Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > WarCraft Lore Discussion

Old 06-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Arch-Druid

Here's a list of things I expect to see:
  • The Dar'Khan quest chain's text is altered to indicate that the purpose in delivering the head to Orgrimmar is to show Garrosh that the Blood Elves are strong and "worthy" enough to remain in the Horde
  • Various quest dialogue is altered so that Blood Elves speak of restoring Quel'Thalas rather than moving to Outland
  • The Horde diplomats have new scripted dialogue to reflect that Blood Elves are already part of the Horde
  • More changes to the Blood Knight set-up to reflect the reignited Sunwell

And things I'd like to see:
  • Move the Undercity teleporter out of Sunfury Spire. Not only is it a fair distance from the economic hubs of the city, but I find it a bit silly that magically teleporting to Silvermoon takes me within a hair's breadth of the Blood Elf leadership
  • Scryer NPCs scattered around Silvermoon. They don't need to give quests, but I'd like to see some signs that the Scryers are playing a role in the post-TBC Quel'thalas.
  • Change the scripted event in the Bazaar so instead of the Magisters silencing the dissenters there's a vocal majority in favor of staying in the Horde and continuing their alliance with the Forsaken
  • Remove the "Remain strong. Kael'thas will—error—Lor'themar will lead you to power and glory!" quote from the Arcane Guardians. Silvermoon has had over a year to fix this glitch.
  • Lor'themar, Halduron, and Rommath doing more stuff. They could really use a stronger presence.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:35 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan Seven View Post
[*]Lor'themar, Halduron, and Rommath doing more stuff. They could really use a stronger presence.[/LIST]
poor Rommath, I remember 2 manning him back in the day when you could port to Silvermoon from Undercity as alliance.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:38 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DrRobert#1475

I really hope all the racial leaders get to shine in Battle for Undercity type events all across Azeroth.
Now imagine a music, dear readers, heavy with cellos at a rapid staccato. Cellos held between thighs in a dark room. The little room of Harry's chest as he walks with his teammates to the opening gate of his first Test of Cribbage. They are a rag-tag group of champions, this bunch, and with Harry, the near-perfect new god, they know they will dominate the day. Harry is a world laced with rivers of wizardly blood. He is ready.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:57 PM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
The Dar'Khan quest chain's text is altered to indicate that the purpose in delivering the head to Orgrimmar is to show Garrosh that the Blood Elves are strong and "worthy" enough to remain in the Horde
Dar'Khan would already be dead by the time Garrosh assumed control of the Horde. Replace Dar'Khan entirely with someone else - maybe a surviving San'layn prince or something.

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 06-22-2010, 04:05 PM

Loremaster

Quote:
[*]Remove the "Remain strong. Kael'thas will—error—Lor'themar will lead you to power and glory!" quote from the Arcane Guardians. Silvermoon has had over a year to fix this glitch.[/LIST]
For that matter, one would think they'd get rid of all those statues of Kael'thas towering over the passages between sections of Silvermoon.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Lord of the
Assassin's League
BattleTag: Sonneillon #1112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
For that matter, one would think they'd get rid of all those statues of Kael'thas towering over the passages between sections of Silvermoon.
Shame they don't have a single notable Blood-elf worthy of a new statue besides Sylvanas. Besides, Regent Lord WhatsHisFace, who is certainly not statue worthy.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 PM

Keeper of the Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Shame they don't have a single notable Blood-elf worthy of a new statue besides Sylvanas. Besides, Regent Lord WhatsHisFace, who is certainly not statue worthy.
And why wouldn't Sylvanas fit as a statue in Silvermoon? Died defending her homeland, and still fighting for it even in death. I find it ludicrous that were Silvermoon under heavy attack Sylvanas wouldn't dispatch as much of the Forsaken military as was possible.

I'd like to think that were Sylvanas to attempt to regain the title of Ranger General, the Blood Elves wouldn't truly oppose it. I mean what name is more identified with Quel'Thalas (aside from Sunstrider) than Windrunner?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:38 PM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiol View Post
And why wouldn't Sylvanas fit as a statue in Silvermoon? Died defending her homeland, and still fighting for it even in death. I find it ludicrous that were Silvermoon under heavy attack Sylvanas wouldn't dispatch as much of the Forsaken military as was possible.

I'd like to think that were Sylvanas to attempt to regain the title of Ranger General, the Blood Elves wouldn't truly oppose it. I mean what name is more identified with Quel'Thalas (aside from Sunstrider) than Windrunner?
I'd be down with Liadrin becoming the Blood Elf heroine personality.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
Lady Liadrin: bring redemption to the blood elves and helped reignite(with Velen) the Sunwell.
Aethas Sunreaver: Council of Six member=> very high ranking mage in Kirin Tor
Vorenthal the Seer: Leader of the Scryers, because of him, a large part of some of the best scholars and magi of the Blood Elves didn't join Kael's army into destruction
Grand Magister Rommath: his Blood Magi are the whole reason Silvermoon looks the way it does, they helped greatly in the rebuilt of Silvermoon City.
Farstrider Halduron Brightwing: Leader of the Farstriders and the Blood Elven Military
Lor'Themar Theron: Defender during the scourge invasion, stayed behind to lead the blood elves, when their mad king went on a wild goose hunt in Outland, helped Anveena with the restoration of the sunwell. Joined forces with Sylvanas and the Horde
King Anestarian Sunstrider: Ruled Quel'Thalas for thousands of years and defended it until the bitter end. Led the elves to more than one victory in war.
All of which did more for the blood elves than Sylvanas, what did she do? defend Quel'Thalas against the scourge? So did the ones mentioned above, only they survived(except Anestarian).

Honestly, anyone else hoping that the Convocation of Silvermoon gets restored?
With as members:
- Lor'themar Theron (functioning as leader)
- Grand Magister Rommath (voice of the Magi)
- Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing (voice of the Farstriders)
- Sylvanas Windrunner (not present, but has a voice)
- Voren'thal the Seer (voice of Scryers)
- Aethas Sunreaver (voice of the Sunreavers)
- Lady Liadrin (voice of the Blood Knights and priests)

and maybe, just maybe, there's another Sunstrider running around, while I could understand that Kael'thas didn't have a kid, I find it hard to believe that Anestarian had only one heir to the throne, he was king for 3000 years!

Last edited by Reyson; 06-22-2010 at 07:20 PM..
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Hippogryph Rider

Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon

Since there are no ultra leader for Blood Elfs i think there should be an election going on in the city when the expansion comes, with many noble Blood Elfs and some commoners talking about campaign promises and promising something like mana wyrm pets for all or free clean magic energy with no fel pollution within 1 year and have the people like Lyria Skystrider, Vaeron Kormar, Terric Brightwind and Melaya Tassier that are talking at the gathering in the Bazaar area of Silvermoon City.
Put some posters up where the politician have a picture of them with a slogan or a promise all around the city or in a specific area like the Bazaar and/or inns.

The net is vast and infinite
Old 06-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Elune
BattleTag: DedChikn#1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyson View Post
If this were to happen, which I dont see, would my draenei who is exalted with the scryers have neutrality in Silvermoon?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 PM

Sentinel Queen

I am a blood elf player but I would be content if our racial leader recives a unique model and a unique voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 AM

Arch-Druid
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshmaul

Quote:
- Lor'themar Theron (functioning as leader)
Makes sense, since he's the acknowledged leader of the blood elves with Kael dead. There are some who think that Theron will be crowned King or some such.
Quote:
- Grand Magister Rommath (voice of the Magi)
Rommath was also sent by Kael'thas. I'd keep an eye on him...
Quote:
- Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing (voice of the Farstriders)
Also an obvious choice.
Quote:
- Sylvanas Windrunner (not present, but has a voice)
Given the actions of the Forsaken, the blood elves might "walk the line" with the rest of the Horde and sorta take a cautious step back, even if Sylvanas was "one of them" at one point. (The operative term being "was".)
Quote:
Possible. I'd like to hear more about him, too.
Quote:
- Aethas Sunreaver (voice of the Sunreavers)
See the bit on Voren'thal.
Quote:
- Lady Liadrin (voice of the Blood Knights and priests)
She needs to make a comeback of SOME kind in Cataclysm, but I don't think sitting in drafty council chambers will do it. *chuckles*

Quote:
and maybe, just maybe, there's another Sunstrider running around, while I could understand that Kael'thas didn't have a kid, I find it hard to believe that Anestarian had only one heir to the throne, he was king for 3000 years!
Considering they're magicking up children for renowned characters all over the place (Garrosh, Arator, Jorin Deadeye, Med'an...okay, he doesn't count, but still), I don't see why not. Although...I believe I read this in the first book of the WotA (so I'm going by Knaak here, take that how you will), but it's implied that elves don't generally tend to have a lot of kids - having one is surprise enough, and Vereesa having twins was considered to be a major shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afaslizo View Post
I am a blood elf player but I would be content if our racial leader recives a unique model and a unique voice.
I have to agree. To my knowledge, he's the only leader who doesn't have his own lines.

Horde: Eaglespear - Joshmaul - Sekhesmet - Malkus - Kitrik - Suzl
Alliance: Devaneaux - Jaedenlaek - Vendross - Zherron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornakk
…the ritual came to a close and a demon of untold power (but limited stature) was pulled through the void, kicking and biting and gnashing its teeth, forcibly bound to the mortal world. The warlock, a quizzical expression on his face, regarded his familiar, who was in fact now quite unfamiliar, and inquired, "Who in the hell are you?"
Old 06-23-2010, 12:46 AM

Elune

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
Makes sense, since he's the acknowledged leader of the blood elves with Kael dead. There are some who think that Theron will be crowned King or some such.
Didn't Silvermoon pick kings, or princes, based on the royal families? I thought Kael was supposed to be the last of his line or something. Wouldn't Theron take a different title like lord? Or would he just go with king too?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 AM

Arch-Druid
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

some of that sounds amazing,

i would be happy with a cleanup of the city and surrounding area (falconwing and city end of dead scar) also change of model for leaders and the council reinstated (maybe with a nice looking council room in the spire) and able to fly over silvermoon.

also get rid of those horrible statues and put some nice fountains or new ones in!

also i love the idea of honouring the drani for IOQD and sunwell. that would be so nice!

but otherwise i think that i can settle at that.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by belorealah View Post
lol dwarf alexstrasza would be a joke! most powerful bein in the world be a dwarf????
Why would you find that so amazing? Elune is shaped like a Night Elf and the most famous bronze dragon short of Nozdormu himself is a gnome.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:05 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufy View Post
Why would you find that so amazing? Elune is shaped like a Night Elf and the most famous bronze dragon short of Nozdormu himself is a gnome.
I'm mostly perturbed that Dragons never choose forms of the following races: Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins and Dwarves.

It's more than a little ridiculous that they continually choose Human or High/Blood Elf forms. I'm actually pleasantly surprised when I see a Dragon in Night Elf form. The reason Alex as a Dwarf would be cool is because it would be UNIQUE, if nothing else. Instead we got some weird Heavy Metal wet dream Dragon Elf.

I would understand if each flight had a favorite race to resemble, but it's skewed toward the pretty pinkos far too much for my tastes and, yes, I play Alliance. I just like to promote variety. That Dragons choose "aesthetically pleasing forms" is absurdly knaackish to me. Dragons should be turned on by smooth scales, wingspan, and horn size. Yep. Horn size.

Until I see a Dragon implemented that happily chooses a female Orc humanoid form, I'm going to eyeroll the whole concept of shapechanging immortal magical flying lizards.

Someone once suggested that Sindragosa should have a Female Undead form, and I love that. I'd participate in a resurrection quest and blue group therapy to see that.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 AM

Glaive Thrower

While I think that a dragon masquerading as a dwarf would be awesome and pretty appropriate, I think that it would need to be a black dragon. The flights seem to take on humanoid forms that sort of reflect the nature of the flight as a whole, so with the black dragonflight ostensibly being the caretakers of the earth, it'd make sense to see some of them appearing as dwarves.

Orcs, though, I don't think so, they're not even native to Azeroth, there's no reason at all for any Azerothian dragons to take on an orcish appearance. Well, there's no reason other than possible subterfuge.

As for the blood elves, I too would like to see the Kael statues torn down and Lady Liadrin statues erected. From what I can tell, none of the current blood elf leadership have really impacted their culture the way that she has.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
Dar'Khan would already be dead by the time Garrosh assumed control of the Horde. Replace Dar'Khan entirely with someone else - maybe a surviving San'layn prince or something.
A lot of NPCs would logically be dead by the time Cataclysm launches. And maybe my expectations of Blizzard are too low, but I don't expect them to replace many of them with new NPCs - particularly the more famous ones. After all, would the Scarlet Monastery be the same without the iconic Whitemane? Dar'Khan was in a manga, he has a backstory that gives Blood Elf players a sense of justice and vengeance when they kill him, and replacing him with somebody who's never been heard of before would probably be more trouble than it's worth, particularly if Blizzard doesn't plan on making major changes to the zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM3481 View Post
The thing about the statues, though, is that nothing explicitly says in-game that they are of Kael'thas. Those of us who've played Warcraft III and/or encountered Kael'thas in Outland know better, but Blizzard could easily wave their hands and claim that the statues are of some other famous Blood Elf ruler. Plus, they're a fairly integral component of Silvermoon's architecture and I don't know how hard it would be to remove them and replace them with something else. Changing a scripted quote for an Arcane Guardian, on the other hand, is relatively easy.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Sentinel Queen

I suppose they could always say the statues are of Anasterian, and that father & son look shockingly similar.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 AM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peger View Post
I suppose they could always say the statues are of Anasterian, and that father & son look shockingly similar.
Unfortunatly, King Anestarian wasn't the guy to wear robes, he was a warrior-mage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded Chikn
If this were to happen, which I dont see, would my draenei who is exalted with the scryers have neutrality in Silvermoon?
First of all, I never really got the point in having the player decide between Scryers and Aldor, the logical way would be Scryers for Horde and Aldor for Alliance.
2nd, that would mean my blood elf has neutrality in Darnassus, seeing as Fandral Staghelm/Malfurion Stormrage is a leader in the Cenarion Circle(who form the 2nd highest power in Darnassus), which I'm exalted with.

Having a Convocation of Silvermoon doesn't mean they all have to be in Silvermoon 24/7, they can go on missions etc. It would just mean that big decisions are made within the Convocation itself. If they wanted, they could have 2 versions of the same character in the game(one going on missions/fight wars and the other staying in Silvermoon). They never had a problem with that before (3 garroshes:Nagrand,Warsong Hold and Icecrown).

This would make them able to send the person most fit for the job, so they don't always have to use their racial leader.

Also, if they really wanted to, they could somehow write Valeera Sanguinar back to the Horde. It seems they didn't really like a blood elf being in Stormwind:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeera Sanguinar
I heard the Horde is amassing its own army to head to Northrend. HOPEFULLY your Alliance and the Horde can focus on the real threat. You know, instead of each other?
Somehow I think that's unlikely to happen, if my experience here is any indication. Your people have been SO welcoming to me.
<Valeera mutters angrily to herself.>
She could act as some sort of negotiator with the Alliance (if things were to cool down between Horde and Alliance)

Last edited by Reyson; 06-23-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Old 06-23-2010, 10:51 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Also, if they really wanted to, they could somehow write Valeera Sanguinar back to the Horde. It seems they didn't really like a blood elf being in Stormwind:

She could act as some sort of negotiator with the Alliance (if things were to cool down between Horde and Alliance)
Technically that's not even canon as in the comics she wasn't even in Stormwind during the Scourge assault. Plus I think she thinks it's kind of cool to be a king's right hand elf. She was an orphan with no family and no home and killed to survive and now she's the king's best friend and has the kings ear on important matters of state. Personally I think it would be cool if there was a blood elf neutral group or a blood elf alliance faction. I'm sure Lyria Skystrider and Priest Ennas don't want to be a part of the Horde.

EDIT: By the way does anyone know if Ennas and Skystrider still do that protest thing in the Bazaar after the Sunwell is restored?

Last edited by Sports72Xtrm; 06-23-2010 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-23-2010, 11:20 AM

Arch-Druid

Yes, those two are still protesting and being mind controlled as of now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magistrix Verdande View Post
I think I could go down to McDonalds, order a strawberry milkshake, take the bus to the park, enjoy the weather, and then go home, and it'd still be enough to somehow piss off alliance players.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:42 PM

Arch-Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Technically that's not even canon as in the comics she wasn't even in Stormwind during the Scourge assault. Plus I think she thinks it's kind of cool to be a king's right hand elf. She was an orphan with no family and no home and killed to survive and now she's the king's best friend and has the kings ear on important matters of state. Personally I think it would be cool if there was a blood elf neutral group or a blood elf alliance faction. I'm sure Lyria Skystrider and Priest Ennas don't want to be a part of the Horde.

EDIT: By the way does anyone know if Ennas and Skystrider still do that protest thing in the Bazaar after the Sunwell is restored?
They've decided that the blood elves joined the Horde, the alliance has the high elves as their counterpart. I doubt they'll add another faction of high/blood elves for the alliance.
Something I really dislike, of the 10% of the high/blood elves that survived the scourge attack, they have been split into 3 groups, Blood Elves(of the Horde), Blood Elves loyal to Kael'thas and the High Elves in the alliance. Surely, with the restoring of the Sunwell and Kael'Thas dead, they could reunite under one banner?
There are really only 2 problems for this:
- Game-mechanics, the joining of blood and high elves would probably create a neutral faction, which won't happen in WoW's lifetime.
- Vareesa's 'pride', her biggest hate is because a blood elf(her cousin!) kidnapped her sons? because of the actions of 1 blood elf, you want to risk a civil war that would end up with the end of both blood and high elves?
The blood elves and high elves have a lot more alike than they have differences.

I'm guessing the protest is just overlooked, I doubt many people know it's even there.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
Welcome, belorealah .
As for the wretched, I don't think there's reverting back for them, so I'd expect to have them still around.
While reverting is highly doubtful, I don't they'll be anymore be created due to their loss of their territory and the restoration of the sunwell. I imagine most would've been killed off by now.

On the subject of rehabilitation maybe the Blood elves could get them to do menial tasks or act as shock troops(goblin sapper style). Teach them to do all the jobs they don't want them to do.