Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 02-01-2018, 05:36 PM

The Knight-Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Chi is just the pandaren word for Spirit, the element of life. So the question is, are spirits made of Spirit?
The problem is that the word “soul” and “spirit” appear to be distinct in the Warcraft franchise’s context. At least, that’s how it appears to me.

A soul appears to be an amalgamation of spirit — Chi — that was birthed by (and belongs to — is tethered to) a living host. The soul is also the ethereal copy of the living host it’s Birthed from. Chi, on the other hand, appears to me to be the raw energy that has the potential to form into a soul when enough of it forms in a living being.

My point here is to explore the distinction between Chi and souls, if there is one. They must be different... otherwise Monk’s and Shaman are a lot darker then they appear to many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 02-02-2018 at 03:26 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Arch-Druid

Consider: Kaja'mite is azerite from the first time Azeroth bled out, with Y'Shaarj. This is why it is found near the Maelstrom, where the wound was.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 PM

Eternal

That'd be cool.

Goblin Renaissance?
Old 02-03-2018, 06:43 AM

Eternal

Enlightened Goblins for next allied race.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, or FruitLab.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:20 PM

Glaive Thrower

so whats the current state of supposed tauren tech advancement. was taurajo that big a blow? retcon? tauren riflemen not forsaken, but forgotten?

tauren chieftain was best hero in w3, shouldve been a hero class instead of an allied race imo. if elves get one of their own..
Old 02-26-2018, 09:15 PM

Eternal

There are a bunch of blacksmithing questlines in Highmountain dealing with an entire tribe of tauren devoted to smithing called the Ironhorn.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:49 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
There are a bunch of blacksmithing questlines in Highmountain dealing with an entire tribe of tauren devoted to smithing called the Ironhorn.
IIRC they just have regular cow horns rather than moose horns so maybe they're not "real" highmountain tauren?

On the other hand, the Tauren seem to be pretty advanced when it comes to civil engineering; they made the giant elevators in Thunder Bluff and the Great Lift in Thousand Needles, and you can see the complicated gearwork in the elevators in Thunder Totem.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:56 AM

Eternal

They don't have the blessing of Cenarius but they are tauren who live on Highmountain so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 02-27-2018, 06:47 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Doesn't the Ironhorns' ancestor have moose horns?
Old 02-27-2018, 07:01 AM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

Yes, he does.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Doesn't the Ironhorns' ancestor have moose horns?
Yep.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rethu_Ironhorn

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 03-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Ranger

You know, back in the day I had this headcanon that the Arthas we play as in WC3 after Frostmourne was picked up was really the sword with its collection of souls feasting upon the now dead prince's memories. I saw it as fitting in with the Lich King's state as a floating mass of psyhic power.

Last edited by Cacofonix; 03-01-2018 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 PM

Keeper of the Grove

What're the Illidari to do now that their mission is complete?
Old 03-07-2018, 03:21 AM

Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
I guess there are plenty of demons still at large. I guess they will have Illidan as some sort of God to follow and keep killing everything demon-related.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:18 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitrix View Post
I guess there are plenty of demons still at large. I guess they will have Illidan as some sort of God to follow and keep killing everything demon-related.
Hmmm, I don't buy it. Too volatile and dangerous. Nobody wants these fuckers around. Not even Illidan! I just bet that the Watchers are comin' to lock 'em back up.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
The same thing the Ebon Hold did?

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't buy it. Too volatile and dangerous. Nobody wants these fuckers around. Not even Illidan! I just bet that the Watchers are comin' to lock 'em back up.
Not wanting them is not the same as not needing them. What can the watchers do when their base is a demon ship on a demon planet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.

Last edited by Noitora; 03-07-2018 at 07:23 AM..
Old 03-07-2018, 08:42 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
Consider: Kaja'mite is azerite from the first time Azeroth bled out, with Y'Shaarj. This is why it is found near the Maelstrom, where the wound was.
Wouldn't make sense.

We know that Mimiron created the goblins by experimenting on native life forms with kaja'mite. We know the goblins existed prior to the WotA (and thus the creation of the Maelstrom) because they were around to weld the plates onto Deathwing the first time around. Thus, Kaja'mite cannot be the result of Azeroth being wounded.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:59 PM

Hippogryph

If Blizzard is sticking to it's implied goal of two continents for two factions, and the Alliance takes the plaguelands, what's going to happen to the Argent Crusade, and it's multi-racial makeup(Orcs, tauren, etc.)?
Old 03-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
If Blizzard is sticking to it's implied goal of two continents for two factions, and the Alliance takes the plaguelands, what's going to happen to the Argent Crusade, and it's multi-racial makeup(Orcs, tauren, etc.)?
Nothing because they're neutral?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omacron View Post
Wouldn't make sense.

We know that Mimiron created the goblins by experimenting on native life forms with kaja'mite. We know the goblins existed prior to the WotA (and thus the creation of the Maelstrom) because they were around to weld the plates onto Deathwing the first time around. Thus, Kaja'mite cannot be the result of Azeroth being wounded.
I don't see how does your point goes against his. I suggest re-reading his post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:33 PM

Loremaster

Since the original wound's blood was pooling in areas as far apart as Un'goro, Sholazar and the Vale, were it the "original Azerite," it wouldn't make much sense for Kaja'mite to only be found in the vicinity of the Well/Maelstrom when Azeroth's blood was gushing all over the place and spilling into rather distance parts of Ancient Kalimdor. Otherwise one would expect to also find a bunch of Kaja'mite on at least three of the four primary post-Sundering continents.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Eternal

Quote:
I had a very neat concept the other day to continue some class stories. We know that demons flock to power, and what better place now represents demonic power than the Council of the Black Harvest? They have various important demons in the ir services, including the Eredar Twins. So, what if the Council begins to recruit and lord over a growing number of demonstra, some of very high rank, claiming to do so with the best interests of Azeroth in mind? Well, the Illidari would certainly have issues with this, most likely not trusting that these power-hungry warlocks would keep to peace.

Neat class conflict could ensue. I'll talk about the idea I had for another class, the paladins, below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
Another concept I had is that as the "Fourth War" begins between the Alliance and the Horde, the Order of the Silver Hand realizes that each member order beneath its umbrella has duties to uphold towards their people and nations. With sad hearts, the Blood Knights and the Sunwalkers break from the Silver Hand, and any members from the Argent Crusade that still identify as Horde go with them.

Then, the Silver Hand, and of course the Argent Crusade beneath it, commits fully to the Alliance, aiding in the reconquest of Lordaeron.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:43 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
Another concept I had is that as the "Fourth War" begins between the Alliance and the Horde, the Order of the Silver Hand realizes that each member order beneath its umbrella has duties to uphold towards their people and nations. With sad hearts, the Blood Knights and the Sunwalkers break from the Silver Hand, and any members from the Argent Crusade that still identify as Horde go with them.

Then, the Silver Hand, and of course the Argent Crusade beneath it, commits fully to the Alliance, aiding in the reconquest of Lordaeron.
Until something like this happens, it's gonna be real awkward at the Silver Hand get-togethers. "Hey, Toji Ragetotem! I think I killed your brother the other day..." "Oh hey, Marcus! Sorry about your loss, man... But, y'know, Light's judgement and all that. Your brother must've been a real scumbag."
Old 03-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Nothing because they're neutral?
They showed in the trailer for BfA the alliance taking over the plaguelands, home of the Argents, though that could be hyperbole on Blizzard's part.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:09 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
According to blizz, they go home and rejoin their respective factions.

Tags
go'el's gaol, high elf menopause, lore, lorebat, random, tubers, warcraft, world of warcraft