Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Iiiiiiii got a Brewfest Kodo

Brewfest Kodo
Kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodo
kodokodokodokodokodokodokodo *runs in circles*
Old 09-24-2018, 04:48 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Since it's a skin instead of a face option, that means you can use the black eyes with every night elf face option, whereas blood elves can only have gold eyes with three specific faces.
Yeah, but, on the other hand,the blood elves can use those faces with all of their skins, while the night warrior can have only the one skin.

Truth is: it would be better if both cases were their own customization category. But since they aren't, at least give us more than one single option.

(Night elves should have option for silver, golden or darkened eyes, damn it.)

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 09-24-2018, 11:42 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Rotal View Post
Iiiiiiii got a Brewfest Kodo

Brewfest Kodo
Kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodo
kodokodokodokodokodokodokodo *runs in circles*
Gratz!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:45 PM

Sha of Disappointment

Old 09-24-2018, 06:44 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Is that a plateau or a valley?
Old 09-26-2018, 03:45 PM

Elune

Blizzcon virtual ticket rewards revealed and the WoW one is pretty underwhelming, I feel.

Alliance and Horde cloaks as well as banners you can put down. Banners are well made at least but the cloaks really aren't anything super special. Hell, we've had ones with Alliance/Horde symbols on it for ages now anyway.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:08 PM

Arch-Druid

So, Realmpop.com has finally updated its algorithm. After 8 months speculating on a generic "Unknown" race that was the sum of all allied races, we finally have numbers.

https://realmpop.com/us.html
https://realmpop.com/eu.html

Like I said early this year, we should only consider level 120 players, since that shows people's commitment to their most liked characters.

(US populations, but EU are very close to that)
Void Elves: 3.1%
Nightborne: 2.1%
Highmountain Tauren: 1.2%
Lightforged Draenei: 1%
Dark Iron Dwarves: 0.7%
Mag'har Orcs: 0.6%

Obviously, Dark Iron and Mag'har numbers will be lower since they were released last, and after people already had other level 120 characters in order to unlock them.

Together, they sum 9.7% of max level player population. Not bad. But, aside from the elves, they are not very common.

There are more nightborne than goblins or Horde pandaren.
There are more void elves than dwarves, worgen, gnomes or Alliance pandaren.
All other allied races are less common than any of the standard races.

A whooping 65% of Lightforged Draenei are paladins. Blizzard made a single-theme race indeed...

Void elves show the potential that high elves could have had. They are the most popular of the allied races. They didn't make a dent on faction imbalance, which has increased even more in the Horde's favor. Horde is now 55.2% of players. I think this undoes a lot of arguments against high elves... Oh, well.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 PM

Sha of Disappointment

I wonder what these numbers would look like if they didn't start at level 20. Sure it's not a HUGE timesaver but it's 120 levels, every bit helps. And i'm not surprised the Velfs are high up. Lightforged Draenei barely look different to regular Draenei, there's hardly a point in playing one if you already own a spacegoat. And the Void Elfs actually offer something NEW to Alliance players.

I'm a bit surprised about the low amount if Highmountain Tauren, though. I see them everywhere on my realmpool.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:58 PM

Eternal

Alliance finally gets Bland Elves while Horde gets Spooky Night Elves.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Alliance finally gets Bland Elves while Horde gets Spooky Night Elves.
Well, if nothing else, it would mean both factions get a certain kind of trifecta of elves (nocturnal elf, diurnal elf, goth elf) going on.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:49 AM

Arch-Druid

this thread is very interesting

Blood Elf Player should have Blue Eyes during Blood Elf Heritage Scenario because it takes place when they were still High Elf and before their eyes became green, so this change could be related to it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...TR-Build-27826

MMO-Champion PTR Model Viewer seems to have separated the eyes from face texture. Here's how you can see it.

1. Go to Blood Elf Guard Armor picture
2. Click Model Viewer
3. Select Character Model as Blood Elf
4. Click face and choose from 10 to 19.

You can have those faces with blue eyes on skin color from 0 to 9 which is non-DK and non-DH skin color. They're not DK eyes because DK eyes are attached to skin color 16-18 on model viewer. They're also not High Elf NPC eye color because their eyes are attached to the face, skin and they only have 3 skins. So this means:

Eye is separated from the face

So it might be just for Heritage Armor Scenario but would they really spent so much effort into just for this scenario? I think it's possible setup for Blue Eye customization.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769129917
Old 09-27-2018, 07:31 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

I remember during his infamous "the Horde is waiting for you" answer, Ion said they might just give blood elves a blue eye color option to stop people asking for high elves. Maybe it's happening?
Old 09-27-2018, 07:55 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
I remember during his infamous "the Horde is waiting for you" answer, Ion said they might just give blood elves a blue eye color option to stop people asking for high elves. Maybe it's happening?
"If you want to be a fair skinned, light haired, blue eyed elf...sorry, the horde is there waiting for you, maybe blue contacts will be added"
Old 09-27-2018, 08:51 AM

Sha of Disappointment

Quote:
It might be the ultimate troll-move by Blizzard... but i CAN see myself levelling another Warrior just for the Guard-transmog, provided we do get THAT as the heritage armor.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:27 AM

Troubadour

I double my bet on 9.0 being the neutral expansion and allowing alliance and horde races to group up together if they have war mode disabled

So yeah neutral blue-eyed blood elves

Pretty much high elves
Old 09-27-2018, 09:36 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
If he wants to be even more callous sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:42 AM

Arch-Druid

Again, the whole High Elf discussion is and always has been a pseudodebatte anyway.

Some people just can't get over the fact, that the "Traditional Good Faction" (Human, Dwarfs, etc..) didn't get the Lord of the Rings Elves this time.

By the way:

I'm actually glad that the Virtual Ticket Goodie is only the Vanilla Demo this time. Saves me money.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:45 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post
Again, the whole High Elf discussion is and always has been a pseudodebatte anyway.

Some people just can't get over the fact, that the "Traditional Good Faction" (Human, Dwarfs, etc..) didn't get the Lord of the Rings Elves this time.
To me at least, what's always been the issue is that if high elves aren't playable, Blizzard shouldn't have them be such a huge presence in the Alliance, with more lore and story focus than some playable races like gnomes and worgen. (For example, in Wrath and MoP, high elves had the most presence and focus of any Alliance race besides humans). Having them portrayed and a large and important part of the Alliance is going to make people want to play as them, or feel like the Alliance is missing something because all the other main races are playable.

I was thinking void elves would fix that, since Blizzard could just use them instead, but they're still using high elf NPCs quite a bit in BfA, so the problem keeps going.

Then there's also the aforementioned "the Horde is waiting for you comment," which made things worse by not only stirring the hornet's nest, but also appearing hypocritical. You could use the exact same logic to say Nightborne shouldn't be playable on the Horde.

Last edited by Insane Guy of Doom; 09-27-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Old 09-27-2018, 03:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
To me at least, what's always been the issue is that if high elves aren't playable, Blizzard shouldn't have them be such a huge presence in the Alliance, with more lore and story focus than some playable races like gnomes and worgen. (For example, in Wrath and MoP, high elves had the most presence and focus of any Alliance race besides humans). Having them portrayed and a large and important part of the Alliance is going to make people want to play as them, or feel like the Alliance is missing something because all the other main races are playable.

I was thinking void elves would fix that, since Blizzard could just use them instead, but they're still using high elf NPCs quite a bit in BfA, so the problem keeps going.

Then there's also the aforementioned "the Horde is waiting for you comment," which made things worse by not only stirring the hornet's nest, but also appearing hypocritical. You could use the exact same logic to say Nightborne shouldn't be playable on the Horde.
The nightborne can choose the color of blonde hair! blond elves feature faction of the horde!
Old 09-27-2018, 04:53 PM

Troubadour

Old 09-27-2018, 06:35 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:

I'm still expecting them to address this over the course of BfA. I think void elf "origin" story is not over and will be covered in the patches ahead, and eventually the high elves will somehow turn void.

