Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Scrolls of Lore > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 AM

Elune

Default Dragon Age Discussion

So this bad boy got released 2 days ago in the US and i finally got to play some of it myself! So yeah thought i'd make a topic for it since this forum is full of Bioware fans/gamers. What are your thoughts on the game so far? Also warn about spoilers if you're going to discuss about them in this thread.

Anyhooow. I haven't gotten to play it that much. I finished by Human Noble's Origin area and now i'm off to adventure the world with Alistair. =p Here's my character profile. Be sure to share yours! <3

So yeah bottom line: Playing a Human Noble Warrior. Prolly going Templar spec for starters. What are you guys playing/planned on playing? =)

Last edited by Aldrius; 09-18-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag

OoO new bioware game. Very nice. It's treating you well I'm assuming? worth forking over $50??
Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 PM

Eternal
Location: England, Great Britain, Soon to be United States of Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
OoO new bioware game. Very nice. It's treating you well I'm assuming? worth forking over $50??
You have expensive games. Here it's only £25. Anyway, I would buy it but it's too good for my computer.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag."
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC
Old 11-05-2009, 04:14 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lob_SG View Post
Eh isn't the PC version just 50 Dollars? Xbox360 version is like 60 dollars. I'm really liking my PC version and Omacron's 360 version looked pretty damn good in a 50 inch television lol. The controller and group AI seemed good in the 360 port aswell.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:47 PM

Arch-Druid

Human noble, rogue. I considered going the warrior route, but rogues gain skills faster and I figure a lot of the fun of a Bioware game comes from interacting with characters (hurray for the Coercion skill!) and the environment. However, with that said I might take up the Assassin specialization later to make up for damage and then maybe a Bard or Ranger for support.

So far I've gotten through the origin story and survived the ritual to become a Grey Warden. After so long playing WoW the camera and combat system are taking some getting used to and the TOTAL INABILITY TO JUMP FRUSTRATES ME, but the mechanics do seem fairly comprehensive and functional. The conversation trees are fun too, though without the Light/Dark Paragon/Ruthless meters of previous Bioware games I'm less certain of how to act and what the repercussions of my responses might be. I can definitely see the homage to past games in the genre as well, but despite all these positive elements I'm still not sure how to rate the game yet. It's good, certainly, but Mass Effect's beginning was far superior in my opinion. Regardless, the game shows promise and I definitely plan on continuing to play to see if it gets better.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Starting off with a human mage, intend to go down the blood mage/spirit healer path. Got Alistair and Morrigan in my party and I'm debating whether or not to keep Wynne, Sten or the Dog with me.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM

Arch-Druid

The dog is awesome! ...speaking as someone who used to own a purebred rottweiler and likes big, friendly canines that in other settings and circumstances could be rather intimidating.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 PM

Elune

Yeah i like the dog aswell. Named him Ace (after the Bathound ). I just did the very 1st dungeon of DAO and the last boss was a great experience to the RPG in the game. I loved it!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:35 PM

Elune

So I get to bang Morrigan, and then she basically tells me she's cool with an open relationship. But you know what she won't do?

Ride.

The.

Fucking.

Tricycle.

GET ON THE BIKE WITH ME WENCH.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:41 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordragon View Post
So I get to bang Morrigan, and then she basically tells me she's cool with an open relationship. But you know what she won't do?

Ride.

The.

Fucking.

Tricycle.

GET ON THE BIKE WITH ME WENCH.
Hey Claudia Black is Morrigan.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Elune

And her mom is Captain Janeway. I relished killing her.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 AM

Elune

Quote:
And her mom is Captain Janeway. I relished killing her.
Really? Cool.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 AM

Ranger
Send a message via MSN to Lob_SG

Horde Flag Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
TOTAL INABILITY TO JUMP FRUSTRATES ME,
Wow so it seems this game is worth checking out. I thought so at first glance but then thought maybe I was just getting wrapped up in hype. Glad it turned out well guess I'll look into picking that up. But seriously no jumping in any game is always a downer.

BTW Drz liking the new look. Spreading the good word brother.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2009, 12:08 AM

Elune

Holy shit, the ending I got was fuuuuuucked uppppp.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 AM

Elune

Quote:
Holy shit, the ending I got was fuuuuuucked uppppp.
You done beat the game already?

So did it turn out your tricycle was the real bad guy?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Am I just a terrible player or is this game ridiculously frustrating at times? Having to clear a room where all the enemies are archers or mages, I dont even get to them before I die.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandius View Post
You done beat the game already?

So did it turn out your tricycle was the real bad guy?
Yeah, it was pretty decent length, although I missed a lot of stuff.

How could a tricycle be the villain? Tricycles are the best things ever. If anything is the villain it would be a Devil's Threeway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn View Post
Am I just a terrible player or is this game ridiculously frustrating at times? Having to clear a room where all the enemies are archers or mages, I dont even get to them before I die.
What's your party makeup and what are they doing? The "shield" sustained abilities in the Sword & Board tree of the warrior class make you almost immune to arrows, so if you have one of those put him on point. Also, keep in mind projectiles follow line of sight, so if you hide on the other side of a doorway, or behind a tree or something, they won't be able to shoot you through it.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Elune

Quote:
What's your party makeup and what are they doing? The "shield" sustained abilities in the Sword & Board tree of the warrior class make you almost immune to arrows, so if you have one of those put him on point. Also, keep in mind projectiles follow line of sight, so if you hide on the other side of a doorway, or behind a tree or something, they won't be able to shoot you through it.
I got it directly after posting my grievance using a line of sight pull. I enjoy the frustrating part that make it not just a run in hack and slash.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:01 PM

Elune

So what party members do you guys use? My Warrior (Dual wielder) has Alistair tanking. Morgaret for damage + frost weapons but then my 4th member... I could use my Dog or Leliana, any thoughts? Leliana provides Bard-songs and has both ranged + melee attacks. While the Dog is purely melee + can stun. Oh well i guess i should just get to the Mage Circle and get Wynne as a healer, i suppose... Also theres no penalty for giving Leliana chain-mail or casters Leather armor, right? Aslong as the stats are good and you make sure they aint loosing too much of their primary stats, aye?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:12 PM

Elune

Im about to restart the game actually as a human noble warrior, with sword and shield. Im too far in to just switch my weapons and not really far enough in that It will take me time to retrace the steps. Plus I pissed off Morrigan... alot.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:25 PM

Elune

I restarted aswell. My Human Noble went too far into sword+shield so having Alistair with me (and i didn't wanna tank with him, thinking of doing that with a Dwarf maybe or not at all lol) just became too low damage. So i switched to a Dalish Elf Warrior now.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:31 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
So what party members do you guys use? My Warrior (Dual wielder) has Alistair tanking. Morgaret for damage + frost weapons but then my 4th member... I could use my Dog or Leliana, any thoughts? Leliana provides Bard-songs and has both ranged + melee attacks. While the Dog is purely melee + can stun. Oh well i guess i should just get to the Mage Circle and get Wynne as a healer, i suppose... Also theres no penalty for giving Leliana chain-mail or casters Leather armor, right? Aslong as the stats are good and you make sure they aint loosing too much of their primary stats, aye?
Armor has an encumbrance level that makes abilities cost more. Also they require higher strength, which means that mages who don't take Arcane Warrior as a sub-class, you have to put a lot of useless (totally useless) points in strength. For a rogue, strength is a stat you probably want to get to 32 (the number you need to use the best swords) and leave.

My party is the main character (Duelist/Bard), my tank Alister (Templar/Champion), Morrigan as healer (Shapeshifter/Spirit Healer) and Oghren, the 2h-user warrior (berserker/champion). Oghren is probably my favorite character, since his personal quest is just him trying to get some sex.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:44 PM

Elune

Thanks alot Fordragon! Also here's a funny comic:

To be honest it is kinda sad for Bioware to have an NPC to promote their DLC. It's like if Deathwing would attack a player and tell him to buy Cataclysm.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Elune

Darkmoon Card: Elementals

Just started a game as a human mage. Seems fun so far...
Member #14
Old 11-07-2009, 06:52 PM

Elune

I just had the best animation ever when you kill the Ogre in the tower.

Tags
bioware, dragons