Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 03-15-2016, 09:31 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
Loken fooled Ulduar into thinking he was the Prime Designate and I guess he added the rest of the false info to throw off his scent.
Oh so that was from him screwing around not him becoming Prime after Helya trapped Odyn in Valhalla?

My Worldbuilding:
http://bloodinkworlds.tumblr.com/
Old 03-15-2016, 09:34 AM

Elune
BattleTag: CEMOTucu#2138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutterscrawl View Post
Oh so that was from him screwing around not him becoming Prime after Helya trapped Odyn in Valhalla?
Yeah. Loken became Prime Designate because he hacked Ulduar. And the Tribunal of Ages was a forged replacement for the Discs of Norgannon that Tyr and co. stealed.

Loremaster on
MundoWarcraft

(Spanish Warcraft Lore Community and Roleplay)

Last edited by Cemotucu; 03-15-2016 at 09:40 AM..
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
Yeah. Loken became Prime Designate because he hacked Ulduar. And the Tribunal of Ages was a forged replacement for the Discs of Norgannon that Tyr and co. stealed.
Still strikes me as weird he'd need the tribunal to say random stuff about the aesir/vanir (Do the vanir even exist anymore?)

I can sort of understand why he'd need replacement discs.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-15-2016, 09:42 AM

Time-Lost Proto Nerd

Quote:
Still strikes me as weird he'd need the tribunal to say random stuff about the aesir/vanir (Do the vanir even exist anymore?)

Aesir and vanir are mentioned once, explaining that they're the two types of keepers, but its never clarified which keepers are meant to be which.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:03 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Guy of Doom View Post
Aesir and vanir are mentioned once, explaining that they're the two types of keepers, but its never clarified which keepers are meant to be which.
You sure about that? Didn't the book mention Thorim or something being iron?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:21 AM

Eternal

Quote:

Aesir and vanir were the two types of titan forged that the Titans employed against the Old Gods' empire. The Keepers were chosen from among them but I don't know if it's ever mentioned which Keeper came from which type. Though I suppose some are obvious, like Tyr and Odyn being aesir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
You sure about that? Didn't the book mention Thorim or something being iron?
I'm fairly sure Tyr and Odyn are mentioned as being metalic. I think it's mentioned during their fight with Ragnaros.

ffs I'm the only one who cares aren't I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel'dirion View Post
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:33 AM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Aesir use lighting and vanir use earth as their base powers, afaik. Thorim, Hodir and Ra are definitely aesir. Loken probably too, based on the spells he uses.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:35 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
Aesir and vanir were the two types of titan forged that the Titans employed against the Old Gods' empire.

The Keepers were chosen from among them but I don't know if it's ever mentioned which Keeper came from which type. Though I suppose some are obvious, like Tyr and Odyn being aesir.
Yeah that much was in the old lore, my concern is this trend Blizzard has been in for awhile of having these groups and divisions created initially... and then they stop mattering or are retconned or fused later on.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-15-2016, 10:43 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
Aesir use lighting and vanir use earth as their base powers, afaik. Thorim, Hodir and Ra are definitely aesir. Loken probably too, based on the spells he uses.
That would leave only Freya, Archeades and possibly Mimiron as vanir, I think?

Quote:
Yeah that much was in the old lore, my concern is this trend Blizzard has been in for awhile of having these groups and divisions created initially... and then they stop mattering or are retconned or fused later on.
That'd be a shame, yeah.

Quote:
And that is the Drama to being part of the Horde. There are people out there who want you dead. You honestly can’t blame them. Do you lie down and die for them? No. You enjoy the challenge. You keep your head up and move forward.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:49 AM

World Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalpimp View Post
That would leave only Freya, Archeades and possibly Mimiron as vanir, I think?

That'd be a shame, yeah.
Those few Vanir also make me worry about the remaining option Blizz takes.

One version of the groups is plainly inferior / underrepresented compared to the other.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-15-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:

One version of the groups is plainly inferior / underrepresented compared to the other.
To compensate, the Pantheon obviously only chose vanir for the second gen keepers.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:10 AM

Eternal

It's probably not important, but is it ever stated which keepers did Norgannon and Golganneth try to get inside of(giggity)?

Quote:
Old 03-15-2016, 11:11 AM

It's a shame that none of the males had female keepers. Imagine the results if the soul transfer had worked.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:21 AM

World Builder

Quote:
It's a shame that none of the males had female keepers. Imagine the results if the soul transfer had worked.
That's a can of worms I don't think Blizz can handle tactfully.

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-15-2016, 06:35 PM

Banished

Quote:

Arent Freya and Frey like the only vanir in norse myth?
Old 03-15-2016, 06:48 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Shut up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:06 AM

Guru of Gilneas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenyaArikado View Post
Arent Freya and Frey like the only vanir in norse myth?
And Njordr, the sea god.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:02 AM

If I understood what I've read so far correctly, the original titan-forged are considered giants, just like the anubisaths. In other words, it is possible that the animal-headed keepers of Uldum are anubisath-type giants, as well as second gen keepers.

Since the anubisaths are made out of stone, would that add at least three more vanir? I'd say no, since anubisath seems to be a classification that's on the same level as vanir and aesir. Just another type of giant.

Last edited by Nazja; 03-16-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-16-2016, 11:07 AM

World Builder

A little sad the original sea giants were given the same look they have now

Nixes my thought of Sea Giants we'd seen so far being the dregs after the Naga destroyed their civilization underwater.

Do they ever touch on Gymir or the Storm Giants or why they're in junk-clothes instead of titan-gear?

My Worldbuilding:
Old 03-16-2016, 03:53 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

did they confirm where sea giants came from? I was confused by the wording
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 03-16-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
did they confirm where sea giants came from? I was confused by the wording
They said that they were conscripted, which implies that they predated the Forge of Wills and are members of the aesir or vanir giant race. On the other hand, the list that said that contained only second generation titanforged (if we exclude the dubious giants), so it's likely that they were second generation titanforged too and that "conscripted" just means forged, in this case.

I'm leaning more towards the latter, although the way Chronicle is written also makes it seem possible that storm and frost giants are first generation, aesir titanforged.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:09 PM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: AlexWolf#1390

Quote:
They said that they were conscripted, which implies that they predated the Forge of Wills and are members of the aesir or vanir giant race. On the other hand, the list that said that contained only second generation titanforged (if we exclude the dubious giants), so it's likely that they were second generation titanforged too and that "conscripted" just means forged, in this case.

I'm leaning more towards the latter, although the way Chronicle is written also makes it seem possible that storm and frost giants are first generation, aesir titanforged.
yeah it was the use of conscripted that leaves me wondering if the sea giants were non titan created but I feel that would have been mentioned as well
Sylvanas shook her head. Her locks had been pale blond in life, but appeared to be silver, and now they looked almost as white as her sisters. They were the moons, Alleria had teased, calling them Lady Moon and Little Moon, while she and Lirath the eldest and the youngest were the suns of the family, with their bright golden tresses. Alleria .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArJe--CGatg
Old 03-16-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurako View Post
yeah it was the use of conscripted that leaves me wondering if the sea giants were non titan created but I feel that would have been mentioned as well
Yeah, and since there was no life on Azeroth before them, besides elementals, OGs and their minions, they must be titanforged.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:53 AM

Owl Scout

It's something that i always wondered:
  • We know that mountain giants can become colossi when they get "cursed" (there's a quest on this);
  • We know that colossi are almost identical to stone elementals (as the ones we see inside deepholm);
  • We know that iron dwarves (and, maybe, the earthen), can craft colossi from rocks (as seen inside halls of stone);
  • We know that colossi can get corrupted and become fungal giants (inside deepholm again);

What if the keepers, when creating the giants, used or craft some elementals (stone elementals, colossi, etc) and improved them with the Forge of Wills?

That could explain why they have some identical models and seams to have both elemental and titanic properties.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzbah View Post
It's something that i always wondered:
  • We know that mountain giants can become colossi when they get "cursed" (there's a quest on this);
  • We know that colossi are almost identical to stone elementals (as the ones we see inside deepholm);
  • We know that iron dwarves (and, maybe, the earthen), can craft colossi from rocks (as seen inside halls of stone);
  • We know that colossi can get corrupted and become fungal giants (inside deepholm again);

What if the keepers, when creating the giants, used or craft some elementals (stone elementals, colossi, etc) and improved them with the Forge of Wills?

That could explain why they have some identical models and seams to have both elemental and titanic properties.
I think that those mountain/stone giants are either titan-made elementals or pacifist elementals who were conscripted by the keepers, instead of being titanforged. The more humanoid stone giants like Archavon, on the other hand, should be titanforged, of course.

Tags
chronicle, titans, warcraft