Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-25-2013, 06:07 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default Future of Silvermoon and the Blood elves in the next patch

Ok, I want to know what you wonderful lore nuts think.

The future of Silvermoon, Blood elves going from the current point in lore.

Horde is being weakened, perhaps lead by a troll (Blugh) and the alliance offered a hand in to them before the Dragon-screwing lady ruined it.

Also, in their infinite wisdom *insert sarcasm* the Regent Lord is running off playing at war that ultimately will not really benefit the Blood Elven race.

Granted Blood Golems, new magic ect but throwing elven bodies at Mogu was unwise.

So, what do you see happening, give me all your juicy ideas
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 AM

The Sun King

Well, for the starters, said troll has great relations with elven leadership and personally helped Quel'Thalas during the latest Amani crisis, so I don't think there'd be any quarrels with him.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 AM

Elune

Troll/elf cultural exchange parties involving hookahs, blow, sultry dancing and lots and lots of questionable magic.

I've been waiting since TBC, damnit.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:40 AM

Arch-Druid

Let Quel'thalas be the staging ground for the incoming anti-Sylvanas offensive led by the Alliance.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
Let Quel'thalas be the staging ground for the incoming anti-Sylvanas offensive led by the Alliance.
Well, that escalated quickly!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 AM

Arch-Druid

Why not? Sounds like a good reason to revamp the starting blood elf quests.

And make the Alliance some justice.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:47 AM

Arch-Druid

Questionable at best, trolls and blood elves have been at each otherís throats for thousands of years, the Amani and knowledge of the Darkspears continues even know to inspire the deepest of hate form the Elven side. Yes, they have a tenuous alliance currently. But it is just that, can you honestly see an elder race as arrogant and xenophobic as them truly forgetting this and following a troll in to battle.

Alas, I know this will be the route as it is confirmed that Silvermoon will (Spoiler) support the rebellion however true trust and friendship between the two races -should- be impossible.

Ideally Blood Elves will take command of the Horde (Awaits outcry) and whip it in to fashion, alas, the horde would benefit from a race able to count passed one hand in charge.

And perhaps benefit from a leader who is not going to marysue-spluge going forward.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 AM

Arch-Druid

Oh god, Blood elves in the alliance! YES! Make this happen
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
Questionable at best, trolls and blood elves have been at each otherís throats for thousands of years, the Amani and knowledge of the Darkspears continues even know to inspire the deepest of hate form the Elven side. Yes, they have a tenuous alliance currently. But it is just that, can you honestly see an elder race as arrogant and xenophobic as them truly forgetting this and following a troll in to battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixy View Post
And make the Alliance some justice.
*Inserts laughing Chinese guy meme*

That seems like your headcanon. Darkspears have been long established as different that other troll tribes and as Kir pointed out, have helped the Blood Evles. In fact, Vol'jin was the one who warned them all. Else Quel'thalas might have been under onslaught of far stronger Amani Tribe.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
It would unbalance the already unbalanced faction player count and will make the Alliance get an influx of loads of players.

It won't happen, I believe.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Also, in their infinite wisdom *insert sarcasm* the Regent Lord is running off playing at war that ultimately will not really benefit the Blood Elven race.
I'm not so sure. Helping to depose Garrosh will net him a better seat of power and respect in the post-Garrosh Horde.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
Ah... How sweet an naive...

Reminds me of Classic Yaskaleh before he, too, was consumed by the bitter spirit of SOL!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:54 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
I'm not so sure. Helping to depose Garrosh will net him a better seat of power and respect in the post-Garrosh Horde.
Indeed. Regent Lord did not seem to do anything you can deem stupid.

1) Securing Dark Animus as leverage.

2) Somewhat easing the tension with Jaina (and scapegoating Garrosh like a true hordie)

Dunno, seems like a decent leader.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:07 AM

Arch-Druid

I am derailing my own opinions collecting thread 

Yes, i know, however I would like to see it. As an avid Blood elf roleplayer and lore nut I simply adore everything about them. However, they do not fit in the horde, until very recently they were apart from it. However in recent times that has changed yes! However I cannot see a Blood Elf standing next to an orc/troll/goblin on the field of battle and being happy about it. I know the Blood Elves will never go to the Alliance; but sun knows I wish it so.