It's not what I want to see. But it's what I'm expecting Blizzard to do. They need to finish their troll move and end this debate once and for all. My reaction will depend on how good the story ends up being...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
this thread is very interesting

Blood Elf Player should have Blue Eyes during Blood Elf Heritage Scenario because it takes place when they were still High Elf and before their eyes became green, so this change could be related to it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...TR-Build-27826

MMO-Champion PTR Model Viewer seems to have separated the eyes from face texture. Here's how you can see it.

1. Go to Blood Elf Guard Armor picture
2. Click Model Viewer
3. Select Character Model as Blood Elf
4. Click face and choose from 10 to 19.
Sorry, but those are DK faces. THe DK eyes attached to skins 16-18 are just the DK-only skins (those skins are also limited to a few faces only). The faces you mentioned with blue eyes are for the normal blood elf faces, but when used by DKs.

So no, this is no indication of playable blue-eyed blood elves.

Last edited by Deicide; 09-27-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 07:27 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
I'm still expecting them to address this over the course of BfA. I think void elf "origin" story is not over and will be covered in the patches ahead, and eventually the high elves will somehow turn void.

It's not what I want to see. But it's what I'm expecting Blizzard to do. They need to finish their troll move and end this debate once and for all. My reaction will depend on how good the story ends up being...

Sorry, but those are DK faces. THe DK eyes attached to skins 16-18 are just the DK-only skins (those skins are also limited to a few faces only). The faces you mentioned with blue eyes are for the normal blood elf faces, but when used by DKs.

So no, this is no indication of playable blue-eyed blood elves.
those eyes are from the face 10! and can be used in normal blood elf skins.

it would be so wonderful more personalization! It is also logical because in the flashback quest they should have blue eyes!
I think it could be a reward to finish
Old 09-27-2018, 07:41 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhllor View Post
those eyes are from the face 10! and can be used in normal blood elf skins.

it would be so wonderful more personalization! It is also logical because in the flashback quest they should have blue eyes!
I think it could be a reward to finish
Rhllor, let me explain again: DKs have access to all normal skins/faces of blood elves, plus 3 exclusive undead skins. Those faces you are seeing are the DK faces that mirror the normal faces. The other 3 skins are the DK-only ones.

WHat you are seeing in the model is nothing new. It has been there since the model revamp, and was in the old models as well since WotLK.

While I think Blizzard is planning on ending the high elves and turn them into void elves at some point, I doubt they will give blood elves blue eyes. Maybe, reaaaaally maybe, after the high elf issue has been dealt with.

---------------------------------------

Changing the subject, I was thinking on some of the BfA mysteries and... I think I have an idea on where Vol'jin's story is headed.

While I have no clue on what entity distracted him so he could be killed, then impersonated the Loa to mislead him in his final moments, I think the one who brought him back is... Rezan.

Rezan, being attuned to the Light, foresaw his own fate. So, he saved Vol'jin's spirit from whatever dark entity was holding him, and infused him with his Loa power.

When Rezan was killed, he was already weakened because of his actions.

Vol'jin will be the new Loa of Kings and Queens, and the patron of the Prelates, soon Prelates of Vol'jin.

Last edited by Deicide; 09-27-2018 at 07:53 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 08:14 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
Changing the subject, I was thinking on some of the BfA mysteries and... I think I have an idea on where Vol'jin's story is headed.

While I have no clue on what entity distracted him so he could be killed, then impersonated the Loa to mislead him in his final moments, I think the one who brought him back is... Rezan.

Rezan, being attuned to the Light, foresaw his own fate. So, he saved Vol'jin's spirit from whatever dark entity was holding him, and infused him with his Loa power.

When Rezan was killed, he was already weakened because of his actions.

Vol'jin will be the new Loa of Kings and Queens, and the patron of the Prelates, soon Prelates of Vol'jin.
Juicy.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft