Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 11-25-2015, 09:20 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
Don't expect that'll be necessary. The miserable bastard is going to give up hope and leave the Ehancement Shaman to take up his hammer - his Doomhammer, no less.
Well of course it isn't necessary, but I would love to see it happen regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Thunderlords View Post
My only real regret about that particular turn of events is that I won't be able to partake of it because I'm not going to buy Legion and its prerequisite expansion pack, and wouldn't even if you paid me billions of euro to do so. Why would I want it, then? Suffice it to say, if I was still playing then my old Goblin shaman from the time of Cataclysm would be honoured to take up his old friend's weapon (and sad that he can't go on fighting but that's another story) and it would be a real deep full-circle story that I'd have liked to have... experienced? Been a part of? Whatever, you get the idea.
You have my condolences.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:40 AM

Sentinel Queen
BattleTag: Loboan#2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Well of course it isn't necessary, but I would love to see it happen regardless.

You have my condolences.
I would have said the same thing 1 expansion ago, before the Nagrand finale. Thrall getting the stuffing knocked out of him and called out by Garrosh (only Garrosh had the stones to criticise Thrall without being a villain, so even more apprppriate) was therapeutic enough for me, it turns out. Still, I personally would like to do the same with that felweed-smoking asshat Vol'jin who I keep hearing is in charge of the Horde but whose influence I didn't see a trace of during WoD.

Umm, thanks I guess. It's not that big a deal, really.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:30 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Dissolve the office of the Warchief. Transition the Horde to a republic. Elect a senate. Become a modern state.
The Warsenate
Old 11-27-2015, 06:35 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
The Warsenate
Overlords are replaced with exwarchs. The high shaman is replaced with the warsifex. The equivalent of SAC will be known as wargister militum.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:48 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Overlords are replaced with exwarchs. The high shaman is replaced with the warsifex. The equivalent of SAC will be known as wargister militum.
The Warident shall be surrounded by a War Cabinet with the Secrewary of the Interiwar, Warery and Warfield Security.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:53 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
The Warident shall be surrounded by a War Cabinet with the Secrewary of the Interiwar, Warery and Warfield Security.
As part of this government reform, ambassadwars are sent to the alliance capitals, Pandaria and uldum, where the horde has been allowed to establish embwarsies. Legally, these are considered horde territwary.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Instead of a warchief we need a Warboss.

or a

Waaaghchief.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:51 PM

Arch-Druid

I hope it doesn't count as necroposting, cause (patch 8.3 spoilers) the Horde is finally ruled by the new council instead of another warchief!

Anduin: I know it's difficult to trust, but there are signs of change within the Horde. In place of a warchief, there is now a council led by Baine, Thrall, and the others. I believe they can--
Old 10-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Lor'themar: The Alliance has sent word. They have agreed to the armistice. This bitter war is finally over.
Baine: At last we can begin to heal our wounded Earth Mother... and the wounded Horde as well.
Lor'themar: One question remains. Who will serve as warchief? Perhaps, you, Thrall, would--
Thrall: No. I told Saurfang I would not lead the Horde again.
Thrall: But perhaps the question is not who will become warchief... but whether there should be one at all.
Lor'themar: Though the Horde has changed through the years--for good or ill--our people have always looked to a warchief to guide us forward.
Baine: That legacy must end. The war nearly cost us everything. There is no place for a warchief in a time of peace.
Thrall: It is true--the Horde has changed. Our ranks have grown, and new voices have stepped forth to lead.
Thrall: This is what makes us strong. All of us, building a new future--together.
Rokhan: Since da death of Vol'jin, da Darkspear been lookin' ta me ta guide dem.
Rokhan: I been fightin' for dem a long, long time... but dat don't mean I deserve ta be deir chieftain.
Baine: I felt much the same when my father died. It happened suddenly, and I feared that I was unprepared to take his place.
Baine: But I was ready, just as you are. You proved that in Zuldazar and at Stromgarde. The Darkspear have faith in you, and so do I.
Rokhan: Heh. Ya best be stoppin' da flattery, Baine, before it be goin' ta me head.
Rokhan: But... da Darkspear do be needin' a leader. A voice on da council. And if it gotta be me... den it be me.
Baine: Trust your judgment, Rokhan. It has led you this far.
Rokhan: It be havin' a lotta help. From da Darkspear, from da loa... and from da Horde.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Elune

The Horde is a Red Alliance without a warchief, but we're so far gone at this point that it doesn't even really matter.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
The Horde is a Red Alliance without a warchief, but we're so far gone at this point that it doesn't even really matter.
The Alliance having been a Blue Horde for ages is the more annoying thing, imo.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Unforunately, its worse than that.
The Hordes actually now far closer to the dictionary definition of Alliance/the old Wc1&2 Alliance than Wows incarnation because of the dumb, shoehorned "High King" bullshit.

Now the Alliance has a warchief and the Horde has the council and neither makes sense. Completely ridiculous.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:15 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'danak View Post
Unforunately, its worse than that.
The Hordes actually now far closer to the dictionary definition of Alliance/the old Wc1&2 Alliance than Wows incarnation because of the dumb, shoehorned "High King" bullshit.

Now the Alliance has a warchief and the Horde has the council and neither makes sense. Completely ridiculous.
the alliance has a hereditary monarchy the title of warchief was not hereditary
Old 10-13-2019, 05:28 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Not necessarily true. We have never had a Warchief with children die without being usurped. It is easy to forget the whole modern history of Warcraft from the First War to the end of this latest one is just 35 years or so. That is why it is so silly, these people have been essentially non-stop fighting especially in the WoW era against some horrible enemies. How is anyone still alive let alone with functional societies?
Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Lyvef1re#1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
The High King was not stated to be hereditary when it was introduced either, it was in fact expressly called out as being awarded to Varian specifically for his own ties to all the Alliance.

It being hereditary may have been implied by the "king" title but that doesn't gel with the original explanation nor does it make any damn sense that the rest of the Alliance would agree to put all their faith in one bloodline, hell even Varian wouldnt off at that stage. He only actually started believing Anduin had grown enough for leadership far later on.

That being said, i get that you are likely right and that they see it as hereditary. It does not make the concept or execution any less stupid though. :/

Tags
horde bias, warcraft