Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 AM

Arch-Druid

Blood Elves have Persian influence too.

Another head canon:

- Velen sent some of his forces to different worlds to recruit and assemble an Army of Light. They are the elite etc, that split when Draenei where traveling. Velen keeps in touch. Reason he is confident that Army will prevail, is that it's bloody huge and has several worlds backing it up. He is just waiting to convert the Azeroth into the cause.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicious View Post
Nope, I'm dutch.

Dwarven quisine is based on scottisch cooking. Night Elven on Japanese, lots o' fish. Indian/Indonesian for Trolls. Dark Irons roast everything above a smokey fire. Blood elfs, Roman. Always imagined them drinking wine and eating grapes for some reason.
Ohai other dutch person.

Night elf cooking in the games is pretty obviously based on korea. They've got all dem kimchi, and a reference has been made to nakji
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 AM

Wisp
BattleTag: Silvio#2843

O right, forgot about those dailies...

Got the idea from the rice and cakes, but I didn't want to use chinese because of the panda's

Tauren eat cornbread, so obviously Native american.
Undead.. ugh. Wonder what the Kor'kron guards in UC get to eat.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 AM

Wisp
BattleTag: Silvio#2843

Never mind, The underity orcs eat Escargot.

French Orcs
Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 AM

Elune

Quote:
Never mind, The underity orcs eat Escargot.

French Orcs
Makes you wonder if this is Blizzard's take that at people who mock the French's military prowess, by making the best warrior race somewhat French.

Also makes you wonder if C9H20 is looking too much into things.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Do we know if they like them? I mean, you don't have to like eating snails just because a french forsaken offers you a snail.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 AM

Elune

Invincible, Last Days of the Alliance, and the Stormwind theme are also popular hymns amongst the Church of the Holy Light.

The first is sung on the crowning of a monarch and the funeral of a monarch.

The second is sung when blessing soldiers before sending them off to war.

The third is to celebrate victory in war or to commemorate a victory.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies´┐Ż strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night´┐Ż live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Eternal

• While the Third War had been unraveling in the north, Lord Garithos had been helping defend a recuperating Stormwind from the Blackrock Orcs due to his firm belief that Humans should be helping fellow Humans first and foremost. During his stay there, he saw the devastation in the former northern territories of Stormwind caused by the Dark Iron Dwarves when they summoned Ragnaros. This added to his bigotry against non-Humans. His shield with the lion crest is a gift from Stormwind nobility for his help during his stay in the kingdom.
  • The Syndicate tricked King Magni into not helping Stromgarde by claiming they were the ones who kidnapped Moira. By the time King Magni learned it was actually the Dark Irons who have Moira, Stromgarde had already fallen.
  • Ever since Vanilla WoW, Balnazzar coordinated the efforts of the Burning Legion loyalists throughout the vicinity. The Scarlet Crusade would focus against the Scourge in the Plaguelands, Varimathras would focus on undermining the Forsaken, while the Argus Wake would manipulate the Syndicate against hostile forces in Hillsbrad and Arathi Highlands.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM

Elune

Quote:
O right, forgot about those dailies...

Got the idea from the rice and cakes, but I didn't want to use chinese because of the panda's

Tauren eat cornbread, so obviously Native american.
Undead.. ugh. Wonder what the Kor'kron guards in UC get to eat.
Nog een Nederlander!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Kil'jaeden and Sargeras are have become bitter rivals. Sargeras wants to come back and take the reigns of the Legion again. KJ thinks he's been running it better since Sargeras went out of commission. Thus starts a terrible, bloody civil war between Legion factions. And the battleground: Azeroth and Outland. Sargeras, being a former titan, is moving on the titanic cities to awaken their power for his cause. Imagine Sargeras managing to get watchers, tol'vir and iron dwarves/vrykul for his armies. He might even have the power to glass the planet if he gets control of Uldum and the power to make more armies with the Forge of Wills. Also, he thinks he has a buddy in Azshara as well, but her loyalties to him are called into question with her rubbing shoulders with Old Gods.

Meanwhile, KJ is trying to take the reigns of his old pet project, the Scourge. He makes the San'alyn his personal retinue of retainers.

