Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > Blizzard Discussion > General Blizzard Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default role playing a blood elf priest

hey guys,

im just about to move to a RP server, staying horde side and im a blood elf.

anyone got any tips on how to roleplay?
diffrent ideas on belf priests?
things i should and should not say?

any tricks of the trade? haha

horde rp on eu servers is a lil rubbish but im going to persevere.

thanks for you wisdom oh mighty ones! haha
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Havard Havard is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Havard's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521

Default

It's tough because there's not a lot of lore on belf priests. I would think it reasonable to assume that the belf priests had a similar utilitarian attitude about the Light that Blood Knights did pre-2.4, and that they may now be (generally) undergoing some sort of re-version to respecting the Light.

I think you have some leeway, you could be holding onto that utilitarian view or you could be a revert to the faith. Or somewhere in between.

Unfortunately, there's no organized belf Church in game (like the Alliance's Church of Holy Light), just a few rare priest NPC's, so as far as I can tell, you have to just be vague, careful and wing it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Timolas Timolas is offline


Timolas's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Malta
Posts: 12,475
Send a message via MSN to Timolas

Default

I used to roleplay a blood elf priest. I don't think you have to worry much. Just keep in mind what matters -
1: Priests can be conduits of Shadow, Light or both.
2: Many were probably part of the Church before the Third War, but probably aren't now.
3: Many priests became Blood Knights. Your priest obviously is not a blood knight. You can think of why that is the case.
4: The elves felt that the Light had forsaken them, so they tortured the Naaru for the Light. Priests don't seem to need that.... or do they? You could be a priest who retained the use of the Light, or who use the Naaru like the blood knights. Now it doesn't matter anyway. You use the Sunwell.
__________________
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Darkphoenix Darkphoenix is offline

The Knight-Lord
Darkphoenix's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 662

Default

I wish we had more information on Blood Elven priests, but the fact is that we have next to nothing to go on for them. This makes good RP difficult.

I have RPed on the US RP server Moon Guard as a Blood Knight, for about three years now. Trust me, from what I've seen, no one seems to have gotten RPing a Blood Elf priest down.

Liadrin was in fact a priest herself before she became the matriarch of the Blood Knights, so, following on from the example she set, you would be well within logic to assume that alot of Blood Elven priests became Blood Knights, leaving very few priests. From what we can see, we have just Blood Knights and a small group of Mages/Wizards within the ranks of the Blood Knight Order. Given the limited and out-dated lore sources we have for the Blood Elves, It's hard to find a purpose for Blood Elven priests within their own society. This should change in Cataclysm however... At least, one would hope so.

Whilst it's hard to see where they fit into the grand scheme of things, there are some avenues you can go down, in regards to your characters story and background.

The first suggestion is the most concrete, yet, in my opinion, the most mundane of the two; RP as apart of the Argent Crusade. With the coming of Cataclysm, The Argent's will have alot more to do with the Eastern and Western Plaguelands. Places which are very close to home. I would go down this path if you wanted to RP a priest of the more traditional, stereotypical, type. So, a priest who relies on faith to call upon the Light, not the Sunwell's energies. If your server has an Horde side Argent Crusade guild, even better.

My second suggestion is based off of my own speculation and conclusions, but I think it's sound enough to work out. You see, now that the Sunwell is back, it's been confirmed to be half Arcane and half Light. I would assume that Blood Elven priests would be more prevalent than ever in Blood Elven Lore/society. With this knowledge, I would RP a BE priest as someone who worked more akin to a Mage, sticking true to the Elven way, but instead of the Arcane, you use the Light. Maybe a guardian of the Sunwell, or, something to that effect.

All in all, those are my suggestions, take em and tweak em. That's the best part of RP, story creation. As I said, it's hard to work with that class/race combination in RP, but you can make it work.
__________________
- Arrodis on Moon Guard-US. Wikia Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2010, 02:55 AM
belorealah belorealah is offline

Arch-Druid
belorealah's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: England
Posts: 1,165
BattleTag: toffeeatoms#2825

Default

thanks guys thats a great help.

think i mite go for the magepriest idea. dont want to be a goody goody elf but not a shadow priest either.

there is so little lore i can do what i want really,

now all i need to know is how the light works!

thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Havard Havard is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Havard's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
I wish we had more information on Blood Elven priests, but the fact is that we have next to nothing to go on for them. This makes good RP difficult.

I have RPed on the US RP server Moon Guard as a Blood Knight, for about three years now. Trust me, from what I've seen, no one seems to have gotten RPing a Blood Elf priest down.

Liadrin was in fact a priest herself before she became the matriarch of the Blood Knights, so, following on from the example she set, you would be well within logic to assume that alot of Blood Elven priests became Blood Knights, leaving very few priests. From what we can see, we have just Blood Knights and a small group of Mages/Wizards within the ranks of the Blood Knight Order. Given the limited and out-dated lore sources we have for the Blood Elves, It's hard to find a purpose for Blood Elven priests within their own society. This should change in Cataclysm however... At least, one would hope so.

Whilst it's hard to see where they fit into the grand scheme of things, there are some avenues you can go down, in regards to your characters story and background.

The first suggestion is the most concrete, yet, in my opinion, the most mundane of the two; RP as apart of the Argent Crusade. With the coming of Cataclysm, The Argent's will have alot more to do with the Eastern and Western Plaguelands. Places which are very close to home. I would go down this path if you wanted to RP a priest of the more traditional, stereotypical, type. So, a priest who relies on faith to call upon the Light, not the Sunwell's energies. If your server has an Horde side Argent Crusade guild, even better.

My second suggestion is based off of my own speculation and conclusions, but I think it's sound enough to work out. You see, now that the Sunwell is back, it's been confirmed to be half Arcane and half Light. I would assume that Blood Elven priests would be more prevalent than ever in Blood Elven Lore/society. With this knowledge, I would RP a BE priest as someone who worked more akin to a Mage, sticking true to the Elven way, but instead of the Arcane, you use the Light. Maybe a guardian of the Sunwell, or, something to that effect.

All in all, those are my suggestions, take em and tweak em. That's the best part of RP, story creation. As I said, it's hard to work with that class/race combination in RP, but you can make it work.
Who are your active toons on Moon Guard?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Ornhelm Ornhelm is offline

Sentinel Queen
Ornhelm's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 978

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havard View Post
Who are your active toons on Moon Guard?
Get outa mah realm.
__________________
The One Free Man.

Run. Think. Shoot. Live.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Havard Havard is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Havard's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornhelm View Post
Get outa mah realm.
Your realm? Have at you, longshanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Darkphoenix Darkphoenix is offline

The Knight-Lord
Darkphoenix's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 662

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havard View Post
Who are your active toons on Moon Guard?
My mai is a Blood Elf Pally named Arrodis. He would be the Blood Knight I mentioned before. Also, despite the fact that my Pally is my main, I play my Blood Elf DK, Arrødis, and my Human Warrior, Datharen, quite actively as well. Feel free to message me in-game, if your after some RP.
__________________
- Arrodis on Moon Guard-US. Wikia Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)

Last edited by Darkphoenix; 07-09-2010 at 07:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Havard Havard is offline

Priestess of the Moon
Havard's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 521

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
My mai is a Blood Elf Pally named Arrodis. He would be the Blood Knight I mentioned before. Also, despite the fact that my Pally is my main, I play my Blood Elf DK, Arrødis, and my Human Warrior, Datharen, quite actively as well. Feel free to message me in-game, if your after some RP.
Sounds good, I'll say hi sometime.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.