Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 02:15 AM

Arch-Druid

PvP Symbol - Horde No more warchiefs, please

Warchief system is not that good. I think that the Horde needs the council system much more than Alliance. Because Alliance is already sort of a council and it's too white and honorable now to have serious leadership problems. I'll even go as far as to say that the Alliance leadership system was one of the critical things that allowed its survival after the fall of Lordaeron. Yeap, The Alliance kinda fell, but at the same time all the surviving factions successfully banded together with the leadership moved from Lordaeron to Theramore and Ironforge. And later Stormwind.
You know, back in MoP I really hoped that after the death of Garrosh there would be no new warchief. Because too many things in the Horde are dependant solely on his decisions and his mindset. So I hoped that the races of the Horde would realise that and turn leadership of their faction into something more akin to the Alliance one with all leaders being equal and the 'high king' actually being nothing more but a supreme commander of the united Alliance army.
This thought popped out of my head because of the new spoilers. Yes, I know that the Horde will obviously manage to overcome their new problem with leadership in Legion, but an event like this could've been fatal for the Horde. In this retrospective, 'dismantling of the Horde' would've not been so bad, if done right, with tauren, blood elves and goblins becoming neutral friendly with the Alliance. Trolls and no so bloodthirsty orcs as neutrals and the undead, well, i'm speculating way too much right now.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:34 AM

Elune

I think that, with the fall of Garrosh and now the interim-warchief Sylvanas, it is already the case. The Warchief hasn't shown much power the last expansion, I think the title is already more in name than functional. Especially if Sylvanas gets the title, I don't think she'll get much support in Kalimdor. The Horde will probably function more like a council of member-states.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:01 AM

Site Staff - Admin

Orc Icon (War3)

Shhh! The Warchief might hear you.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:13 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Dissolve the office of the Warchief. Transition the Horde to a republic. Elect a senate. Become a modern state.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:17 AM

Banished

In place of a Warchief a Warmatron

Old 11-24-2015, 05:26 AM

Elune

The Horde never learning from its mistakes is a running theme and about the only consistent thing left in Warcraft's narrative.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:17 AM

Banished

Too late to have a better Horde.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Well, just how much does it matter who's Warchief when the individual Horde races are free to rebel and defy any orders that Warchief gives?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 AM

Eternal

Don't know what you guys are talking about but im assuming that its. THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A CONTROVERSY WHERE THE HORDE GETS OFF SCOT FREE.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Well, just how much does it matter who's Warchief when the individual Horde races are free to rebel and defy any orders that Warchief gives?
Meanwhile Alliance has become Wrynn Empire.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:22 AM

Eternal

Having an empire implies that you actually win.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:23 AM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Do you really think this game has any sort of thought put into its politics. They can barely put together cohesive story flow while catering to children.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:23 AM

Banished

The Wrynnocracy then? Lawfulgoodoverdriveville?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:24 AM

Eternal

lawful stupid demanded by a player base that doesn't want to be BAD GUYS WHO HATE HORDE cause horde is literally never wrong, literally literally
Old 11-24-2015, 07:29 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Dissolve the office of the Warchief. Transition the Horde to a republic. Elect a senate. Become a modern state.
It would certainly be amusing if the Horde became the first multi-national state (apart from arguably Ironforge) in Azeroth to do so.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:55 PM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Post I think I'm arriving a little late to the party

What do you mean, "interim-warchief Sylvanas"? I thought the Horde already has a warchief - Vol'jin. Granted, he hasn't done too good a job of it, but still.

Although if you're not kidding and she really is interim-warchief, I'm not going to object either on a meta or in-universe level. If the Horde are actually stupid enough to entrust war-time leadership to an undead elf with no regard for the lives of the living and a mean-streak a mile wide then they deserve every consequence they suffer as a result.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
lawful stupid demanded by a player base that doesn't want to be BAD GUYS WHO HATE HORDE cause horde is literally never wrong, literally literally
Honestly, this is kind of what disappointed me about the whole faction war. I mean, the whole idea was pretty stupid even without this, but I kind of wish I had something resembling a decent reason to fight the Alliance. In the end, they were only responsible for a few relatively minor incidents.

How the hell am I supposed to want to fight the Alliance under those conditions? The whole thing was entirely unmotivating. Even as a Forsaken fan, I put more blame on Garrosh than I ever did on the Worgen. He was the one who forced that whole issue.

Lawful stupid is such a boring opponent. If there has to be a faction war, I'd rather both sides took things seriously.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:30 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Agreed. The title of Warchief carries way too much baggage. Vol'jin's job should be to put himself out of a job.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 11-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Arch-Druid

You think this is bad.

Wait until anduin is king.

Even better

wait until little Degran Thaurissan Bronzebeard is king.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:34 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Unless changing the way we look at WoW forever means getting rid of the Warchief title y'all better get used to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:01 PM

Warden

While I am all for the removal of such antiquated titles and the regimes they represent, Peacechief does not roll off the tongue quite so nicely.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Horde aesthetics and concepts can never truly be compromised. All non-Thrall warchiefs will be temporary.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:13 PM

Warden

So the solution is kill Thrall?
Old 11-24-2015, 10:39 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Yeah, the new title should be Hordak.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:10 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
So the solution is kill Thrall?
Don't expect that'll be necessary. The miserable bastard is going to give up hope and leave the Ehancement Shaman to take up his hammer - his Doomhammer, no less.

My only real regret about that particular turn of events is that I won't be able to partake of it because I'm not going to buy Legion and its prerequisite expansion pack, and wouldn't even if you paid me billions of euro to do so. Why would I want it, then? Suffice it to say, if I was still playing then my old Goblin shaman from the time of Cataclysm would be honoured to take up his old friend's weapon (and sad that he can't go on fighting but that's another story) and it would be a real deep full-circle story that I'd have liked to have... experienced? Been a part of? Whatever, you get the idea.

Tags
horde bias, warcraft