Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-03-2017, 09:25 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Alright, gentlemen, THE HYPE IS ON.

This looks worse than I'd like but better than I expected, which is... Precisely what an expansion should be, in my opinion.

Random thoughts:

- It was nice to see a lot of races on the armies of each faction on that cinematic, instead of just generic humans versus generic orcs.

- Anduin's face looks rounder/softer/younger in this than his model in Legion. He looked older there. He's supposed to be what, seventeen at Legion, eighteen-ish by now? He looks fourteen here. Far too young.

- Also, he looks extraordinarily competent with that sword for someone who was a "disappointment" to Varian in the warrior arts.

- OTOH, that massive barrier is exactly what I expected of him. That scene was awesome.

- Tel'drassil burning? One continent for each faction? WTF? Unless they redesign all of the old world, massively, and also the starting experiences of each race, I don't see how this can work, except as scenarios or other instanced content.

- And that's only on the "gameplay" level. On that Lore level that is such a clusterf*** I'm not even going there.

- Horde seems to have better nice things. Nightborne, Zandalari, Zandalar... I would roll a Horde char just to play as a Zandalari troll. Alliance side doesn't look as good, but that may be just first impression.

- Those snake people look AWESOME. Next playable race, please.

- Really, though, what will be the next Night Elf starting zone? They wouldn't do phasing to that level, would they?

EDIT: The Allied Races page has this particular blurb: "Once an Allied Race is recruited, you can rediscover Azeroth through a revamped leveling experience featuring zones that scale as your character grows in power". Could it be that they really revamped the old world as a dynamic level zones, like I was daydreaming about in the other thread? I can't really believe it...
1. Completely agreed.

2. Yeah, decent selection.

3. I agree he looks younger but I think he looks pretty good overall, the armor is great. Doesn't seem to be a HUGE swordfighter though but he's definitely improved

4. Yeah I'm sad the Nelfs are losing their land, this was unexpected.

5. Zandalari definitely seem to be the best of the lot, but Highmountain are awful. Nightborne are okay. Dark irons are cool. Lightforged draenei are meh, and Void elves are terrible.

6. Pic? I haven't seen these snake people.

Thoughts on the cinematic, Sylvanas looks way too 'pretty' but that Uberbanshee mode was interesting. Anduin's armor is fantastic.

Wish we saw more belfs and Goblins and gnomes and whatnot in the cinematic but the Horde's variety vs. the Alliance's badass organized ranks of spear-footmen (i like that Anduin's forces are using shield and spear, feels like a nice change of pace, stylistic difference from the older sword and shield era, but maybe these guys are just elites? 7th Legion or something?)

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-03-2017, 09:31 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
I wish Blizzard would stop making these drippy trailers with a character monologuing about their beliefs. They're so tiresome at this point and they absolutely have the technology to do better.

Also I wish they'd just stop trying to do things with Jaina, who's basically a totally different person now.

So uh, I guess we're kind of going back to the old World again. I like that. I always feel like the more we get away from the core world of Azeroth the less interesting the game is.

Sick of the dumb faction war, because it's never done particularly well. And the opening cinematic was pretty meh. Lotta shouting, lotta action that wasn't even particularly exciting.

TRUE, this trailer was terrible on the storytelling.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:38 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Void Elves aren't terrible imo, but I would have still preferred High Elves; I know what Blizzard was trying to do.

Sylvanas looks very ...Human. Very radical in appearance compared to Legion's cinematic.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 PM

World Builder

Alright cool snake folk.

Also, Quirn, Arm, please try to decompress a tad, I know you're not fans of the Faction Conflict or the way it's going, and god knows you have reasons to be wary with the way Blizz has handled things in the past

But I think we have two good signs here

1. Magni is still looking to make people work together, so this expansion may be the 'last hurrah' of faction conflict spurred by the Old Gods manipulations before we fight them.

2. They mentioned new characters would have the areas phased once they hit that level of content, so they're not likely to retake undercity but keep Darnassus, we'll probably see Nelves build new settlements in Lordaeron in the course of the patches and the Forsaken build new places in Kalimdor

At the very least, now IS the time to make concerns noted on the story forums and general forums and such while everything's in alpha/beta and more flexible.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 PM

Arch-Druid

I am happy to know that quelthalas is safe
Old 11-03-2017, 09:49 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

They are going to phase the world for those at 110+
Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

The new story designer has better traits than Metzen, at least he was willing to kill "good side" characters instead of putting them aside after the focus was switched, he also treated popular characters better instead of focusing on pet characters.

But he really lacks of creating new stuff, most of the new lore/race are ripoff from older lore.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Slow

I'm getting excited. I'm 90% sure I'm going to sub again. Kul Tiras looks awesome, Zandalar looks awesome, Stromgarde is getting used.

I really really hope that they wrap up the faction war story in a satisfying way that brings the world back to a Vanilla WoW/BC state where the factions are at peace and conflict is only minor.

Settle everything that needs to be settled. Don't leave undeniably evil characters around unless they are actually sneaky about what they're doing.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Elune

Shadow Orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
I'm getting excited. I'm 90% sure I'm going to sub again. Kul Tiras looks awesome, Zandalar looks awesome, Stromgarde is getting used.

I really really hope that they wrap up the faction war story in a satisfying way that brings the world back to a Vanilla WoW/BC state where the factions are at peace and conflict is only minor.

Settle everything that needs to be settled. Don't leave undeniably evil characters around unless they are actually sneaky about what they're doing.
Honestly, I feel that Sylvanas really is the only character that currently makes it possible for this war to go on. Jaina too, to an extent, but really not as much as Sylvanas. So I'm guessing she's gonna bite the dust at some point. Either that or each faction will just secure a continent and interactions will be limited.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:32 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post

The expansions going to end with Sylvanas telling everyone Azeroth is free.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:35 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

-Capital City. Yes, at last it comes back where it belongs. I hope Jaina don't appear and teleport us from Lordaeron again.
Will be Calia queen?

-Stromgarde. At last, give Stromgarde the honor it deserves.

-Kul'Tiras. Expectant and hyped about it.

-Zandalar. Hmm...Trolls are cool, but Zanadalari are the worse trolls.

-Teldrassil. Darnassus was the worse city, the Night Elves deserved to make Ashenvale and Hyjal their capital. But looks like they also lose it. I wonder what's their future.

-Silvermoon. Goes back to the High Elves and the Alliance? Remains Horde?

ALLIED RACES

-Void Elves. WTF Blizzard. In what moment you thought those guys were cooler than High Elves? It was not necessary.

-Dark Iron. Wildhammer would have been better. But nice shit.

-Lightforged Draenei. Meh. BTW, why are they called draenei instead of eredar?

-Highmountain Tauren. Highmountain was a nice area, but i can't see what they add to the game. It would have been better a reshape of Mulgore and Thunderbluff.

-Nightborne. Yes, they were a cool bunch.

-Zandalari. AS I Said, jungle troll or frost troll would have been cooler.

Last edited by Hades; 11-03-2017 at 10:46 PM..
Old 11-03-2017, 10:51 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

In this thread shitting on two Horde capitals is Horde favoritism. The Alliance win mentality is really a cancer.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:53 PM

Not Sure If Trolling...

Who rules Kul Tiras now? Jaina?
Old 11-03-2017, 10:54 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
In this thread shitting on two Horde capitals is Horde favoritism. The Alliance win mentality is really a cancer.
I'm certainly not complaining, I've been dreaming of this for years. If the Alliance does in fact get to keep Lordaeron then I'll never complain about the Horde again.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Site Staff - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I'm certainly not complaining, I've been dreaming of this for years. If the Alliance does in fact get to keep Lordaeron then I'll never complain about the Horde again.
I'm pretty sure that Lordaeron's Capital is going to mainly be one of those RTS warzones they described.

...how the hell is getting around the world going to work is my question.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Im sure the Alliance and Horde will have footholds in the opposing continent.

If Anduin jas really retaken Stromgarde and Lordaeron and brought Kultiras back into the fold, he will have proven himself quite handily.

If it is actually the case, Hail High King Anduin Wrynn, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms!
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Im sure the Alliance and Horde will have footholds in the opposing continent.

If Anduin jas really retaken Stromgarde and Lordaeron and brought Kultiras back into the fold, he will have proven himself quite handily.

If it is actually the case, Hail High King Anduin Wrynn, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms!
The Seven Kingdoms is not the Seven Kingdoms without the most important one: Alterac.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:25 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
The Seven Kingdoms is not the Seven Kingdoms without the most important one: Alterac.
Well, the Alliance controls the area once again, so maybe it will be rebuilt as well? It guards a major pass into Eastern Lordaeron...

So, I wonder how the Blockades of Silvermoon and the Exodar is going to work?

I wonder if the Desolate Council is partially responsible for the Undercity's fall?

Gah, need more infooooo...
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Who rules Kul Tiras now? Jaina?
4 Nobel houses.
Jaina's mom rules the Tiragarde Sound, there Boralus (capital) is.
In Stormsong Valley we have House Stormsong who builds ships and religious fanatics and seems they fall to old god influence.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
Well, the Alliance controls the area once again, so maybe it will be rebuilt as well? It guards a major pass into Eastern Lordaeron...

So, I wonder how the Blockades of Silvermoon and the Exodar is going to work?

I wonder if the Desolate Council is partially responsible for the Undercity's fall?

Gah, need more infooooo...
Clearly the Desolate Council is seeding the 'Allies Race' for humans.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:46 PM

Banished

And to be honest, I love faction war shit. Despite the fact that sometimes it slips into utter stupidity, I really love faction specific content. Miss those days when Alliance was dealing with Naxx while Horde was trying to do something with Azjol'Nerub and etc.

Last edited by Aram; 11-03-2017 at 11:57 PM..
Old 11-04-2017, 12:04 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aram View Post
And to be honest, I love faction war shit. Despite the fact that sometimes it slips into utter stupidity, I really love faction specific content. Miss those days when Alliance was dealing with Naxx while Horde was trying to do something with Azjol'Nerub and etc.
Faction specific and faction war are two separate things. One means each faction (and through it, the player) doing its own things to achieve goals that may align with the other, or may not even be connected.

The other is the factions always fighting, all the time, whether it's in the background or center stage, no matter how stupid it is, and no matter how worthless the things they're fighting over are, because they're flagged for it and "factions gotta fight/heart of the franchise/faction pride."

I don't say the faction system is tailored for stupid people because I think people are stupid for liking it. I say it because the system is talking down to us all, hammering dumb justifications down our throats to justify perpetuating the hollow binary of Alliance vs. Horde. It's assuming we're simple-minded twits who will just mindlessly bark slogans and swallow any amount of sloppy contrivance whenever they slap that "faction pride" button. It's assuming we're too simple-minded and dumb to need anything more than "let's hear our Alliance/Horde players!" to get us so drunk on the hype that we'll let any stupid excuse pass muster.

The faction conflict inherently treats us like drooling idiots who'll snap our heels and "lok'tar ogar!" on cue, and I for one don't enjoy stories that treat me like an idiot.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:12 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Faction specific and faction war are two separate things. One means each faction (and through it, the player) doing its own things to achieve goals that may align with the other, or may not even be connected.

The other is the factions always fighting, all the time, whether it's in the background or center stage, no matter how stupid it is, and no matter how worthless the things they're fighting over are, because they're flagged for it and "factions gotta fight/heart of the franchise/faction pride."

I don't say the faction system is tailored for stupid people because I think people are stupid for liking it. I say it because the system is talking down to us all, hammering dumb justifications down our throats to justify perpetuating the hollow binary of Alliance vs. Horde. It's assuming we're simple-minded twits who will just mindlessly bark slogans and swallow any amount of sloppy contrivance whenever they slap that "faction pride" button. It's assuming we're too simple-minded and dumb to need anything more than "let's hear our Alliance/Horde players!" to get us so drunk on the hype that we'll let any stupid excuse pass muster.

The faction conflict inherently treats us like drooling idiots who'll snap our heels and "lok'tar ogar!" on cue, and I for one don't enjoy stories that treat me like an idiot.
This only applies to the Horde. You'd have to be some kind of colossal simpleton to not think that the Horde is worth fighting from the Alliance's perspective. Killing Forsaken and their Horde allies doesn't feel contrived at all and if their current provocations haven't done it for you I genuinely wonder what they would have to do for you to get on board with the Alliance treating them like any other enemy faction.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:12 AM

Eternal

in the picture of teldrassil on fire it looks like Vareesa is on the ground dying near Sylvanas.

I guess Windrunner meet up didn't go well.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:13 AM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
Faction specific and faction war are two separate things
Nope, let's be realistic.

And faction system is great, it's one of core things in WoW that make the game great. Don't really know why people always bitching about it.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft