Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

View Poll Results: Which zone gets your hype ?
Broken Shore 3 11.11%
Stromheim 9 33.33%
Highmountain 3 11.11%
Val'Sharah 1 3.70%
Azsune 4 14.81%
Suramar 4 14.81%
I hate them all 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
There's no way they'd showcase a PH model to generate hype, they're in too deep enough shit as it is when it comes to false promises.

I think what's going to happen is that Genn will be involved helping against the Legion threats in Val'sharah and realize how serious the threat is, which will push him to venture into Stormheim to find some powerful relic to give him an edge against the Legion.
Since the zones can be done in any order, I doubt a character can be part of two zones as it could contradict the order in which you do them. Maybe Genn is in Stormheim and someone else, not necessarily a Worgen, is in Val'Sharah.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:35 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
Since the zones can be done in any order, I doubt a character can be part of two zones as it could contradict the order in which you do them. Maybe Genn is in Stormheim and someone else, not necessarily a Worgen, is in Val'Sharah.
Aah, of course, sharp comment.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I'm still wondering if they're going to follow a certain timeline going on with the narratives behind each zone or make them self-contained. Both of those options have their pros and cons, so hopefully they'll think of something.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I assume all of these stories will conclude or carry over into Suramar. I also think Stormheim is the most faction heavy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:48 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
I'm still wondering if they're going to follow a certain timeline going on with the narratives behind each zone or make them self-contained. Both of those options have their pros and cons, so hopefully they'll think of something.
I hope they're self-contained. It usually makes for better stories.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:49 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Now that BlizzCon is over, we'll hopefully get lots of info in the following weeks and months.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:49 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:00 AM

Elune

The wait for the Beta has begun...
Old 11-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Even if beta isn't that soon, I think it would be cool if some Blizzard CM or designers recorded videos of them doing a few quests or maybe a dungeon run to show us the game and explain the creative process behind some of its elements. I think that could actually hype me much more than simply launching the beta in a few weeks.

EDIT: Chris Metzen telling us the story of Black Rook Hold while going through it would be pretty neat, as an example. Or Chris Robinson pointing out details and stuff like that.

Last edited by Trickster; 11-08-2015 at 11:06 AM..
Old 11-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Give it time, Gul'dan knows how to raise everything... even dicks when he's rule 63'd.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 AM

Banished

Interesting, only makes me more confused how there's this entire other continent we apparently knew nothing about (Vrykul, Nightborne, etc) - Northrend for example, we knew about even though it wasn't in-game to begin with.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Even if beta isn't that soon, I think it would be cool if some Blizzard CM or designers recorded videos of them doing a few quests or maybe a dungeon run to show us the game and explain the creative process behind some of its elements. I think that could actually hype me much more than simply launching the beta in a few weeks.

EDIT: Chris Metzen telling us the story of Black Rook Hold while going through it would be pretty neat, as an example. Or Chris Robinson pointing out details and stuff like that.
An Artcraft featuring the new Worgen models perhaps!
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Genn and the Skyfire are in Stormheim?

Can I Change my vote?

(I was guessing the gunship that died in the cinematic was the Skyfire >.>)
King Genn Greymane is preparing to take the mighty Skyfire to the bluffs of Stormheim to locate the Aegis of Aggramar. However, this land serves as the capital of an ancient vrykul clan who's leader also seeks the power of the Aegis and will stop at nothing to take its power for himself.

From the Scouting Map.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Elune

The new breed of blue dragons mentioned at the original announcement still has my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Interesting, only makes me more confused how there's this entire other continent we apparently knew nothing about (Vrykul, Nightborne, etc) - Northrend for example, we knew about even though it wasn't in-game to begin with.
It gets weird because we clearly knew about some zones. The Highmountain have shown up throughout the franchise since the WotA trilogy, the druid enclave in the region is old and the wardens have their own fortress in the place. Yet WotLK makes it quite clear that the vrykul were completely unknown, and the Nightborne are pretty much the exact thing the long vigil should have struck against.