The existing legion was split down the middle. Most of the eredar, shivarra, wrathguard, and doomguards sided with KJ. The Pit Lords, mo'arg/gan'arg/felguards side with Sargeras. The Nathrezim have agents split between the two factions, actually trying to actively play both sides to their advantage.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Eternal

Instead of saying "go medieval" as a euphemism for beating the shit out of of something, Orcs say "Go old Horde."

Trolls say "go Drakkari"

Gnomes don't beat the shit out of anything.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Elune

Ahune was not originally a servant of Neptulon, but an elemental lord native to outland (like cyrukh and murmur). Weakened by the destruction of Draenor, he became a servant of Neptulon after the dark portal opened.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:24 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

The Flowerpicker Tribe exists. However, it wasn't orcish. Yeah, that's right. Was. You monster.

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Druid of the Claw

- Around the same time that the Shen'dralar headed to Teldrassil in order to rejoin the rest of the night elves, a number of Highborne still loyal to their beloved Azshara infiltrated Darnassus. Maiev learned of this, though when neither Tyrande or Malfurion believed her she was forced to take matters into her own hands.

- Queen Azshara seeks to play the Burning Legion and Old Gods against each other.

Credit for the brilliant signature above goes to Rethomar:

http://hamoth.deviantart.com/gallery/
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Arch-Druid

Just a few things:

- During the Second War, hundreds (maybe thousands) of Dwarven refugees went into Ironforge. To make room for these Dwarves, some old tunnels and residential areas were opened up and others were actually dug into the mountain. Quickly, a sects of poor folks who couldn't afford proper lodgings were put into these newly dug tunnels. Over the course of the war, these groups degenerated into gangs that competed over territory and the like. The eventual winner of this gang war was Hulfdan Blackbeard and the open battles on the streets only just ended when Magni Bronzebeard instituted the thief catchers.

- Varian was always more of a warrior than a king and this came from Stormwind's military culture. Lately, however, he has taken to asking himself with every decision... "What would Terenas do?"

- Ner'zhul is still in the Helm of Domination, biding his time.

- The Twin Eredar from the Sunwell patch were consorts of Kil'Jaeden. Though demonic eredar don't really have a sex drive as much as a love of violence, these ladies were given the title.

- Malfurion finds himself haunted by his choice to deny his people immortality. Not because he thought it was the wrong choice... but because he always thought they'd have the opportunity to ask for Nozdormu to give it back had they needed it for some reason.

- Liam Greymane became an alcoholic after the fall of Gilneas. This one's implied in the starting area, but never stated.

- Othmar Garithos' father was named Farengar. His friends called him Fojar.

- The Highborne in Darnassus have a contingency plan in case Tyrande ever decides they are no longer welcome on Darnassus. This plan... does not bode well for Teldrassil.

- Moira was very indecisive about what to name her son.

- I also really like what Fojar mentioned about relating the music of Stormwind, Last Days of the Alliance and Invincible... though I'd possibly have Invincible be a royally commissioned song by Arthas about his horse.

- Genn is resentful of his family that they never became worgen. He thus left them on Darnassus when he journeyed to Stormwind.

- Tyrande's plan of attack against the Temple of the Red Crane would have ended with minimal casualties. The orcs there were THAT dumb. I mean really... RUNNING INTO BEER AND THEN INTO FIRE IS JUST... yeah.

- Danath Trollbane keeps coming up with reasons to stay at Honor Hold. He is terrified of the idea of returning to Azeroth after so long and after all he has heard about what happened to Stromgarde.

Huh... all Alliance so far. Okay, now for the Horde

- In an effort to convince himself he was the capable leader that Thrall, the spirits, and Great Mother Geyah insisted he was, Garrosh led an offensive to the Blades Edge Mountains and defeated Gruul the Dragonkiller. He was backed by Rexxar and some of the Mok'nathal. Jorin Deadeye may or may not have died against Mauglar.

- Many tauren tribes are annoyed with Baine. They respect him because they loved his father, but Baine sometimes has proved 'lacking' to them in regards to standing against the enemies of the tauren.

- Thrall inducted Gallywix as the Bilgewater leader in the Horde because the spirits let him see the goblin's self-interest would be a positive factor in the long run.

- Aggra has done things (aside from Thrall) worth note in Garadar.

- Teron Gorefiend currently possesses the Skull of Gul'dan. He's... kinda Horde.

- The fel orcs at the Dark Portal are Mag'har that the Illidari Horde had been in the process of forcefully changing when the Blood Furnace was raided.
They swore to fight for the Horde after their rescue.

- Boar's grog, the orcish drink mentioned in Cycle of Hatred, was the most popular orcish drink in the early days of the Horde. Recently, and with the supply so low because of the war, Cherry Grog has become the staple drink of the Horde's upper echelon

- Goblins stopped using turtle submarines because of the high number of drowned goblins... if you're gonna die in goblin tech. it's gotta be an explosion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM

Elune

From my Wrath of the Lich King review:

"Unfortunately, Azeroth has become just a tad tarnished over the last few thousand years, so Algalon decides to give the order to destroy the surface. Naturally, this results in the player beating him up. Algalon states that the entire thing is futile as there is no way for us to defeat him (and even if we did, the order would be sent out automatically), but frankly, I'm calling his bluff. By this point, the player has faced gods, demigods, watchers, dragon aspects and a lord of the burning legion. Algalon is a powerful, sure, but he's no Yogg-saron. The raid beats up Algalon pretty good, and he gives in. Officially, he is amazed by the tenacity of mortal life and wants to give us a fighting chance. Personally, I think he read the records a bit more thoroughly to see where all the epic loot we were carrying came from and discovered we were actually being pretty successful in reducing corruption, but didn't want to admit that he had send the signal before fully reading the records and risk us pummeling him some more."
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM

Eternal

Weldon and Alexi Barov were kicked out from their respective camps because of their conducts. When they met once again, Alexi gave way to Weldon because Weldon was the only one who can propagate the Barov lineage at that point.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM

The Sun King

I remember some...

-- Kael'thas intended backstabbing Kil'jaeden and turning him into a shiny new source of fel magic for the elves. Originally, however, he simply wanted to re-fill the Sunwell with mana gathered from Netherstorm. The latter was to become Quel'thalas's otherworldly colony with refugees settling there and mining more mana for the metropoly.

-- "The Outer Gilneas" encompasses lands of the southern Silverpine region. They include an old Gilnean Lordship of Pyrewood and the traditional Southern Lordaeronian Amberwood County. The latter is a de-jure part of the Kingdom of Lordaeron (Duchy of Silverpine, to be precise), but was inherited by the Barons of Crowley sometime before the Second War. Due to the nature of such weird de-jure landholding, Crowley Lords were considered vassals of both the Gilnean Crown and the Lordaeronian Crown (akin to the Valois's Burgundy of our world). After the Northgate Rebellion, these lands were intergrated into the last surviving holdouts of the Lordaeronian government in southern duchies, before getting divided between Dalaran and Shadowfang.

-- The Southern Duchies of Lordaeron were the centre of the "Lordaeronian Regency" - a military dictatorship set up by Grand Marshal Garithos in order to preserve the last remnants of the Lordaeronian government. After Garithos's death and his army's disarray (some managed to escape the Forsaken and later join Tirisfal's Landmeistertum of the Scarlet Crusade)
[NO]the duchies accepted the King of Stormwind as their suzerain.[/NO]
EDIT: due to the Hillsbrad Registry information brought by Millenia, it is known that the towns of Sotuhern Lordaeron swore fealty not to a single king, but to the Alliance itself, as protected by the kings of Stormwind and Ironforge.

-- Dalaranese language was originally centered around making a link with the elven mages, as well as adapting and transcribing elven arcane spells, and so was mostly based on old Thalassian, thus belonging to the Dorei Language sub-family.

Last edited by Kir the Wizard; 05-04-2013 at 01:36 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Elune

It was the goblins of the steamwheedle cartel who first brought the ogre clans to Kalimdor. With the fall of Doomhammer at the end of the second war, several of the smarter ogre chieftains knew they were in big trouble, and the goblins smelled an opportunity. They would provide the ogre clans with a land safe from alliance repercussions, and in return, each of the clans would provide some of their own to serve the steamwheedle cartel as slaves.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:20 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Gilneas now boasts the second mightiest naval fleet given that Kul Tiras is no longer relevant.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:41 AM

Wisp

The Titans who first arrived on Azeroth weren't part of the Pantheon. They were a preliminary force that looks over, judges and studies a planet to see whether they should order a redo or to just build on what is already there. They are the ones who create the constructs or establish the models while others perform experiments of their own and others fought off the old gods.
Yet when one of them fell in a battle with the old gods, the Titans decided to call in the Pantheon and their Champion. They suggested that it would wiser to in prison the Old Gods and create fail safes in case they break lose. They went around and selected the creatures who would become the Aspects or charged their constructs to guard certain places. They also set up certain races to be wiped out and replaced with those they felt were better, such as the Trolls who turned into the Night Elves who then crushed the Troll Empires.
Once the Pantheon was done with shutting down the Old Gods and their minions, the looked over and agreed with the Preliminary Force's conclusions, created the Aspects and left. Before leave, the P.F. Titans finished off their fail safes, leaving behind extra watchers and guards before moving on to their next assigned system.

Last edited by Lady.Knightgale; 03-30-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM

Hon hon hon

-Under their facade of stern holy warriors, the Draene´ love jokes a lot and, when nobody's around they like to play as if they were still children. It's help them to endure the pain of their grievance.

-Maarad and Tiras'alan were apprentice Vindicator together. At first, they hated each other guts because Tiras came from the Auchena´, while Maarad's family hailed from Karabor and there was a lot of tensions between the City of the Dead and the Grand Temple when they were young. They fought a lot, especially to attract Ishanah, who trained with the Anchorites at that time. However, when the orcs formed the Horde, the three of them fled together and survived, becoming close friends. When Tiras'alan was killed by the manabomb at Theramore, Maarad traveled to the ruins in Silvermist and wept for hours. Ishanah never cried, but her heart was broken and she then chose to have an hard stance against the orcs as long as Garrosh is the Warchief.

-Go'el and Aggra really like Nobundo but at first they thought that he was a strange species who help the Draene´. He then told them his story and it's really hurted them to know his fall. However, he is very wise and kind and hold no grudge against the young orcs for what happened back on Draenor. However, he hate Saurfang.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

-After the fall of Zul'Farrak that made it "nothing but a wasteland", the surviving Sandfury trolls renamed themselves the Farraki Tribe.

-No one listened to Zul's warnings because they were so outlandish the other trolls were convinced he was either exaggerating or lying in order to take over the Zandalari.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
-No one listened to Zul's warnings because they were so outlandish the other trolls were convinced he was either exaggerating or lying in order to take over the Zandalari.
That one is actually canon. Mentioned in one of the zandalari journals on the isle of thunder.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM

Eternal Watcher
BattleTag: Yaskaleh#1817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korath View Post
-Under their facade of stern holy warriors, the Draene´ love jokes a lot and, when nobody's around they like to play as if they were still children. It's help them to endure the pain of their grievance.

-Maarad and Tiras'alan were apprentice Vindicator together. At first, they hated each other guts because Tiras came from the Auchena´, while Maarad's family hailed from Karabor and there was a lot of tensions between the City of the Dead and the Grand Temple when they were young. They fought a lot, especially to attract Ishanah, who trained with the Anchorites at that time. However, when the orcs formed the Horde, the three of them fled together and survived, becoming close friends. When Tiras'alan was killed by the manabomb at Theramore, Maarad traveled to the ruins in Silvermist and wept for hours. Ishanah never cried, but her heart was broken and she then chose to have an hard stance against the orcs as long as Garrosh is the Warchief.

-Go'el and Aggra really like Nobundo but at first they thought that he was a strange species who help the Draene´. He then told them his story and it's really hurted them to know his fall. However, he is very wise and kind and hold no grudge against the young orcs for what happened back on Draenor. However, he hate Saurfang.
/brofist on the draenei headcanon.

Say no to genocide!
Save the Nightborne!

Tags
crushed dreams, headcanon, lore, wololo