Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > Halls of Lordaeron

Old 03-29-2019, 04:48 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
I don't really think that's comparable to Trump's business connections and the shit that his advisers have done at all then.
Right, one poisoned people and let a flood of drugs into the nation, directlyvhurtingvthe people he was supposed to lead. The others are white collar criminals.

They dont compare.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

Pretty sure you're making shit up, Ferlion. After all, we know that people are innocent until proven guilty, right? That's why we all have to admit that Trump did nothing wrong. And Obama hasn't been convicted of obstructing justice, let alone 'flooding the country with drugs', so it couldn't have happened. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaSalad View Post
You are pretty cool for being one of the bad guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
I was probably just upset about the Horde fleet in the Second War.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:55 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
Top FBI brass wanted to remove Trump from office through the 25th amendment because of their own fake Russia story. How are they anything but corrupt?

Stop looking at Reddit, Chapo, and Vox and get some perspective. The Russia story was fake news, stop harping on it like a bunch of brain dead drones.
"My colleagues might think it’s OK that the Russians offered dirt on the Democratic candidate for president as part of what’s described as the Russian government’s effort to help the Trump campaign. My colleagues might think it’s OK that when that was offered to the son of the president, who had a pivotal role in the campaign, that the son did not call the FBI, he did not adamantly refuse that foreign help — no, instead that son said he would ‘love’ the help with the Russians. You might think it was ok that he took that meeting. You might think it’s ok that Paul Manafort, the campaign chair, someone with great experience running campaigns, also took that meeting. You might think it’s ok that the president’s son-in-law also took that meeting. You might think it’s ok that they concealed it from the public. You might think it’s ok that their only disappointment after that meeting was that the dirt they received on Hillary Clinton wasn’t better. You might think it’s OK. I don’t.

You might think it’s OK that the president’s son-in-law sought to establish a secret back channel of communication with Russians through a Russian diplomatic facility. I don’t think that’s OK. You might think it’s OK that an associate of the president made direct contact with the GRU through Guccifer 2.0 and WikiLeaks. You might think it’s OK that a senior campaign official was instructed to reach that associate and find out what that hostile intelligence agency had to say, in terms of dirt on his opponent. You might think it’s OK that the national security adviser-designate secretly conferred with a Russian ambassador about undermining U.S. sanctions, and you might think it’s OK he lied about it to the FBI. You might say that’s all OK, that that’s just what you need to do to win. But I don’t think it’s OK. I think it’s immoral, I think it’s unethical, I think it’s unpatriotic and, yes, I think it’s corrupt, and evidence of collusion."

Meanwhile, Republicans refuse to let Congress see the report before donnie can have it censored.

Stop looking at Fox, t_d, and /pol/. Stop hating America and trying to tear down everything it stands for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
Pretty sure you're making shit up, Ferlion. After all, we know that people are innocent until proven guilty, right? That's why we all have to admit that Trump did nothing wrong. And Obama hasn't been convicted of obstructing justice, let alone 'flooding the country with drugs', so it couldn't have happened. Right?
Ruin is clearly a victim of Fake News.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 03-29-2019 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-29-2019, 06:10 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Erthad #1438

Smile

Quote:
The delusion that I've bought into and engaged with daily for the past two years has been proven to be a lie. It is reality that is wrong.
-Kakwakas

The full report will be released. We have the summary and there is no reason not to believe it other than tinfoil hat conspiratorial garbage.

I also like how you're preparing for the report to fully match with the the summary by trying to argue that any redactions are the equivalent of a full blown coverup. That way you can live in fantasy land for the next 10 years pretending that Trump is a traitor and those evil fascists somehow got away with it.

Quote:
t_d
I'm not even a trump supporter hahaha.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:42 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthad View Post
-Kakwakas

The full report will be released. We have the summary and there is no reason not to believe it other than tinfoil hat conspiratorial garbage.

I also like how you're preparing for the report to fully match with the the summary by trying to argue that any redactions are the equivalent of a full blown coverup. That way you can live in fantasy land for the next 10 years pretending that Trump is a traitor and those evil fascists somehow got away with it.
This isn't any "conspiratorial garbage." This is shit that actually happened. These are public things that Schiff mentioned in the quote.
You've fallen so far into the right-wing fake news that you're just dismissing it. You don't even make an argument.

And yes, you are a trump supporter. You're actively supporting him right now.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 03-29-2019 at 06:52 PM..
Old 03-29-2019, 09:13 PM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinshin View Post
Right, one poisoned people and let a flood of drugs into the nation, directlyvhurtingvthe people he was supposed to lead. The others are white collar criminals.

They dont compare.
You say "White Collar Criminal" like it's not a big deal when usually they do a lot more pervasive institutional and systemic damage than folks on the street do.

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
I mean, no? This was a... Politico article I believe? With FBI agents saying flat out the investigation was purposely killed...

As for guilty? Yes, Obama isn't guilty of all that. There was no investigation, and likely won't be one.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:49 PM

Elune

Quote:
I mean, no? This was a... Politico article I believe? With FBI agents saying flat out the investigation was purposely killed...

As for guilty? Yes, Obama isn't guilty of all that. There was no investigation, and likely won't be one.
The FBI can't go investigating every right-wing conspiracy theory.
Member #14
Old 03-30-2019, 10:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

Quote:

So what is your point? That the person without an inner circle of convicted felons is somehow worse than the person who does? Get real.

I'm under no illusions that Justice works the way it's supposed to for people in power. I will not be at all surprised if Trump and his kids get away scot-free, and folks like Manafort and Cohen are left holding the shit bag. Many people vastly overestimated the scope and power of the Mueller investigation. It was never planning to nor going to bring down Trump. The stuff that Mueller & Co. might have uncovered that weren't within the scope of their rather narrow investigation were punted off to other investigations/districts. Special Counsel Mueller investigated collusion and obstruction - not financial crimes: fraud, bribes, tax evasion, property crimes, etc. Trump's legal troubles are not over by a long shot. Southern District of NY is notorious for going after corruption and financial crimes. Trump Foundation has already dissolved in the face of investigations.

Once again, could you not with the "But Obama did it worse" bullshit? It's both not true and not relevant. This transparent whataboutism isn't fooling anyone.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.

Last edited by Saranus; 03-30-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old 03-30-2019, 10:54 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Bodycam Footage Shows Vallejo Police Shoot Willie McCoy While Asleep in Car

Here's the bodycam footage. Naturally, someone gets shot.

Remember, being black in America is a crime!

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.

Last edited by Millenia; 03-30-2019 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 PM

World Builder

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-05-2019, 06:07 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

For god's sake, any relief to Puerto Rico would surely be better than a deadlocked committee unwilling to offer too little aid.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2019, 07:24 PM

World Builder

Quote:
For god's sake, any relief to Puerto Rico would surely be better than a deadlocked committee unwilling to offer too little aid.
Agreed, they're imbeciles, grandstanding or afraid of it biting them if some news article says they voted for a bad bill later.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-05-2019, 10:16 PM

Elune

Quote:
"We already PASSED approval for relief to Puerto Rico, but the TAX AND SPEND DEMOCRATS keep asking for MORE" is what you'd hear when if there wasn't enough aid in the first proposal and PR still needed more.
The second one is just the GOP playing politics to try to shoot down aid to PR. The only time Republicans support aid is when it's going to red states. For example, see Ted Cruz's crusade against Hurricane Sandy aid and how he suddenly decided government aid was great after Hurricane Harvey. In this case, they get to stick it to PR more (read: a territory with no Congress representation or electoral votes) and still pander to some red states in the midwest.
Member #14

Last edited by Kakwakas; 04-05-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-06-2019, 03:06 PM

Master Worldbuilder

Orb of Lightning

When everything's a competition, it becomes a game, and when everything's a game, nothing matters, and lives go spent for no reason.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-06-2019, 03:24 PM

World Builder

https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...d-trump-judges

A good look at how McConnell is damaging our democracy

My Worldbuilding:
Old 04-17-2019, 11:24 AM

Elune

So it's starting to look like the republicans are refusing to show Congress the Mueller report at least until the WH has redacted everything they want from it and written their own "counter-report."
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...counter-report
Nothing screams "there's nothing we're worried about in there" quite like that.
Member #14
Old 04-17-2019, 09:14 PM

World Builder

https://khyrberos.tumblr.com/post/18...e-institute-of

Trump is trying to defund libraries.

Fuck that bastard.

My Worldbuilding:
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

World Builder

Thoughts on Mueller report from any of you?

I really have to question what the hell Obama was thinking with Iran and letting Russian interference go on as long as it did

My Worldbuilding:
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Remember that you can combine two posts in order to avoid double posting.

(Though I can understand why one would wish to keep posts dealing with separate topics... well... separate.)
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Thoughts on Mueller report from any of you?

I really have to question what the hell Obama was thinking with Iran and letting Russian interference go on as long as it did
Obama tried. McConnell stopped him. Remember, this was also during the time where the GOP party line was "Russia didn't meddle" (though many still seem to believe this; a testament to the conservative propaganda machine).

As for the report, it says pretty much what everyone has been saying all along. Donnie's campaign had contacts with Russia. He himself asked Russia to attack the United States on TV and they did so. As mentioned above (and it's worth repeating), Republicans then refused to do anything to stop it. Donnie then repeatedly did what he could to stop the investigation. Republicans in control of all three branches have decided to not charge their leader with obstruction of justice.
It's also worth nothing that Congress still hasn't seen the unredacted report. There was a lot of stuff on there redacted due to ongoing investigations. The House needs to see it so they can decide how to proceed with an investigation. Keep in mind that none of the trump family has been questioned.
Member #14

Tags
politics, serious business, sylvanas for president