Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Elune

Default Wanted: Dead or Alive

Before anyone brings it up as a joke, here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvCvsRp5ho

Now, we can do the lore talks without any interference.

In this thread, we'll talk about the top 10 most wanted criminals by the Alliance. Right now, I have:

1)Warchief Garrosh Hellscream Wanted for unspeakable crimes against Azeroth as a whole.

2) Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner Wanted for unspeakable crimes against the Alliance.

3) General Nazgrim Wanted for being the General of the Horde armies.

4) Master assassin Garona Halforcen Wanted for the assassination of King Llane Wrynn and trying to assassinate his son, King Varian Wrynn.

5) Master Apothecary Faranell Wanted for being the leader of the criminal and genocidal group known as the Apothecaries. Serves Sylvanas Windrunner. (Destron)

6) Warden Maiev Shadowsong Wanted for multiple crimes against Night Elf and Gilnean society.

7) Archmage Aethas Sunreaver Wanted for leading the rogue group known as the Sunreavers and betraying the city-state of Dalaran for the Horde. (Millenia)

8) Lord Falconcrest Wanted for leading the Syndicate and taking over Stromguarde.

9) Thalen Songweaver and Fanlyr Silverhorn Wanted for betraying Dalaran to help the butcher known as Garrosh Hellscream. (Millenia)

10) High Executor Darthalia Wanted for crimes against the Alliance and leading the Forsaken troops in the stolen Hillsbrad Foothills. (Erthad)

11) Noitora Wanted for speaking too much...

12) Thrall Wanted for appointing the Warchief Garrosh Hellscream, supporting Horde attacks on multiple Alliance bases including internement camps, allowing the criminal organisation known as the Forsaken to join the Horde and collaborating with the murderers known as Orgrim Doomhammer and Grom Hellscream. Accusations soften up a bit for helping against Deathwing. (Gandred)

13) ?????

14) ??????

15) ??????

Let's complete that list. We're talking about criminals that are still alive in 5.3.

Zaela takes priority, if she survives the Siege.

EDIT: We're doing good! Extending the list to the 15 most wanted criminals.

Last edited by Trickster; 09-04-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DAllicant#1203

Master Apothecary Faranell is still around, right?

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Master Apothecary Faranell is still around, right?
Yep, good one. Don't know whether he'd be 4th, 5th or 6th, tough. Definitely higher than Falconcrest.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Millenia#1386

Thalen Songweaver.

Aethas Sunreaver.

That blood elf who helped the player break into Dalaran. Rommath, right?

The Alliance's three rules on faction conflict:
1) You can't win.
2) You can't break even.
3) You can't leave the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustrum View Post
Because if a storyteller is doing his job, he makes you care. And if that storyteller then says "I dunno, then they stopped fighting, I guess," without any explanation or clarification, his audience has every right to be pissed off. Because they were given reason to stay interested, reason to keep up with his tale, only to be shut down just as things were getting good. A waste of time, a waste of emotional tension, a waste, if you fail to grasp the significance of narrative, of money.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:36 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia View Post
Thalen Songweaver.

Aethas Sunreaver.

That blood elf who helped the player break into Dalaran. Rommath, right?
True, how could I forget theses jerks.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 PM

Eternal

Varian Wyrnn

Wanted Alive for Crimes against his subjects and abuse of power

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 08-16-2013, 09:45 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
Varian Wyrnn

Wanted Alive for Crimes against his subjects and abuse of power
Why did I knew someone would say Varian, Anduin or Malfurion...?

Request rejected.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:48 PM

Eternal

Bias against the Crown!

A beloved archetype of modern era!" - Kir the Gul'dan
Old 08-16-2013, 09:52 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Eliphas View Post
Bias against the Crown!
The Crown is the Alliance.

To the Stockade now, my lord!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Arch-Druid

Hogger... but he is dead... untill used again in some form.

While we won't know (as players) who they are, but Kor'kron High Command would count I would say. Not sure if likes of Cromush will count, but that's my contribution.

Edit: But considering we have been killing them in Barrens, maybe none left.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:12 AM

Elune

Varian really hasn't done anything bad. The worst he's guilty of is incendiary rhetoric, and that's the sort of sin you can't go a single day in Azeroth without committing and witnessing multiple times.

There was a time in which he seemed like he was going to be the Alliance equivalent of Garrosh, but that never happened. He turned out to be a pretty solid character (at least by WoW standards).

Just deal with it.

"He came to Ahn'qiraj for the strife... instead, he found a wife! She's my qiraji love-bride, next on Sick Sad World of Warcraft!"
Old 08-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Drunk Assassin

Anduin: For stealing a priceless dwarven artifact and handing it over to the Horde. Aiding and abetting the enemy.

Deal with it.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 AM

Keeper of the Grove

Medivh. For allowing everything to happen.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 AM

Drunk Assassin

I have one.

Gann Stonespire: Orchestrating the destruction of Bael Modan.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:46 AM

Echo of the Past

Varian Wrynn, for the crime of pardoning everybody on your list except for Garrosh Hellscream.

For the crime of abandoning his fellow human allies in Stromgarde, allowing their kingdom to fester under ogre occupation.

For the crime of leaving his vassals in Hillsbrad and Southshore to defend themselves and eventually face extermination, without any aid from his kingdom. The very same people who rendered Varian and his kingdom the sanctuary and aid needed to survive, during his youth.

For the crime of refusing the duties of mutual protection with his allies the Night Elves, thus by his own actions rendering the Alliance one that exists only on paper.

For the crime of withholding key information from other Alliance leaders, through his own personal vanity, resulting in the miscommunication that bred the purging of Dalaran.

For the crime of squandering his kingdom's resources on narcissistic endeavors, images to depict his own self-perceived glory, while his kingdom and people still struggle years later to recover from the damage dealt by Deathwing and the cataclysm.

For the crime of presumption in declaring himself High King of the Alliance, and the further crime in attempting to establish an Alliance line of succession that would be passed on to his son the Prince Anduin.

For these and other crimes too numerous to list, the Alliance High Command has ordered Varian the Wretch to be murdered on sight. His limbs are to be fed to dogs, his head and skull to be bludgeoned to oblivion with the hammer of Uther the Lightbringer, and his upper and lower torsos are to be wielded as weapons by a Night Elf and Draenei during a friendly duel against each other.

The subjects of Stormwind shall have three days to murder Varian the Wretch themselves, or to evacuate the kingdom. After this time has passed, if Varian has not been turned over, the continent of Azeroth is to be physically severed from the rest of the Eastern Continents and obliterated by Gnomish-Dwarven-Goblin engineering and miscellaneous destructive magics of mage-shaman-warlock design.

(Various jungle trolls, the pirate denizens of Booty Bay, and followers of Hogger the Mighty are reminded that they are part of continental Azeroth and are thus encouraged to participate in the above endeavor.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
Anduin: For stealing a priceless dwarven artifact and handing it over to the Horde. Aiding and abetting the enemy.

Deal with it.
You beat me to it.

Last edited by BaronGrackle; 08-17-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 07:03 AM

Demon Hunter

Thrall - Conspiring with known criminal and former Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer. Conspiring with known criminal and former Chieftan Grom Hellscream. Attacking multiple Alliance internment camps and freeing numerous orcs from their sentences. Theft of multiple Alliance naval ships. Failing to enact justice on those responsible for the attacks on Lordaeron soldiers at Stonetalon Peak. Allowing the Warsong to unlawfully occupy Ashenvale. Allowing the Forsaken to kidnap, torture and experiment on Alliance subjects in peacetime. Failing to strip Korm Blackscar of his rank and face Alliance justice for the cowardly attack at the Broken Front. Failing to hand over those responsible for the Ashenvale murders to the Alliance.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:06 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
I have one.

Gann Stonespire: Orchestrating the destruction of Bael Modan.
Gann's dead, can't have a dead person be 'wanted'.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
Medivh. For allowing everything to happen.
Still wondering why he didn't turn to Quel'thalas, didn't kill Arthas on spot at Stratholme, didn't help at Hyjal AT ALL, etc.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:12 AM

Echo of the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Still wondering why he didn't turn to Quel'thalas
Maybe Medivh was racist.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:34 AM

World Builder

Runes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Still wondering why he didn't turn to Quel'thalas, didn't kill Arthas on spot at Stratholme, didn't help at Hyjal AT ALL, etc.
He probably did talk to Quel'thalas offscreen.

And I think it's because Aegewyn revived him with arcane magic so maybe once he expended however much mana was used to rez him he'd die so he couldn't risk getting involved in a fight early on because if he failed and died he couldn't just pull out and try again he'd be -dead-
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandred View Post
Thrall - Conspiring with known criminal and former Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer. Conspiring with known criminal and former Chieftan Grom Hellscream. Attacking multiple Alliance internment camps and freeing numerous orcs from their sentences. Theft of multiple Alliance naval ships. Failing to enact justice on those responsible for the attacks on Lordaeron soldiers at Stonetalon Peak. Allowing the Warsong to unlawfully occupy Ashenvale. Allowing the Forsaken to kidnap, torture and experiment on Alliance subjects in peacetime. Failing to strip Korm Blackscar of his rank and face Alliance justice for the cowardly attack at the Broken Front. Failing to hand over those responsible for the Ashenvale murders to the Alliance.
Mhm...that could be possible. But considering he "saved the world" that would probably push him back a few ranks in the priority list. Id go for 12th or something like that.

Last edited by Trickster; 08-17-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 09:42 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Mhm...that could be possible. But considering he "saved the world" that would probably push him back a few ranks in the priority list. Id go for 12th or something likek that.
Medivh would be specifically wanted for questioning. He's not in any specific legal trouble yet, nor has he been accused of anything, but the rest of us need some answers.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by destron View Post
Medivh would be specifically wanted for questioning. He's not in any specific legal trouble yet, nor has he been accused of anything, but the rest of us need some answers.
Isn't he dead? I always saw his presence in Warcraft 3 as a temporary rez, not a permanent one.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 AM

Elune

Crossed Swords (War2)

What about High Executor Darthalia for all the evil shit she did in Hillsbrad?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhinyAlly View Post
Isn't he dead? I always saw his presence in Warcraft 3 as a temporary rez, not a permanent one.
According to cycle of hatred, it was an actual resurrection. Performed using the power of love.

However, everything except the comic ignores cycle of hatred.

Author of the Pink Engine.

Tags
#freestromgarde, alliance, anduin must die, c for criminal, fanwank, horde are ciminalz, lore, varian must die, wololo, world of warcraft