Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-30-2016, 12:30 AM

Default Preview: World of Warcraft Legion #1: Magni

I am handclaw and this is my favorite thread on Scrolls of Lore!... oh wait, nope... Just another bitching thread.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:33 AM

Banished

At last, something about the only good dwarf character... Moira
Old 06-30-2016, 01:39 AM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Is this like the Warlords of Draenor comics, or are these being published somewhere?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:40 AM

Elune

Not this shitty art style again...
Old 06-30-2016, 01:43 AM

Chimaera

Why they wouldn't hire Alex Horley again is beyond me.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:12 AM

Elune

At least WoD will be remembered for having superior art.

Also, four years since Cata? Cata was year 28, so that puts us into year 32. I guess both MoP and WoD each took two years.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:18 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Moira looks kinda cute.

Does she still fall into lava, Slow-man?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:09 AM

Eternal

Looks like Year 32 for Legion confirmed.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:17 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Lonami#2916

Interesting... Dwarf stuff is always cool stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Looks like Year 32 for Legion confirmed.
I don't know why they're so obsessed with the short timespans.

Wouldn't it be healthier, for both the lore and the game, for there to be more years between each expansion? Just saying.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-30-2016, 08:29 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
I don't know why they're so obsessed with the short timespans.

Wouldn't it be healthier, for both the lore and the game, for there to be more years between each expansion? Just saying.
Look at some posts four or five months back, when we thought Legion would be somewhere at the year 36. Half the forum was literally loosing their mind over it. The reasons given ranged from "how am I supposed to explain that my character was doing nothing for five years" to "it is a shitty design for the realities in the game to not change at all during five years". There goes your answer.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:33 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

I like the art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Year 32 was confirmed months ago when the artifact selection screen for Frost stated that Frostmourne was destroyed four years ago, but it's really nice to have it confirmed in another format to convince people who still thinks it's year 36 otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Also, four years since Cata? Cata was year 28, so that puts us into year 32. I guess both MoP and WoD each took two years.
The Shattering took place before Cata, probably a month or two who really knows.

So Magni is diamonded before Cata, then Cata lasts two years, MoP a year(Metzen confirmed MoP was a year in a tweet once too), then WoD a year, then Magni wakes up before or just at the start of Legion.

I also kinda like that expansions generally only last a year or so myself, but I wouldn't mind if Legion lasts two years or there is like a year or two timeskip after Legion though. Long passages of time between expansions only works if they're willing to update the world accordingly and I don't think they're going to do that each expansion.

TOR did a 5 year timeskip recently and it only worked because TOR takes place all over the fucking galaxy and so there's little reason to update the old planets. Even then it still felt pretty off at times.

Last edited by Yorenec; 06-30-2016 at 10:12 AM..
Old 06-30-2016, 10:30 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthen View Post
Look at some posts four or five months back, when we thought Legion would be somewhere at the year 36. Half the forum was literally loosing their mind over it. The reasons given ranged from "how am I supposed to explain that my character was doing nothing for five years" to "it is a shitty design for the realities in the game to not change at all during five years". There goes your answer.
It's pretty simple, actually.

There was peace. No war. No conflicts.

Metzen: They are one of the ancient races of Northrend that we haven't spoken of before... because we hadn't made them up before. (laughter)

~Main: Expansion theorycrafting, Expansions list, The Age of Nightmare, Empire of the Tides (coming soon)~
~Fan ficton: Anachronos Journey: The Timeless Heir~ ~Geography of continents series: Old Kalimdor (original), Pandaria~
~Locations as zones series: Azjol-Nerub, Barrow Deeps, Zul'Aman, Demon Hunter zone, Caverns of Time~
Old 06-30-2016, 10:31 AM

Eternal

Legion is an expansion where a time skip wouldn't really work. Gul'dan wouldn't wait for us to recover.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:37 AM

Elune

What the fuck did Deathwing do for two years? They were better off saying Wrath or BC took two years.
Quote:
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:48 AM

Chimaera

Quote:
Legion is an expansion where a time skip wouldn't really work. Gul'dan wouldn't wait for us to recover.
It's not like he was in control of the situation after Archimonde sent him through a portal.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:05 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: Stncold#1786

Quote:
Yea this has always been my argument against a timeskip for Legion. Hitting an enemy that's just too exhausted to fight back as well is better than hitting one that's had some time to rest, even if their guard is down.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
It's pretty simple, actually.

There was peace. No war. No conflicts.
I know.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorenec View Post
Yea this has always been my argument against a timeskip for Legion. Hitting an enemy that's just too exhausted to fight back as well is better than hitting one that's had some time to rest, even if their guard is down.
Most people who argue for a timeskip are rpers or people who assume people just pump out babies for the war machine.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2016, 11:27 AM

Arch-Druid

it's complete on battlenet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...ines-6-30-2016

Also the motion comics are preeeetty cool.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:48 AM

Elune

Why did I just now learn about motion comics?

So will the comics be mini leader stories? All that's left are the audio drama right?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurehax View Post
it's complete on battlenet.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...ines-6-30-2016

Also the motion comics are preeeetty cool.
Lol. Just lol.

"The Dark Irons and Wildhammers will never accept a Bronzebeard king! This isn't the kingdom he left behind! Ironforge belongs to everyone! This is a nation built on equal representation! If Ironforge falls under the rule of a single king again, there will be repercussions! It belongs to every clan and I will fight to make sure it stays that way!"
Old 06-30-2016, 12:49 PM

Elune

So how does "becoming one with the earth" make you see the future? For fuck's sake. If we were talking about some elemental invasion or whatever, ok, but it's a demonic invasion.

Unless "one with earth" is more like one with titan stuff or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
Lol. Just lol.

"The Dark Irons and Wildhammers will never accept a Bronzebeard king! This isn't the kingdom he left behind! Ironforge belongs to everyone! This is a nation built on equal representation! If Ironforge falls under the rule of a single king again, there will be repercussions! It belongs to every clan and I will fight to make sure it stays that way!"
Epic derp.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:55 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Titan stuff. He talked with Azeroth.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:55 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

qt moira

Tags
dwarves, warcraft