Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 10:57 PM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Krainz, calm down. There's absolutely no reason to insult night elf fans.
Yes, there is. There's plenty a reason.

Try not to, though.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:12 PM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Krainz, calm down. There's absolutely no reason to insult night elf fans.
Uh, I'm a Night Elf fan and I'm not insulted at all. That's what Night Elves were back in Warcraft III.

That's why I'm pissed about them failing over and over again. Night Elves weren't whimpering helpless hippies. They protected their forests and they weren't apologetic about it. You want to cut down that tree? Expect to get your throat slit. Want to kill that deer? Well, that might just work until holy !@#$, your face just got mauled off by a sentinel riding a goddamned tiger.

It wasn't mauled off by the tiger, mind you, the elf did that - with her teeth.

The only inaccuracy in Krainz's post was that they aren't that. They were that. That's my issue. No one at all has a reason to fear Night Elves, and it's pretty clear why that is.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:44 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakhed View Post
I doubt it. Jaina certainly isn't all that big a girl.
for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
I love you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
based neokitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurysm View Post

Shape up, Neocat. Fuck's sake.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
One might speculate that choosing a queen from an inoffensive minor house could be a means of avoiding showing favoritism among competing major houses, while elevating an ally of the Crown to the halls of power in Stormwind who's not already solidly entrenched in the existing intrigues.
I'm not sure I see it. It works in theory but Llane was probably loved enough by the nobility for leading them through the Gurubashi War and being a generally good ruler that they would allow him the leeway to choose as he wished from the major houses. There's also the fact that choosing from a minor house pisses off all of the major houses whereas choosing from a major house means you have at least one major house who is fine with it.

If anything that just makes one think they didn't trust Varian enough to choose well for himself so they just threw a bunch of names in a hat and picked one.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:25 AM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
She's a brilliant strategist

Like when she decided that she should leave her fortified position to fight the alliance on the field for some reason (the Horde then lost)

At least she destroyed a single siege tower even though the ALliance had dozens more
That characterization is actually consistent. She is noble High Elven snob that likely got her job through connections but not ability. She lost the Third War against the Scourge because of her inability to change her assessment of the enemy or change a single bit in her approach.

The Forsaken campaigns in Vanilla and Northrend were shockingly competent - but than you have to remember that the High Executors were handpicked by Varimathras and not Sylvanas. When she tries her hand at picking people we get laughable dumb Grand Executor, Galen Trollbane failing to hold on the sword, Southshore being unsettleable even by Undead and having to personally intervene in Western Plaguelands because Koltiras is good for nothing but whining.

Her last stand at Undercity mirrors her last stand at Silvermoon and shows that she is incapable to learn from her mistakes even if she got twice the the lands to maneuvre and five times the manpower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:34 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolvar View Post
In his defense, he's basically a child...
Well Horde kids know how to swing an axe before they eat solid food!
I'm just ribbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
Where does everyone get that Anduin cried because he was fighting?

It's the light, the channeling of the light making you feel hope, forgiveness, love and all of this completely overwhelming your senses... in the middle of a battlefield. It's described rather well in the last audio drama and in several other books too.
I think it's part of why some people don't like the light even if it doesn't actually hurt them. You can't hold on to fury and hatred when it touches you.... in other terms it makes you "weak" ^^
To be honest, it's that he gets teary eyed after being knocked down and how he flails at the Troll.
I get his portrayal and that he doesn't really want war but tries to step up to his duty and fit into his daddy boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
Because emotions apparently invalidate someone's authority and people use it as an excuse to marginalize Anduin.
Don't take shitposting so seriously.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:40 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
I'd rather have Anduin x Jaina.

All that aside; if they do decide to ever give Anduin a Queen. I can see it being Lorna.
Unless Anduin gets a late-stage-puberty bout of unlightish incestuous feelings, Anduin X Jaina's probably not gonna happen. Sure they might just change that from the earlier books, or he might put political ickyness over his personal feelings, but he basically thinks of her as his cool aunt. (as do i, when she's not in WarJaina Mode.)

As for who i'd pair up Anduin with?
Bain's previously-unheard-of little sister. Someone's gotta fix this shit.

(They did kill his dwarfish love interest from the Shattering, right?)
Old 11-09-2017, 01:17 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Back when Varian was alive I wanted to pair up Anduin and Thura Saurfang just to see how daddy would react to his son falling inn love with an orc.

Last edited by Omacron; 11-09-2017 at 01:19 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 02:20 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Back when Varian was alive I wanted to pair up Anduin and Thura Saurfang just to see how daddy would react to his son falling inn love with an orc.
Well, since its post Wolfheart/Pandaria, im going to say Varian would be fine with it, if things with the Horde were going well.

Though, i imagine she would crush his pelvis in short order.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 02:42 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post
Uh, I'm a Night Elf fan and I'm not insulted at all. That's what Night Elves were back in Warcraft III.
"Fucking night elf fans"?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:03 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I think Human fans are stupid.

But i can still play as one, But when i play Alliance i generally play Night elf (male) or some of the other races (dwarves)
Old 11-09-2017, 03:14 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyalin V. Raintree View Post

That's why I'm pissed about them failing over and over again. Night Elves weren't whimpering helpless hippies. They protected their forests and they weren't apologetic about it. You want to cut down that tree? Expect to get your throat slit. Want to kill that deer? Well, that might just work until holy !@#$, your face just got mauled off by a sentinel riding a goddamned tiger.

It wasn't mauled off by the tiger, mind you, the elf did that - with her teeth.

The only inaccuracy in Krainz's post was that they aren't that. They were that. That's my issue. No one at all has a reason to fear Night Elves, and it's pretty clear why that is.
You said they were?

I say they are.

The story of Black Rook (also Illidan's flashback with Ravencrest) gets close to that.

I feel like you have no idea what you're complaining about.

As a Forsaken fan, if they were portrayed just like Night Elves were in the Broken Isles, I would say they were glorious and it would be ok to pass on the spotlight to a more deserving race (like Darkspear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
She does seem to think really hard about. Like it's extremely not something she wants to, but then decides there's nothing else for it.

That said, the only reason motivating the Horde to charge out of the city like that was even a viable idea at all was because of the movie logic by which the Alliance responded to their charge by haphazardly charging right back, breaking formation and turning it into a random melee instead of holding ranks and receiving the charge like an army (especially one of spearmen) is supposed to be trained to do.

Hell, we even have Greymane telling the troops to "close ranks" and "advance as one." And they do so, at first. Then as soon as the Horde comes running out at them, every Alliance soldier breaks ranks for no good reason and independently charges at the enemy.

Had there been even a modicum of reasonably competent warcraft going on Alliance-side, doing what she did would have gotten Sylvanas and her vanguard slaughtered one-sidedly without even getting within arm's reach of Anduin or Genn. Her entire "gambit" only paid off even as far as it went because apparently Alliance soldiers are completely undertrained and undisciplined.
I'm not an expert on warfare strategy, but aren't there stuff like catapults and probably offscreen meat wagons / plague wagons that can't be delivered if the enemies are too close (might hit your own army) but if they retreat far enough they get in range of some of that shit?

At least it's what I understood - they should retreat and lure Sylvanas and the Horde while firing arrows, spells and reaching with spears.

Last edited by Krainz; 11-09-2017 at 03:21 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 03:29 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

So why did blizzard base anduin of brad pit and sylvanas on angelina jolie?

what did they mean by this?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:30 AM

Problemsolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
Don't take shitposting so seriously.
Pro tip! Try shit posting in a different font. Comic Sans, for example, and nobody will take it seriously!
Old 11-09-2017, 04:03 AM

Eternal

Quote:
So why did blizzard base anduin of brad pit and sylvanas on angelina jolie?

what did they mean by this?
The expansion is going to end with Sylvanas and Anduin getting married, and adopting some Orc babies.

The next faction war will deal with the messy seperation.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-09-2017, 04:14 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Though this expansion looks fairly intriguing for me as a potential returning player, the Alliance/Horde tribalism (and its associated whining) once again proves to be a massive turn-off and hype buzzkill.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:26 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
home and family, nature-loving, hippie treehuggers

Night Elves are savage from a conception standpoint.
Word for word as opposed to seen through whatever preconceptions you have, I'm not seeing a contradiction here. (other than the term hippie, if taken out of context I guess) Or with anything KVT added.

There's savage fighting, which they do and no one here ever disputed that, and then there's the reasons to engage in it in the first place. Showing off their style of doing it is not it's own justification or a cause to have wars for. It's an effect.

The real cause is something they're apparently going to be asked to go without from now on, and I won't stand for that. Whatever that's worth.

Last edited by Icefrost; 11-09-2017 at 05:00 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 04:38 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I think Human fans are stupid.

But i can still play as one, But when i play Alliance i generally play Night elf (male) or some of the other races (dwarves)
I like all races except humans I am already human in real life
humans are bored
Old 11-09-2017, 04:42 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
I like all races except humans I am already human in real life
humans are bored
I think the Azeroth Humans are too busy killing Forsaken to be bored...

Old 11-09-2017, 04:55 AM

Eternal

Hrmn... Hard Question Time!

We've been laboring under the assumption that Anduin would have to marry a woman to continue his line and have a Queen, while also reflecting that he can only make 1 choice to try and bring one of two ruined Kingdoms together beneath one dynasty.

What if Polygamy is an accepted practice among Humans and we just haven't seen it before? What if Anduin could marry Tess Greymane and Calia Menethil? While he would be King of Stormwind, they would be the Queens of Gilneas and Lordaeron, no? The children produced with them would become the future heirs of Gilneas and Lordaeron, while Anduin would need to marry a Stormwind noble to produce an heir for Stormwind.

It sounds incredibly unlikely, I know, but for discussion, I'm curious to hear what others think. If Anduin is being set up as this Messiah of Humanity, the High King as it were, and is liberating Kingdoms that fell, what is the likelihood his Bloodline would unite the Kingdoms in a way they hadn't been since the days of Strom?

Last edited by Vexander; 11-09-2017 at 04:57 AM..
Old 11-09-2017, 04:57 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I think the Azeroth Humans are too busy killing Forsaken to be bored...
you know what I'm talking about
Old 11-09-2017, 04:58 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Though this expansion looks fairly intriguing for me as a potential returning player, the Alliance/Horde tribalism (and its associated whining) once again proves to be a massive turn-off and hype buzzkill.
Do what I do and simply stop paying attention to them. I don't think it is necessary to follow any site or a forum to enjoy a game and its contents.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:59 AM

Arch-Druid

People were disappointed if anduin and wrathion had a relationship?

I hope not because homophobia is bad
Old 11-09-2017, 05:02 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefrost View Post
Word for word as opposed to seen through whatever preconceptions you have, I'm not seeing a contradiction here. (other than the term hippie, if taken out of context I guess) Or with anything KVT added.

There's savage fighting, which they do and no one here ever disputed that, and then there's the reasons to engage in it in the first place. Showing off their style of doing it is not it's own justification or a cause to have wars for. It's an effect.

The real cause is something they're apparently going to be asked to go without from now on, and I won't stand for that. Whatever that's worth.
You're wrong. Love and family and nature and happiness are never mentioned in the Warcraft RTS.

Remember: Tyrande killed her own people who guarded Illidan's prison out of desperation to solve the Burning Legion issue when she could have very well protected her home and family by issuing orders.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:14 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
You're wrong. Love and family and nature and happiness are never mentioned in the Warcraft RTS.
Someone else not being able to read between lines and think for themselves is not my problem, sorry. This stuff is implicit in any war story about entire nations, no matter how cool you think the gore effects are. And that's beside all the on-screen lover talk between the elves heroes, and how pretty much everything they're doing is aimed at saving people they have a responsibility to or a reason to care about.
Also, the Stormrage brothers would like to have a word with you about Tyrande in general.

Quote:
Remember: Tyrande killed her own people who guarded Illidan's prison out of desperation to solve the Burning Legion issue when she could have very well protected her home and family by issuing orders.
Yes, let's bring out the one and only thing anyone ever brings up. Over the years it has been used to support literally anything, given the mind-boggling amount of inconsistency it has in light of all that other stuff no one ever has anything to say about.

I mean, I could just point out that it's Illidan, who Tyrande would've had a reason to care about, but I'm sure that'd just get bogged down in your conveniently fluid definitions of home and family, or some other nonsense that any argument over this scene always devolves into.

Last edited by Icefrost; 11-09-2017 at 05:23 AM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft