Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2017, 05:09 PM

Banished

Maybe is the girl who killed Cleopatra in ACverse. It IS set during Her reign, right?
Old 06-11-2017, 05:10 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
Heh, back in 8th grade I tried to set up a crude pen & paper game based in Deadlock's universe. Never got anywhere, but it was fun to think about.

Both games are available for cheap on GoG.com. It's a combination of Risk-style strategy and city sim. They're fun games, though I can't claim they're great. If you do buy one, go with the second. Deadlock 2 really feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel, but it does have a few nice extras, like sea-based colonies.

EDIT: What do you know, Deadlock 2 is available for $1.49.
Nice, though I dunno if I'll get through my steam backlog anytime soon, but I'll keep it in mind.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 06-11-2017, 05:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Nice, though I dunno if I'll get through my steam backlog anytime soon, but I'll keep it in mind.
And that looks like not buying it is the right decision, because there are apparently some issues with getting it to run on newer systems...

Anyway, I'm going to look into it, since there do seem to be some workarounds. I'll post a solution here once/if I figure it out.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 06-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Arch-Druid

Something I noticed in this morning's KH trailer is that Hercules was in the party at the same time as both Donald and Goofy. Looks like no more needing to swap out one of them for the world-exclusive party members.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:01 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Maybe is the girl who killed Cleopatra in ACverse. It IS set during Her reign, right?
Honestly no one seems to be sure at the moment. Several of the websites reporting on it say it's set during her reign (what appears to be the Pharaoh's lighthouse can be seen in the gameplay trailer), but a leaked screenshot has it set in the 5th Egyptian Dynasty, and Bayek himself is described as being "the Last of the Medjay," a real life historical group that died out around 1077 BC, which doesn't match either of those times.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 06-11-2017 at 06:04 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Honestly no one seems to be sure at the moment. Several of the websites reporting on it say it's set during her reign (what appears to be the Pharaoh's lighthouse can be seen in the gameplay trailer), but a leaked screenshot has it set in the 5th Egyptian Dynasty, and Bayek himself is described as being "the Last of the Medjay," a real life historical group that died out around 1077 BC, which doesn't match either of those times.
Its their universe. pretty sure in the long run it wont hurt as bad.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:09 AM

Eternal

Co-op escape from prison thingy was only thing that looked interesting to me

Was Bethesda just trolling with the paid mods thing again? I didn't see the stream so I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but the picture said Fallout 4 horse armor power armor and mudcrab armor so it didn't look serious.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJP View Post
Was Bethesda just trolling with the paid mods thing again? I didn't see the stream so I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but the picture said Fallout 4 horse armor power armor and mudcrab armor so it didn't look serious.
That was them trying to make fun of themselves. The horse armor part being a reference to the Oblivion horse armor DLC controversy which led to PC Gamer making the mudcrab joke when Skyrim came out.
Member #14
Old 06-12-2017, 10:51 AM

Elune

I now know how to get Deadlock 2 running on Windows 10.

You need to download DDraw Compact v0.1.2. It's available here:

https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/releases

Once you do this, extract DDraw.dll and put it in the Deadlock 2 directory. I was also told to open up preferences and run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I'm not sure this is 100% necessary; haven't yet tested it outside of compatibility mode.

The version is important. I don't think DDraw Compact 2.0 will do the trick.

However, my understanding is that this solution hasn't worked for everyone. It did work for me.

Anyway, with that caveat in mind, I'll again post the link to the game.

https://www.gog.com/game/deadlock_2_shrine_wars

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Elune

Here is a short list of things I demand Bethesda fund under their new "contracted DLC" or "paid mods" or whatever system you want to call it:
Fallout 4: Capital Wasteland
Fallout 4: New Vegas
Throw a bunch of money at these guys and give them every resource from F3 and FNV that could be useful to help them along. Let them add all the voiced dialogue and other potentially copyright-infringing materials natively since it'll be official. Don't let me down, Beth. Mods like this will make or break this new system.
And while they're at it, throw money at Fallout: Cascadia's team.

Best case scenario, these things happen and Beth makes some good or at least decent microtransactions for other small things.
Worst case scenario, modders stop building off of each other's work (which is integral to the modding scene), stop making guides for each other, and start competing with each other to try to get into Creator status.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-12-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Hope it is. It's the best moment to open another trilogy since it gives easy access to Rome
Old 06-12-2017, 03:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
The terribleness of the horse armor is a running gag for Bethesda. Once, they did a sale where all DLC was half price, except for Horse Armor, which was doubled in price.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 PM

Banished

Ubishit was alot of pandering to minorities
Old 06-12-2017, 04:59 PM

Eternal

It's all trash.

No exploitables. No cringe. No good games at all.

Pretty much its up to Sony and Nintendos direct to salvage this and im not even sure if Nintendo will even have any games this go around aside from the ones that we even know about.

Pokemon COULD have saved it, but its a two version sequel no one even asked for. Like fucking Black and White 2, the worst pokemon games that have ever been created.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 PM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
It's all trash.

No exploitables. No cringe. No good games at all.

Pretty much its up to Sony and Nintendos direct to salvage this and im not even sure if Nintendo will even have any games this go around aside from the ones that we even know about.

Pokemon COULD have saved it, but its a two version sequel no one even asked for. Like fucking Black and White 2, the worst pokemon games that have ever been created.
Come now, I'm sure there's something exploitable.

Short of this being a board meeting full of bureaucrats who're all dead inside, I'm sure something came out we can all laugh about.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:45 PM

Eternal

Well misery does love company.

This is the world we live in. Where the only thing keeping E3 from being a joke is DBZ, Ace Combat, Monster Hunter, Shadow of the Colossus, and FF15 VR Fishing for the bravest of brave fishing enthusiasts.

If i had artistic skills i would totally be drawing our wonderful FF15 protagonists fishing at the lake and cracking out a few cold ones.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:54 AM

Banished

Only good looking games are Wolfenstein 2 and shadow of war there was like ten pirate games
Old 06-13-2017, 07:04 AM

Eternal

I bought the June Humble Bundle for Stellaris mainly,
and some of the other games I have no interest in,
but I can gift them to others. Would anybody be interested in SUPERHOT, Shoppe Keep, Plague Inc. Evolved, or Maize? I guess I will do first come first serve if there are multiple people interested and they are unwilling to settle it in a gladiatorial bout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
Here is a short list of things I demand Bethesda fund under their new "contracted DLC" or "paid mods" or whatever system you want to call it:
Throw a bunch of money at these guys and give them every resource from F3 and FNV that could be useful to help them along. Let them add all the voiced dialogue and other potentially copyright-infringing materials natively since it'll be official. Don't let me down, Beth. Mods like this will make or break this new system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2dRzZGzdMI

Best case scenario, these things happen and Beth makes some good or at least decent microtransactions for other small things.
Worst case scenario, modders stop building off of each other's work (which is integral to the modding scene), stop making guides for each other, and start competing with each other to try to get into Creator status.
I have to agree, this is the only way for them to do it right. There are a lot of great modders who work really hard to improve upon, fix, and add new features to Bethesda's games who definitely deserve compensation. If Bethesda is truly going to give them fair treatment, technical support, and the money they deserve, then I would be supportive of this. But Bethesda's history with ignoring and shitting on the mod community doesn't make me optimistic!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:18 AM

Banished

Quote:
I bought the June Humble Bundle for Stellaris mainly,
and some of the other games I have no interest in,
but I can gift them to others. Would anybody be interested in SUPERHOT, Shoppe Keep, Plague Inc. Evolved, or Maize? I guess I will do first come first serve if there are multiple people interested and they are unwilling to settle it in a gladiatorial bout.

I have to agree, this is the only way for them to do it right. There are a lot of great modders who work really hard to improve upon, fix, and add new features to Bethesda's games who definitely deserve compensation. If Bethesda is truly going to give them fair treatment, technical support, and the money they deserve, then I would be supportive of this. But Bethesda's history with ignoring and shitting on the mod community doesn't make me optimistic!
Maybe Plague inc
Old 06-13-2017, 08:03 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakwakas View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2dRzZGzdMI

I'm probably never going to play Fallout 4 at this point (I don't like the way they've streamlined the conversation system). If they hand over a spinoff game to another company though, I'd be interested in taking a look. Sadly, I highly doubt Obsidian will get the chance, but there are other companies that could also do good work.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:11 AM

Eternal

Nintendo saved E3.

They showed games that are actually interesting and I don't even care that Xenoblade 2 has awful british voices.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Banished

Think more people should do what they do for that shamus 3DS game
Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Arch-Druid

God I can't stop listening to Mario Odyssey's theme and watching Xenoblade 2's trailer. I need them both so badly.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:12 AM

Eternal

All it took was Metroid Prime 4, Metroid 2 for the 3DS, Xenoblade 2, a mainline Pokemon game for the Switch, Zelda DLC, Mario Odyssey with its kick ass music and visuals and the most violent Mario game i've ever seen.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HlaaluStyle View Post
I'm probably never going to play Fallout 4 at this point (I don't like the way they've streamlined the conversation system). If they hand over a spinoff game to another company though, I'd be interested in taking a look. Sadly, I highly doubt Obsidian will get the chance, but there are other companies that could also do good work.
F4 isn't a bad game at all. I have quite a few hours in it myself. It's just not a good Fallout game. Treat it as a spin-off in the same universe or something and it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
Nintendo saved E3.

They showed games that are actually interesting and I don't even care that Xenoblade 2 has awful british voices.
The only thing worthwhile that Nintendo showed was that hat-based Mario. That might be good. Everything else was meh. The new Metroid Prime is probably going to be another console shooter (blech), the new Pokemon is probably just going to be a new Pokemon Stadium (ugh), and Xenoblade is way too Japanese.
Oh, the new Sonic looks a lot like Generations, which was good. We'll see how that turns out.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 06-13-2017 at 02:52 PM..

Tags
damn cubes, general thread, literally video games, video games, wololo