Scrolls of Lore Forums  

Go Back   Scrolls of Lore Forums > WarCraft Discussion > World of WarCraft Discussion

Old 05-18-2016, 12:19 PM

Trade Baroness - Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
The answer they gave to Jesse Cox was basically a placating statement (which even Jesse mentioned). Adding demon hunters as an option for new races is a lot different than any other class having new races because it takes a lot of resources to do. Consider the following:

- Art team time to give every new DH race horns, tattoos, skin options (and double that because male/female
- Sound team time for the unique voices DHs get
- Quest team time both because they wouldn't start at Mardum (as they mentioned in their answer) but also the class hall stuff doesn't make sense because they follow you for your actions in Mardum/Warden Prison so need to make some quest adjustments

Yadda yadda raid tier. But in Demon Hunters in particular the reason they have so much customization is because they only had to do it for two races.
While I also doubt that we'll see other races being allowed to be DHs (anytime soon), would adding horns and tattoos really be that much work? Aren't the horns just an attachment?
Old 05-18-2016, 12:31 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojar View Post
I'm surprised that Horde players aren't more upset that their characters are once again being unrepentant assholes in Stormheim.
Why should we care about being assholes in a video-game?

I don't want to play righteous heroes.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:38 PM

Banished
BattleTag: Hulk#2393

I just realized DHs are better orcs.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:23 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krainz View Post
Why should we care about being assholes in a video-game?

I don't want to play righteous heroes.
Congratulations on picking the right faction then
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-18-2016, 02:25 PM

Elune

I'm pretty sure they also said "We may add Worgen and Goblin Monks in the future" as well.

It's just politics speak. Millions of man hours for their metamorphosis forms and all that.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusus View Post
I'm pretty sure they also said "We may add Worgen and Goblin Monks in the future" as well.

It's just politics speak. Millions of man hours for their metamorphosis forms and all that.
You must be fun at parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:03 PM

Sentinel Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshadow View Post
oh.. yeah, dks are the bad guys.
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:09 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nah. We're the Good Scourge. The Ebon Blade is at least raising dead people into unholy mockeries of life so they can go kick demon ass, as opposed to Sylvanas "I need to create a bunch of meat shields to protect me because otherwise I might suffer consequences for my actions" Windrunner.
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

Sylvanas raidboss when kosak?
Old 05-18-2016, 06:15 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angron was right View Post
STOP SHAMING SYLVANAS, SHE IS A STRONK BLACK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO LICH KING.

You joke but she actually is the best developed female character.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:17 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Chillman#1339

Quote:

Go back to YouTube comment section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon View Post
SoL: 20 something know it alls telling other 20 something know it alls they know everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebyarlant View Post
All this faction bitching and people arguing with each other and it's Fojar of all people that comes in with reasonable positivity.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM

Banished

guess where
Old 05-18-2016, 06:19 PM

Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
You joke but she actually is the best developed female character.
LaughingJaina.jpg
Old 05-18-2016, 06:20 PM

Eternal

Old 05-18-2016, 06:22 PM

Elune

Quote:
LaughingJaina.jpg
Jaina suffered character derailment in Cata when her troops battle across the Barrens with the Horde, going ''crazy'' but not even destroying Orgrimmar because Metzen told her not to. Sylvanas remained consistent with her dickery.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

I've grown more fond of Admiral Rogers, myself. I would love to read a backstory about her and what she went through that made her the way she was. She's been a very consistent character in her dickery as well.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:50 PM

Elune

Rogers is a forum mouthpiece, not a character.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM

Banished

also R.I.P Fo'rum he got removed.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:57 PM

Elune
BattleTag: Grimtale67#1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
Rogers is a forum mouthpiece, not a character.
Which is exactly why I want more backstory about her to help flesh her out. Chances are Blizzard would absolutely screw that up and make her unjustified in her hate like they do other Alliance characters, but I'm willing to roll that dice just to have more Alliance characters who don't follow the stereotypical peacemongering themes.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:04 PM

Banished

Rogers is a biproduct of Nobbel being fucktarded. its a meme noncanon character.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:06 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurzog View Post

also R.I.P Fo'rum he got removed.
Hah "overly positive attitude." I'm liking the little spins each class gets for this.

(Still prefer Calydus and the "this is awkward" part for Warlocks though, thus far)
Old 05-18-2016, 07:11 PM

Elune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpiusMaximus View Post
WoW console port confirmed
"Noble countrymen, evil is upon us. Darkness has befallen our shores. Rise and slay thy enemies� strike, strike so others shall live. The meek shall not fade into the night� live my brethren, live." - King Terenas Menethil II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronGrackle View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamasalad View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbraid View Post
You are right Fojar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
You are right Fojar.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:11 PM

Banished

Considering the (fucking annoying) bug of a certain item has been hotfixed (YAY) i could probably go and do the uestlines on other characters ( I would encourage others to do the same, for maximum lines

i am glad this isnt a paladin only quest line.

Also I am almost on another step for the monk campaign.

I hope it isnt just some draenei female (same one that leads the attack on Peak of serenity), I would prefer it if it was Kruul that was the monk villain.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 PM

Troubadour
BattleTag: Krainz#1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
Nifty. Signatured.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:34 PM

The Knight-Lord

@The Nobbel Mention
On the one hand, I believe you ought to pay credit where credit is due. Nobbel produces a lot of videos on the franchise's lore; and they really aren't that bad. It's a positive that he's doing this, because it ups the chance that more and more people will become enamoured with Warcraft's story. Any effort to sincerely try and get more people on-board with and informed about the narrative is a plus, in my book.

On the other hand... Jesus Christ is his voice grating! Again, I pay the guy for his passion, and I completely understand that he can't help it, but that voice is... Not my cup of tea. It keeps me from getting to the end of some of his output. The community that's spawned around him is special, too. From my observations, humanity would have been better off if many of them had been aborted. In fairness, though, it is the Internet, and the guy can only do so much when it comes to who jumps on his train.

I'd honestly love to see this community give what he's been doing a solid shot. We've a strong group of minds here. I know Omacron has a history with podcasting; as do I. And others who frequent here have tried with their own ventures, too. A nice pool of talent here that could be utilised, is all I'm saying. We could do what he's doing, too; easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitora View Post
I hope you get raped harder than an African woman during ethnic cleansing
- Noitora, "A Couple of Illidan Spoilers" Thread (Pg. 17; Post #339)
Old 05-18-2016, 08:38 PM

BattleTag: Omacron#1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkphoenix View Post
@Nobbel Mention
On the one hand, I believe you ought to pay credit where credit is due. Nobbel produces a lot of videos on the franchise's lore; and they really aren't that bad. It's a positive that he's doing this, because it ups the chance that more and more people will become enamoured with Warcraft's story. Any effort to sincerely try and get more people on-board with and informed about the narrative is a plus, in my book.

On the other hand... Jesus Christ is his voice grating! Again, I pay the guy for his passion, and I completely understand that he can't help it, but that voice is... Not my cup of tea. It keeps me from getting to the end of some of his output. The community that's spawned around him is special, too. From my observations, humanity would have been better off if many of them had been aborted. In fairness, though, it is the Internet, and the guy can only do so much when it comes to who jumps on his train.

I'd honestly love to see this community give what he's been doing a solid shot. We've a strong group of minds here. I know Omacron has a history with podcasting; as do I. And others who frequent here have tried with their own ventures, too. A nice pool of talent here that could be utilised, is all I'm saying. We could do what he's doing easily.
We tried to do the podcast as a "community" based thing but that fizzled out super fast. The first episodes of my podcast were structured as panel discussions and we'd have like five people, but after the first two episodes it was harder and harder to get people commit to it. So then we just had a few members of SoL as rotating guests... and even that dried up. Then it just became me and my cohost who I hated, and frankly, it was only fun when doing the panels. Not to mention that such a structure isn't well suited to the modern youtube-focused vlog style that nobbel does.

Tags
chronicle, leg expansion, legion, neutrals for everyone