(The druid enclave also causes some oddities with the pre-WoW timeline, namely what the heck these guys were doing when Gul'dan was using evil dark fel-magicks two islands over in WC2, or when Illidan was traipsing around the place in WC3)

To counter plot-holes with plot-holes, everyone in Northrend somehow missed the giant fortress full of sleeping giant barbarians, so vrykul obviously emit a 'not-my-problem' field. And the sentinels apparently completely ignored the shen'dralar, even when they became a demon-draining murder-cult, so they could just be massively incompetent.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:56 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
The new breed of blue dragons mentioned at the original announcement still has my interest.

It gets weird because we clearly knew about some zones. The Highmountain have shown up throughout the franchise since the WotA trilogy, the druid enclave in the region is old and the wardens have their own fortress in the place. Yet WotLK makes it quite clear that the vrykul were completely unknown, and the Nightborne are pretty much the exact thing the long vigil should have struck against.

(The druid enclave also causes some oddities with the pre-WoW timeline, namely what the heck these guys were doing when Gul'dan was using evil dark fel-magicks two islands over in WC2, or when Illidan was traipsing around the place in WC3)

To counter plot-holes with plot-holes, everyone in Northrend somehow missed the giant fortress full of sleeping giant barbarians, so vrykul obviously emit a 'not-my-problem' field. And the sentinels apparently completely ignored the shen'dralar, even when they became a demon-draining murder-cult, so they could just be massively incompetent.
Sleeping in the Emerald Dream perhaps
Old 11-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
Sleeping in the Emerald Dream perhaps
Point.

That whole 'horn of Cenarius' really was kind of an insecure set-up, wasn't it?
Old 11-08-2015, 12:16 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post

Highmountain-named Tauren, I suppose, could be explained as having appeared elsewhere on Azeroth as being different from the Highmountain Tribe we'll be meeting. Possibly some of them in different areas when Sundering happened?

Point taken on the Vrykul, though it's possible that, given the Alliance forces there during WC3 didn't exactly have time to explore, they may simply not of noticed Utgarde Keep, or figured they didn't have time to explore. Most likely this is just a case of WC3s limits/Wrath needing more content so I guess it's only fair to take that with a pinch of salt.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:43 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerbrew View Post
Highmountain-named Tauren, I suppose, could be explained as having appeared elsewhere on Azeroth as being different from the Highmountain Tribe we'll be meeting. Possibly some of them in different areas when Sundering happened?

Point taken on the Vrykul, though it's possible that, given the Alliance forces there during WC3 didn't exactly have time to explore, they may simply not of noticed Utgarde Keep, or figured they didn't have time to explore. Most likely this is just a case of WC3s limits/Wrath needing more content so I guess it's only fair to take that with a pinch of salt.
Maybe Utgarde was stuck in a glacier and it melted when the Arthas woke up shortly before BC? That would be pretty cool.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:48 PM

Elune

Everything is still pretty handwave-able without going into farfetched territories.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:56 PM

Banished

Quote:
Maybe Utgarde was stuck in a glacier and it melted when the Arthas woke up shortly before BC? That would be pretty cool.
That's now my headcanon. Awesome, ty!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM

Elune

Honestly, none of them. Don't hate them, more of just meh.

They all just feel and look like places that we have been and seen before.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:07 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Honestly I am surprised.

Did hammer take anger management lessons? I mean not even a single mention of autism or anything that seems over the top of "HAMMER SMASH TINY KEYBOARD" "HAMMER DEFEAT BAD MIFFY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH"
Old 11-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Ganishka #1520

Azsune is my favorite. Stormheim is a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Baras
A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowordfun
The next time you feel like you're about to be triggered, put the barrel in your mouth.
Old 11-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Azsune, Suramar and Stormheim.
I like your tastes.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!
Old 11-08-2015, 01:19 PM

Banished

All of them minus Highmountain and Valshelaran(?) or w.e