forsaken at the Gilnean Wall and in Ashenvale at the same time; and even if he could, wasn't he surprised to see the Val'kyr with Sylvanas when she gave a demonstration of what they could do?

...like I said, at this point the entire Gilneas Invasion is such a mess that trying to make it all make sense requires a bottle of elixir and selective ignoring of certain aspects, be they in the game or otherwise.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:58 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

It makes sense the less you think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 PM

The Sun King

Quote:
The Forsaken have been 'conveniently' missing from most of Mists of Pandaria to prevent them from learning anything that could pop their 'dark humor bubble' (as ARM dubbed it), so they're likely to continue their theme of being dickasses to the Alliance,
IF any of their narrative ever continues.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Forsaken are a favorite of Blizzard's, of course it will continue.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:16 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post
Chances are it will. The Forsaken were plenty dicks to the Alliance the few times they showed up in Burning Crusade, and certainly were in Wrath.

Besides, the devs sure love them some Sylvanas. Plus she's a cheap and easy way to get an emotional response out of people, so it's win-win for the devs who would probably prefer to avoid apathy as a response to future plot developments.

As an aside, does anyone have a source for the comment that Sylvanas is 'too toxic' to use? I know I heard it in the whining thread, but it didn't have a link to the particular dev that said it.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Demon Hunter

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882428993

You sure it wasn't just Threeslotbag's post being mentioned?
The gnome, for example, could be impressed by the technology of a conqueror, the goblin by his riches, the elf by his respect for the arcane, the draenei by his moral integrity, the tauren by his calm authoritative bearing. But the orc, who is impressed by none of these things, must always be struck to the dust, and struck down again as he rises, and struck again as he lies groaning. ‘While his wounds still pain him he will respect the hand that dealt them’.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandred View Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882428993

You sure it wasn't just Threeslotbag's post being mentioned?
Ah, I guess it was. Thanks!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM

Elune

Damn...Threeslot making a post that is somehow pertinent.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 PM

Elune

The Forsaken should be thoroughly crushed by the Alliance and either ejected from the Eastern Kingdoms outright or kept under occupation until they all die of natural causes.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.

Tags
factions, fanwank, forsaken, genocide is fun, lordaeron, stromgarde n shit, sylvanas fetishism, sylvanas rox, wololo