Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-19-2019, 10:59 AM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
I was never a big fan of the Scourge, but if I want to see them fleshed out I'd rather see it not in Shadowlands. It should have happened when they were still relevant, like in WC3 and WotLK. Blizzard's frequent use of "actually this is the real background of said subject" is getting real old.
They have better writers now. There's no other way of fleshing out stuff that was really lackluster when it was first introduced.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:00 PM

Hippogryph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorhoofMayo View Post
I'm still here. I just don't check this place as often since it's slowed down so much. I did join the discord but I barely check that also.
Ah. I'm sorry for being presumptuous.

Getting back on-topic, has anyone seen this video showcasing Bastion:

A tauren arrives and is told he has to forget his family and is then turned into a blue human(the kyrians). All souls have to do this if they want to ascend in rank in Bastion. This feels rather disturbing that you have to forget all you loved ones and then be turned into something not resembling in the least your mortal form. And as someone on the official forums put it better then I could:

"The lore of Bastion destroys the native faiths of Tauren and Orc ancestry veneration. It would be pretty awkward for you to contact the spirits of your honored ancestors and be answered by some random blue human that only vaguely remembers who you’re supposed to be."
Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM

Troubadour

I'm not really bothered by it. I see it as one of the many infinite planes in the Shadowlands and when there are infinite numbers, bizarre morals are pretty much expected.

EDIT: several interesting remarks in here: https://www.gameinformer.com/feature...nds-revendreth

The article confirms the presence of ethereals in Revendreth and also confirms the possibility of souls moving between realms.

Quote:
Endmire is where creatures end up that have moved from realm to realm in the Shadowlands, twisted and misshapen as a result of the anima ending up in the wrong place.
Now there's the possibility of uther having been in The Light before being sent to Bastion.

Last edited by Krainz; 11-20-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Old 11-21-2019, 04:33 PM

Arch-Druid

Small news: 8.3 PTR updated, new eye glow is in (but apparently it’s not totally finished yet).

Instead of flashlights in front of their eyes, characters have glowing eye textures.

But when I try to see NPC skins in the Wowhead dressing room, the blood elf green eye texture is still present over high elf and dark ranger skins. I’m not sure if it’s because those textures are missing or a problem with the viewer, but this means one thing:

The update to separate skin color from eye color is already in, at least for some races. (But the option to do so is not available for players, just to clarify).

- A better signature coming soon(ish).
Old 11-23-2019, 07:52 PM

Hippogryph

I just was thinking, since I keep hearing the flow of souls was broken during Legion(thus directing them all to the maw), wouldn't it be funny if it happened when Genn broke Helya's lantern? Since the scene is entirely pointless now(since Sylvanas can just make more val'kyr anyway), might as well dump on the worgen some more by having their leader create this mess.

Last edited by Mungo; 11-24-2019 at 06:52 AM..
Old 11-24-2019, 08:50 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
I just was thinking, since I keep hearing the flow of souls was broken during Legion(thus directing them all to the maw), wouldn't it be funny if it happened when Genn broke Helya's lantern? Since the scene is entirely pointless now(since Sylvanas can just make more val'kyr anyway), might as well dump on the worgen some more by having their leader create this mess.
I hadn’t thought of that....... but it makes sense.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:08 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: CJFurious#1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
They have better writers now. There's no other way of fleshing out stuff that was really lackluster when it was first introduced.
Adding in details doesn't have to mean changing origins.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:02 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

I just thought the Scourge had an interesting enough origin in Reign of Chaos as it was. There were plenty of plothooks to draw on for future storytelling.

They just literally dropped almost all of them in Wrath of the Lich King.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:53 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujimasa Hojo View Post
Don't overthink it too much.

Warlods of Draenors was basically centered on the premise of cameos from Old Horde leaders. This one's simply gonna be centered on glorified cameos from dead characters.

Take Kael for example. Apparently, his last shenanigans was due to pride.
Taken from the Shadowlands Retcon thread over in the lore section. With that in mind, who else are we going to be seeing?

What we know:
Bastion: Uther
Maladraxxus: Draka
Ardenweald: Ursoc (https://elexonic.com/2019/11/07/worl...gest-problems/)
Revendreth: Kael'thas

If I were to pick more for each -
Bastion: Reginald Windsor
Maladraxxus: Garrosh
Ardenweald: Zaetar, perhaps Ysera (unless being turned into a constellation precludes that).
Revendreth: Garithos, perhaps Malygos?

The Maw (Undeserving) - Shadra, Zelling, Rezan, maybe Rastakhan (I mean Bwonsamdi was right there to collect the soul, I doubt he lost it), Delaryn's druid boyfriend,
(Deserving) - Kel Thuzad, Arthas, Deathwing?

To name a few.......
Old 11-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Elune

Why do people can saying KT is dead? Was it off-screen or in the Chronicles thingy? If nothing was said I would put money on him being a future threat.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:48 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9H20 View Post
Why do people can saying KT is dead? Was it off-screen or in the Chronicles thingy? If nothing was said I would put money on him being a future threat.
Cause we killed him...... I mean yeah, it may not be permanent but we did put him back down again. Besides, why should him being dead preclude him being a future threat. He’s been dead since RoC. Never stopped him before.

Also Chronicle vol.3:
..... Kel’Thuzad was defeated. Rumors spread quickly that his soul was lost to the Shadowlands, the realm of the dead.

ChVI, pg 175.

Last edited by Menel'dirion; 11-26-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Old 11-27-2019, 11:21 AM

Site Staff - Moderator

Let's be honest here, the Shadowlands is an opportunity for them to bring back whatever popular character they want to bring back.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:25 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
Cause we killed him...... I mean yeah, it may not be permanent but we did put him back down again. Besides, why should him being dead preclude him being a future threat. He’s been dead since RoC. Never stopped him before.

Also Chronicle vol.3:
..... Kel’Thuzad was defeated. Rumors spread quickly that his soul was lost to the Shadowlands, the realm of the dead.

ChVI, pg 175.
Well yeah, a Chronicles thing.

Before it was just made painfully obvious to us in a quest that without securing and destroying his phylactery he will return. And as we did not...

I guess that is another minor retcon >_>
Old 11-28-2019, 10:17 AM

Troubadour

The fact that Chronicles doesn't mention the phylactery doesn't mean it ceases to exist.

Just like spirit healers.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:11 AM

Faerie Dragon

This is hilarious. Blizzard really can’t stay consistent with themselves no matter how hard they try. I can’t wait until they have to release a new chronicle series to explain that everything in the first chronicles series has been rewritten.

At least Games Workshop admits that they cannot stay consistent due to the sheer volume of material and chalk up all inconsistencies to unreliable narrators and time travel.

Want to try predicting the retcons?

I think they’ll introduce “light lords” as the opposite of the void lords and the real big bads of the franchise. Then it will be revealed that, no, there are even bigger bads! The titans are actually children of the primordials! Who are the REAL big bads. Until the next expansion reveals new bigger bads again.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM

Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCrayonTales View Post
This is hilarious. Blizzard really can’t stay consistent with themselves no matter how hard they try. I can’t wait until they have to release a new chronicle series to explain that everything in the first chronicles series has been rewritten.
The first Chronicle series was clearly not meant to explain everything, despite it being marketed as such.