I understand what you are saying about trolls, but the alliance is tenuous at best, I cannot read any lore as friendship. Simply acceptance of the lesser of two evils; if you can source otherwise please, link it!

Hm, Thunder Isle I personally feel was an embarrassment for our lovely regent, he went in rage, in the need to do vengeance, yes; that is a blood elven trait however it was foolish. He has gained a better place in the Horde War council yes, but he had that before Thunder Isle. (I remember vaguely making the Regent sit to his right, pushing Sylvanus back. Dear sun I cannot remember when this was) Mr Hot-head Regent sent a huge force of reading lacking in populace elves too effectively throw at Dalaran. I would love to see Dalaran fall as much as the next elf however he cornered himself in between two enemies.

I loved the Zap-ships-with shield mages though

I guess the good friendship created with the Panda was a plus however.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:09 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post

Reminds me of Classic Yaskaleh before he, too, was consumed by the bitter spirit of SOL!
Wowser, I can see you are going to be an issue
Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 AM

Arch-Druid

Blood Elves were popular with Garrosh in that Baine/Jaina novel. Look what trusting elves does to you *insert Garithos' mustache*

But I am not sure making Belves suddenly hate Darkspear is a way to go. Personally I feel that's just unnecessary.

EDIT: Nah, you should worry about other posters than Kir. For example the ones who won't like you double postin'.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:16 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedMan View Post
Blood Elves were popular with Garrosh in that Baine/Jaina novel. Look what trusting elves does to you *insert Garithos' mustache*
Only because Lor'themar didn't care at all during the meeting and didn't bother to stand up to Garrosh like the rest of the leaders present there did.

Garrosh later thanked Lor'themar for not arguing with him during the meeting, actually.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:18 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kir the Wizard View Post

Seriously though. Blizzard probably did Purge of Dalaran to hammer the point that the Blood Elves are staying Horde. It kinda backfired though because of the notion that Lor'themar considered rejoining the Alliance. Now, "High/Blood Elf in the Alliance" crowd use such notion to support their cause while ignoring the implications of the purge itself.

As for the Blood Elves, Thalen Songweaver is still unaccounted for. In 5.5, surviving Garrosh loyalists including him might be the bridge towards the next villains be they the Naga or the Burning Legion.

Watch my Warcraft 3 stuff in either YouTube, BitChute, DailyMotion, DTube, FruitLab, or Brighteon.

Last edited by Ujimasa Hojo; 06-25-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Old 06-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Eternal
Location: The most gorgeous place in the world (if you've been there you know what I'm talking about)

Horde Flag

Lor'themar is both a tactician and a politician. I see him quite possibly having a cordial rivalry with Vol'jin in a Horde that is in a state of political upheaval. Not the sort of thing that would be a civil war, but both of them have what it takes to be Warchief, so having them maneuver around eachother for it might work well.

That said, the Sin'dorei belong in the Horde. Plain and simple. The Horde that Vol'jin believes in, a family that sticks together, is perfect for Sin'dorei. They were brought in by Sylvannas as family. The Alliance doesn't trust them since their TBC/Pre-TBC shennanigans. As such, the Horde, full of people the world doesn't necessarily trust, is exactly where they belong. Full of people who will stand up for eachother. This is the Horde: us against the world. For the Horde.

In the mean time, I see his rivalry with Jaina and the outright disdain that he and Vareesa have for eachother coming into play. Jaina will probably send Vareesa into Quel'thalas with her Silver Covenant Rangers to stage a guerrilla war for the High Elves to reassert political dominance in Silvermoon and possibly to retake Aethas Sunreaver (and there may or may not be a twist there). They'll probably retake the part of the capital that's still in ruins, as a revamped Quel'thalas has no need for wretched wandering all over the place. In fact, all of the wretched dominated areas and possibly the night elf areas of Quel'Thalas might be good places for Quel'dorei insurgents. Such an attack would be calculated to keep Sylvanas off balance and would rely on support from within Quel'thalas.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Banished

Quote:
I know the Blood Elves will never go to the Alliance; but sun knows I wish it so.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:26 AM

Arch-Druid

Tome of Knowledge

I was actually expecting that to happen. Wasn't sure when,though, but I was certain it was going to happen today.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Elune

OP's sentiments are funny given how a Darkspear troll can walk around Quel'thalas far more freely then any human ever could, given that they were barred from even entering QT. Very loving relationship that was.

But that would be saying the OP is not a troll, and he is.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:38 AM

The Sun King

Quote:
I am derailing my own opinions collecting thread 

Yes, i know, however I would like to see it. As an avid Blood elf roleplayer and lore nut I simply adore everything about them. However, they do not fit in the horde, until very recently they were apart from it. However in recent times that has changed yes! However I cannot see a Blood Elf standing next to an orc/troll/goblin on the field of battle and being happy about it. I know the Blood Elves will never go to the Alliance; but sun knows I wish it so.

I understand what you are saying about trolls, but the alliance is tenuous at best, I cannot read any lore as friendship. Simply acceptance of the lesser of two evils; if you can source otherwise please, link it!
That's sort of the point of how elves are presented in Warcraft franchise. Well, the "highbloodelves", at the very least. They never, ever liked their "allies" and dealt with other races grudgingly. They are all opinionated and act superior to other races. They consider even the most minuscule amounts of help a great gift from their master race. They see all of their allies as ungrateful wretches. They rarely forgive betrayal, but consider themselves fully in the right to question orders, abandon alliances and plot joining the other side behind their allies' back. With the exception of some rangers and blood knights, most of the elven characters can be characterized as self-centered elitist dicks.

But that's part of the appeal.

To compare with other franchises, the high elves of Warcraft are less like the proud and ancient, but honorable, high elves of Arda... and more like the eccentric House of Telvanni of Tamriel, wanting nothing but to be left alone and secluded in their arcane towers, searching for the secrets of magic long forgotten.

Contrary to the many, many fans' imagination, the high elves never jumped steadfast into the Alliance and happily consummated their eternal friendship with humanity. Despite the SAC having a total "Gondor card" in form of the old Arathi oath of aid, all the help he got from King Anasterian was... a squad of volunteered rangers. It was not until the Horde actually invaded Thalassian lands that the elves FINALLY started helping the Alliance for real.

And as soon as the big war was ever, Quel'Thalas swiftly left the Alliance, slamming the door soundly. Because screw those humans.

The only ally Quel'Thalas ever had for long was Dalaran (which had a great elven population and was based on Thalassian arcane culture anyway), an alliance for 2000 years. Other than that... The Alliance? The Horde? A mere couple or so years.

All of the Alliance patriots among the high elves are currently still a part of the Alliance. These guys have always shown their loyalty to the international cause, but they have never been the majority. Most of the elves treated any alliances as pacts of convenience, not as eternal friendship.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Arch-Druid

Oo that does sound interesting, however I do not feel the High Elves could keep themselves afloat long enough to be of any true issue. I would say that, (Head Canon) after 15 years that the ruined Silvermoon has been returned to its former glory and occupied if a bit with a minor guard, however with the lack of BC update we shanít know until Blizz update it. (Which Blizz has stated they are not going to do )

But I do love the idea of the High Elves holding one last stand in Eversong/Quelíthalas in a ditch attempt to cause as much strife in elven lands as possible.

Mehhh, no, I simply cannot see it. Elves live to an age none of the Horde races could even fathom, to an elf they are nothing but brutes and animals. Yes, I cannot speak for the whole race, but the Horde-Elf agreement was out of necessity on both sides. Blood Elves have recovered in part; they have a element of control of their addiction and the Sunwell (Though we donít know its effect yet) is providing energy/magic/power to them. The Elves do not need the Horde as much as they need them. I only see them in the alliance more than the horde is they have others in the alliance that they could grow with, treat as equals and use to protect themselves better.

@ C9H20 Ė Different leadership my friend, the Regent is known to be Horde-soft.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Don't worry, he will be broken soon.

Tags
blood elves, elves, fanwank