Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 09-30-2018, 07:31 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
So it's that bad? I haven't been subscribed since last December because I didn't like the direction things were going.

How are monk and warlock? They're my mains.
monks were great in arena some weeks ago not sure anymore though. the playstyle got fucked up by the gcd changes like 90% of all classes.

warlocks are fucked afaik i havent played them aside from playing demo at the 8.0.1 start (not bfa)
Old 10-01-2018, 03:24 PM

Elune

So Xal'atath does some speaking and its actually in middle welsh:

Mae'n galw o'r dwn, mae ein haser wei dod.
Mae'r llygad mawr yn gwy'lio or ti willch.
Ne hi'n dod a'r canig. Rwain cig en i'w laad.
In t'e freud dwi'dia som dinas...

Translated (courtesy of the story forum):

He calls from the depths, our herald has come,
The great eye watches from the darkness,
And it calls, she is the sacrificial lamb,
In the dreaming city she will be slaughtered.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakiba View Post
So Xal'atath does some speaking and its actually in middle welsh:

Mae'n galw o'r dwn, mae ein haser wei dod.
Mae'r llygad mawr yn gwy'lio or ti willch.
Ne hi'n dod a'r canig. Rwain cig en i'w laad.
In t'e freud dwi'dia som dinas...

Translated (courtesy of the story forum):

He calls from the depths, our herald has come,
The great eye watches from the darkness,
And it calls, she is the sacrificial lamb,
In the dreaming city she will be slaughtered.
I wonder who dies? Sylvanas? Alleria? Azshara? Jaina? And if so does it trigger the release of Nzoth,
Old 10-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Elune

Since learning that something is positioning Sylvanas, I'm leaning toward her at this point. Make everyone hate her, sacrifice her.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:12 PM

Eternal

It would be an interesting development. Have an illusion of Helya or the woman herself down in Nazjatar to lure Sylvanas, and let the Alliance get there as well, and promptly have her killed, aw Ving as the sacrifice.

Another theory is that the "her" in "at the our of her third death, she ushers in our coming" could be Xal'atath herself. Death and sleep are synonyms for Old Gods, so perhaps her first death was when she initially got trapped in the dagger, and the second time when she absorbed a portion of Gorribal's poison.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:28 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

What if Sylvanas sacrifices her Val'kyrs to bring back Vol'jin as an incarnated Loa?
Old 10-03-2018, 03:21 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

I finally started reading Before the Storm, and one thing it does far better than the game is explaining why everyone and their mother is seeking out Azerite.

Why did I bring this up? Because seeing the 8.1 spoilers, I've got to wonder whether the val'kyr's ability to not only raise humans but also elves stems from the usage of Azerite to boost their abilities. I know that Sylvanas claimed to be able to raise blood elves during the Siege of Orgrimmar, but BFA is actually the first time she used this power. In other words, she might likely just have been yanking Lor'themar's chain before.

So what happens once Azeroth is healed and her blood loses its magical powers once more, turning red? Will they simply no longer be able to raise elves, or will all of their creations return to the grave, like a marionette whose strings have been cut? Will Forsaken turn against Forsaken, once the power of the begins controlling their actions (as I find it hard to believe that newly raised Forsaken truly posses free will) lose a good portion of their power and control over the undead?
Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post
warlocks are fucked afaik i havent played them aside from playing demo at the 8.0.1 start (not bfa)
Affliction is great, Destro in the Middle, Demo sucks.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:46 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
I finally started reading Before the Storm, and one thing it does far better than the game is explaining why everyone and their mother is seeking out Azerite.

Why did I bring this up? Because seeing the 8.1 spoilers, I've got to wonder whether the val'kyr's ability to not only raise humans but also elves stems from the usage of Azerite to boost their abilities. I know that Sylvanas claimed to be able to raise blood elves during the Siege of Orgrimmar, but BFA is actually the first time she used this power. In other words, she might likely just have been yanking Lor'themar's chain before.

So what happens once Azeroth is healed and her blood loses its magical powers once more, turning red? Will they simply no longer be able to raise elves, or will all of their creations return to the grave, like a marionette whose strings have been cut? Will Forsaken turn against Forsaken, once the power of the begins controlling their actions (as I find it hard to believe that newly raised Forsaken truly posses free will) lose a good portion of their power and control over the undead?
Nice points. That Nathanos story also shows that the ritual to empower Nathanos consumes a lot of power from the val'kyr, and that they'd need an outside power source (like the Lich King) in order to do so without consuming themselves. So, what if azerite can be used as a power source for the val'kyr? What other abilities could they have?

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 10-03-2018, 12:06 PM

Troubadour

Please ban rogues
Old 10-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Mike Morhaime is stepping down as President of Blizzard (he will remain at the company in an 'advisory' role) J. Allen Brack will be replacing him.

Also, thanks to some datamining of the little splash screen warfront stuff, we have our first looks at the updated Darkshore from a non mini-map perspective. It looks like they're not completely remaking the zone by replacing all the ground, trees and miscellaneous art assets with new updated textures like they did with Arathi. Instead it looks like it will be more like Cataclysm's zone updates (though they are using new night elf buildings, some from Legion and others brand new). Then again, the Arathi warfront splash screen images still show the much larger and more intricate rebuilt Stromgarde from Blizzcon instead of the one that made it in game, so maybe there's hope for more Darkshore updates.

Old 10-03-2018, 04:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Personally I chalked up the whole raising elves thing as being a part of the contract between Sylvanas and the Val'kyr. Basically the Val'kyr can raise humans due to being related with Vrykul, and since they're now bound to Sylvanas, that grants them High/Blood Elves.

And don't forget she had solid plans to raise Vereesa.

edit: New build, Death Empowered King Rastakhan. Is it me, or does that energy look kinda Infinite Dragon-like? I wouldn't give it much thought but there was that supposed 8.2 leak that talked about that other death Loa being Murozond and he being behind things. I chalked that up as fake but admittedly this is giving me pause now.

Last edited by Arakiba; 10-03-2018 at 04:18 PM..
Old 10-03-2018, 08:38 PM

Arch-Druid

The Night elf dark ranger voices are chilling. "We are all slaves to this torment", "I see only darkness" (upon dying).

Sylvanas seems to be mind controlling them indeed. THey are her drones.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:46 PM

Arch-Druid

https://de.wowhead.com/news=287647/p...-over-spoilers

More Voice Overs and Broadcast Text.

As excepted, the Horde seems to break out Lady Ashvane of Tol Dagor with the help of Rexxar and Valtrois. (The First's Capture was a ruse.)

Oh and......

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/794428.jpg

Could somebody rearrange this song for Saurfang, please?

Last edited by Vineyard; 10-04-2018 at 07:13 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 12:21 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post

More Voice Overs and Boradcast Text.

As excepted, the Horde seems to break out Lady Ashvane of Tol Barad with the help of Rexxar and Valtrois. (The First's Capture was a ruse.)
Tol Barad or that prison in Kul Tiras?

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, or DTube.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:53 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Gnome Ritual
I know what you must be thinking. Why would any otherwise intelligent beast choose this path for himself?
When I heard the gnomes were looking for a volunteer, I knew I had found my calling.
Their device converts intelligence into brute strength, and I'm the smartest among my kind.
It is not without risk, however.
I've been warned that my sharp wit will lose its edge after the procedure.
But as long as I keep this handsome face, should I really care?
I use humor to mask my anxiety.
Between friends, I am a little nervous.
Mostly I worry I won't be good enough.
I want to exceed everyone's expectations.
But we're in this together, $p, right? You won't let me fail.
I want to become so colossal that the Horde trembles in fear at the sight of me!
Whatever the cost, it will be worth it to see the Horde pay for what they have done.
I know the risks, $p. And I accept them.
I am ready to become a weapon of the Alliance.
We can use this power to our advantage. Go forth and destroy the Horde, but do it quickly! We can only hold the ritual for so long....

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287647/...-over-spoilers
Old 10-04-2018, 02:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Tol Barad or that prison in Kul Tiras?
The later, my mistake.

Edit:

Toki got lots of new VOs, which indicate many new World Quests related to Naga Attacks.

Last edited by Vineyard; 10-04-2018 at 03:49 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 07:03 AM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyard View Post

More Voice Overs and Boradcast Text.

As excepted, the Horde seems to break out Lady Ashvane of Tol Dagor with the help of Rexxar and Valtrois. (The First's Capture was a ruse.)

Oh and......

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/794428.jpg

Could somebody rearrange this song for Saurfang, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVHx23ByhM
Imagining this song playing while he runs through the woods after his escape is making me shiver a bit
Old 10-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
What if Sylvanas sacrifices her Val'kyrs to bring back Vol'jin as an incarnated Loa?
I doubt she would have a reason to do so, besides, I also doubt her Val'kyrs, even as powerful as they are no, have the power to turn someone into an incarnated Loa. THAT said, I do believe Vol'jin will become a Loa, just through some other mean. Maybe replacing Bwonsamdi?
Old 10-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Guys if you're going to fill the thread with black bars, just make another thread. I don't know why we let these things go beyond 100 pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjiro Aragaki View Post
I doubt she would have a reason to do so, besides, I also doubt her Val'kyrs, even as powerful as they are no, have the power to turn someone into an incarnated Loa. THAT said, I do believe Vol'jin will become a Loa, just through some other mean. Maybe replacing Bwonsamdi?
He's already a Loa.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:31 PM

Hippogryph Rider

I don't want to say "This is so bad"

but damn. This is so bad. Are you serious? they literally turn their backs on their people minutes after death?
Old 10-04-2018, 08:50 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjiro Aragaki View Post
I don't want to say "This is so bad"

but damn. This is so bad. Are you serious? they literally turn their backs on their people minutes after death?
Yes, it sounds very bad, but I think they are building their end-game. I don't think the recently-risen acting that way is an oversight or copout.

This expansion has had a lot of Death-related hints, and I think Nazja's theory that Sylvanas is empowering her val'kyr with Azerite is up to something.

Last edited by Deicide; 10-04-2018 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Troubadour

IIRC there's also a living Warden faction that has rebelled against the Night Elves

EDIT:

Last edited by Krainz; 10-04-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 02:10 AM

Treant

It's an obvious reference to Arthas and Sylvanas, now it's Sylvanas and Delaryn.

What I wonder are they going to be used only in Darkshore warfront and then ditched or we're looking at the future dark ranger class development. With the inevitable death expansion on its way, we're probably getting new death knights experience and either necromancer or dark ranger.

Tags
alliance whining, azeroth literally dying, battle for azeroth, for the whored, gilgoblins, mop 2.0 sucks, mop sucks, more like cata 2.0 sucks, quilboar bias, world of warcraft