Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-16-2018, 01:51 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_C View Post
Optics. The Darkspear Rebellion was a in-Horde business. Vol'jin led it, with help from other Horde elements. The Alliance was conducting a parallel campaign against the Horde, but, AFAIK, there was no partnership between Varian and Vol'jin, or similar - not anything even close to the level of cooperation saw in the SSO or the Northrend Campaign, at least.

Here, the information that has been datamined makes it seem like Saurfang is outright selling out the Horde and partnering with the Alliance. It's a much more drastic move than the Darkspear Rebellion. I'm not saying that he is wrong, I'm saying that, IMO, Horde players wouldn't take well to this kind of airing the Horde's dirty laundry, instead of solving the problem internally.
On the other hand this is the second time the Alliance has had Saurfang dead to rights only to grant him mercy, and in Anduin's case it's also immediately after Saurfang was complicit in real bad shit and was straight up asking for death.

If this doesn't have any influence on Saurfang's future actions vis-a-vis the Alliance then he is officially a Shit Character.
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:23 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

HM tauren have more chest hair.

Also What happened to taurens love for battle?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:45 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
On the other hand this is the second time the Alliance has had Saurfang dead to rights only to grant him mercy, and in Anduin's case it's also immediately after Saurfang was complicit in real bad shit and was straight up asking for death.

If this doesn't have any influence on Saurfang's future actions vis-a-vis the Alliance then he is officially a Shit Character.
I just think that this may be a false flag. If the Christie Golden quote about "fake stuff being put there to be datamined" is real, this smells like false flag. It's too offensive for the Horde players and too good for Alliance players (in the sense of a beloved and iconic Horde character "going Alliance") to be true.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:24 PM

Faerie Dragon
Send a message via MSN to Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
So Taelia, one of the characters we encounter a lot in Kul Tiras, had the quest where she talks about her parents updated this build:

So it looks pretty likely that she's Bolvar's daughter.
Sounds like she was told that before Daelin died. Maybe it's Gavinrad's.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Sounds like she was told that before Daelin died. Maybe it's Gavinrad's.
But Gavinrad didn't die to "defeat the Lich King," he just go murdered by Arthas and utterly failed at his task of stopping him from resurrecting Kel'thuzad.

Also the wording "my father sent me here. Then he... well, all I've been told" is storytelling 101 for "there's a much deeper mystery to this that Taelia isn't telling you or hasn't been told herself" which again doesn't really match Gavinrad.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:03 PM

Ranger

Quote:
Optics. The Darkspear Rebellion was a in-Horde business. Vol'jin led it, with help from other Horde elements. The Alliance was conducting a parallel campaign against the Horde, but, AFAIK, there was no partnership between Varian and Vol'jin, or similar - not anything even close to the level of cooperation saw in the SSO or the Northrend Campaign, at least.

Here, the information that has been datamined makes it seem like Saurfang is outright selling out the Horde and partnering with the Alliance. It's a much more drastic move than the Darkspear Rebellion. I'm not saying that he is wrong, I'm saying that, IMO, Horde players wouldn't take well to this kind of airing the Horde's dirty laundry, instead of solving the problem internally.
As a Horde Player I hope Saurfang shows up on the Battlefield clad in Blue and Gold just to put an axe in Sylvanas' head.

The Horde has been a mess and if it's gotten to the poitn where Varok Motherfucking Saurfang is saying sod it than any other Horde player worth thier salt should be able to see the writing on the Wall.

The Darkspear rebellion wasn't even an internal affair either. Not when they had to outreach to the Alliance and even then Varian was aware of the schism growing in the Horde ever since the Pre-Mists novel. Saurfang showing up to talk to Anduin should be all they need to see to know that something has utterly gone awry.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
So destroyed Teldrassil is just going to be a skybox effect? I mean it's a good use/extension of the Argus skybox tech, but what happens when someone flies to Teldrassil's physical location? Will they just put a big invisible wall?
That skybox isn't for the gameworld and is specifically labeled for 'Darkshore Scenario'. They may not do anything for the actual gameworld or maybe the new model will just be a burnt stump.

Last edited by Leviathon; 03-16-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 02:48 AM

Glaive Thrower

im switching mains from horde to alli for the first time since i started playing at the start of BC.(except for my zandalari girl, she'll be rollin hard). i never really cared about faction war but now that im forced to think abt it, the horde is shit with shit motivations. orcs undead goblin die already
Old 03-17-2018, 07:56 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxar View Post
im switching mains from horde to alli for the first time since i started playing at the start of BC.(except for my zandalari girl, she'll be rollin hard). i never really cared about faction war but now that im forced to think abt it, the horde is shit with shit motivations. orcs undead goblin die already
I’m confused. I see you say you don’t like the horde. I see others say the same, but I then see those same people defend every action the Horde takes against the Alliance. What is the Horde doing wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 AM

Priestess of the Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I’m confused. I see you say you don’t like the horde. I see others say the same, but I then see those same people defend every action the Horde takes against the Alliance. What is the Horde doing wrong?
I imagine that's true for the same reason that I take Night Elven victories from the text when I find them, but still complain that those victories aren't well represented. A lot of Horde players don't like the direction the faction is going in, and are looking for reasons to be able to say that they haven't joined a faction of baby munching monsters.

I'm sympathetic to that, and I hope that Blizzard takes steps to portray the Horde more favorably. If they can't though, my message to those fans is the same message I have to Night Elf fans if the worst comes true: you are not going to change anything about how the parts of this franchise you like are written if you do not pull subscription money, make it clear why you've done so, and make it clear what will bring you back. AAA developers will not change their tune until the hard financials tell them to do so. Otherwise, you should not expect improvement, and you should not expect change.

Last edited by Kyalin V. Raintree; 03-17-2018 at 09:12 AM..
Old 03-17-2018, 09:36 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
Some people didn't sign up to be baby killers.
Also, I wonder if Saurfang will become the new Warchief or will he end up dying and we'll get Eitrigg or some other shit.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:29 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedmage View Post
Some people didn't sign up to be baby killers.
Also, I wonder if Saurfang will become the new Warchief or will he end up dying and we'll get Eitrigg or some other shit.
I'd be sad for Baine being shafted again (maybe even literally, who knows who dies next) but i could get behind a Warchief Saurfang. Been saying that since SoO. If not Baine, make it Saurfang. "Too old" my ass.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:34 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

If any single person is going to be a Warchief after Sylvanas, it's going to be Baine.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM

Eternal

Kor'kron Vanguard in Zuldazar were name changed to Horde Vanguard. Still have the Kor'kron armor but changed the tabard to a more generic Horde tabard.

What a bummer.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:36 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
Kor'kron Vanguard in Zuldazar were name changed to Horde Vanguard. Still have the Kor'kron armor but changed the tabard to a more generic Horde tabard.

What a bummer.
While I would have preferred they stay Kor'kron, it's easy to see what story reason Blizzard would feel important to change it; Siege of Orgrimmar wasn't too long ago lorewise, and that saw the entirety of the Kor'kron committing atrocities against non-orc and goblin horde races. Remember the firing squad executing trolls. Their name could be irreparably tainted to the rest of the Horde, especially with Sylvanas as Warchief, who has had reason to hate the Kor'kron for even longer.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:54 PM

Chimaera

Quote:

What a bummer.
Well, what's the status of the Kor'kron after SoO? Some of the thigns I've read seemed to imply they had gone down with Garrosh. In this case, such a change would make sense...

As for who'll be Warchief, my money is on Baine. No way that little cutscene where he did Sylvanas' job and gave an impassioned speech was just coincidence.

Saurfang is probably gonna bite it this xpac. Much has been said about his old age and his death wish. He'll probably go down in blaze of glory, like he wants to.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:13 PM

Arch-Druid

The only way I see Saurfang dying is if Thrall comes back, since Saurfang dying would make the orcs leaderless yet again and Saurfang only just got the job.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Chimaera

The Kor'kron are very much still around after the Siege of Orgrimmar and can even be recruited in Skyhold, so this change and the possible explanation that the Kor'kron aren't around because they earned a bad reputation after SoO doesn't make much sense to me.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Kor'kron#Legion

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 03-17-2018, 01:45 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
As for who'll be Warchief, my money is on Baine. No way that little cutscene where he did Sylvanas' job and gave an impassioned speech was just coincidence.
We've been down that road before... that fucking pantsless Troll.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:53 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
We've been down that road before... that fucking pantsless Troll.
In that case I think it entirely came down to how memetic Vol'jin's speech to Garrosh in Cata was, especially since it happened before they were even 100% committed to having him be a villain so it seemed like excellent retroactive foreshadowing.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:18 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
The only way I see Saurfang dying is if Thrall comes back, since Saurfang dying would make the orcs leaderless yet again and Saurfang only just got the job.
Well... How old is Thrall Jr supposed to be right now?
Old 03-17-2018, 03:08 PM

Chimaera

Quote:
Well... How old is Thrall Jr supposed to be right now?
Around 2 years old.

Previous avatars: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Old 03-17-2018, 05:46 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

To be honest, I've always disliked the Kor'kron. Elite troops that get used like trash mobs get devalued pretty fast. Not only are they too numerous but also not any harder to defeat than other Horde troops.

Thrall should just have stuck to keeping some of the elusive Burning Blade Blademasters in his retinue.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:44 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
To be honest, I've always disliked the Kor'kron. Elite troops that get used like trash mobs get devalued pretty fast. Not only are they too numerous but also not any harder to defeat than other Horde troops.

Thrall should just have stuck to keeping some of the elusive Burning Blade Blademasters in his retinue.
By that same logic, the SI:7 and the 7th Legion are also jokes along with every other Horde and Alliance 'elite force' that is constantly used as generic quest mobs.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:34 AM

Loremaster

Quote:
By that same logic, the SI:7 and the 7th Legion are also jokes along with every other Horde and Alliance 'elite force' that is constantly used as generic quest mobs.
Honestly, yeah.

They're "elite" champions who kick ass against stuff like the Legion at Hyjal, the Scourge in Dragonblight and the Qiraji in Silithus, yet suffer a collective breakdown and stumble around getting their teeth kicked in as soon as the enemy is the other player faction.

It's the Seventh damned Legion. They've got at least six others to let players stomp all over, so why keep going back to it? We're at the point where if you're the Horde, the entire Seventh Legion feels like less of a threat than ten random footmen who aren't in it.

Hell, the Alliance forces in the Barrens are more successful against the Horde than the Seventh Legion, just like Krom'gar's armies in Stonetalon were more successful against the Alliance than the Kor'kron have ever been.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft