Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 02-27-2018, 02:52 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grimtale View Post
Frankly, if that's their excuse then it's a shit one. There's nothing stopping them from still being present as part of Alliance military, just like High Elves being decimated to an even greater degree than Blood Elves didn't stop them from still supporting the Alliance at every turn. I can't expect Void Elves to ever measure up to Nightborne in terms of introduction, but if Blizzard is hard-pressed to never give the Alliance their High Elves back, so much so that they'll pull a completely new race of elves out of thin air with absolutely no build-up, then the least they can do is have those elves be more utilized as part of the Alliance than the High Elves.
Exactly! If they are going to give us an asspull, at least it should not be so shitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
Zandalari Moonkin Form
So, Blizzard broke their own law and combat druid forms don't need to always feature the same base beast. If this means the end of the "Cenarion conformative forms" and we later get specialized forms for some races (worg and dire worgen forms for worgen, Blizz!), I'm all for it.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 02-27-2018 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 03:04 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Exactly! If they are going to give us an asspull, at least it should not be so shitty.

So, Blizzard broke their own law and combat druid forms don't need to always feature the same base beast. If this means the end of the "Cenarion conformative forms" and we later get specialized forms for some races (worg and dire worgen forms for worgen, Blizz!), I'm all for it.
the bear form is the best
Old 02-27-2018, 03:22 PM

Eternal

Y'all are killing me posting these full size images and I'm not even on mobile right now
Old 02-27-2018, 03:59 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
I expect A LOT of salty people on thenwow forums over this. Blizzard opened the gates and now EVERYONE will want their own moonkin race forms.
Well, to be brutally honest, I think they would have a point.

Things are looking like this will be the Zandalari Xpac, IMHO, with these new Druid forms and the higher level of detail on the Zuldazar quest design that have been reported here.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:46 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
the bear form is the best
This is correct. I was planning on a Zandalari Warrior (unless they cave in, i kind of wanted a Zandalari Ret Paladin) but THIS... i need a Zandalari Bearturtledinosaurthing.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:44 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post

Things are looking like this will be the Zandalari Xpac, IMHO, with these new Druid forms and the higher level of detail on the Zuldazar quest design that have been reported here.
I wonder why they didn't just do Zandalar as a whole expansion. You could easily add two or three more zones (a mountain region based off the Andes and Macchu Picchu, a grassland like the pampas, maybe a death themed zone for Bwonsamdi outside of him being shoved into Nazmir).
Old 02-27-2018, 06:08 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I wonder why they didn't just do Zandalar as a whole expansion. You could easily add two or three more zones (a mountain region based off the Andes and Macchu Picchu, a grassland like the pampas, maybe a death themed zone for Bwonsamdi outside of him being shoved into Nazmir).
Something something troll fatigue
Old 02-27-2018, 06:26 PM

Elune

Quote:
Frankly, if that's their excuse then it's a shit one. There's nothing stopping them from still being present as part of Alliance military, just like High Elves being decimated to an even greater degree than Blood Elves didn't stop them from still supporting the Alliance at every turn. I can't expect Void Elves to ever measure up to Nightborne in terms of introduction, but if Blizzard is hard-pressed to never give the Alliance their High Elves back, so much so that they'll pull a completely new race of elves out of thin air with absolutely no build-up, then the least they can do is have those elves be more utilized as part of the Alliance than the High Elves.
1) The Void Elves play a large and key role in the retaking of Lordaeron scenario.

2) The Void Elves just aren't blood elves, but also High Elves who embraced the Void.

3) There was a build up. The whole thing with Alleria pointed to the Void Elves.

4) As for utilization, talk to me after the expac is over with.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:11 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Caque Attaque View Post
1) The Void Elves play a large and key role in the retaking of Lordaeron scenario.

2) The Void Elves just aren't blood elves, but also High Elves who embraced the Void.

3) There was a build up. The whole thing with Alleria pointed to the Void Elves.

4) As for utilization, talk to me after the expac is over with.
We can't really infer "those traitors keep coming" to "playing a large and key role in retaking Lordaeron". It could be well as likely that it's just an army of Void Elves that serve as fodder for the Horde PC to take out during the Horde experience of the Battle for Lordaeron.

As far as the build-up with Alleria, I don't think it led to anyone ever expecting to see more Void-infused elves. Hell, I didn't even see it coming either. I honestly legit thought Alleria would just stay a neutral world hero and her being Void-infused would be just some added superpower to make her more special. But even still, the build-up there is not as good or well-established as the build-up for Nightborne, as Nightborne are not only built-up in a character-driven way but also in a very expansively cultural way. We simply know far more about the Nightborne and what they can potentially bring to the Horde than we do the Void Elves. They just overall feel far more like a society than the Void Elves do at the moment.

I sincerely hope things change when we finally get to see more datamining for Alliance, but for now all I can do is keep my expectations low.

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 02-27-2018 at 07:14 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 07:20 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

For how little work they did on most of the allied races I’m so fucking happy I already decided long ago to reroll my Troll Druid... I wish they honestly put thi effort into all of them... hell just like... regular druids of all factions. It’s an incredible surprise
Old 02-27-2018, 07:27 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Nyarsz#1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
I think so too. Which is sad, because I really doubt Kul Tiras will overshadow the Zandalari in this expansion. Sure, their cities looks great, but at the end of the day, all people see there is YET MORE HUMANS, against a badass exotic civilization who control dinosaurs and transform into them.

Quote:
And they do, but having a point does not matter to the whining machine at the wow forums
Old 02-27-2018, 07:30 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Orc fatigue, demon fatigue, and troll fatigue, but Blizz won't ever consider people may have Old God fatigue.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:32 PM

Arch-Druid

I will start caring for lore-void elves when they actually get attention. Their horrid introduction was poorly done, their lore is non-existant, and so far datamining didn't even point to them having any significant role. They are the first and only race to be forgotten 2 minutes after its debut. That's quite a feat, not even the gnomes were treated this bad.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Orc fatigue, demon fatigue, and troll fatigue, but Blizz won't ever consider people may have Old God fatigue.
Blizz has committed to Old Gods/Void Lords for the long haul given they have taken the Legion's place, so I guess, we deal with it.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:39 PM

Elune

Why still argue about the ''lore'' that changes every 5 minutes depending on what the dev drinks that day.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:22 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

I was going to make a Zandalari shaman but screw that, I'll make it a dinomancer.

On one end, I'm very happy with theses dinosaur forms, but on the other, the Alliance allied-races look even more like effortless aftertoughts now. I hope Blizzard will pull out a cool one for the Alliance we haven't seen yet, because all of this is very disappointing.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:31 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temo View Post
I think so too. Which is sad, because I really doubt Kul Tiras will overshadow the Zandalari in this expansion. Sure, their cities looks great, but at the end of the day, all people see there is YET MORE HUMANS, against a badass exotic civilization who control dinosaurs and transform into them.

And they do, but having a point does not matter to the whining machine at the wow forums
This is why I’m clamoring so hard for Kul Tiran shamans and for them to have tamed sea monster pets. There’s nothing on the level of dinosaurs in Gilne- I mean Kul Tiras. I mean, for goodness’ sake, the admiral of the Zandalari navy is a loa. That level of cool factor alone is enough to blow Drustvar out of the water.

Last edited by Mending; 02-27-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Old 02-28-2018, 01:39 AM

Eternal

Looks like we know where the Night Elves are relocating to:

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/128874-nadoran-trollbane

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:09 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Why still argue about the ''lore'' that changes every 5 minutes depending on what the dev drinks that day.
Clearly pandaren and dwarves are self insert race

Also they handled demon fatigue alright elf fatigue homever...
Old 02-28-2018, 03:51 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
And the Zandalari do deserve it. They were/are one of the most intriguing pieces of WoW Lore. "the elves of trolls", a misty island square in the middle of nothing, a seemingly priestly nation... I, too, wish they would have the entire thing Zandalar based.

As it is, it feels like they're trying too fit too much in too little space/time, and something will suffer from this. By the looks of it, something is already suffering: Kul Tiras.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:46 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
I was going to make a Zandalari shaman but screw that, I'll make it a dinomancer.

On one end, I'm very happy with theses dinosaur forms, but on the other, the Alliance allied-races look even more like effortless aftertoughts now. I hope Blizzard will pull out a cool one for the Alliance we haven't seen yet, because all of this is very disappointing.
Don't worry, fatman druids will save the day with their otter forms.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Looks like we know where the Night Elves are relocating to:

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/128874-nadoran-trollbane

I imagine that he was part of the alliance forces in Arathi
Old 02-28-2018, 05:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Don't worry, fatman druids will save the day with their otter forms.
I can't wait to see kul tirans turning into fat bears, fat cats, fat sparrows, morbidly obese moonkin and so on.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Blizz has committed to Old Gods/Void Lords for the long haul given they have taken the Legion's place, so I guess, we deal with it.
I have a lot of things I wish the Old Gods were, but I don't think Blizzard knows how to do Old Gods properly. Where's the subtlety and nuance? Why do the people they corrupt sprout tentacles and become gibbering retards?

Couldn't they do more subtle corruption, where someone didn't even realize they were being corrupted and no one else would be able to tell? They should be able to work in the shadows, instead of being so loud and obnoxious. Corruption should be slowly easing people into new ways of thinking, not injecting them with 10 liters of mutagen.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:40 AM

Elune

Since Trolls have "High Prelates", does that mean that draenei are evolved from Argus trolls?

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft