Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 11-24-2016, 05:58 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Question Favourite Legion Faction

Which Legion faction do you like the most? It can be a neutral faction, an hostile faction, a neutral class faction, a mongrel faction or whatever other kind of group you can find on the Broken Isles.

For me, it's the helarjar, followed by the valarjar and the harpies.

After the end of Arthas's Scourge, I've missed having proper undead in WoW. Sure, we still have the Forsaken, but I've found them somewhat lacking. There's nothing mystical about them. Now, don't get me wrong, I quite like the Doctor Frankenstein thing they've got going on, but in my opinion, it should be balanced with more dark sorcery. Where are their necromancers? Why does Blizzard insist on making them dependent on outside forces, like the Scourge and now Helya, to continue existing?

So... yeah, the helarjar inject that healthy dose of mystical undead into WoW.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:37 AM

Elune

Wardens.

I've always liked them. Whether it's the armour, their sort of Texas Ranger style of law enforcement, how much I've always liked Maiev. There is something about them that comes together so well that has always, despite my dislike of elves, put them at the top of my "favourite Warcraft groups" list.

Plus, they weren't turned into a villain group and they're about the only people who seem to have a problem with this "Illidan is so great" thing, but they still reluctantly released the Demon Hunters proving they're not completely Lawful Stupid either.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:52 AM

Eternal

This is going to sound pretty typical but probably the Nightfallen, honestly. The Nightborne aesthetic just clicked with me, and I like how they have the arcan'dor balancing arcane and nature. Plus their base is so cool.

I also like that the Illidari feels like a family and Matron Mother Malevolence is great.

And I agree that it feels nice to have mystical undead again with the Helarjar, though I actually prefer them over the Scourge, since even the Scourge got pretty industrialized in Wrath.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:03 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
And I agree that it feels nice to have mystical undead again with the Helarjar, though I actually prefer them over the Scourge, since even the Scourge got pretty industrialized in Wrath.
Yeah, I also prefer them over the post-RoC/TFT Scourge.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:30 PM

Sentinel Queen

I prefer the Highmountain Tauren because the tribes are quite distinct. Vanilla Tauren are weak against that with no tribe sans the Grimtotem sticking out much. My Tauren shamy should be a Skytotem Eagle Rider broken out of Harpy prison in my mind not just some mass produced cow from Mulgore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaximillian View Post
If BL stands for Blizzard, then yeah.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:39 PM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Nightfallen has definitely had the most work put into them, and it shows. Valtrois and stellagosa were hilarious this week, and right at the end you get to see how much of nerd Valtrois really is.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-24-2016, 11:35 PM

Keeper of the Grove
BattleTag: MelosEgo#1512

For me. Its a tie between, Wardens, Highmountain Tribes and Nightfallen.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:32 AM

Banished

Highmountain Tribes

However, that's pretty much only because they're what the Tauren should of been.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:48 AM

Elune

The nightborne and nightfallen are definitely at the top of my list. The wardens are fun as always, but the expansion doesn't really focus on them all that much. The highmountain and valarjar are way up there too.

Court of Farondis is somewhere at the bottom of the list, hanging out with the Frenzyheart Tribe.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:53 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

It's a shame that the Warden WQs are so devoid of lore. It would have been neat if they mentioned the crimes of our quarry.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:05 AM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazja View Post
It's a shame that the Warden WQs are so devoid of lore. It would have been neat if they mentioned the crimes of our quarry.
"Crime: Being an adorable kitty-cat owl thing!"
"Crime: Being a sleepy bear."
"Crime: High reproductive rate endangering local eco-system"
Old 11-25-2016, 04:22 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
"Crime: High reproductive rate endangering local eco-system"
So the Wardens are jealous of its sex life?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:28 AM

Eternal
BattleTag: Crazyterran#1213

Quote:
I imagine things are either really fun or really boring for an all female order.
So many deluded people think their rotting Waifuchief cares for them and their faction, when every scrap of internalized narrative has made it clear for years that to Sylvanas, the entirety of the Horde - including her own people - is nothing more than a shitton of bodies to stack between herself and her final death.

And all it takes is a tactically calculated "for the Horde" rallying the troops to make them all think "OMG she really does care!"
Old 11-25-2016, 04:35 AM

Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyterran View Post
I imagine things are either really fun or really boring for an all female order.
They are so outdated, seriously. From the priests to the druids, society is now free!
Old 11-25-2016, 04:38 AM

Elune

Quote:
...now I can't stop picturing falcosaur furries.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:01 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Shut the fuck up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:08 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
It is said that trolls are evolved raptors, so...

(Harpies are evolved raptors with more avian features.)
Old 11-25-2016, 07:19 AM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:

It's not said that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:38 AM

Trade Baroness - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
It's not said that at all.
Would MCA lie to me? I think not!
Old 11-25-2016, 07:52 AM

Site Staff - Moderator
BattleTag: Pyrolithic#1538

Quote:

Remember that hyper-intelligent raptor that traveled to a distant planet with our help back in Cataclysm?

In the far future, her and her descendants were the last bastion of civilization against the Legion, and so created a series of constructs and sent them back in time with the directive of stopping the Legion at all cost, though the time travel corrupted their memories and objectives somewhat.

That's right. Raptors created the Titans
Old 12-09-2016, 06:28 PM

Chimaera

I actually like the Court of Farondis.

I like Farondis. I like his group. I like their interaction. I like their storyline (despite the couple glaring plotholes) Their questline and their WQs dont suck, they have a beautiful zone, and they seem like a cool bunch, hanging out, mixing cocktails, making wine, studying, taking care of business...when they get around to it. No rush, being immortal and all.

Also the Nightfallen and the Nightborne. I am in love with Suramar City (though how you could possibly quest there as anything other than a DH I cant imagine) and the worldbuilding and society-building that went into that place and both factions is awesome. They make me care about them. How often does a video game accomplish that?

On the flip side...I do Not like the Dreamweavers at all. It's quite something that I finished their entire zone and at the end I still had no idea who these people are or what they are about except maybe they are the local Nelfs...rite?...or do they do something else? That zone started off weak after Cenarius died, and got so muddied in the second half that there was no takeaway from it for me.

Last edited by Al'Akir; 12-09-2016 at 06:35 PM..
Old 12-09-2016, 07:12 PM

Arch-Druid

Mana

The nightborne and nightfallen, most definitely.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:47 PM

Revenant - Moderator

In order from favorite to least favorite:

The Nightfallen - You spend the most time with them and feel the most sympathy for them. All these people trying to fight their government while trying to reconnect with the world while starving to death. I like infrastructure and the hope repairing it brings, so that was a plus.

Highmountain Tribe - I did not expect to like the tauren as much as I did. In Highmountain, all I could think at the beginning was that I had seen the zone and the tribes before, but each managed to stand out in its own way. The bloodtotem were interesting as a sort of evil 'good guys' for a few quests, but the Feltotem presence was off, especially because their leadership is killed off quickly to make way for the Underking rematch, but they are good overall.

Court of Farondis - I like them. It is pointed out multiple times that they have living family, which is neat. Overall, the story can't decide if they know they are dead, or if they are undead and fine with it, or if they want to pass on. Different charters can have different opinions, but the discrepancy is never focused on or mentioned, so I blame bad writing. In the end, they just sort of... stop after liking their prince again.

The Wardens - Barely there, since none of their quests have plot. Still, they have style.

Valarjar - I loved the vrykul plot in WotLK, with the exception that it seemed unfinished. Here, they get room for so much more culture and then don't bother filling it in. VALOR! Flight masters! Dying to ascend and then do nothing!

Dreamweavers - Boring druids that don't even druid that much. The three main druid types are cat, bear, and tree? What ever happened to storm crows? Why do the druids of the claw have two leaders? Why no moonkin form druids? Not much there. There is like one actual Legion demon there.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Last edited by Revenant; 12-11-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Old 12-11-2016, 05:18 PM

Eternal

Are the Dreamweavers the same group from the druid order hall? Or is that just the Cenarion Circle?
Old 12-11-2016, 08:56 PM

Revenant - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilgath View Post
Are the Dreamweavers the same group from the druid order hall? Or is that just the Cenarion Circle?
All the druid orders are united in Lore, there is just more than one rep grind. The order hall is the CC.

Okay. It is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonneillon View Post
It'd be nice if they actually finally gave us things they cut or under utilized 10 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
Ten.

Years.

Tags
faction bias, wow legion