Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #23376  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Nazja Nazja is offline

Trade Baroness - Moderator
Nazja's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: All the lands of Wonder.
Posts: 40,959

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
The answer they gave to Jesse Cox was basically a placating statement (which even Jesse mentioned). Adding demon hunters as an option for new races is a lot different than any other class having new races because it takes a lot of resources to do. Consider the following:

- Art team time to give every new DH race horns, tattoos, skin options (and double that because male/female
- Sound team time for the unique voices DHs get
- Quest team time both because they wouldn't start at Mardum (as they mentioned in their answer) but also the class hall stuff doesn't make sense because they follow you for your actions in Mardum/Warden Prison so need to make some quest adjustments


Yadda yadda raid tier. But in Demon Hunters in particular the reason they have so much customization is because they only had to do it for two races.
While I also doubt that we'll see other races being allowed to be DHs (anytime soon), would adding horns and tattoos really be that much work? Aren't the horns just an attachment?
Reply With Quote
  #23377  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:31 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,520
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I'm surprised that Horde players aren't more upset that their characters are once again being unrepentant assholes in Stormheim.
Why should we care about being assholes in a video-game?

I don't want to play righteous heroes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23378  
Old 05-18-2016, 12:38 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

I just realized DHs are better orcs.

Reply With Quote
  #23379  
Old 05-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Why should we care about being assholes in a video-game?

I don't want to play righteous heroes.
Congratulations on picking the right faction then
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #23380  
Old 05-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Drusus Drusus is offline

Elune
Drusus's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Greymane's Offensive
Posts: 8,699

Default

I'm pretty sure they also said "We may add Worgen and Goblin Monks in the future" as well.

It's just politics speak. Millions of man hours for their metamorphosis forms and all that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltongue View Post
you're the edgemaster 9000 with the leet memes who's close second to Gurzog in shitposting.
Reply With Quote
  #23381  
Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'm pretty sure they also said "We may add Worgen and Goblin Monks in the future" as well.

It's just politics speak. Millions of man hours for their metamorphosis forms and all that.
You must be fun at parties.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #23382  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Arterius Arterius is offline

Sentinel Queen
Arterius's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 982

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
oh.. yeah, dks are the bad guys.
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Reply With Quote
  #23383  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Angron was right Angron was right is offline

Demon Hunter
Angron was right's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

Sylvanas raidboss when kosak?
Reply With Quote
  #23384  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:15 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

Sylvanas raidboss when kosak?
You joke but she actually is the best developed female character.
Reply With Quote
  #23385  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Noitora Noitora is offline

Elune
Noitora's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,693
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

Sylvanas raidboss when kosak?
Go back to YouTube comment section.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
Yeah but where would this forum be if not for people speculating endlessly about things Blizzard doesn't give a shit about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Reply With Quote
  #23386  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default



guess where
Reply With Quote
  #23387  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Angron was right Angron was right is offline

Demon Hunter
Angron was right's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You joke but she actually is the best developed female character.
LaughingJaina.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #23388  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:20 PM
DerpiusMaximus DerpiusMaximus is offline

Eternal
DerpiusMaximus's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,635

Default

Reply With Quote
  #23389  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:22 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
LaughingJaina.jpg
Jaina suffered character derailment in Cata when her troops battle across the Barrens with the Horde, going ''crazy'' but not even destroying Orgrimmar because Metzen told her not to. Sylvanas remained consistent with her dickery.
Reply With Quote
  #23390  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

I've grown more fond of Admiral Rogers, myself. I would love to read a backstory about her and what she went through that made her the way she was. She's been a very consistent character in her dickery as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23391  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 PM
SmokeBlader SmokeBlader is offline

Elune
SmokeBlader's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 30,980

Default

Rogers is a forum mouthpiece, not a character.
Reply With Quote
  #23392  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default




also R.I.P Fo'rum he got removed.
Reply With Quote
  #23393  
Old 05-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Lord Grimtale Lord Grimtale is offline

Elune
Lord Grimtale's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb
Posts: 22,046
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Rogers is a forum mouthpiece, not a character.
Which is exactly why I want more backstory about her to help flesh her out. Chances are Blizzard would absolutely screw that up and make her unjustified in her hate like they do other Alliance characters, but I'm willing to roll that dice just to have more Alliance characters who don't follow the stereotypical peacemongering themes.
Reply With Quote
  #23394  
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Rogers is a biproduct of Nobbel being fucktarded. its a meme noncanon character.
Reply With Quote
  #23395  
Old 05-18-2016, 07:06 PM
Arakiba Arakiba is offline

Elune
Arakiba's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,586

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post



also R.I.P Fo'rum he got removed.
Hah "overly positive attitude." I'm liking the little spins each class gets for this.

(Still prefer Calydus and the "this is awkward" part for Warlocks though, thus far)
Reply With Quote
  #23396  
Old 05-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Fojar Fojar is offline

Elune
Fojar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Lordaeron
Posts: 17,442

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
WoW console port confirmed
__________________
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Reply With Quote
  #23397  
Old 05-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Gurzog Gurzog is offline

Banished
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14,056
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

Default

Considering the (fucking annoying) bug of a certain item has been hotfixed (YAY) i could probably go and do the uestlines on other characters ( I would encourage others to do the same, for maximum lines

i am glad this isnt a paladin only quest line.

Also I am almost on another step for the monk campaign.

I hope it isnt just some draenei female (same one that leads the attack on Peak of serenity), I would prefer it if it was Kruul that was the monk villain.
Reply With Quote
  #23398  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Krainz Krainz is offline

Troubadour
Krainz's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,520
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Nifty. Signatured.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23399  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Darkphoenix Darkphoenix is offline

The Knight-Lord
Darkphoenix's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 662

Default

@The Nobbel Mention
On the one hand, I believe you ought to pay credit where credit is due. Nobbel produces a lot of videos on the franchise's lore; and they really aren't that bad. It's a positive that he's doing this, because it ups the chance that more and more people will become enamoured with Warcraft's story. Any effort to sincerely try and get more people on-board with and informed about the narrative is a plus, in my book.

On the other hand... Jesus Christ is his voice grating! Again, I pay the guy for his passion, and I completely understand that he can't help it, but that voice is... Not my cup of tea. It keeps me from getting to the end of some of his output. The community that's spawned around him is special, too. From my observations, humanity would have been better off if many of them had been aborted. In fairness, though, it is the Internet, and the guy can only do so much when it comes to who jumps on his train.

I'd honestly love to see this community give what he's been doing a solid shot. We've a strong group of minds here. I know Omacron has a history with podcasting; as do I. And others who frequent here have tried with their own ventures, too. A nice pool of talent here that could be utilised, is all I'm saying. We could do what he's doing, too; easily.
__________________
- Arrodis on Moon Guard-US. Wikia Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Reply With Quote
  #23400  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:38 PM
Omacron Omacron is offline


Omacron's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 34,378
BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
@Nobbel Mention
On the one hand, I believe you ought to pay credit where credit is due. Nobbel produces a lot of videos on the franchise's lore; and they really aren't that bad. It's a positive that he's doing this, because it ups the chance that more and more people will become enamoured with Warcraft's story. Any effort to sincerely try and get more people on-board with and informed about the narrative is a plus, in my book.

On the other hand... Jesus Christ is his voice grating! Again, I pay the guy for his passion, and I completely understand that he can't help it, but that voice is... Not my cup of tea. It keeps me from getting to the end of some of his output. The community that's spawned around him is special, too. From my observations, humanity would have been better off if many of them had been aborted. In fairness, though, it is the Internet, and the guy can only do so much when it comes to who jumps on his train.

I'd honestly love to see this community give what he's been doing a solid shot. We've a strong group of minds here. I know Omacron has a history with podcasting; as do I. And others who frequent here have tried with their own ventures, too. A nice pool of talent here that could be utilised, is all I'm saying. We could do what he's doing easily.
We tried to do the podcast as a "community" based thing but that fizzled out super fast. The first episodes of my podcast were structured as panel discussions and we'd have like five people, but after the first two episodes it was harder and harder to get people commit to it. So then we just had a few members of SoL as rotating guests... and even that dried up. Then it just became me and my cohost who I hated, and frankly, it was only fun when doing the panels. Not to mention that such a structure isn't well suited to the modern youtube-focused vlog style that nobbel does.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.