Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

Right...I haven't the slightest clue about the Sonic comic (or any comic in general besides the need-to-know Warcraft stuff) but any story the Sonic comic has can't be nearly as bad as what the modern games have got going. I mean wow...they really fucked up on Sonic's story. Hedge-hog, runs fast, fights robots and scientist, saves little animals and planet. Cool. Short and simple with a hint of subtle environmentalism. I can dig it. Now Sonic fights...evil demigods and inter-dimensional forces while making out with humans who shouldn't even be in his game universe to begin with...? Wut du fuk?
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Ashendant Ashendant is offline

Elune
Ashendant's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 15,557
BattleTag: Ashendant#2130

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornhelm View Post
Right...I haven't the slightest clue about the Sonic comic (or any comic in general besides the need-to-know Warcraft stuff) but any story the Sonic comic has can't be nearly as bad as what the modern games have got going. I mean wow...they really fucked up on Sonic's story. Hedge-hog, runs fast, fights robots and scientist, saves little animals and planet. Cool. Short and simple with a hint of subtle environmentalism. I can dig it. Now Sonic fights...evil demigods and inter-dimensional forces while making out with humans who shouldn't even be in his game universe to begin with...? Wut du fuk?
The other writers made the story even worst, with love tetrahedrons and about a bajilion chaos emeralds but the new writer fixed that and his doing quite well, even trough he does fight evil demigods and inter-dimensional enemies
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashendant View Post
what?
Nevermind...
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

So how did people like their comics?

Batman #696: Black Mask identity pretty much confirmed now. Great action and the writer showed he can do proper story telling thru flash backs and whatnot. Really beatiful art aswell i must add! But the writing outstanded the art!

Streets of Gotham #9: Meh i wish Paul Dini's story arc wouldn't get shifted to later months. This 2 parter story was decent at best to be honest.

Dark Avengers #14: Oh man Sentry is... Holy yeah! Beatiful Beatiful art! Kinda bummed how this is rather a prequel to Siege more or less, but yerah i really do believe Sentry will be the main villain of Siege, heck he probably kills Norman in Siege #3 or so. Wonder what will happen to Victoria Hand... Such a porn actress name lol.

Green Lantern #51: Tons of action. Loved to see what happened to Parallax, great action and great setup for Blackest Night #7!

Green Lantern Corps #45: Good Bromance between Kyle and Gardner. I'll miss this bromance since GLC corps is getting "split" with Green Warriors title coming up. ;_;
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 AM
HalfElfDragon HalfElfDragon is offline

The draconic Titleless - Mod
HalfElfDragon's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 15,545
Send a message via AIM to HalfElfDragon Send a message via MSN to HalfElfDragon Send a message via Yahoo to HalfElfDragon

Default

I don't think Norman will die in Siege #3, just that Goblin will take over. He'll hopefully die in #4, but we need to see Goblin first
__________________
Quote:
Lucio Benado be wanting to say, Hey, what's up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
See! Not everyone on the internet is so stubborn they can't have their opinions changed
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Dark Avengers #14: Oh man Sentry is... Holy yeah! Beatiful Beatiful art! Kinda bummed how this is rather a prequel to Siege more or less, but yerah i really do believe Sentry will be the main villain of Siege, heck he probably kills Norman in Siege #3 or so. Wonder what will happen to Victoria Hand... Such a porn actress name lol.
It basically explains further why Sentry is just an evil killing machine in Siege. Good stuff to know who's really in control of the power of 1000 exploding suns.

And really I’m wondering what’s going to happen to the hole marvel universe and the status quo of the past few years. I mean we know the Avengers are getting back to together, but what about everything that happened in Civil War? What about the Initiative? Is the registration act getting repealed or what’s the deal? I’ve got a feeling this is just going to be a massive shake-up.


Also out this week is the first of the Doomwar miniseries. Basically it picks up from the Black Panther series where Dr. Doom arranges a coup in Wakanda and takes over, and Black Panther has to go to war to get his country back. He recruits the X-Men to help him. Looks to be cool so far, and everyone loves Dr. Doom.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Twofootfury Twofootfury is offline

Arch-Druid
Twofootfury's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,232

Default

The Initiative is being replaced by something called Avengers Academy, which will probably be pretty much the same thing. It's currently rumoured that Steve will be in charge of that, since he's not on any teams that we know of so far.
__________________
Everything that is, is alive.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Speaking of Doom, Gurt. You following the Ultimate Enemy serie? It will have the new Ultimate Doom come up, here's a preview for #2.

Dark Wolverine #83 Preview is up too! I'm abit bummed that the Daken story arc will go with this whole Romulus stuff lol. Ah well hopes Daken's own title will rock!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Speaking of Doom, Gurt. You following the Ultimate Enemy serie? It will have the new Ultimate Doom come up, here's a preview for #2.
So much for permanently killing people in the Ultimate U...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Dark Wolverine #83 Preview is up too! I'm abit bummed that the Daken story arc will go with this whole Romulus stuff lol. Ah well hopes Daken's own title will rock!
Well honestly ever since Daken’s introduction he has been intimately tied to the Romulus character. He took off on his own with being an addition to the DA, but the story with Romulus has been building in Wolverine’s solo titles for years now. It will be good to get a resolution. I mean it’s a fairly big arc and has already seen the deaths of some major Wolveriine villains like Sabretooth and Omega Red.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
So much for permanently killing people in the Ultimate U...
Hey i said *new* Doom! You know someone taking that flimsy helmet and shit. I mean yeah you can call it a gimmick but i'm liking that Bendis and Millar are *making* Ultimate Universe now more different, since we all know Mainstream Marvel became too much like Ultimate and thus having same characters in different universes with little differences just isn't enough anymore if you ask me.

Anyhow Bendis interview: Click!
- The Hawkeye costume we've seen in the teaser is *not* the final costume: "It's going to have a different look and tone to it." - Bendis
- Full team roster will be revealed in May.
- Luke Cage will appear in the Avengers, even tho he will lead the Thunderbolts. This does not mean Luke is an Avenger tho!
- We'll find out what happens to Maria Hill and some of the Dark Avengers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Hey i said *new* Doom! You know someone taking that flimsy helmet and shit. I mean yeah you can call it a gimmick but i'm liking that Bendis and Millar are *making* Ultimate Universe now more different, since we all know Mainstream Marvel became too much like Ultimate and thus having same characters in different universes with little differences just isn't enough anymore if you ask me.
Ahh but the UU was fairly different until Loeb’s Ultimates III. Then for no reason, with no explanation, every Ultimate Character was their 616 version - even down to costume design in most situations. I guess this is just trying to get get things back on track.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
- Luke Cage will appear in the Avengers, even tho he will lead the Thunderbolts. This does not mean Luke is an Avenger tho!
I never really dug Luke Cage, no matter how hard they tried to force him down out throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
- We'll find out what happens to Maria Hill and some of the Dark Avengers.
Well we know Moonstone lives at least.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Kalenvor Kalenvor is offline

Chimaera
Kalenvor's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 299

Default





Nuff said.

Last edited by Kalenvor; 02-19-2010 at 04:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Tony Washington (WoW comic colorist) just spilled the beans and said he's doing a 4-issue mini with Ludo Lullabi, and he actually gave a rather teasing hint it might be the canceled Lich King project.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
BaskinRidge BaskinRidge is offline

Arch-Druid
BaskinRidge's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,227

Default

What was the hint?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I love you Gurt, i really do love you. I will so suck you if you let me when we meet someday.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Tony Washington (WoW comic colorist) just spilled the beans and said he's doing a 4-issue mini with Ludo Lullabi, and he actually gave a rather teasing hint it might be the canceled Lich King project.
So timely lol. Though honestly I’m happy for anything Warcraft in a comic these days since the cancellation of the monthly really brought me down. I hate trade waiting.

What did he say?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-21-2010, 05:02 PM
BaskinRidge BaskinRidge is offline

Arch-Druid
BaskinRidge's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,227

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
So timely lol. Though honestly I’m happy for anything Warcraft in a comic these days since the cancellation of the monthly really brought me down. I hate trade waiting.
Agreed, was shocked when they cancelled the monthly format, hopefully whatever it turns out to be is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
What did he say?
I asked the same thing, and he sent me nude pictures of himself...

seriously though http://tonywash.deviantart.com/journ...2497/#comments since drz can't stand the fact that I revealed his secret.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I love you Gurt, i really do love you. I will so suck you if you let me when we meet someday.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.

Last edited by BaskinRidge; 02-21-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
Agreed, was shocked when they cancelled the monthly format, hopefully whatever it turns out to be is good.
I was pumped to have TWO monthly series, sales were good for a Wildstorm title, and then… trades only. Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskinRidge View Post
I asked the same thing, and he sent me nude pictures of himself...

seriously though http://tonywash.deviantart.com/journ...2497/#comments since drz can't stand the fact that I revealed his secret.
Well, all he said is that it will be “huge”, and no, not in reference to Drz’s nude pics.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
BaskinRidge BaskinRidge is offline

Arch-Druid
BaskinRidge's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,227

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
I was pumped to have TWO monthly series, sales were good for a Wildstorm title, and then… trades only. Damn.
Yep, I heard they were doing quite well too. Double the lore per month was going to be great, and it could cover for all fans, Horde, Alliance, or those few rare of us who like both. Now we got jack shit for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Well, all he said is that it will be “huge”, and no, not in reference to Drz’s nude pics.
I loled
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I love you Gurt, i really do love you. I will so suck you if you let me when we meet someday.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurtogg_Bloodboil View Post
Well, all he said is that it will be “huge”, and no, not in reference to Drz’s nude pics.
The 3rd comment is by the original artist who was suppose to pencil the Lich King comic and the 4th comment pretty much more or less confirms it's the canceled Lich King comic.

EDIT: It will be an ongoing title, ya! They're starting the penciling/coloring this March so i wouldn't be surprised if we get news already on June's comics. 4 issue mini ya!
__________________

Last edited by Drz; 02-22-2010 at 04:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Rolandius Rolandius is offline

Elune
Rolandius's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United States of America
Posts: 6,588

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
The 3rd comment is by the original artist who was suppose to pencil the Lich King comic and the 4th comment pretty much more or less confirms it's the canceled Lich King comic.

EDIT: It will be an ongoing title, ya! They're starting the penciling/coloring this March so i wouldn't be surprised if we get news already on June's comics. 4 issue mini ya!
This just in. Canceled.

j/k.
__________________
"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious."
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
The 3rd comment is by the original artist who was suppose to pencil the Lich King comic and the 4th comment pretty much more or less confirms it's the canceled Lich King comic.

EDIT: It will be an ongoing title, ya! They're starting the penciling/coloring this March so i wouldn't be surprised if we get news already on June's comics. 4 issue mini ya!
So if its an ongoing then its definitely not the rebirth of the Lich King mini then, correct? I mean, would the LK get an ongoing after he’s already dead? And I thought they put an end to warcraft on-goings anyway? Are we seeing a return?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default



The original cover by the original penciler. All i know it was a 4-issue mini that dealth with Arthas for 4 issues... So what we're looking for might be WoTLK in 4 issues thru Inner Monologue and possible answers to all kinds of mysteries and assumptions, such as is Ner'zhul and Bolvar fightning inside the helmet and whatnot whatnot. It's very intriquing what exactly the 4 issues are about.

EDIT: Oh and to answer your question. Well this was originally suppose to come around November/December meaning that now in Feb we could have already gotten all 4 issues, but what if the very reason the project got canceled was because all the lore from 3.3 wasn't set in stone? Now we got the 3.3 done and we can see the story from Arthas' perspective or something like that. So yeah its about Arthas afaik.... I mean would we really have 4 issues about Bolvar? Eh possibly, but far fetched... Maybe 1-2 issues of him? Seems rather dialogue heavy comic unless it has alot of inner battles and whatnot hehe.
__________________

Last edited by Drz; 02-22-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Gurtogg_Bloodboil Gurtogg_Bloodboil is offline

Elune
Gurtogg_Bloodboil's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,393

Default

That is some badass artwork.

I’m all for a WoW mini. Thing is you know I never really cared for the retelling of plotlines we already saw elsewhere in comic form. I know everyone always says “Oh it could be [story that we saw in game] in comic form!” but to me that just sounds boring. We know how it ends, we know the major events, we know the story. Now what would be cool is a story about the Lich King that we didn’t see and don’t already know.
__________________

Last edited by Gurtogg_Bloodboil; 02-22-2010 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
BaskinRidge BaskinRidge is offline

Arch-Druid
BaskinRidge's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,227

Default

Yeah, would like a considerable amount of new information and things we haven't seen yet, not just a retelling of what's already happened in the game with little bits added to it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
I love you Gurt, i really do love you. I will so suck you if you let me when we meet someday.
The trouble with Europe, is that it is full of Drz.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Drz Drz is offline

Elune
Drz's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,402

Default

Well the Ashbringer worked that way, let's just wait and see how it goes. I'm hoping it's Neilson whos the writer, ofcoruse i wouldn't mind if it's Walt but Nielson's Ashbringer arc was really enjoyable, even tho the screenplay was by Samwise Didier lol.


Anyhow i loved Blackest Night #7, tho this event does have the problem of pacing. I mean i'm enjoyning the action since i read the tie-ins but for people who only read this serie... It's been like since #4 that Nekron is in Coast City and the people are fightning the Black Lanterns. Still i loved the ending twist and i can't wait for the conclusion.

Batman & Robin #9 ended the 3rd arc, it wasn't as great as the previous ones but i might be facing hype backlash as i was really anxious for Undead Batman vs. Dick-Batman. New arc will be very interesting.

Dark Wolverine was bland, but so was Ultimate Enemey #2. =(

Ultimate Avengers #5 preview!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avengers, batman, bleedingcool, comic, comic book, comic books, comic con, comics, comix, dark horse, dc bashing, dc comics, graphic novels, image, justice league, marvel, rebirth, spider-man, summers family tree, superheroes, superman, valiant

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.