Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-14-2013, 04:43 PM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Yeah, I just thought that mentioning that they do resemble some titanic creatures, which also don't look like the titans, would be worthwhile, to illustrate that looking like the Titans isn't necessary since they still resemble their creations.

Wasn't accusing you of wanting that.

That was just my way of saying that it could've been worse.
1. I would argue that it's dumb that the Mogu look like Norushen and Ra-Den still looks like a vrykul.

2. Oh it will be I don't doubt it. Next thing you know we learn the Pantheon is just one branch of a broader governing body (like the legislative to some other groups judicial) and they all look like orcs :|

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 11-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
1. I would argue that it's dumb that the Mogu look like Norushen and Ra-Den still looks like a vrykul.

2. Oh it will be I don't doubt it. Next thing you know we learn the Pantheon is just one branch of a broader governing body (like the legislative to some other groups judicial) and they all look like orcs :|
I don't see why they'd need to look like the Titans just because Azeroths did.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 PM

Eternal

It's also entirely possible that the orcs have nothing to do with the Titans, just like the trolls, tauren, goblins, and night elves have nothing to do with the Titans.

Clearly there's evidence that the Titans can touch a planet without supplanting indigenous sentient life.

Expect nothing and anything will surprise you.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:00 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
When it comes to the appearance of the mogu and Norushen, I'm inclined to point at the Uldaman reference to the "standard biomass" of the "subterranean being matrix" upon which the earthen were built.

I have a theory that the titans might create seed races by cataloging desirable qualities from naturally occurring races they've encountered in their travels, then improving upon them to fit the needs of fulfilling their ordered vision. Thus, somewhere out there on some other world is an at least marginally dwarf-like "original" race from which the earthen were ultimately derived, as well as a "proto-vrykul" race they based the vrykul upon, and similarly a "proto-mogu" race whose aesthetics and basic capabilities informed the rough designs of Norushen and the original stone mogu. (the same would go for the various giants, Mimiron and the mechagnomes, etc.)

After all the Curse of Flesh was said to cause "matrix destabilization", implying a disruption and degradation of the modifications implemented by the titans to improve the basic "template" (matrix) of the seed races. In that context, one could infer that rather than "turning stone into flesh" in the sense of introducing flesh where it didn't exist before, the Curse was in reality stripping away the stone and revealing the flesh "underneath" - in effect, reverting the seed races back into what their underlying design was without the stone-based composition, cognitive programming and other "improvements" that the titans added to define and complement their intended functions.

Last edited by ARM3481; 11-14-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 PM

Keeper of the Grove

ARM, you have a way to make sense of everything. Just go on... keep doing your thing. /relurk

"Icrecrown: I hear the natives can be real liches..."
Old 11-15-2013, 12:26 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Leviathonlx#1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCrow View Post
It's also entirely possible that the orcs have nothing to do with the Titans, just like the trolls, tauren, goblins, and night elves have nothing to do with the Titans.

Clearly there's evidence that the Titans can touch a planet without supplanting indigenous sentient life.
As far as we know*
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 AM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
As far as we know*
They did say the Titans came in did some touch up on Draenor and high-tailed it out of their. Nothing to the level of Azeroth, but some meddling involved.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:27 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
When it comes to the appearance of the mogu and Norushen, I'm inclined to point at the Uldaman reference to the "standard biomass" of the "subterranean being matrix" upon which the earthen were built.

I have a theory that the titans might create seed races by cataloging desirable qualities from naturally occurring races they've encountered in their travels, then improving upon them to fit the needs of fulfilling their ordered vision. Thus, somewhere out there on some other world is an at least marginally dwarf-like "original" race from which the earthen were ultimately derived, as well as a "proto-vrykul" race they based the vrykul upon, and similarly a "proto-mogu" race whose aesthetics and basic capabilities informed the rough designs of Norushen and the original stone mogu. (the same would go for the various giants, Mimiron and the mechagnomes, etc.)

After all the Curse of Flesh was said to cause "matrix destabilization", implying a disruption and degradation of the modifications implemented by the titans to improve the basic "template" (matrix) of the seed races. In that context, one could infer that rather than "turning stone into flesh" in the sense of introducing flesh where it didn't exist before, the Curse was in reality stripping away the stone and revealing the flesh "underneath" - in effect, reverting the seed races back into what their underlying design was without the stone-based composition, cognitive programming and other "improvements" that the titans added to define and complement their intended functions.
Given the similarities between the Alliance's titan-born races and the titans, I wonder whether their being-matrix was gathered on the Titan's home planet.

Of course, other explanations could be that the being-matrix is improved upon by mixing it with the Titan's being-matrix or that it's just a coincidence that they found beings that resemble them so much.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkrin View Post

Apparently they're about magnataur-sized.
They remind me of Flayers. Perhaps an offshoot?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eterna View Post
They remind me of Flayers. Perhaps an offshoot?
Perhaps those are Rockflayers "ancestors"... It wouldn't to crazy to think that saberon devolved/mutated into rockflayers as a consequence of fel magic + Draenor's destruction.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Perhaps those are Rockflayers "ancestors"... It wouldn't to crazy to think that saberon devolved/mutated into rockflayers as a consequence of fel magic + Draenor's destruction.
Aren't saberon the tiger people?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
I think so, they look wicked.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, I can't shake the feeling they're going to use the Worgen skeleton. :/

Last edited by Lord Grimtale; 11-15-2013 at 12:15 PM..
Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Elune

I think that's a fair assumption.

It's one thing to have problems and voice your concerns, but when you endlessly bitch day in and day out about the same tired old shit, it honestly makes me wonder why you are even here. Generally when somebody doesn't like something, they stop caring about it.

And on that note, SoL is a forum I no longer enjoy. So, I'm done here. And I genuinely think the people who have absolutely nothing at all positive to say about the game and, the people whose posts are composed entirely of whining, really consider leaving (or at least sticking to non-WoW sections). Because if you truly get no enjoyment out of WoW, then why are you here?

With that said, goodbye.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:27 PM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Sorry. I thought saberon were the Draenorian magnataurs. I was referring to the latter as proto-rockflayers.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)
Old 11-15-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Sorry. I thought saberon were the Draenorian magnataurs. I was referring to the latter as proto-rockflayers.
Those are the genesaurs, or however you spell it.

@Grim: I those were playable and savage, would you like them more than worgen?
Old 11-15-2013, 12:31 PM

Elune

They are the genesaurs! Titans of flesh and might! Lords of strength and defiance! A sight so awesome to behold, Chuck Norris' head would explode.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM

The Digger

Flayers have a really similar build to the sabers (extra arms aside), and they both have distinctive fangs. I think there might be something to this theory.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM

Elune

Quote:
@Grim: I those were playable and savage, would you like them more than worgen?
Probably not more than the Whatgen, but I'd definitely play one since I like savage animal races.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Elune

What if the saberon and the worgen joined forces? Animal people of the space/time-continuum, unite!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
What if the saberon and the worgen joined forces? Animal people of the space/time-continuum, unite!
They would fight the bad guys.

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...2&postcount=70

On a serious note, if they're in the Tanaan Jungle then that could have some cool potential.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 PM

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
Cat and dog people united?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odiseo View Post
Cat and dog people united?
It's more like worg and tiger people, the most badass and alpha of the animal kingdom.

Tags
all land is scroll land, cartography, shattered dreams, warlocks of draenor