Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 07:11 AM

Faerie Dragon

If we get new races during the patch cycle (and I hope we do) there are many options, I can't wait to put my hands on the beta files to see if they are ready to be playable.

Kul tirans (Fat Vrykul) - I think these are the obvious choice for the Alliance, the whole point of Kul Tiras is to get these guys into the Alliance, and frankly, they should be one of the races at launch instead of the Dark Iron to counter the Zandalari.

Vulpera - These are tricky, we already have gnomes and goblins, maybe they could be neutral like the Pandaren?

Tortollan - These could fit the alliance really well I think, using the ancient Tortola as a bridge to get them.

Sethrak - My favorites so far, if they are enemies of the Zandalari, and if there is not a rogue faction of them or something, they should go into the Alliance.

The problem I see is that a lot of the new races fit really well into the Alliance, the Sethrak could be the exception if there is a Horde-friendly faction, maybe give Kul Tirans and Tortollan to the Alliance and Sethrak and Vulpera to the Horde.

Altho I must say...this could be a good expansion to add Hozen and Jinju, just saying.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:23 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnos View Post
If we get new races during the patch cycle (and I hope we do) there are many options, I can't wait to put my hands on the beta files to see if they are ready to be playable.

Kul tirans (Fat Vrykul) - I think these are the obvious choice for the Alliance, the whole point of Kul Tiras is to get these guys into the Alliance, and frankly, they should be one of the races at launch instead of the Dark Iron to counter the Zandalari.

Vulpera - These are tricky, we already have gnomes and goblins, maybe they could be neutral like the Pandaren?

Tortollan - These could fit the alliance really well I think, using the ancient Tortola as a bridge to get them.

Sethrak - My favorites so far, if they are enemies of the Zandalari, and if there is not a rogue faction of them or something, they should go into the Alliance.

The problem I see is that a lot of the new races fit really well into the Alliance, the Sethrak could be the exception if there is a Horde-friendly faction, maybe give Kul Tirans and Tortollan to the Alliance and Sethrak and Vulpera to the Horde.

Altho I must say...this could be a good expansion to add Hozen and Jinju, just saying.
I'll make a few wild guesses here. I think they'll add a pair of races for each (either 8.X.0 or 8.X.5) patch. As such, we may double allied races at the end of the expansion cycle (3 races for Alliance, 3 for Horde). The reputations/questlines could be introduced in 8.X.0 patches, and the recruitment scenarios could be available in 8.X.5 patches.

Kul Tirans are the only allied race that is truly likely at this point. I'm not sure about vulpera, sethrak or tortollans and will wait to see their roles in the leveling/campaign/reputations before assuming any of them will be playable. I'd say vulpera are somewhat likely due to fan response, dunno about the others.

I'd look for some classic races as possibilities as well. I'm still thinking we may see broken, given the 7.3 models, and the allied race system is a perfect way to finally add ogres without needing an expansion based on them.

- A better signature coming soon(ish).

Last edited by Deicide; 12-22-2017 at 07:25 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Sentinel Queen

I'd hate to get Kul Tiras humans. Why give us these guys, with no current lore tied to them, when we already have the cool, established Stormheim vrykul? Because of the size issue? The playable tauren and nightborne are not their canon sizes and seem to be getting along just fine.

If they want to give the Alliance half-giants then give us vrykul. We shouldn't compromise by getting Kul Tiras humans when we already compromised by getting high elves in the form of void elves.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post
I'd hate to get Kul Tiras humans. Why give us these guys, with no current lore tied to them, when we already have the cool, established Stormheim vrykul? Because of the size issue? The playable tauren and nightborne are not their canon sizes and seem to be getting along just fine.

If they want to give the Alliance half-giants then give us vrykul. We shouldn't compromise by getting Kul Tiras humans when we already compromised by getting high elves in the form of void elves.
Kul Tirans you could get some more unique race/class combos out of though. You could pretty easily justify Kul Tiran druids and shamans, which would be a little more of a stretch for vrykul (I guess you could argue the runebinders are shamans, but they seem more like mages enslaving elementals).

I do agree though that the foreshadowing for the Stormheim vrykul as an allied race is overwhelming, being on par with the nightborne. I have a feeling they were originally planned but were scrapped for whatever reason, hence why Dark Iron dwarves are the only allied race that aren't related to either Legion or BfA content.

They could have gone straight to Kul Tirans, which would make so much more sense given we recruit the Dark Irons while at Kul Tiras somehow, but perhaps Blizzard wants them to have more exposure to make people more interested in playing one first (even void elves have had some build up via Alleria).
Old 12-22-2017, 11:22 AM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I think from here on out we are only going to get the ones that are well mostly just reskins.

Like all but zandalari (but you could probably say they are a more "rare" case)
Old 12-22-2017, 12:43 PM

Arch-Druid

Now that I think about it I'm pretty hyped to see the Zandalari hair style options, pretty much all the time they are either baled or have the rare occasional mohawk.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:05 PM

Arch-Druid

I actually agree with Gurzog that I doubt we'll get traditional races again now that allied races require less investment from the art and quest teams.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:08 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
I actually agree with Gurzog that I doubt we'll get traditional races again now that allied races require less investment from the art and quest teams.
And it works out well enough given most people only care about how they look.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:37 PM

Banished

I hope the 6 realm slot thing is included when buying the expansion when preordering.

I want 6 realm slots added so i can have more characters on my main realm.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:22 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

I would be happy, to have a stromgardian human or a kultiran even if it's just the same skin but they give me a starting zone and a background to my character. That would be even better than just a fat reskin.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mending View Post

After void elves, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them rejecting perfectly well-stablished races to include never-before-seen knock-offs in their place.

Old 12-22-2017, 04:55 PM

Banished

Now you are being nitpicky.

Stromgarde humans are essentially the same as any lordaeron or stormwind humans.

Just because they get added/extended hair doesnt make them an allied race.

That is just so beyond retarded you would need someone to actually untangle your fucking brain, because clearly it is tied like a bunch of shoe ties.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:48 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I hope we get an explanation, allied race or not, on what's up with the bulky Kul Tirans. So far we've seen that the majority of Kul Tirans are identical to regular humans, but then there's these guys who are on average three feet taller and look almost identical to overweight beardless to short-bearded vrykul. Are they the result of interbreeding with the Drust? Some sort of recessive vrykul genes showing up again (which would make a great pun of Vry-Kul Tiras)?
Old 12-22-2017, 05:57 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
I hope we get an explanation, allied race or not, on what's up with the bulky Kul Tirans. So far we've seen that the majority of Kul Tirans are identical to regular humans, but then there's these guys who are on average three feet taller and look almost identical to overweight beardless to short-bearded vrykul. Are they the result of interbreeding with the Drust? Some sort of recessive vrykul genes showing up again (which would make a great pun of Vry-Kul Tiras)?
Maybe the actual burly humans are just a little taller than regular humans, and the ones we've seen are NPCs scaled to appear bigger just like they do to most bosses?

Old 12-22-2017, 06:26 PM

Warden

It's a stretch, but I do hope with Azshara being dealt with mid-expansion that opens the possibility of naga being introduced as an Allied Race. Removing a leader doesn't mean an entire species disappears or its civilization collapses, and I can easily see the naga fragmenting into different factions, one among them possibly joining the Alliance or Horde.

Wishful thinking, but let me have this.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:28 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apep View Post
It's a stretch, but I do hope with Azshara being dealt with mid-expansion that opens the possibility of naga being introduced as an Allied Race. Removing a leader doesn't mean an entire species disappears or its civilization collapses, and I can easily see the naga fragmenting into different factions, one among them possibly joining the Alliance or Horde.

Wishful thinking, but let me have this.
Is anyone else bothered by Azshara being slotted as a mid-expansion raid boss? She's an A-level villain, one of the big baddies of Warcraft. She's arguably of the same caliber as the Lich King and Deathwing, but instead she's being put in the same league as Anub'arak, Lei Shen, and Mar'gok. Not that there's anything wrong with those folks, but they're farm league material compared to her. Azshara deserved a spot in the box art for an expansion set, not a spot on some patch wallpaper.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:18 PM

Druid of the Talon

About the Vrykul, perhaps the reason they haven't been made an Allied Race yet is because their animation set is too unique, and whatever side they would have ended, the other would have harped on why the other get the one truly unique race.

So unless Vrykul get intriduced as an "old school" race, which seems unlikely as it's hard to believe yet another vrykul zone, now as a starting experience, is even needed, Blizzard may be holding out for another race that would be a better equivalent to the vrykul to truly even things out.

In a way, if we get Kul Tirans, who share Vrykul animations, on the alliance, would be a good enough balance to give the Horde Vrykul? Perhaps in terms of Broken Isles hegemony, no, since the horde is already getting NB and HM.

So what other race could be developed to give it to the Horde? Vulpera? Snake people? Actual remaining Drust who have sided their remnants with the horde to expel Kul'Tirans from their ancient lands -and the realization they are indeed, Vrykul, yet perhaps a bit different?-
Old 12-22-2017, 10:58 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Akir View Post
Is anyone else bothered by Azshara being slotted as a mid-expansion raid boss? She's an A-level villain, one of the big baddies of Warcraft. She's arguably of the same caliber as the Lich King and Deathwing, but instead she's being put in the same league as Anub'arak, Lei Shen, and Mar'gok. Not that there's anything wrong with those folks, but they're farm league material compared to her. Azshara deserved a spot in the box art for an expansion set, not a spot on some patch wallpaper.
I feel the same way but sadly it is the same way. Similar thing happened with Kil'jaeden, who corrupted the orcs and created the Lich King but didn't really have much story outside of the raid+ the cinematic.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:51 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Considering half the population worships Eyir, I doubt the Stormheim Vrykul would be anything but Alliance.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 12-23-2017, 04:13 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
I feel the same way but sadly it is the same way. Similar thing happened with Kil'jaeden, who corrupted the orcs and created the Lich King but didn't really have much story outside of the raid+ the cinematic.
I agree that Kil'jaeden's treatment in Legion was lackluster, but to be fair, he had already been the final boss of an expansion before.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 12-23-2017, 04:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Yes, I feel like she's a big enough villain to carry her own expansion.

But the PvE element of BfA is so little explored (none of the raids and most of the dungeons have anything to do with AvH) that Blizzard is obviously withholding information on what the expansion truly is about.

As such, Azshara's role may be bigger than just "1st tier final boss".

Old 12-23-2017, 04:57 AM

Banished

Quote:
She is about as powerful as AU guldan
She serves the same thing in legion, she is more equivalent to blackhand, in raid tier stuff than Margok.

also remember:

She might be the boss of a smaller raid.

You guys have been exaggerating azshara for years.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Night Elf Icon (War3)

She could just escape again, like the last time we kicked her royal arse.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:27 AM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
Now you are being nitpicky.

Stromgarde humans are essentially the same as any lordaeron or stormwind humans.

Just because they get added/extended hair doesnt make them an allied race.

That is just so beyond retarded you would need someone to actually untangle your fucking brain, because clearly it is tied like a bunch of shoe ties.
Hey, let me fantasize with my new red character leveling around Arathi Highlands and go enjoy that elven faction that Blizzard calls the Horde.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:30 AM

Banished

I think you guys overestimate the role of the main villain of expansion. Like Lei Shen existed only for one patch, but became one of the best villains (definitely better than the main villain of previous xpac) all because content related to him was made really well. So I don't really care if Azshara ends up with only one patch if it'll be made well. But I'm pretty sure we not going to kill her this time.

Last edited by Aram; 12-23-2017 at 05:36 AM..

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft